Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

guy with backup phone from failed company buys backup watch from probably failing company

bull3964 posted:

Got my $140 Misfit Vapor today to bolster my wonky battery Moto 360 2. It's pretty nice so far, the added PPI over the Moto 360 2 is really noticeable. I'm a little worried about OLED burn in long term, but it does help it seem like a real watch by have absolute black levels.

It's a bit more nondescript and 'techy' looking than the Moto 360 2, no one's going to be mistaking it for a designer watch. Ordered a couple replacement 20mm bands to upgrade from the included silicon ones.

The 44mm case is a bit smaller than I would like for my wrist, but it doesn't look hilariously small either so it will do.

It's hard to argue with the price of this thing. If it lasts another two years, then it would be money well spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
unless it's a skateboard or a snowboard, buying anything named misfit seems like a bad idea

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

unless it's a skateboard or a snowboard, buying anything named misfit seems like a bad idea

idk android products named "misfit" seem apt

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

only two inches thick. that's like some flavor flav poo poo, just strapping a straight up wall clock to your wrist

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

guy with backup phone from failed company buys backup watch from probably failing company

misfit vapor sounds like something i'm using to blow out sick clouds on my twitch channel

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

misfit was started by noted apple ceo john sculley and has, thus far, defied all odds and not been bought by fitbit so they should be perfect for someone that doesnt want mainstream support and product lifecycles

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

to his credit midfit make a coke can color version of their first product so i guess sculley can claim hes worked with both sides of the industry

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

to his credit midfit make a coke can color version of their first product so i guess sculley can claim hes worked with both sides of the industry

lol

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
"i'm thinking of calling my wearables company misfit, as in a thing that doesn't fit"

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Cocoa Crispies posted:

"i'm thinking of calling my wearables company misfit, as in a thing that doesn't fit"

at least it’s aptly named for when it ends up in the land of misfit toys

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
“what’s wrong with you?”

“I’m an android watch. nobody wants an android watch!”

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Agile Vector posted:

when someone milks their name for a flop can we call it

rubin one out?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
anroid lol

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Syncopated posted:

anroid lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
cant believe people still use this pos os

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

pram posted:

I can understand if someone gets some poo poo $50 phone or something but I don't understand why someone would pay iPhone money for an android.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
well practically speaking they don't, which is why the pixel/essential phone/every other non-bargain-basement-trash-tier android is a complete flop

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The pixel and essential phones are not comparable and the pixel inarguably has the best camera of any phone

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

iOS is piss trash for idiots and android is far and away the best mobile operation system

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Blue Train posted:

The pixel and essential phones are not comparable and the pixel inarguably has the best camera of any phone

they're comparable in that no one bought them

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

google specifically broke the download metrics for pixel exclusive apps so that people couldn't tell how few had been purchased

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea true

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

i love the iOS (even though it hosed me a couple times and ate my keychain) but i got a basically free aynroid because i wanted to see about developing for the play store

all i can say is an iphone is a great phone but computer janitting a droid is fun if you're sitting on the toilet

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
sarnsung phones are barely phones but you can customize them if you like :spergin:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

so it's basically a $500 fidget spinner?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It is good to be able to customize an item that you interact with for multiple hours out of every single day

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol. jesus, get a hobby or something. that's an unhealthy amount of time to spend on your phone

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

so it's basically a $500 fidget spinner?

new thread title?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

On my deathbed I will reflect upon the literal minutes that I wasted customizing my mobile phone

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Blue Train posted:

On my deathbed I will reflect upon the literal minutes that I wasted customizing my mobile phone

what did you customize on your andoid that you cannot customize on an iPhone

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Double tap to sleep on the home button and hiding apps that only run in the background from the drawer

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Phobeste posted:

look the iPhone won’t let me use garbage fonts everywhere

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Phobeste posted:

i hate HATE admitting it but you can do a lot of fuckery with an android

still not a good telephone, but you can do uh stuff

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Android has apps and some manufacturers have built in ambient screen that uses the proximity sensor to determine when you pull it out of your pocket and turns the screen on without the need to press the power button

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Apple is poo poo and behind the times with their hitler "bezelless" phone

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Phobeste posted:

i need six clocks on my homescreen, okay?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i spend 90% of my waking life pawing at this phone, of course i need papyrus as the system font

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Blue Train posted:

It is good to be able to customize an item that you interact with for multiple hours out of every single day

:stare:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Blue Train posted:

Android has apps and some manufacturers have built in ambient screen that uses the proximity sensor to determine when you pull it out of your pocket and turns the screen on without the need to press the power button

i have this its actually dope and useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

infernal machines posted:

i spend 90% of my waking life pawing at this phone, of course i need papyrus as the system font

please

comic sans is the only font to bring whimsy to this droll world and i need it everywhere in my life

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/comic-sans-everything/oaehjhfpohkdjkpcdbblepomnflojfli?hl=en