Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol at the Broken rear end RNG

Those were all from the same round one right after another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

:lol:

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
That's some good champ levels?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i reinstalled recently and have to say i am amazed at how power creeped my units have become, either that or the current event is deliberately irritatingly hard. pretty tired of 5* gambit right now

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been really slacking on the game, don't even have 1k PvP points total.

Quit PvE, don't even DPQ except for the Legendary Token.

I may have burnt out till the next alliance-wide event.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

zeroskippy posted:

That's some good champ levels?

lol well yeah it actually let me champ him and gave me some levels.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

rabidsquid posted:

i reinstalled recently and have to say i am amazed at how power creeped my units have become, either that or the current event is deliberately irritatingly hard. pretty tired of 5* gambit right now

Sim right now is bullshit hard. Way too much rouge and gambit spam in the nodes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

zeroskippy posted:

Sim right now is bullshit hard. Way too much rouge and gambit spam in the nodes.

true gambit is loving bullshit.

I'm having fun with my 2 purple Clint / wasp / Peggy though. Get 5 blue and win.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Update your app and turn off the loving animations.

The game is so fast now its amazing.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

MarcusSA posted:

Update your app and turn off the loving animations.

The game is so fast now its amazing.

Holy poo poo this is the best thing they've ever done. It's so much faster.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Wish list after this: lower the delay between move and attack tiles going off, make everyone's matches go as fast as Storm's because for some reason hers happen super fast.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sneeing Emu posted:

Holy poo poo this is the best thing they've ever done. It's so much faster.

Yes it is but lol if you are playing the game on an X.

gently caress the simulator gambit and rogue.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MarcusSA posted:

Yes it is but lol if you are playing the game on an X.

gently caress the simulator gambit and rogue.

this simulator is singlehandedly making me regret reinstalling. good job!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like the no animations thing because now Moon Knight's green is a "tap this and something instantly dies" button.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Push El Burrito posted:

I like the no animations thing because now Moon Knight's green is a "tap this and something instantly dies" button.

Phoenix green + Thanos black = tap this and everything dies instantly

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hi I was kicked out of my alliance cause I couldn't meet the required threshhold (didn't even make 4k for the 10 Heroics), so now I'm just looking for an alliance that I can join for alliance events like the upcoming one.

Is there room in any of the goon alliances.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

We have some space in Pizza Dog still, dont we? We don't give a poo poo how much you play

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Hi I was kicked out of my alliance cause I couldn't meet the required threshhold (didn't even make 4k for the 10 Heroics), so now I'm just looking for an alliance that I can join for alliance events like the upcoming one.

Is there room in any of the goon alliances.

Ignite Memories posted:

We have some space in Pizza Dog still, dont we? We don't give a poo poo how much you play

We also have space in Goonery and don't care how much you play.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yep Pizza Dog has spots open.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Losar?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sent an application to Pizza Dog.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Me an hour ago: Rad, I got my last Cloak and Dagger cover!

Me now: poo poo, a Cloak and Dagger cover. Now I need to get 400K Iso-8 in a hurry.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Too bad they won't bring about a trading system. I'd give you 400k.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sesq posted:

Me an hour ago: Rad, I got my last Cloak and Dagger cover!

Me now: poo poo, a Cloak and Dagger cover. Now I need to get 400K Iso-8 in a hurry.

I average like 30k a day so depending on how hard you try you should be able to get that in two weeks.

Maybe less if you have some 2*s that are close to 144.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

MarcusSA posted:

I average like 30k a day so depending on how hard you try you should be able to get that in two weeks.

Maybe less if you have some 2*s that are close to 144.

Yeah, I can probably do that. I just have to have to have that cover sitting in my roster for as long as it takes to get back on the treadmill right after grinding up Jean and Fury.

After this, I've still got TAHulk, Nova, and X-23 sitting at 13 covers. I would 100% buy Iso-8 on a regular basis if they gave out, like 25 times as much as they do.

Edit: Oh, and Deadpool too, looks like.

Edit edit: Cheezum Cripes I'm getting lucky today. Token from Apocalypse Round 1 got me covers 11 and 12 for Rogue, with 13 coming on the Christmas event. Gotta level her too.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 14, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hate-Senpai posted:

Sent an application to Pizza Dog.

i applied to this one too but if its full or another clan has an open spot let me know, i actually want to get some rewards from this new thing

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

rabidsquid posted:

i applied to this one too but if its full or another clan has an open spot let me know, i actually want to get some rewards from this new thing

Bone Rangers has a few slots available, got a few people I'm trimming that have been inactive for two months. Anyone else that wants to get in on an alliance for the Apocalypse event, feel free to apply!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

8 posts up duder

Regrettable posted:

We also have space in Goonery and don't care how much you play.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

Sesq posted:

Yeah, I can probably do that. I just have to have to have that cover sitting in my roster for as long as it takes to get back on the treadmill right after grinding up Jean and Fury.

After this, I've still got TAHulk, Nova, and X-23 sitting at 13 covers. I would 100% buy Iso-8 on a regular basis if they gave out, like 25 times as much as they do.

Edit: Oh, and Deadpool too, looks like.

Edit edit: Cheezum Cripes I'm getting lucky today. Token from Apocalypse Round 1 got me covers 11 and 12 for Rogue, with 13 coming on the Christmas event. Gotta level her too.

Make your life easier, wait for cover 14 for people before you dump iso. Only pull when you have iso. You'll find that you'll waste almost nothing and have a lot of options pretty quickly.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CidGregor posted:

Bone Rangers has a few slots available, got a few people I'm trimming that have been inactive for two months. Anyone else that wants to get in on an alliance for the Apocalypse event, feel free to apply!

i applied

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I will have to bring one of my mpq accounts over

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Today’s Christmas event match is basically impossible. Or else I am missing something obvious. Nothing like protected countdown tiles that fire off immediately (thanks Carlson) for 7k or 9k damage. All at level 125 characters.

I can get one character down before they fire off a power, but the other characters start firing and there goes my team.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I have champed 4 star Cyclops so I just used him, 3* IM, and KK. Two yellow matches means at least one person is down.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Push El Burrito posted:

I have champed 4 star Cyclops so I just used him, 3* IM, and KK. Two yellow matches means at least one person is down.

I have a bunch of 3 Stars champed, but not many covers of 4+ star characters. Just a little frustrating that the event went from fairly low difficulty bonus event to what felt like impossible. Especially when I see a countdown tile appear, then trigger to kill a character of mine before I get a move. I will just have to break out a bunch of boosts to try a get a first or second turn kill.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If you have Scarlet Witch champed her green will destroy special tiles (including countdown tiles) I do believe. Loki's black will steal the attack tiles that are created and turn them into defense tiles for you which is a pretty big burn on those assholes.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so this favorites thing is new since i last played, is there any ~optimal strategy~ to employing it?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I used IM40, 3Mags, and Thanos. Got a couple of yellow matches, and fired off Mag's blue, while having Thanos' green activated to have him tank. Taking one out and having 4k damage dropped on the other two helped a lot, especially with the extra 4k coming from Thanos' green.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Orvin posted:

Today’s Christmas event match is basically impossible. Or else I am missing something obvious. Nothing like protected countdown tiles that fire off immediately (thanks Carlson) for 7k or 9k damage. All at level 125 characters.

I can get one character down before they fire off a power, but the other characters start firing and there goes my team.

I used Black Bolt (I only have 1 green cover for him) for the required Inhuman, IM40, and Dr Strange. I wrecked Mockingbird very quickly and then Carol, then Coulson. Strange's stun REALLY helped.

rabidsquid posted:

so this favorites thing is new since i last played, is there any ~optimal strategy~ to employing it?

I am not an expert, but I only mark one dude in each tier as Fav, always someone I am trying to get to champ status. Once I get them to champ, I switch to someone else.

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 18, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

I used IM40, 3Mags, and Thanos. Got a couple of yellow matches, and fired off Mag's blue, while having Thanos' green activated to have him tank. Taking one out and having 4k damage dropped on the other two helped a lot, especially with the extra 4k coming from Thanos' green.

^This basically

I did IM40/Medusa/Thanos and made sure to let his green take out the first one so he did 8k damage to the other two in one turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I am not an expert, but I only mark one dude in each tier as Fav, always someone I am trying to get to champ status. Once I get them to champ, I switch to someone else.

FWIW, that's what I'm doing. Anymore, it doesn't take a terribly long time to re-champ a 3*. I keep that 3* favorited until I get one more cover past lvl 266, then I sell the champ and still have the character rostered for whenever they're required in DDQ and the like.