Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Taguchi :allears:

I need a real version of the horse race video. So. Many. Gifs...

e: Just finished the Masked Horse match. I love New Japan, you guys... :woop:

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Just in case the horse racing video is something new to anyone, you should totally watch the Japan World Cup videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POQIH5KyUjI

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LIJ :smith:

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Look at it as a way of freeing EVIL up for a better belt. :unsmith:

But really, this does give the island boyz something decent to do other than tag matches with Kenny or warm-ups with Chase Owens.

Edit to avoid double posting: God drat Naito is living in Okada's head, rent-free.

Double edit: RENT. FREE. Okada kept that cobra clutch on poor sweet Hiromu as a message.

Mr. Swoon fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Dec 17, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Naito is winning that goddamn title at WK, gently caress yes.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/NJPWgifs/status/942360380290031616?s=17

If Gedo keeps the title on Okada then he'll be approaching history's greatest monster status.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:3:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baron Corbyn posted:

https://twitter.com/NJPWgifs/status/942360380290031616?s=17

If Gedo keeps the title on Okada then he'll be approaching history's greatest monster status.

Wrestling is awesome.

Hmm perhaps not ordering a shirt yesterday was a good idea.

Also I love my roided up Vampire Young Lion.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Dec 17, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
sounds like today's show was sufficiently short + hype i should at least throw it on in the background, nice

man it'd be insanely dope if they had done the YLC final as like a Dome show super-undercard match, but I don't know, maybe fans would just totally reject that

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

sounds like today's show was sufficiently short + hype i should at least throw it on in the background, nice

man it'd be insanely dope if they had done the YLC final as like a Dome show super-undercard match, but I don't know, maybe fans would just totally reject that

Kitamura/Kawato go to a time limit draw tomorrow then each win their final match leaving them in joint first place and needing a tiebreaker at the Dome?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

Kitamura/Kawato go to a time limit draw tomorrow then each win their final match leaving them in joint first place and needing a tiebreaker at the Dome?

:pray:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

Just woke up and watched the two matches I missed and yeah. Main even was super heated and didn't just feel like yet another good but interchangeable LIJ vs. CHAOS match like we've seen on every show this year and the YLC matches were fun.

It wouldn't even need to be on the Dome imo given the single block league format but I do wish the last night was in Korakuen instead of a single cam show in Shinjuku FACE.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Second half of the doubleshot is tomorrow morning

ROAD TO TOKYO DOME
December 18th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

YLC Match:Syota Umino [2] vs. Ren Narita [0]
YLC Match:Tomoyuki Oka [4] vs. Tetsuhiro Yagi [0]
YLC Match:Hirai Kawato [6] vs. Katsuya Kitamura [6]
KUSHIDA, Liger, TMIV, and Masked Horse vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Desperado, Kanemaru, and TAKA)
Togi Makabe and Henare vs. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano)
Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Yujiro Takahashi) vs. L.I.J (EVIL and SANADA)
Kota Ibushi and TenCozy vs. Bullet Club (GoD and Leo Tonga)
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, SHO, and YOH) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vampire Traps baby!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
oh, wow okay sho and yoh with okada is a hell of a team

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Man, the year in review video at the start of the show really drove home how awesome this year has been for NJPW. 2018 is looking great too!

I'm not sure who my fave New Japan horse is, but it might be Tanahashi rolling in a giant IC belt.

Horse game video for those who missed it.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 17, 2017

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Naito's got my absolute favorite blend of "sympathetic & likable" and "relentless rear end in a top hat" that I've ever seen on a top heel. And it's all part of a very consistent characterization that's had a clear and compelling evolution over the years. Okada's had a phenomenal run and may very well be the best main event wrestler of all time, but I think it's time for him to hand it over. After all, he's got at least ten more years in his career barring serious injury, so he'll have plenty of chances to get it back and pad his already legendary set of accolades

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

LIJ seems like the best buds

https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/942052748891062272

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
With LIJ losing the trio's titles poor Bushi doesn't have anything going on for WK12.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

With LIJ losing the trio's titles poor Bushi doesn't have anything going on for WK12.

new japan rumble winner 2018

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Hiromu you magnificent bastard... :-)

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I think Bushi's probably going to play into the finish of the tag title match. He'll spit mist into like Lance Archer's eyes or something.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Bushi is coming to sit with us in the crowd and eat popcorn

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Can somebody post that video of La Sombra chilling in the ropes before the camera cuts to a pre-Tranquilo Naito going :aaa: like the secrets of the universe have just been revealed to him (which they had)?

I just crack up every time I think about it, it's like that photo series of Jared Leto seeing a coat he really likes at a fashion show.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://twitter.com/LuchaGifs/status/914341779557830656drat it that's not the right one, I posted before clicking. Now I gotta find the right one.https://twitter.com/ChrisCrash00/status/901142898648825856

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Can somebody post that video of La Sombra chilling in the ropes before the camera cuts to a pre-Tranquilo Naito going :aaa: like the secrets of the universe have just been revealed to him (which they had)?

I just crack up every time I think about it, it's like that photo series of Jared Leto seeing a coat he really likes at a fashion show.

There's the picture. I don't have video on hand but I imagine that has to be from either the World Tag League 2014 opener (November 22nd - Naito and Sombra vs. AJ Styles and Yujiro) or the first Korakuen show from Fantasticamania 2015 (January 18th - Naito, Sombra, and Taguchi vs. Nakanishi, Dorada, and Captain). I'm guessing the former as Taguchi's nowhere in sight.

Shame the former is from right before World started

Thauros fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 18, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beautiful, thank you both :allears:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
So is Goto vs Suzuki at the Dome going to be a Lucha De Apuestas match or does Minoru just really want to shave heads these days?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goto offered to put his hair on the line at an earlier show in order to get a title shot, and Suzuki is very enthusiastic about the idea.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 18, 2017

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Tonga Roa's in ring gear is a bit busy these days.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Le Saboteur posted:

So is Goto vs Suzuki at the Dome going to be a Lucha De Apuestas match or does Minoru just really want to shave heads these days?

It's Hair Vs. Title, yeah

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Benne posted:

It's Hair Vs. Title, yeah

now it looks like hair vs. hair + title

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/942718882082471936

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
the winner gets cool good minoru suzuki hair, while the loser gets dumb sub-tenzan goto hair

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Someone a few pages ago was talking about how they wanted a YLC tie resulting in a tiebreak at the Dome and it could happen. If Oka beats Kitamura on Thursday it'd result in a three way unbreakable tie with Kawato (assuming he beats Umino, which he will). They could do a three way Final on the Dome preshow or as an opening match.

Of course, it's entirely plausible Kitamura simply runs the table as well. But the fact that they didn't set up Kitamura vs Oka as a straight winner takes all match is making me suspicious....

LION'S GATE PROJECT 10
December 21st at 5:00 EDT/10:00 GMT
Shinjuku FACE

YLC Match:Hirai Kawato [6] vs. Shota Umino [4]
YLC Match:Tomuyuki Oka [6] vs. Katsuya Kitamura [8]
YLC Match:Tetsuhiro Yagi [0] vs. Ren Narita [0]
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Dinosaur Takuma [K-Dojo] vs. Manabu Nakanishi and Kotaro Yoshino [K-Dojo]
Satoshi Kojima vs. Daisuke Kanehira [HEAT UP]
Yuji Nagata vs. Yuma Aoyagi [AJPW]

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/942782596013998080

uhhhh, whats up, new tana haircut

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fans: AJ Styles has mom hair!
Tana: Hold my beer

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
please tell me that's a wig.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Pro Wrestler goes to the doctor's office. Says "doctor, I am depressed. I can't work; I got water in the knee and my bicep is shot. Feels like I am being stalked by a switchblade everywhere I go. What do you suggest?"
Doctor says, "Treatment is simple; the great Tanahashi is in town tonight. Go and see him sling blade. See him high fly flow. Should pick you up."
The man bursts into tears. "But doctor, I am Tanahashi."

What I'm saying is that is some motherfucking clown hair

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

heel turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The Cameo posted:

Pro Wrestler goes to the doctor's office. Says "doctor, I am depressed. I can't work; I got water in the knee and my bicep is shot. Feels like I am being stalked by a switchblade everywhere I go. What do you suggest?"
Doctor says, "Treatment is simple; the great Tanahashi is in town tonight. Go and see him sling blade. See him high fly flow. Should pick you up."
The man bursts into tears. "But doctor, I am Tanahashi."

What I'm saying is that is some motherfucking clown hair

lmao

also im watching the dec 18 show, please someone with the ability make a gif of the sunburst coming out of the young lion's rear end in a top hat at the end of the 2nd match

• Locked thread