Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
He was actually too sober to rap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The Mother joke is 5+ years old.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Golden Bee posted:

The Mother joke is 5+ years old.

And yet it never gets old.

Eating your momma’s pussy with a squeeze of lime keeps things fresh.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Like an avocado?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
:eek:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Has Matt Gourley ever been on Harmontown?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Hell yes he has

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

So they got Ron Jeremy.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

How did I forget this? I wonder why he isn't on more since he's lifelong buds with Jeff.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I couldn't be with my family this Thanksgiving, so I was feeling kinda down, but then I noticed that one of my favorite podcasts had posted a new episode! "gee," I thought to myself, "That's just the thing I need to brighten up such a gloomy day"

45 loving minutes of stories about dead dogs and kittens

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Josh Androsky was excellent on the latest episode -- talked about the DSA and did a good job.

Also, Jeff outed himself as a shameful nerd, by name-dropping a Doctor Who villain. (It was Davros, and he mentioned him twice.)

prefect fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 27, 2017

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

My gf who is friends w/spencer got him on. It's great because now we can continue feeling like contributing members of the DSA while only going to the fun events

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Spencer acted like the DSA didn’t contact them but I know I and several other people were getting after Levy.

Having worked under Josh when he was on steering, I am extremely proud of his growth as a person. What was it knowing this episode is how many times Dan wanted to circle back to Dan being able to do social good from his Twitter account, and being mean to people, when it’s hard in person work to change society.
Edit: The irony is that it took the DSA a long time to respond to the invitation because Josh had resigned that weekend I think? It was taking a poo poo ton of bandwidth to handle that, which was also Rick and Morty McDonald’s weekend.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dan learned about giraffes and he loves them now. :3:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
:argh: Theodore Roosevelt said carry a big stick, not Churchill :argh:

:argh: The aquatic ape theory is transparently dumb :argh:

:argh: Spuds was a bull terrier not an English bulldog :argh:

There was something else too I forgot now though :argh::argh::argh:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
:argh: I can't believe you forgot that last thing :argh:

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
They really need to either move D&D to a completely separate podcast or just stop doing it altogether. I enjoy it when they really get into it, but too often it's shoved to the last 10 minutes of the podcast and no one remembers what's happening. Harmonquest has proven they can be amazing if they focus solely on a continuing story and not break it up.

Sgt. McKill
Sep 30, 2005
kill kill kill
The beginning to this week's episode made me laugh harder than I have in awhile. The worst mistake one can make in a mama-loving freestyle: to end up loving your own mama.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Spencer's "and let's put the n-word back on the table" killed me.

Drunkboxer posted:

:argh: The aquatic ape theory is transparently dumb :argh:

I don't think you can just discard it out of hand anymore since that pruney finger discovery

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Another Josh Androsky appearance. :neckbeard:

This other guest is a means-tester. :jerkoff:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Andy Dick is comedy poison.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Inzombiac posted:

Andy Dick is comedy poison.

100%

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Brandon is right about the government: there's no hope, and we lost a long time ago. :sigh:

Update: Brandon is dumb and naive about the Internet and government and corporations. :sigh:

Edit: Josh Androsky again! :neckbeard:

The return of Demorge! :woop:

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Dec 18, 2017

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

prefect posted:

Yes!!!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

prefect posted:

Brandon is right about the government: there's no hope, and we lost a long time ago. :sigh:

Update: Brandon is dumb and naive about the Internet and government and corporations. :sigh:

Edit: Josh Androsky again! :neckbeard:

I bailed on last weeks ep in the middle of Dan's "epiphany" about how Trump likes being racist, and this post isn't getting me excited about this week's ep. I don't even mind Dan being more political really, I'm just finding it harder to listen to his Twitter-born, poorly defined rants.

E: I guess Demorge coming back is something

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Speaking of Demorge, I wonder what Irish Joe's up to these days.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Drunkboxer posted:

I bailed on last weeks ep in the middle of Dan's "epiphany" about how Trump likes being racist, and this post isn't getting me excited about this week's ep. I don't even mind Dan being more political really, I'm just finding it harder to listen to his Twitter-born, poorly defined rants.

It was frustrating at times; Dan seems to think that protests actually accomplish something meaningful. I understand why he feels that way; you want to believe that there's still hope and there's some way to push back against evil. :smith:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Protesting is good tho and does accomplish things

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Also, Dan still thinks bitcoins are not a thing to immediately laugh at and then ignore. :(

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

prefect posted:

Also, Dan still thinks bitcoins are not a thing to immediately laugh at and then ignore. :(

I'm mad at myself and these forums for dissuading myself from getting at least 1 or 2 bitcoin when they were $50

Bitcoins aren't ever going to go away. In a place that has poor fiat currency, bitcoins start to look good.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

No, the worst thing about Dan is that he still defends Lena Dunham and Andy Dick.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

No, the worst thing about Dan is that he still defends Lena Dunham and Andy Dick.

No, it's Elon Musk

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Maybe he defends them to distract from his truly heinous >5yr old tales

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Anyone who hasn't yet realized that twitter is the malignant cancer killing our society is going to have trouble coming up with anything meaningful to say politically, sorry Dan.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

KoRMaK posted:

Bitcoins aren't ever going to go away. In a place that has poor fiat currency, bitcoins start to look good.

Bitcoins are useless as a currency except for crime, and they're currently a massive speculative bubble that's going to pop and could easily be the starting pistol for a new great depression

I really hope Dan manages to get one of the Chapos on as a guest, on their latest episode they had a riff about how their needs to be some Black Ops team that just murders all the Bitcoin people for the good of the planet.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Guy Goodbody posted:

Bitcoins are useless as a currency except for crime, and they're currently a massive speculative bubble that's going to pop and could easily be the starting pistol for a new great depression

I really hope Dan manages to get one of the Chapos on as a guest, on their latest episode they had a riff about how their needs to be some Black Ops team that just murders all the Bitcoin people for the good of the planet.

That team also needs to murder all the billionaires.

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010
I wonder if they'll get around to getting Dave Anthony in. It'd be interesting, but I think he'd be too abrasive for it to be entertaining.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The shows getting bad without an audience

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Uh-oh.

https://twitter.com/pottymouthworld/status/943999966304911360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU