Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

mastershakeman posted:

high motor, blue collar lunch pail student of the game; first one to practice and last to leave, studies lots of tape, gritty, hard nosed no natural athletic talent all hard work

If you merge Clay Matthews and JJ Watt in a fly style chamber Peter King never stops cumming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Sorry that your fragile QBs body kept getting in the way of Suh's giant feet and hands

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/942824396921679875

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

if I wanted to read feeble trash talk and dishonest twisting I'd go to reddit or a team forum. Can we knock it off?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

SKULL.GIF posted:

if I wanted to read feeble trash talk and dishonest twisting I'd go to reddit or a team forum. Can we knock it off?

SA has, as long as I've posted, had some sort of strange vitriol towards the Packers. I haven't met many people, even most NFC North fans, who were anything but cool about the rivalries between us and fans of teams outside the NFC North generally don't give a poo poo about the Packers one way or another. If anything, they'll rally behind the solidarity of the Packers knocking out Dallas or Seattle or whatever.

The hatred makes no sense to me because (maybe not now, but at least for a while) people disliked the Packers more than Seattle, which is just a strange mindset to adopt.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I don't give a gently caress what whiny NFCN fans say about it being easy to be a Packers fan, I know exactly what it's like to be a fan of lovely, horrible sports teams that will never win a got dang thing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
~*We're so persecuted*~

Edit:
As a note I don't actually hate the Packers all that much actually I have a ton of respect for that organization. But boy Packer fans for some reason can't take the light mocking that all fanbases get.

Like man how many times do Bears fans just get automatically associated with those fat white super fans dudes.

It's just fun jabbing between division rivals

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 18, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Good Will Hrunting posted:

SA has, as long as I've posted, had some sort of strange vitriol towards the Packers. I haven't met many people, even most NFC North fans, who were anything but cool about the rivalries between us and fans of teams outside the NFC North generally don't give a poo poo about the Packers one way or another. If anything, they'll rally behind the solidarity of the Packers knocking out Dallas or Seattle or whatever.

The hatred makes no sense to me because (maybe not now, but at least for a while) people disliked the Packers more than Seattle, which is just a strange mindset to adopt.

I grew up in Michigan and live in Chicago and every sane person I know hates the Packers. Why on earth would fans of franchises who have been routinely dominated by Favre and Rodgers for 25 years find any solidarity with them?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Good Will Hrunting posted:

SA has, as long as I've posted, had some sort of strange vitriol towards the Packers.

It's not strange it's because Packers fans whine about absolutely anything

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Vando posted:

Look man their 4th string linebacker is below average

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Henchman of Santa posted:

I grew up in Michigan and live in Chicago and every sane person I know hates the Packers. Why on earth would fans of franchises who have been routinely dominated by Favre and Rodgers for 25 years find any solidarity with them?

It's the same reason I loving hate the GOD drat Cardinals

gently caress

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I think the entire North can agree on gently caress the Cardinals

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait, the lovely rear end in a top hat baseball Cardinals or the good cool football Cardinals?

Vando posted:

Dude, they have a bad defensive coordinator, can you imagine anything worse?

They have a bad loving defensive coordinator.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

VJeff posted:

Wait, the lovely rear end in a top hat baseball Cardinals or the good cool football Cardinals?

Who the gently caress do you think?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It can get a little exhausting hearing that your defense is fine because Aaron Rodgers something something stop complaining.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I meant fans outside the North. I mean it's fine to hate the Packers if you're a Bears/Lions/Vikings fan. I guess I just don't give a poo poo since your franchises have been so loving lovely lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

nerve posted:

Who the gently caress do you think?

Well you have a Brewers avatar so I'm thinking probably the baseball ones but also the football ones beat the Packers in the playoffs recently so I don't know, I don't wanna bet on the wrong one and look stupid(er). :saddowns:

BGrifter posted:

It can get a little exhausting hearing that your defense is fine because Aaron Rodgers something something stop complaining.

I can imagine if it was inconvenient to you, then constantly having to hear the truth would get a little exhausting.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

BGrifter posted:

Your defense isn't fine but it doesn't matter because history tells us it doesn't need to be fine when you have one of those 'best QBs of the past 25 years' to compensate for it

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Vando posted:

Your defense isn't fine but it doesn't matter because history tells us it doesn't need to be fine when you have one of those 'best QBs of the past 25 years' to compensate for it

I disagree. It does matter. It's not like the Packers are some otherworldly dynasty like the Patriots or 2000s Yankees or whatever. Yes, they've been successful. Yes, they win a lot. But they are still wasting the prime years of a top player to ever play the game by being too stubborn to fire someone who is clearly the problem. And it's a tremendous testament to how bad the defense actually is by seeing how incredibly Aaron has played all these years with only 1 Super Bowl appearance to show for it. These weren't fluke playoff losses. These were trouncings because the defense can't hang with any team that has a remote idea of how to beat them.

I think the Packers fans who post in this thread/regularly outside of GDTs (which are trash anyway) are pretty level-headed for the most part.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

He’s the best quarterback in the division by like 8 country miles

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
It's really sad seeing the Lions squander Stafford's career :(

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He’s the best quarterback in the division by like 8 country miles

wrong; he has a fat dumb face and is objectively worse than Mitch

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Vando posted:

Rodgers is so good it camouflages just how awful this team has been. It’s borderline miraculous how he drags a dumpster fire of a team to the playoffs almost every year. (Partial credit to the Bears and Lions for being the Bears and Lions)

If they put a league average team around him with a league average coaching staff Rodgers would have so many rings he’d be working on the second hand.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mitch is gonna be real good one day when he's traded to some random AFC team and doesn't have to play for diarrhea poop coaches in Shartcago.

♪♫♬ Allll the titttiiiieeeeess youuu can kisssssssss ♪♫♬

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
stafford is in the 'serviceable starter' range for his career, i.e. below 90 rating featuring such luminaries as mariota, schaub, foles, dalton, wentz (all with rating above him) carr, palmer, jameis, etc

the drop from tyrod taylor to stafford is bigger than stafford to cutler, lol

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

mastershakeman posted:

What in the hell is this madness?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fishing with the fam posted:

What in the hell is this madness?

literal numbers from the qb rating list. 91, 88, 85.5

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

mastershakeman posted:

literal numbers from the qb rating list. 91, 88, 85.5

That's his career rating you maroon, Staff has a 99.1 rating and is 6th overall for this season

edit:

nerve posted:

It's really sad seeing the Lions squander Stafford's career :(

The sad thing is if it hadn't been the Lions he would've been drafted by the Jets, which if anything would have been an even more dire fate.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 18, 2017

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

That's his career rating you maroon, Staff has a 99.1 rating and is 6th overall for this season

edit:

The sad thing is if it hadn't been the Lions he would've been drafted by the Jets, which if anything would have been an even more dire fate.

dude are you serious, they had mark loving sanchez and made it to the AFC title

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I think it's proof that qbr is a worthless garbage stat

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Acebuckeye13 posted:

i said career, sheesh. one good/great season doesnt make or break a qb

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Dexo posted:

~*We're so persecuted*~

Edit:
As a note I don't actually hate the Packers all that much actually I have a ton of respect for that organization. But boy Packer fans for some reason can't take the light mocking that all fanbases get.

Like man how many times do Bears fans just get automatically associated with those fat white super fans dudes.

It's just fun jabbing between division rivals

This from the guy who was crying about "punching down" lol

mastershakeman posted:

wrong; he has a fat dumb face
The most damning of indictments

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Dexo posted:

I think the entire North can agree on gently caress the Cardinals

Alright now we're getting somewhere

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

mastershakeman posted:

stafford is in the 'serviceable starter' range for his career, i.e. below 90 rating featuring such luminaries as mariota, schaub, foles, dalton, wentz (all with rating above him) carr, palmer, jameis, etc

LOL, I'm an idiot who is bad at context. I read the second sentence without even considering you were talking about pure rating.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Speleothing posted:

stafford among active players w/ 500 passes or more, career:
td% : 22nd (in between jameis and fitz)
int%: 14th (between matt ryan and brees)
rating: 16th (between dalton and carr)
ay/a: 18
y/a: 18
any/a: 17

some guys are on the list that shouldn't be (schaub, hoyer, keenum) some are missing that look great (deshaun watson)

he's enough to win a SB with like peak flacco or eli, but that's it . he'll never be rodgers or manning or brady or wilson

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

This from the guy who was crying about "punching down" lol

yes, I was 100% serious about that. And not making a joke about how lovely my own team(and the Lions/Vikings i suppose) are.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Speleothing posted:

Passer rating, not QBR

mastershakeman posted:

i said career, sheesh. one good/great season doesnt make or break a qb

oh come on

2009 (10 games started): 61
2010 (2 games started): 91.3
2011: 97.2
2012: 79.8
2013: 84.2
2014: 85.7
2015: 97
2016: 93.3
2017: 99.1

He started on a team that was the worst in league history and has only gotten better year after year, even as the team around him has flailed miserably at supporting him. He's a great player, one of the best passers in the league, and to say otherwise is to argue in the face of every other shred of evidence.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Stafford is ok.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Stafford is cool and good and to have a different opinion is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Naw, Stafford is ok.

• Locked thread