Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
yeah its not really a bad judgement if you're into that.

I liked 3 a bit, 4 just kinda didn't feel enough different. 5 i'm neutral on so far but I haven't watched a lot of footage. Kinda burnt on the AAA Ubisoft experience unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
3, Blood Dragon and Primal were excellent. 4 was meh.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

FrozenVent posted:

3, Blood Dragon and Primal were excellent. 4 was meh.

I never did any of the spin offs so I cant judge those. I think I have Blood Dragon on ps3 because it was free at some point, I should check that out. I've only played 1 3 and 4.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
4 needed way more pagan min randomly talking over the radio

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ahem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEtdyn2QEzA

:krad:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
for 15 more hours company of heroes 2 is free

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/company-of-heroes-2

the rest of the game is not

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

mods change my name posted:

it will probably be exactly like the last far crys with different skins.

climb the fire watch tower to unlock the map!!

5 doesn't have towers anymore :haw:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Capn Beeb posted:

5 doesn't have towers anymore :haw:

Well poo poo that's a nice change

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Yeah the map is open out the gate, just a matter of you being able to handle the super dangerous zones if you go wandering.

Apparently fast travel now has you spawning over the area you selected in a wing suit :getin:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kieVJvr1Lwc

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

oh hey got an email about a PS store sell

hahahah

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Quickest deep sale ever?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

orange juche posted:

Quickest deep sale ever?

I mean Titanfall 2 is the only other game I remember to do something like that so fast--I don't have numbers--but that's because EA used them as cannon fodder so they get a pass

My uneducated theory:

It's a risky move for sure. They're going cash in on some on-the-fence sales, gift 3 lootboxes for x-mas and "sorry we misunderstood we are consistently taking feedback," or some poo poo. Suffice it to say they're gonna find a way to weasel money out of people after the fact.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I just got up to near Central Park in the Dark Zone for the first time ever and holy poo poo that is a lot of bodies. :stare:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

I just got up to near Central Park in the Dark Zone for the first time ever and holy poo poo that is a lot of bodies. :stare:

Yup! The recording up there saying how dump trucks full of corpses had to be turned back because the park was full was some :stonklol: poo poo

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
gently caress yea the northern part of the Dark Zone felt legitimately creepy to explore, I wish more of the game had been like that.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The end game has really changed since I last played like...a year ago. You guys weren't kidding about the gear drops. The game is just vomiting gear at me. Sitting at gear score 186 chewing on Tier 2. No problems going solo through any of the content.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Ultima 8 has way too much aimless dungeon wandering, is 80% controlled by the mouse, sucks in general, and you need the cluebook for the maps to the game that were left out at launch,
but by god it gets jumping puzzles right. And that fact itself is amazing because everything else in the game needed months more fine-tuning.

Bought Brigador + a few other games from GOG's winter sale. Brigador runs flawlessly on linux, with no issues.
Played a few tutorial missions, then switched to freelance mode.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

whatcha running linux for? no judging just curious

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Running linux for the native virtualization tools & some light opensource projects like Wine, games running on linux is a bonus.
Steamclient for linux works fine. Mostly I use a Surface device w/ Win10 for gaming.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 18, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Started playing a f2p gaijin game on steam

gaijin is a company that makes really grindy games if you ever plan to get to the end tiers but are fun if you never do

it is a mad max style vehicle game where you blow up real fast and shoot parts off of people

but they have farm equipment and mil surplus parts and I think that owns

current status

but gently caress the drat tutorial and getting to more fun poo poo taking 2-3 hours

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Those guns would restrict your vision

That's not very safe

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

sorry i already play war thunder and world of warships for my shooty boom boom vehicle sperg needs.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Those guns would restrict your vision

That's not very safe

Is this better, dad

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

you're grounded son, no witnessing for a month

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Johnny Cash Song Pack I – $11.99

Johnny Cash “Big River” | Lead/Bass [E Standard] | Rhythm [Capo Required]

Johnny Cash “Folsom Prison Blues” | Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]

Johnny Cash “Give My Love To Rose” | Lead/Rhythm [Capo Required] | Bass [E Standard]

Johnny Cash “Hey Porter” | Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]

Johnny Cash “Jackson” | Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]

Johnny Cash Song Pack II – $11.99

Johnny Cash “Cry! Cry! Cry!” | Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]

Johnny Cash “Get Rhythm” | Lead/Alt. Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] | Rhythm [Capo Required]

Johnny Cash “I Walk The Line” | Lead/Alt. Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] | Rhythm [Capo Required]

Johnny Cash “Ring Of Fire” | Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]

Johnny Cash “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down” | Lead/Rhythm [Capo Required] | Bass [E Standard]

oh my it might be time to get back into rocksmith

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

whatcha running linux for? no judging just curious
As a daily driver, Linux has been a thousand times less frustrating than Windows has been the past couple of years. I wrote out a whole stupid spiel before accidentally closing this page, but the gist of it was that Windows now only lives on my desktop computer and only gets used for internet shootymans and related things. To use the phrase "it just works" would be disingenuous, but the closest I've seen any computer come to that would be with Linux.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Johnny Cash Song Pack I – $11.99

Johnny Cash “Big River” | Lead/Bass [E Standard] | Rhythm [Capo Required]

Johnny Cash “Folsom Prison Blues” | Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]

Johnny Cash “Give My Love To Rose” | Lead/Rhythm [Capo Required] | Bass [E Standard]

Johnny Cash “Hey Porter” | Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]

Johnny Cash “Jackson” | Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]

Johnny Cash Song Pack II – $11.99

Johnny Cash “Cry! Cry! Cry!” | Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]

Johnny Cash “Get Rhythm” | Lead/Alt. Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] | Rhythm [Capo Required]

Johnny Cash “I Walk The Line” | Lead/Alt. Rhythm/Bass [E Standard] | Rhythm [Capo Required]

Johnny Cash “Ring Of Fire” | Lead/Rhythm/Bass [E Standard]

Johnny Cash “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down” | Lead/Rhythm [Capo Required] | Bass [E Standard]

oh my it might be time to get back into rocksmith

How useful is rocksmith for just screwing around with amp settings and effects and stuff? Like I have a guitar and no amp right now, could I just get this and use it to play around on?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Don't put a linux on your desktops

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
linux has been taking over the desktops since 00.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
linux is pretty great.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ded posted:

linux has been taking over the desktops since 00.

It's the bitcoin of operating systems.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Godholio posted:

It's the bitcoin of operating systems.
No, that's BitKey.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Goddamn it, of course that's a thing.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

brand engager posted:

Don't put a linux on your desktops

Linux is pretty great if you dont want to play videogames. You can get a windows like gui that has all the native apps for word processing, spreadsheets, email, and internet that can easily be locked down to where the end user can't screw anything up. It's idiot proof and super reliable once things are setup correctly. DoD should have gone to Linux years ago instead of paying through the nose to keep Windows XP limping along way past it's usefulness.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

It's idiot proof and super reliable once things are setup correctly.

Runs apt
Installs updates

Wireless card doesn't work anymore because some esoteric nerd somewhere thought it wasn't open source enough.

Linux will be ready for the mainstream once you can do something of consequence under the hood without opening a terminal. Try getting any end user to understand the terminal.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Linux is pretty great if you dont want to play videogames. You can get a windows like gui that has all the native apps for word processing, spreadsheets, email, and internet that can easily be locked down to where the end user can't screw anything up. It's idiot proof and super reliable once things are setup correctly. DoD should have gone to Linux years ago instead of paying through the nose to keep Windows XP limping along way past it's usefulness.

DoD uses the poo poo out of RHEL for mission systems and it is way loving better for that purpose than any of the hacked-up Windows poo poo I've dealt with. My org recently switched to Windows 10 for office workstations and it's been a god damned nightmare.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The experimental COTS system I tested on our westpac for dual towed array processing, the AFTAS system ran on a sunspark unix system. This was back in 97 and all the other computers on the boat used win 3.11.

It of course had a massive bug that did a full memory dump directly into the /root directory which caused the hard drive to fill up. I had to fix that poo poo with zero admin privs and never even touched a unix system before. Good thing I had a lot of experience with DOS or we would have had to pull off mission to fix that stupid bullshit.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If you have opinions on military software, you might be a pog bithc!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

If you have opinions on military software, you might be a pog bithc!

Tried to access mypay today.

That went well.