Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I hope when I die* I'll have as many internet strangers fighting against my detractors as that billionaire dude

*By my own hand**

**Jerking off with a noose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Like... how? Not the how could someone believe that I get that but.... gently caress I don't even know how to word the question.

I have the disclosure project in my facebook feed, that's the only reason I saw it.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Professor Bling posted:

They don't get a pass for lovely token charity and maybe having a bit of a hand in running a not-entirely-poo poo pharma corporation.

They dead, it's a net good, that's how this works
Are we headed down the path towards pointing to the Khmer Rouge as a model regime?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bell_ posted:

Are we headed down the path towards pointing to the Khmer Rouge as a model regime?

Socializing billionaires wealth and forcing them to toil on collective farms wouldn't make me unhappy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm fine with whatever road reduces us all to ashes, as long as the rich go first.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

DJT has a family, yes. He turned them all into broken, disgusting people who have only continued the cycle of abuse. The world would be a markedly better place if his mom had miscarried.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

cowboy elvis posted:

Let’s also not miss the fact that the Pentagon is saying the alloys are making the workers who interact with it health problems.

This, more than anything, tells me it came from a DOD project.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Look, I'm 100% for burning down vacation homes in the Hamptons and sinking all the luxury yachts docked literally anywhere. Social ostracization of the rich and making them fear for their lives every time they leave their billionaire compounds is also good.

If the rich are going to try to gently caress us this hard then they should at least have to deal with the consequences.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Professor Bling posted:

If the rich are going to try to gently caress us this hard then they should at least have to deal with the consequences.

gently caress yeah. Let them gasp for their last breath in front of the christmas tree.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

gently caress yeah. Let them gasp for their last breath in front of the christmas tree.

totally.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The indeterminate metal alloys thing was briefly discussed on Morning Edition today on NPR. Probably around 2:45 into the four hour block. Some scientist was discussing how it's difficult to determine what alloys are comprised of when they're not stamped or identified with accompanying documentation, because of the variety of alloys possible and whatnot.

Sounded like he knew what he was talking about, or I'm remembering it wrong.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:qq:: wont someone think of the billionaires :qq:

:qq: they donated a fraction of their ill-gotten gains to charity :qq:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

As long they pervert the political process to make it impossible to reasonably tax them, I'm not losing a ton of sleep. The ridiculous (and growing) concentration of wealth literally undermines democracy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:qq:: wont someone think of the billionaires :qq:

:qq: they donated a fraction of their ill-gotten gains to charity :qq:

Dude, you need to talk to somebody. You didn't used to be like this.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The indeterminate metal alloys thing was briefly discussed on Morning Edition today on NPR. Probably around 2:45 into the four hour block. Some scientist was discussing how it's difficult to determine what alloys are comprised of when they're not stamped or identified with accompanying documentation, because of the variety of alloys possible and whatnot.

Sounded like he knew what he was talking about, or I'm remembering it wrong.

Can't they just burn it and compare it to the spectrum? I guess it won't say the method or quantity I guess but it's a start

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah I'm sure every great altruist in this thread would opt to live as a pauper instead of a being rich as gently caress if they were given the chance.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

Yeah I'm sure every great altruist in this thread would opt to live as a pauper instead of a being rich as gently caress if they were given the chance.

and if people want to cheer when my billionaire-rear end dies, i'm dead and don't give a gently caress and my loved ones probably won't be able to hear you over the money that just hit their bank accounts.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Can't they just burn it and compare it to the spectrum? I guess it won't say the method or quantity I guess but it's a start

I imagine them trying this and then realizing in horror that the alloy is hilariously pyrophoric. Suddenly, a group of scientists are missing their eyebrows...

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

I wouldn't ask anyone to take a chance on me.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Zeroisanumber posted:

I wouldn't ask anyone to take a chance on me.

ABBA would be disappointed.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kazinsal posted:

I imagine them trying this and then realizing in horror that the alloy is hilariously pyrophoric. Suddenly, a group of scientists are missing their eyebrows...

They don't literally put a match on it. They use a gas chromatograph or something.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

psydude posted:

This isn't the dichotomy anyone is presenting though? Taxation that meaningfully reduces the concentration of wealth isn't going to touch the day to day expenses of the people who would be impacted. Same goes for donating any amount of money short of well north of 90%.

Ruining the democratic process to keep more of what's effectively keeping score money shouldn't be acceptable behavior.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 19, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Kinda sorta ran into DJT jr this evening, ama.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Handsome Ralph posted:

What were you driving and how good did it feel

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Handsome Ralph posted:

Why aren't you under arrest right now?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Handsome Ralph posted:

does he give off the same aura of being in waaaaaaaay over his head from close up that he does from far away?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

:same:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Handsome Ralph posted:

why did you miss

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

On a scale of 1-to-DJTJr, how punchable is his face?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

FAUXTON posted:

What were you driving and how good did it feel

Only my Doc Marten's.

Was going to a bar near my office to meet a friend for a few drinks before going home. Decided to stop in the cigar shop to grab a couple for my trip to Scotland. As I walk up, noticed a secret service dude standing out front scoping everyone out. I walk in and notice another one near the back where customers hangout and smoke and watch movies and poo poo while they do so. I go into the humidor and grab my cigars and walking out I see what looks like DJT Jr with some flunkys sitting in the back smoking a cigar. Paid for my purchase and left.

It was weird, but in retrospect I wish I shouted something about indictments or Mueller.

Afterwards, went to a bar and proceeded to down a few.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

facialimpediment posted:

On a scale of 1-to-DJTJr, how punchable is his face?

DJT Jr considering him holding a cigar was making him look super punchable.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
what's with all of the shitposting?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

what's with all of the shitposting?

https://youtu.be/VklUhPWJdag

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Professor Bling posted:

Look, I'm 100% for burning down vacation homes in the Hamptons and sinking all the luxury yachts docked literally anywhere. Social ostracization of the rich and making them fear for their lives every time they leave their billionaire compounds is also good.

Better option, turn vacation homes into boarding houses for the homeless.

Godholio posted:

Dude, you need to talk to somebody. You didn't used to be like this.

2017 broke a lot of people, me included.

psydude posted:

None of us will ever be gently caress you rich and nobody who is gently caress you rich has ever had to live like us, so the class warfare continues. There is a upper limit of wealth where it goes from living in lavish comfort to wealth for the sake of loving the poor wealth.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I’m legit surprised DJT jr doesn’t have a disposable intern to go buy his stogies for him.

I still take pride in flipping off every motorcade that goes by me when I’m walking in Adams Morgan, Kalorama, or near the White House.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Can't believe DJT Jr. figured out how to make Ted Cruz not look like the most punchable person in a picture

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Eej posted:

Can't believe DJT Jr. figured out how to make Ted Cruz not look like the most punchable person in a picture

Call it a tie. Break the cookie over both their heads then punch them equally.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

I’m legit surprised DJT jr doesn’t have a disposable intern to go buy his stogies for him.

I still take pride in flipping off every motorcade that goes by me when I’m walking in Adams Morgan, Kalorama, or near the White House.

:same:

Every time Trump flys over my house in Marine One I do my part and flip him off.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

None of us will ever be gently caress you rich and nobody who is gently caress you rich has ever had to live like us, so the class warfare continues. There is a upper limit of wealth where it goes from living in lavish comfort to wealth for the sake of loving the poor wealth.

That doesn't change the fact that we're all posting on a dumb comedy forum about a couple of dead billionaires when their deaths do nothing except probably make a few grieving relatives ultra wealthy. And given the chance, we'd all roll around in that loving money, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Turn the hair white and narrow the nose and the face on the cookie could be Bob Mueller. I hope it's not too inappropriate to say that since it's a racist charachature to begin with. Somebody with Photoshop prove me right/wrong.

• Locked thread