Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

JimmyT64 posted:

Finally gonna put my support team up, as I just culled my friends list...

My code is 008,752,568. JimmyT64 in game - post in thread if you add me!

Sent a request. User name is Celeste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Just a reminder, the stream starts in 5 minutes at https://www.twitch.tv/aniplexusa

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The localization team are utter dorks, I love them.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is there any servants that I should be leveling up soon for events?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tired Moritz posted:

Sabers.

Particularly Lily, UMU and Alter if you have 'em.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Tired Moritz posted:

Next event up should be Saber Wars, so level whatever Sabers you've got. Saber Lily gives the largest bonus, followed by Salter and Nero, followed by the other gold Sabers, and then the smallest bonus for the silver Sabers.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

CU, MEDEA, MEDUSA AND S.ALTER ANIMATION UPDATES

Before the year's end, apparently.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Only got Lily. :(

Also the game keeps freezing whenever I try to do the Okeanos story. Is there a way to repair or do I have to reinstall everything?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

30 free quartz hell yeah

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Pureauthor posted:

Heck yeah. :toot: Although playing on NA made me realize I think I actually prefer pre-update Medusa's idle stance, so RIP that I suppose. :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

Are any of these updates happening sooner or about the same as to when they arrived originally in JP?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Nate RFB posted:

Are any of these updates happening sooner or about the same as to when they arrived originally in JP?

Cu/Medusa/Medea were Feb 2017 and Saber Alter was March 2017, so NA is getting them a little over a year early.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's awesome, no reason to sit on incremental updates like that if the client can manage it. Definitely hoping we get the "you have X number of gold XP cards" update sooner as well.

Tired Moritz posted:

Also the game keeps freezing whenever I try to do the Okeanos story. Is there a way to repair or do I have to reinstall everything?
Are you referring to this? https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/7kma7r/discussion_so_what_are_the_chances_of_that_story/ Basically when selecting a support servant? I don't have an answer since I haven't done a story mission since September, but I'd like to hope that if there is such an issue the London download will fix/reset this.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TheFireMagi posted:

Cu/Medusa/Medea were Feb 2017 and Saber Alter was March 2017, so NA is getting them a little over a year early.

Wonder why they don't go full hog and add the FSN Assassins tho. Cursed Arm and Kojiro are sick as hell after updates

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Plutonis posted:

Wonder why they don't go full hog and add the FSN Assassins tho. Cursed Arm and Kojiro are sick as hell after updates

Might've been released too late. Production pipelines can be very very long.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Nate RFB posted:

Are you referring to this? https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/7kma7r/discussion_so_what_are_the_chances_of_that_story/ Basically when selecting a support servant? I don't have an answer since I haven't done a story mission since September, but I'd like to hope that if there is such an issue the London download will fix/reset this.

Hey, that's my exact problem.

I'm in no rush to do the story missions but still, kinda lame.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Kyte posted:

Might've been released too late. Production pipelines can be very very long.

Yeah, I'm really curious as to what exactly the pipeline for code support is when it comes to the NA version. We aren't getting QoL updates alongside the JP version despite getting a whole raft of them from the Camelot era when the game launched in NA (Palingenesis originally came out during the 1st anniversary celebrations for F/GO). Hopefully we start to get more of them; if nothing else, an upcoming story chapter is a sensible place to slot in the Liz and Robin Hood updates.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Problem with Robin Hood updates is that they're explicitly pointed out when it happens in a story chapter.

Of course the localization team could just rewrite that bit when it comes to it.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

Doing a free or daily quest first seems to work for most. Something something too many cutscenes in memory and needing to flush

Forcing a Connection Lost prompt to appear by turning off your wifi also seems to accomplish the same thing, but it's pretty unreliable as you have to time it right. It's the only way I know of to get into the tutorial on a new account if you have low ram though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Started 7 days ago and managed to rush all the way to Okeanos chapter 12 during 1/2 AP on the back of Emiya, Stheno and Kiyohime.
Difficulty's kinda ramping up now.
Kinda wish I had any sabers or casters at all though, the exp is burning a hole in my inventory. Is it ok if I toss it at Mash?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Hell yes. Only took 60 quartz and 7 summoning tickets, too.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

congrats, i still don't have her on the jp version

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

HGH posted:

Started 7 days ago and managed to rush all the way to Okeanos chapter 12 during 1/2 AP on the back of Emiya, Stheno and Kiyohime.
Difficulty's kinda ramping up now.
Kinda wish I had any sabers or casters at all though, the exp is burning a hole in my inventory. Is it ok if I toss it at Mash?

Go for it, Mash will get some upgrades in London that makes her quite usable from what I've been told.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Gwaagh, I threw all my quartz in trying to make Fran show up and got an off-rate St. Martha and a second Liz instead.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got Necromancy and Paracelsus. Welp, gonna use my alchemist buddy then!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Got spooked by Lancelot. Rate up is a lie, etc.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Neat, Paracelsus is voiced by Shinichiro Miki, who among many roles is Ryusei from Super Robot Wars. Also Sasaki Kojiro.

Edit: Ohmygod Medea's Interlude. Do it as soon as you can.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Dec 19, 2017

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

So having finally gotten a decent phone I wanted to get into this, and on my 2nd reroll i got Heracles, Mordred, and Elisabeth Bathory

Read Mordred isn't that great a 5 star but overall that's an account worth sticking with right?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Ceramics posted:

So having finally gotten a decent phone I wanted to get into this, and on my 2nd reroll i got Heracles, Mordred, and Elisabeth Bathory

Read Mordred isn't that great a 5 star but overall that's an account worth sticking with right?

Herc, a second good 4* and any 5*'s a pretty good starting point. Unless there's some specific 4 or 5* Servant you really want to get ASAP, I'd definitely say keep that.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ceramics posted:

Yeah go for that, Herc will carry you for the game and Mordred will have moments to shine against certain enemies. She's still strong

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Thanks I'll go with that then. Was pretty happy to get a decent start after only 2 rerolls, usually takes like 50 for me to get anything good in gacha games heh.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Crasical posted:

Gwaagh, I threw all my quartz in trying to make Fran show up and got an off-rate St. Martha and a second Liz instead.

I went in for Mordred, wound up with two Frans. Can't help but feel I stole from ya, bud.:(

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

30 free quartz hell yeah

They are burning a hole in my pocket so badly, but I know if I use them that I will only be rewarded with some 4* CE that I would never use.

Gotta stay strong for Jalter :smithicide:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Ceramics posted:

I mean if you're going to get an AOE Saber, Mordred would probably be the one I would want because her character seems like a lot of fun.

Herc will carry you once you level him up a bit, and if you stick with him until you get his bond CE he becomes maybe a top 10-15 overall servant in the game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thanks for the quarts which Im going to horde till my actual wife nero bride comes out.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Mordred is cool and even though she pays the Instinct-tax, she still has Mana Burst and a cool and good DEF boost/30%NP charge on her 3rd skill, which makes her the premium Saber for farming poo poo.

I also randomly have her at NP3 in JP, so I'm not going to bother rolling for her here.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Why does everyone hate instinct so much?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's a really bad skill.

Cu Chulainn
Apr 27, 2011

It's great to get out of the lab

I think this is Fate's way of telling me to stop pressing my luck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
By the way, with this update Jack and Tamamo are no longer limited and are in the general servant summoning pool. Also I guess Mash can actually be leveled up to 60 and not 50, because the 50->60 jump was due to an update rather than story unlock and they implemented it now rather than later.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 19, 2017