Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol at some Texans fan talking like their team has actually done anything even when they've had success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Come on guys, keep it chill. The Texans were playing super exciting football with Watson at QB. After that, it was just sad. They've got the most to bitch about in terms of injuries as the Eagles had pretty much clinched and Rodgers was able to come back during the season. I would've loved to see what Watson could do the rest of the season, and I am anticipating a big return for him. Titans... it didn't really come together. I don't think Mariota is bad like some do but I think he could work on his accuracy and that he needs much better weapons than what he has. Where is that team's big-bodied slot receiver? There isn't any, in fact they're all kinda short, forcing Mariota to throw into tight windows. Texans need a ton of work too. If one standout piece gets taken away, they just fall apart. That's the sign of a bad, unbalanced football team.

Jags fans, as far as I'm concerned keep doing your thing but try not to gloat too much. I think the Jags have a chance in the playoffs, even a chance to reach the super bowl. I also think that Bortles can be pretty drat good and most people think he's bad because he has a dumb name.

But, all of this could change this offseason. I think each of these teams have something to be happy about. Except the Colts who I completely forgot to even talk about, lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Probably Magic posted:

Guy whose team starts Tom Savage goes around sneering that his rivals could do better in the passer column.

Uh I guess you didn't watch today's game

The Big Jesus posted:

Mariota owns.

Mularkey is garbage from Jacksonville (garbage city)

Still better than Texans lol

A Titans fan talking poo poo is hilarious, the Titans barely beat the Tom Savage lead Texans and got annihilated by Deshaun Watson

Yeesh, all it took for this to stop being the chill division was the Jags being good for the first time in a decade

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 18, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

Yeesh, all it took for this to stop being the chill division was the Jags being good for the first time in a decade

In fairness to all parties involved, this was probably a circumstance nobody had planned for.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jags fans came out of nowhere and started talking trash. To be fair they've never been here before and didn't know how to handle it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They actually have been here before, it just... it didn't end well for them

I did like seeing Garrard knock the Steelers out of the playoffs though, that owned

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Kirios posted:

Jags fans came out of nowhere and started talking trash. To be fair they've never been here before and didn't know how to handle it.

That was some pretty mild trash talk man. Av buying is pretty lame though

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Enjoy the smug because you never know when it all comes burning down

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

purkey posted:

That was some pretty mild trash talk man. Av buying is pretty lame though

I didn't get red text - even the AV buying was pretty mild.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Athanatos posted:

Enjoy the smug because you never know when it all comes burning down

Probably against the 49ers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Handsome Jimmy G is the new market inefficiency

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

If Bort was that handsome I probably wouldn't have spent all off season whining about signing Kaep.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Kirios posted:

This is either bad trolling or you guys are super sensitive and either way it is hilarious. Please keep telling us how we are the "new 12s".

purkey posted:

If Bort was that handsome I probably wouldn't have spent all off season whining about signing Kaep.
Hell, same.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

purkey posted:

Would rather have a QB who's successfully pickled his liver than one who is merely handsome, anyway!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alcoholic quarterbacks own

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Play posted:

But, all of this could change this offseason. I think each of these teams have something to be happy about. Except the Colts who I completely forgot to even talk about, lol

Colts fans are happy about the certain end of the Pagano era, a high draft pick, and a QB teeming with black market European healing serums.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
How can you be mad at jags fans god drat come on. Ok be mad that nearly every good player on the Texans died but be mad at God, or Bob McNair for bringing the karma on or something I don’t know.

Also lol titans

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is either bad trolling or you guys are super sensitive and either way it is hilarious. Please keep telling us how we are the "new 12s".

You even have a goofy nickname for your defense. Look into your heart, you know it's true.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Our Jags friends here are cool with me until one of them becomes a new LWB/AAC.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Probably Magic posted:

You even have a goofy nickname for your defense. Look into your heart, you know it's true.
Its a good name tho

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Randaconda posted:

Alcoholic quarterbacks own

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Titans are poop from a butt

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Watching the Titans let Jimmy G march right down the field for the game winning FG was amazing, thank you Titans

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Bring Kerry Collins out of retirement to finish the rest of our season imo.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Please don't doxx me, tia.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

same

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I am also a fan of Jaguars player number 1c.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I cant believe that the Titans are 8-6 with a -23 point differential :psyduck:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The AFC South is a confusing place.

The rules don't apply there.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The pitt game distorted things a lot

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well the Texans beat them 57-14 so

Metapod posted:

The pitt game distorted things a lot

The Titans WISH they'd done as well against the Texans as they did against the Steelers :grin:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 19, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steelers weren't much trouble at all.

:smugdog:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Well the Texans beat them 57-14 so
Ohhh yeah that and the Pitt game do distort things, heh.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I am only just now grappling with the reality that the titans will not have a losing record what a mess.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
None of your ghoulish cackling can diminish the sheer joy of beating the Colts twice. In the words of a poet, "You can't take that, no, you can't take that, no, you can't take that away from me."

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

None of your ghoulish cackling can diminish the sheer joy of beating the Colts twice. In the words of a poet, "You can't take that, no, you can't take that, no, you can't take that away from me."
I was full of joy after the Jaguars got the second win against the Colts a couple weeks ago. First time we swept them in either a long time or ever. Two wins with a combined score of 57-10 BOOYAH SUCK IT COLTS.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

And us Colts fans thank you for beating us, for it improves our draft position and leads us to a coaching change!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Codependent Poster posted:

And us Colts fans thank you for beating us, for it improves our draft position and leads us to a coaching change!
That is a good way to look at it. Though I would be concerned if a coaching change wasnt going to happen either way.

It was just nice to finally sweep the boot that was stomping the Jaguars' face fro the past 18 years. I know Luck will be back and the Colts will be better.

• Locked thread