Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I took my final set of dirty gym clothes home last night.

I forgot to bring a clean set today :negative:

I've lifted in slacks and my undershirt

or found a pair of lost and found shorts that fit me and tossed them in the laundry with a load of towels

sometimes working at the Y is p cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm the guy working off the rack shrugging 20s.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
First time lifting in a week due to sickness, had a couple coughs but everything still felt grand, frienderinos

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm the guy working off the rack shrugging 20s.

there's a mirror right behind the dumbbell rack so we always get super alpha bros furiously cheat curling 40s inches from the rack

one time an old guy was trying to get a dumbbell while someone was blocking it, and the old dude said "there's a mirror in the bathroom you know" and I loled

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Old men give no fucks, sometimes it's glorious.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Could barely carry my shopping basket full of meats around the supermarket due to elbow distress. Bad times.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Whack it less

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

or more.

get that blood goin'

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

dakana posted:

there's a mirror right behind the dumbbell rack so we always get super alpha bros furiously cheat curling 40s inches from the rack

one time an old guy was trying to get a dumbbell while someone was blocking it, and the old dude said "there's a mirror in the bathroom you know" and I loled

dude why would u not want to look at ur self as u lift

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm optimistic that this is just the "worse before it gets better" stage of rest and recovery where everything loosens up and the real damage gets exposed.

Hopefully now the real healing can begin.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Fallows posted:

I'm afraid of Bloody Mary. :ohdear:

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Fallows posted:

Uh. Crippling depression of course!

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
if you're not intently observing every fibre of your being ripple as your veins squirm like oversized gummy worms in your arms when you curl then you're doing it wrong

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

You know why they put mirrors in gyms?

a) So you can look at your muscles
b) So you can stealth-look at girlbutts

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It's not stealthy. They know.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Girls look at my butt more than I look at theirs imo

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Thats cuz im checking out the dudes tho

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yeah it's just a numbers game at that point.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

There was a guy I've never seen before at the gym today lifting in a tee and after being there for like an hour he left the weight room to change into a stringlet (it wasn't under his tee) just to do curls. It might have been funny if he wasn't so loving huge. His biceps looked 3x bigger than his calves.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
That guy is living his best life and I’m happy for him

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

There was a guy I've never seen before at the gym today lifting in a tee and after being there for like an hour he left the weight room to change into a stringlet (it wasn't under his tee) just to do curls. It might have been funny if he wasn't so loving huge. His biceps looked 3x bigger than his calves.

owns

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Ripping all those sleeves doing curls probably gets old.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
wishin i had those 'ceps

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Holy crap i have had some bad anxiety during/after lifting the past couple days. And i am not an anxious person

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

sassassin posted:

Mental focus is 69% of athletic performance.

You motherfuckers are all just gonna let this one slide past, huh?

Well, not me.

nice

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Grump posted:

Holy crap i have had some bad anxiety during/after lifting the past couple days. And i am not an anxious person

Sounds like you are an anxious person now, buddy

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Sounds like you are an anxious person now, buddy

o sic

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Also started on the texas method today. Felt weird going back to 5x5 squats again after doing 3x3 for so long, but was nice to have shorter wait times between sets

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Happiness is making dinner for two.

Lasting happiness is making dinner for two for one.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

Fallows posted:

please do not take my statement as an indication I condemn looking at yourself while you lift. Everyone should be free to check themselves out while they bang out those curls. When you're so selfish as to curl directly in front of the rack, though, it interferes with the rights of others to curl, and this is not good.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Getting blackout drunk at 9PM is fine as long as you wake up at 2AM and do an hour of cardio + squats

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Watched a guy deadlift one non-bumper plate and drop it from lockout height.

No wonder all the barbells in this gym are hosed up.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'd watch myself in the mirror but there's always this fat sack of poo poo who keeps blocking my line of sight

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

everything hurts

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

everything hurts

congrats

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"Why does my everything hurt?"

"You've never used it before."

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Grump posted:

sounds like insufficient recovery causing sustained cortisol elevation

whats your recovery spm intake (salamis per minute)?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i’m gonna be out of town for the next month-ish and the only work out facility within 30 minutes of me is a goddamn crossfit gym. is there, like, a good routine i can do with a low learning curve that won’t put my rear end in a literal sling with typical crossfit equipment? i’m not gonna learn to do a clean and jerk just for a few weeks

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

dakana posted:

holy poo poo what a burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

TenementFunster posted:

i’m gonna be out of town for the next month-ish and the only work out facility within 30 minutes of me is a goddamn crossfit gym. is there, like, a good routine i can do with a low learning curve that won’t put my rear end in a literal sling with typical crossfit equipment? i’m not gonna learn to do a clean and jerk just for a few weeks

squat and deadlift and military press a bunch