Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

the spyder posted:

If you don't watch bigclive, you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYQqCw_Bk-0

Skip to the end if you want a big suprize. Nearly spit my drink out.

I just watched this last night, what did I miss?

E: I remember now.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Dec 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tomarse posted:

Everybody please stop giving James Dyson money. Hes a twat.

I agree he absolutely is a despicable gimp but I'm not going to buy an inferior product to make a point. I'd much prefer to give my money to someone like Henry Hoovers but they don't make a cordless.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Does she still have pain or just limited movement? I can deal with the flexibility issue, it's just the non stop pain that's wearing me down. Supposedly it goes through phases and the pain stops eventually but idk, it's probably different for everyone.

Her pain went away after maybe 4 months? She was attentive about PT, but I never got the impression that it was very intensive.
Having your recovery be completely individual to you is so unnerving -- there's never anything other than broad statements about "usually" or "generally."

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Tide posted:

We've had our Dyson for going on 10 years now and have spent a total of 35 bucks on repairs. Works as well as the day we bought it.

I think I've spent $20 on repairs on my Eureka upright bagless (not counting consumables - filters and belts). That $20ish (a bit less) was spent on a new beater (seized up last year).

Oh yeah, I found it in a dumpster... 10 years ago. :v: Had a clogged filter, and someone's dog had chewed through the cord. Couple of wire nuts, electrical tape, and a new filter later, and I have something OSHA wouldn't like, but it works and isn't going to shock anyone.

Not gonna say it holds a candle to a Dyson, but for lovely apartment carpet and $free, I'm not complaining. I manage to fill the canister every time I vacuum (cat hair and cat litter getting tracked out of the box :argh:), and I vacuum every week...

DICK DICER posted:

Drop a couple cherry bombs and black cats in there too, really livens up the tank

I have a massive roll of black cats (I think 5000?) that I'm too chickenshit to set off around here (since fireworks are illegal to set off within about 50 miles, and I have a cop living in my building). Plus some ~3 year old roman candles.

Friend has some property out in the sticks of the sticks, probably go "dispose" of this stuff out there on NYE. :v: Unfortunately her kids are a bit too young to participate in roman candle fights, but maybe her husband might be into it. :wmwink:

Darchangel posted:

So, Star Wars was good. Lots of twists and turns. I never really knew what was going to happen, in a good way. Finally some nice technique with Force+lightsaber. Definitely enjoyed it.

They've actually not failed me before this. For one thing, we have two major Amazon locations in the area (Dallas/Fort Worth.)

Saw it tonight. Not what I expected, but it was a great movie. I didn't see the last movie, so I'm sure there's a lot of plot that I missed, but a friend is in town and wanted to go see it.

And uh, Amazon has a lot more than 2 locations in DFW. If you only count locations that do delivery, there's 4, or 5, depending how you look at it. Two for Prime Now, three for "logistics" (the typical 2 day stuff that winds up getting the last mile via AMZL). The Ft Worth Prime Now warehouse is in the same building as the Ft Worth logistics warehouse, but they're separate operations at opposite ends of the warehouse. Where you're at, you're likely getting deliveries from the Farmers Branch or Ft Worth logistics warehouse, when you get AMZL deliveries.

There's other warehouses that do other stuff; I know of two in Irving that don't do their own delivery (one is dedicated to Amazon Fresh, and ships everything 2 or 3 times a day via 18 wheeler to the two Prime Now warehouses, the other used to handle Dallas Prime Now, but solely works as pick/pack/load into 18 wheelers now), there's another in Haslet, I think yet another in south Dallas County somewhere, and I think another one is about to open in Coppell. If you look on the shipping label on AMZL packages, it'll show DDA1, 2, or 3, which identifies the warehouse that handled the last mile delivery.

angryrobots posted:

But where could we find a source of reliable, consistent methane production

I hear Amtrak has the market cornered for the ne....

DAMNIT

the spyder posted:

Skip to the end if you want a big suprize. Nearly spit my drink out.

DOUBLE DAMNIT. Beer burns so bad exiting via the nose :smith:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 19, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

A word of advice, if you unstrand those black cats to light them off individually, retwist the fuse so it burns just a hair slower. Doing so has saved me a fair few burned fingers over the years.

If not, at least pull the red wrapping off, it definitely helps ease cleanup afterwards. :v:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I didn't see the last movie, so I'm sure there's a lot of plot that I missed

Rogue One is a one-off prequel. As for Force Awakens, just think A New Hope but with the new cast because that's essentially what it is.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Corys will definitely be in there. Always liked the little buggers, plus they keep it a lot cleaner.

They were always my favourite fish of the tropicals in my dad's tank. They got rid of the tank maybe 3 years ago or more but rather than just outright murder the fish the tank was placed into the dark garage and basically left to rot (I'm not sure that's a better death really!). I'd been into the garage on and off over the past couple of years and there were always a few fish still left, recently dad decided he was going to clear the garage which was one hell of a task. He said that despite everything, being in the dark, no food, algae absolutely everywhere he found a single Cory happily swimming about the bottom of the tank feeding as if it knew no better...

I'd never actually seen any Corys in there since it was moved from the house, just other boring fish. I'm kinda bummed about the whole thing, I would've gotten a little tank purely for that hero fish and fed him stuff until he passed on. They were always the fish I liked the most, just happily digging about on the bottom feeding on scraps, swimming about chasing each other. :3:

We had some upside down ones too, those were cool as they spent 99% of their time upside down wedged under leaves and only ever flipped right side up to feed.

That's my story, thanks for listening.

cakesmith handyman posted:

I agree he absolutely is a despicable gimp but I'm not going to buy an inferior product to make a point. I'd much prefer to give my money to someone like Henry Hoovers but they don't make a cordless.

Inferior? You've had to repair a loving Dyson! I've killed 6 over the years, they're the shittiest vacuum cleaners compared to their cost.

Anyway, enough of that, just wanted to let you know your dream has come true and you should throw the Dyson away ASAP because Numatic have you covered now.

https://www.numatic.co.uk/product-view.aspx?id=456&r=4&sr=1

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 19, 2017

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

You guys wanna see something hilarious?

A friend of mine was invited to a Chinese themed birthday party. And someone thought it was a good idea to post these pictures visible to the public.

the horror of it all.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Inferior? You've had to repair a loving Dyson! I've killed 6 over the years, they're the shittiest vacuum cleaners compared to their cost.

Anyway, enough of that, just wanted to let you know your dream has come true and you should throw the Dyson away ASAP because Numatic have you covered now.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That's awesome, but no I've never had to repair the Dyson. First one still going stronk after 10-11 years, relegated to garage duty. Cordless used daily means less pet hair everywhere, family with allergies find it more comfortable to visit.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

This kills me every time.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wrar posted:

This kills me every time.

It's so great.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's so great.

It's the fall at the end that does it for me.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Oh Henry

:kimchi:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I want some really spicy chili for dinner. And it's not even cold here. The low is going to be 65 with a high of 70

Yup, it feels like 6 days before Christmas...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ilkhan posted:

Nope. They gave me a fat severance and a glowing letter of recommendation. No complaints on them.

Oh, yeah, they knew they were being chickenshits firing you, and wanted to make sure you wouldn't complain.
Eh, good enough. Just the client's ficus, then.

Goober Peas posted:

Who assigns projects like that the week before Christmas? Sheesh.

The same fucks who assign reading over holiday breaks, or even summer. Geeze, let the kids be kids. They'll be downtrodden adults soon enough.

MrChips posted:

:siren: Two days left to get your answers in for the Sheep Game! :siren:

We currently sit at 47 players, which is 13 short of my stated goal of 60 players. We can do it, AI!

In!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

And uh, Amazon has a lot more than 2 locations in DFW. If you only count locations that do delivery, there's 4, or 5, depending how you look at it. Two for Prime Now, three for "logistics" (the typical 2 day stuff that winds up getting the last mile via AMZL). The Ft Worth Prime Now warehouse is in the same building as the Ft Worth logistics warehouse, but they're separate operations at opposite ends of the warehouse. Where you're at, you're likely getting deliveries from the Farmers Branch or Ft Worth logistics warehouse, when you get AMZL deliveries.

There's other warehouses that do other stuff; I know of two in Irving that don't do their own delivery (one is dedicated to Amazon Fresh, and ships everything 2 or 3 times a day via 18 wheeler to the two Prime Now warehouses, the other used to handle Dallas Prime Now, but solely works as pick/pack/load into 18 wheelers now), there's another in Haslet, I think yet another in south Dallas County somewhere, and I think another one is about to open in Coppell. If you look on the shipping label on AMZL packages, it'll show DDA1, 2, or 3, which identifies the warehouse that handled the last mile delivery.

Wow. I was thinking the one out on the George Bush, and Fort Worth.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Tide posted:

I want some really spicy chili for dinner. And it's not even cold here. The low is going to be 65 with a high of 70

It was fairly chilly here (39/56 the last couple of days) but now it was 55 this morning and has been raining for hours. After it rained a whole bunch over the weekend. We're starting to float, I think. Bottom of my car got thoroughly washed by all the water in the lanes on the way to work today.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Tide posted:

And it's not even cold here. The low is going to be 65 with a high of 70

Same here, the snow has started to melt and we're not forecast to get any precipitation this whole week. I've been waiting for a proper dusting so myself and DoritoPower can go out and get some shots of our beaters kicking up some rooster tails.

Alas, the pavement is bone dry.

Where's my white Christmas! :arghfist:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Truth. Chick-fil-a hates gays but their hate-chicken is so tasty.

I made chocolate covered pretzels.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tide posted:

hell yeah, i'm gonna make some pork chili soon. been too long.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Heading to Beaver Creek, Colorado with the kid on the 23rd. Santa Claus is bringing him a snow board. The ex and I are on good speaking terms for the sake of the kid so it looks like she's going too.

This will be interesting.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tide posted:

Heading to Beaver Creek, Colorado with the kid on the 23rd. Santa Claus is bringing him a snow board. The ex and I are on good speaking terms for the sake of the kid so it looks like she's going too.

This will be interesting.

I'm dreaming of a hate-gently caress Christmas...

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hah. No.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Weather chat: we're in full northern Ohio winter mode. A week ago it was blizzard conditions, between three Alberta clippers in as many days in a row and heavy lake effect snow right behind them (Lake Erie is still relatively warm, when an intense cold front blows through it causes the warm lake water to evaporate and fall as snow in bands up to 40 miles inland depending on atmospheric conditions.) Today its in the mid-40s and pretty much all of last week's snow has melted.

Doge chat: ending the year on an up note (after losing two of our three dogs to cancer this year), we brought a new puppy home last night:

My wife reached out to her contacts in local animal rescue groups (she used to work at a private no-kill shelter) about two weeks ago and found out about the litter she's from - they were rescued from a meth house that was raided in late November. She's as much for our surviving dog as for us - he's always been with other dogs and has been pretty depressed since we had to put our doberman to sleep a week ago today.

Still waiting for her personality to come out a bit before settling on a name but my wife is leaning towards Hazel.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Truth. Chick-fil-a hates gays but their hate-chicken is so tasty.

I made chocolate covered pretzels.

Imaneeda recipe, stat. :stare:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I was not aware they were doing a Mortal Engines film. Loved those books when I was younger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fupYIggOq38

Pretty AI too

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

I bought a big bag of skinny pretzels, a tray of melting chocolate and melting white chocolate, and a candy cane.

Melt chocolate, dunk pretzel.

I did half at a time, put them on a tray and stuck them in the freezer then dunked the other half. Sprinkle crushed candy cane on there right after you dip the pretzel, if you want.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Really? Buy pretzels and chocolate, melt chocolate, dip pretzels.

e:f,b

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

O. Henry :3:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
"Does this vacuum cleaner come with a blow function?"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
leica still posts in here right? i forgot to go through my phone after tgs, and i remember seeing this ad at one of the train stations

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

You guys wanna see something hilarious?

A friend of mine was invited to a Chinese themed birthday party. And someone thought it was a good idea to post these pictures visible to the public.

Who gives a poo poo? All these SJW type people must have no real loving problems in their life. You have had people close to you die who cares if some white people have a stupid party.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

Who gives a poo poo? All these SJW type people must have no real loving problems in their life. You have had people close to you die who cares if some white people have a stupid party.

I said it was hilarious!

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

everdave posted:

Its pretty lovely to throw an ethnic stereotype party. How is that controversial?

Its hilarious too though, but mostly because of the weird execution including Japanese trappings in a "eh, close enough" sort of way.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Cage posted:

Really? Buy pretzels and chocolate, melt chocolate, dip pretzels.

e:f,b

I thought he'd made pretzels :(

Now I'm going to look up recipes for pretzels.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I've made soft pretzel bites before, they're tasty! Dont know how hard ones work though.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I said it was hilarious!

just feeling salty today man no worries

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

everdave posted:

:argh: ESS JAY DOUBLE YOUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS :argh:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

everdave posted:

This kind of stuff makes me angry because people have done the things in the pictures to my face to mock me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cage posted:

I've made soft pretzel bites before, they're tasty! Dont know how hard ones work though.

yeah its called you buy a bag of em and eat too many in one sitting

i get making soft ones cause they're best when hot and fresh but gently caress making hard ones when they're insanely cheap

• Locked thread