Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

After 6 months together

He always made sure that emotionally, I was good.

How am I supposed to trust anyone ever again?

These just scream "well adjusted" 30yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Getting owned that hard by someone a decade younger than you is a huge lol regardless of the gender configuration

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

A locked door is not much of an obstacle

Yeah but is it still 'breaking in' if the moron left you the key?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Theophany posted:

Everybody knows the correct and mature way to propose to your partner is to make a Powerpoint deck that outlines the numerous tax benefits that come with being a married couple.

e: lol, proposal idiot and this one should probably trade partners.

I'm [30F] tired of waiting for my bf [30M] of 14 yrs to propose.

A family friend took a ridiculously long time to propose to his gf just like this guy. When he finally proposed the bride walked down the aisle and everyone clapped. Then the groom came out and everyone stood up and cheered for him finally tying the knot, which kind of pissed off the bride at the time but now everyone laughs at it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
A girl (19f) that I've known for 1 year or so asked me (20m) out, and I very politely declined her. Now she's spreading rumors around that I'm a fat shamer and a racist. I have one final left and I'm so stressed I don't know if I can take it.

quote:

Background on this, I've known "Amanda" for about a year and half since we live in the same dorm so we would see each other in the TV/gaming lounge and we have mutual friends.

I always thought she was just really obnoxious and tried my best to avoid her but every so often we would end up at a party, share a ride, eat with friends, that sort of thing. My opinion on her never really changed though. Because she's so obnoxious I never once considered her as a potential date.

Well last Thursday, she caught me after a final and basically asked me out. I was really caught off guard so I basically said that I really appreciated the offer but since I was making a special appointment with a professor to take a final this week and then heading out of town right after, it probably wasn't a good time. She then asked if I was attracted to her and I said it really didn't matter either way because I just didn't have the time--which in hindsight I should have been more diplomatic. But anyways she said "is it because I'm fat?" I said I really didn't have time to talk about it anymore and that I needed to focus on this last test. She basically did this like hand to my face thing (not a slap, but still made contact if that makes sense) and pushed me backwards and I actually stumbled and she walked away.

When I got back to my room there were like 7-8 or facebook messages from all of her friends saying things like "bigots get kicked out!" "fat shamer sucks" "wonder what the admin will think of your racism." (for the record we ware both Hispanic, I guess maybe she doesn't know this because I have lighter skin?!?). When I went to dinner that night one of her friends saw me and made like a gun motion with her finger to my back and said "you'll get yours racist." Things sort of calmed down over the weekend but just now I got like 20 texts from all sorts of random numbers saying things like "fat shaming=r@pe" "don't come back next semester if you know whats good for" and "don't bother taking McKenzies final, racists get kicked out."

I just don't want to even approach her but I'm scared to death that the really are going to report me. I'm supposed to take my final tomorrow at 8 AM then drive home right after. I'm thinking I should maybe contact my professor and tell him I'm under extreme stress and can't take it. I just don't know what to do.

Do I contact my professor? What do I do about Amanda?

tl;dr: I'm being accused of being a fat shamer and racist after turning a girl down who asked me out.

Edit this brew up, it got like zero responses in the first hour oe so so I just went back to studying. My professor is very understand and said that if I come in and take the test and even half way know my stuff he'll give me the grade if it's good, otherwise he'll give me the average of all my last exams (which is an A) so that's cool. I have about 10 minutes before I actually start since he's getting coffee. But my car is all packed so this is it. One person who was involved in rhe texting barrage mah habe actually seen this thread because they apologized and begged not to be reported. It's from a random number so I don't actually know who it is. So I,must screen capping everything and sending it to Somone (not sure who yet) as soon as I get settled at home. But the big issue of what to so about my test is cool now, sorry thus was from my phone jn a hurry before I sit down for the exam.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Good to know that having terrible meltdowns over rejection is a cross-gender quality.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, that girl has zero game.

-Hello, do you want to be with me?
-No.
-Really, how can you not like me?
-I don't know.
-You racist, fat-shaming piece of poo poo *turns into a spinning Eggman and starts swinging*

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

A girl (19f) that I've known for 1 year or so asked me (20m) out, and I very politely declined her. Now she's spreading rumors around that I'm a fat shamer and a racist. I have one final left and I'm so stressed I don't know if I can take it.

"Dear Reddit: I was asked out on a date, declined, and was battered. Should I fear expulsion? Sincerely, A Moron"

Chomp8645 posted:

Good to know that having terrible meltdowns over rejection is a cross-gender quality.

She is a NICE GAL

(aside from the creepy disregard for the object of her affection's feelings, her battery, and general demeanor)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

(M/18) How can I reject a girl without hurting her? (24/F)

quote:

I usually don't have many matches on Tinder, so I swipe right almost to everyone (Except bots and ads) to see if I'm lucky. It usually works and yesterday I started talking to a girl. She seems so nice, but the problem is she wants a long an serious relationship...

And I don't like her. She's really fat (And proud of it, she said something like "bones are for dogs") and I don't like fat girls, it's my preference and before you start saying "fat shaming" or that things you should respect me. I'm a tall guy with an average face who works out 3 days a week, why should I be with a girl I personally find ugly? It's nosense.

But I don't want to hurt her. She's madly in love with me (I can tell because of the conversation we had on tinder) and even if I try to be polite I think it will hurt her. Anyway, this may sound bad but I'm not going to be in an unhappy and forced relationship just to boost her ego and make her feel special. I though guys never rejected girls until now, and I don't know how to do it. Hell, she would be a good friend, but it's clear she wants to be more than friends without even knowing me. I feel bad about here. Any advice?

tl;dr: I met a friendly but fat and ugly girl on tinder. She's in love with me and wants to go on a date. I don't want to but also I want to reject her politely. Any advice?
Help, help my phone screen is forcing me into a relationship.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm sure "fat shaming" is a legitimate problem for women that might not be supermodel thin, but if you're morbidly obese how do you expect people to react to you on Tinder?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

If you're fat you should be ashamed of that because it's bad, hope that helps

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Palpek posted:

To be fair, he matched her.

"Why does the uggo fatso want to go on a date with me?"

(Because you were so lazy thinking 2s before swiping was too onerous)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Palpek posted:

"I said I was interested in her, and now she thinks I'm interested in her, wtfffff"

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
loving scrub. You’re supposed to block the people you aren’t actually attracted to after you’ve gotten the endorphin hit of getting the match.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

loving scrub. You’re supposed to block the people you aren’t actually attracted to after you’ve gotten the endorphin hit of getting the match.

Then you post in the gbs thread about how you totally owned a slamwhale and it's the Tinder Trifecta, apparently

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Vargatron posted:

I'm sure "fat shaming" is a legitimate problem for women that might not be supermodel thin, but if you're morbidly obese how do you expect people to react to you on Tinder?

I only use Okcupid because I'm a cool kid who doesn't have a Facebook.

I generally try to screen for attraction online, and meet in person to see if there's a spark. If somebody has bad pictures (not clear if they're fat) I'll usually increase my standards for the rest of the profile. I've met some fat girls who I still enjoyed talking to. I've also met some people who just don't have good pictures and actually were super attractive.

But once I showed up and the person wasn't just like, someone who'd chosen the most flattering angle. I'm convinced the photo was not her, or if it was it was 5+ years and about a hundred pounds ago.

She started getting almost angry when I scanned the bar, yelling that she is ALICE (not her real name) and "Don't you dare walk out pretending you didn't see me"

Now normally I'd have sat, had a beer, and said I had an early class and never talked again, content that at least I tried a new craft beer.

But I was so annoyed I was just like "Sorry, I don't think this is a match, I'm going to leave".

She is like "You HAVE to stay, I bought you a beer".

I look down, and it's something hoppy. I don't even like hoppy beer - I prefer stouts and porters. Plus, I'm pretty sketched about drinking something I didn't see poured.

So I just said that.

"Yeah sorry, again, I don't think it's a match and I don't drink anything I didn't see poured. Here's a 5 for the beer"

She ended up screaming at me I PAID FOR A DRINK YOU AGREED TO A DATE I WANT A DATE REEEEEE.

At that point I just booked it out through the kitchen.

The best part is she figured out what I was doing and CIRCLED around.

As I sprinted away from the bar into the cold December night, I thought

"So this is what it must feel like to be a woman on OkCupid"

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Vargatron posted:

fat shaming isn't a thing anyone who isn't made entirely of ranch dressing and french fries worries about, nor should they.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My Ex-wife keeps tress passing on my property

quote:

I live in Canada, and I am recently divorced.. My ex-wife keeps sneaking on to my property, the back yard, the drive way, the deck and having sex on my property with the man she cheated on me with. Do I need to have photographic evidence or would catching them with a witness or two with me be enough?

Is something like this sufficient enough for me to request a peace bond or restraining order against the both of them?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

maskenfreiheit posted:

I only use Okcupid because I'm a cool kid who doesn't have a Facebook.

I generally try to screen for attraction online, and meet in person to see if there's a spark. If somebody has bad pictures (not clear if they're fat) I'll usually increase my standards for the rest of the profile. I've met some fat girls who I still enjoyed talking to. I've also met some people who just don't have good pictures and actually were super attractive.

But once I showed up and the person wasn't just like, someone who'd chosen the most flattering angle. I'm convinced the photo was not her, or if it was it was 5+ years and about a hundred pounds ago.

She started getting almost angry when I scanned the bar, yelling that she is ALICE (not her real name) and "Don't you dare walk out pretending you didn't see me"

Now normally I'd have sat, had a beer, and said I had an early class and never talked again, content that at least I tried a new craft beer.

But I was so annoyed I was just like "Sorry, I don't think this is a match, I'm going to leave".

She is like "You HAVE to stay, I bought you a beer".

I look down, and it's something hoppy. I don't even like hoppy beer - I prefer stouts and porters. Plus, I'm pretty sketched about drinking something I didn't see poured.

So I just said that.

"Yeah sorry, again, I don't think it's a match and I don't drink anything I didn't see poured. Here's a 5 for the beer"

She ended up screaming at me I PAID FOR A DRINK YOU AGREED TO A DATE I WANT A DATE REEEEEE.

At that point I just booked it out through the kitchen.

The best part is she figured out what I was doing and CIRCLED around.

As I sprinted away from the bar into the cold December night, I thought

"So this is what it must feel like to be a woman on OkCupid"

Create a facebook profile and post this with the hashtag #metoo

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

maskenfreiheit posted:

"Dear Reddit: I was asked out on a date, declined, and was battered. Should I fear expulsion? Sincerely, A Moron"

She is a NICE GAL

(aside from the creepy disregard for the object of her affection's feelings, her battery, and general demeanor)

Is the sane advice at this point to make a formal complaint and accuse her of physical assault, harassment and inciting violence? I mean it's insane but he's getting physical threats, slandered and she's likely insane enough to file a complaint at which point he's hosed.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

https://www.amazon.ca searchterm:'trail cameras' $80

Now you've got trespass proof and a great facebook post

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Outrail posted:

Is the sane advice at this point to make a formal complaint and accuse her of physical assault, harassment and inciting violence? I mean it's insane but he's getting physical threats, slandered and she's likely insane enough to file a complaint at which point he's hosed.

Yeah honestly if he's a dude and there are multiple women raising hell about him being racist and fat shamer it's probably best to be proactive. Doesn't matter how frivolous the accusations, that poo poo can burn you.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
So who wants to be the one who posts that OkCupid story in stdh.txt

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Build a gently caress trap. Get a new, luxurious outdoor chair and place a large cage over it. She and her fuckbuddy won't be able to resist loving on it and will become trapped mid gently caress, just like a couple of raccoons.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Blade Runner posted:

If you're fat you should be ashamed of that because it's bad, hope that helps

Actually fat chicks are hot imo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

feedmegin posted:

Different strokes for different folks.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
A lot of the fat acceptance community is completely nuts insular circle jerk and has been known to harass and try and ruin the life of people that they think have fat shamed a member of their tribe.

It's creepy as hell.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

feedmegin posted:

big ripples, big life

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

feedmegin posted:

:hfive: my man

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Three Olives posted:

A lot of the fat acceptance community is completely nuts insular circle jerk and has been known to harass and try and ruin the life of people that they think have fat shamed a member of their tribe.

It's creepy as hell.
Don't forget the ones that think that getting in shape is also fat shaming, so any time one of their clan gets below 300 lbs they're excommunicated faster than a mormon at starbucks.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yawgmoth posted:

Don't forget the ones that think that getting in shape is also fat shaming, so any time one of their clan gets below 300 lbs they're excommunicated faster than a mormon at starbucks.

Yeah the extreme end of the HAES community ends up sounding like the incel community.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah the extreme end of the HAES community ends up sounding like the incel community.

Wait, there's a 'moderate' end of the people who think being 400lbs is just as healthy as being 175, and that doctors and medical professionals are conspiring amongst themselves to cause emotional harm to all fats for [reasons]?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

"Healthism"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Yawgmoth posted:

Also not just getting in shape, "My doctor said that my blood is now 40% frosting and butter and if I don't lose 400 pounds I'm literally going to die. Also I have bed sores because I'm too fat to get out of bed and I am in constant physical pain"

"FAT SHAMING! TRAITER! WHY DON'T YOU LOVE YOUR BODY!?"

The_end
May 17, 2014

feedmegin posted:

It is all the insulation.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Palpek posted:

"Healthism"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Health is a cope.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm not a doctor but I can tell Jenny needs to lay off the fuckin' Lays.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Well gently caress I smoke 40 a day and my Doctor just unfairly asks me how much I smoke because I come into his office reeking of an ashtray, I mean gently caress, I don't have cancer or poo poo right now so yeah, I'm healthy which means there's nothing wrong with the fact I hack up a quart of phlegm going up a single flight of stairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The look in that man's eyes is me any time this comes up