Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takuan
May 6, 2007

coconono posted:

NJPW Office likes Elgin still because he’s a huge idiot and they talked him into putting hand sanitizer on crackers.

Like, as a dare? Or did they convince him that that was somehow a good and beneficial idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

So I assume the card is then set?

I was thinking we might get a three way Kitamura/Kawato/Oka YLC final added after thursday, but there's an article on the Japanese site that states "all cards decided"

Was on there to attempt to figure out who the show's sponsor is, and while I was unsucessful I did notice that Jericho now has a profile on the Japanese site.
http://www.njpw.co.jp/profile/62240

Thauros fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 19, 2017

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Thauros posted:

I was thinking we might get a three way Kitamura/Kawato/Oka YLC final added after thursday, but there's an article on the Japanese site that states "all cards decided"

I could see this happening on New Year's Dash. Better to put the Young Lions in front of the most hardcore fans instead of wrestling to silence in front of a cavernous Tokyo Dome filled with casuals.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fan voted MVP and MOTYC -
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/943096196519751681

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/943094259879616512

Since this is a Japan poll super shocked Kenny won, but Hiromu beating out Tana is great

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Since this is a Japan poll super shocked Kenny won, but Hiromu beating out Tana is great

It's never great when the better man loses.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
if tanahashi hadn't showed up with that haircut the fans would have voted him #1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Glad they correctly chose the Dominion match as the best one.

God that match was amazing.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm currently unsubscribed and I can't remember - Can you rewind live streams on NJPW World ?

I've convinced a few friends of mine to watch WK12 but it's an 8am start and my friends want to meet at 10am so it'd be perfect if we just rewind the stream a couple hours back to the start when we do meet up.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think you can open a stream and then pause it and then it will resume from wherever you paused. not sure how practical that is on chromecast or anything like that

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Frankston posted:

I'm currently unsubscribed and I can't remember - Can you rewind live streams on NJPW World ?

I've convinced a few friends of mine to watch WK12 but it's an 8am start and my friends want to meet at 10am so it'd be perfect if we just rewind the stream a couple hours back to the start when we do meet up.

I've done it before and it worked fine. Not recently though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Glad they correctly chose the Dominion match as the best one.

God that match was amazing.
I was on vacation when it happened so I watched it a few days later knowing the finish, and it was still tense as gently caress for the last 20 minutes. Just insanely good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I watched Dominion later that day under the assumption it went to a draw and they almost swayed me that Omega would win. It was really something else.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I remember watching it live and 10 minutes into the match I realized the match had been going for over 50 minutes at that point :stare:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

anyone with a Twitter account could vote on that poll.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Current roster members who have not succeeded in their IWPG Heavyweight title challenges:

8x- Hirooki Goto
6x- Minoru Suzuki
2x- Kenny Omega
1x- Bad Luck Fale, Cody, EVIL, Kota Ibushi, Michael Elgin, Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, Yujiro Takahashi

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tonfa posted:

Current roster members who have not succeeded in their IWPG Heavyweight title challenges:

8x- Hirooki Goto
6x- Minoru Suzuki
2x- Kenny Omega
1x- Bad Luck Fale, Cody, EVIL, Kota Ibushi, Michael Elgin, Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, Yujiro Takahashi

Jeez Hirooki, get it together

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tonfa posted:

8x- Hirooki Goto
6x- Minoru Suzuki
2x- Kenny Omega

how many failed title shots does Makabe have

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Takuan posted:

Like, as a dare? Or did they convince him that that was somehow a good and beneficial idea?

I'm honestly not sure, it was a story that made its way to my ears. Elgin refuses to answer my requests for corroboration.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

according to Cagematch, he is 3/10 in IWGP Heavyweight Championship matches.

So if you take away the match he lost the title in, he's had 6 failed challenges.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

He actually won the belt, in 2010. Held it for a solid five months too.

Also ^ 5 to be exact. Failed three challenges, won, defended three times, lost, tried twice more

Even the NJPW Dads have only 6-7 failed title shots each over their 20+ year careers.

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 20, 2017

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Tonfa posted:

8x- Hirooki Goto
6x- Minoru Suzuki
2x- Kenny Omega

hopefully goto loses his hair and gets a new gimmick. because he is treading water. not even ripping off shibata's finisher was enough to make him cool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Foul Fowl posted:

hopefully goto loses his hair and gets a new gimmick. because he is treading water. not even ripping off shibata's finisher was enough to make him cool.

Hopefully Goto wins because Suzuki's reign has been horrible.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Hopefully Goto wins because Suzuki's reign has been horrible.

The NEVER belt seems perfect for Goto as a way to get some credibility back. I wouldn't mind if Goto was the one to beat Omega once Kenny wins the belt. He's too good to keep booking like he simply cannot get the job done under any circumstances.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The NEVER belt seems perfect for Goto as a way to get some credibility back. I wouldn't mind if Goto was the one to beat Omega once Kenny wins the belt. He's too good to keep booking like he simply cannot get the job done under any circumstances.

There's no reason for Goto to ever win the big one unless he unexpectedly catches fire as a noble failure.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Goto to me is just a slightly less good Ishii

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Goto is a good boy that tries hard.

Problem is he's almost 40.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like Goto's music. That's the extent of my opinion on Goto.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

I like Goto's music. That's the extent of my opinion on Goto.
Same. I always hum it when I'm walking in the rain and have to hold up the hood of my rainccoat to see like I'm Goto during his entrance. :v:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Goto has awesome music and he looks exactly how I'd expect a Japanese wrestler in a videogame to look.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Goto has great music and I always thought he should have been a bigger star than he is until I saw him in ROH a few years ago. He felt like just a guy then.

Then I saw him in ROH this year and he tried as hard as he could to take no bumps in a match with the Briscoes and I fell in love again. (He ended up taking 1)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

His finisher is also extremely good to the point I’m amazed it hasn’t been stolen by a million different WWE guys

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The GTR is cool but the reverse GTR into the GTR is one of the deadliest looking finishers this side of a Steiner Screwdriver. When he hit it for the first time on Shibata at the dome, I became :stonk: in real life.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
People who don't like Goto: are you basing this on just this past year? Because I was utterly flat on him until I saw him vs Nakamura at Dominion 2015. The man just needs a reason to exist besides being like sixth on the totem pole of a fifty-man stable.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Your Boy Fancy posted:

The man just needs a reason to exist besides being like sixth on the totem pole of a fifty-man stable.
That's definitely a contributing factor to the indifference.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Reminder that this is tomorrow morning and will be the end of the YLC unless there's a three way tie

LION'S GATE PROJECT 10
December 21st at 5:00 EDT/10:00 GMT
Shinjuku FACE

YLC Match:Tetsuhiro Yagi [0] vs. Ren Narita [0]
YLC Match:Hirai Kawato [6] vs. Shota Umino [4]
YLC Match:Tomuyuki Oka [6] vs. Katsuya Kitamura [8]
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Dinosaur Takuma [K-Dojo] vs. Manabu Nakanishi and Kotaro Yoshino [K-Dojo]
Satoshi Kojima vs. Daisuke Kanehira [HEAT UP]
Yuji Nagata vs. Yuma Aoyagi [AJPW]

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I’d say that, except that Goto won the NEVER belt at WK11 and that did nothing for him.

At this point, I think he’d be better off losing, getting his hair shaved off, and trying to reinvent himself sans hair.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

goto won my love when he fluked his way into a g1 final and that match was great.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
He needs a drat bowl cut rat tail combo.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Goto needs to get another heavyweight title shot and becomes so desperate he turns heel and cheats like crazy

he still loses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Chokey Hirooki is the best gimmick and I hope he never wins the big one

• Locked thread