Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I could really go for another big-bodied Sidney Rice type at WR, we have too many 5'10 180-pound speedsters who can't win contested catches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
https://twitter.com/hwkbgr/status/942785920536842245

Seahawks twitter is good.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That list of defensive seahawk stars that is leaving after the 2017 is complete horseshit. Literally none of them have their contract up (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/seattle-seahawks/defense/). Also, the seahawk fan saying its okay to let them is go is also dumb. They are all-star players. Sometimes teams get injured, it happens. Seattle has been relatively healthy over the last half decade or so.

The rams are one of the best teams in the NFL and they beat us because our OL sucks and our defense is missing numerous pro-bowl starters.

We're fine for 2018. Obviously not super bowl favorites, but playoff bound is well within the realm of possibility.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imagine saying "let's replace Russell Wilson with Alex Smith" while keeping a straight face

Also Davis Hsu has always been full of poo poo, I'm pretty sure he likes jerking off to cap numbers more than he likes watching football games.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Benne posted:

Imagine saying "let's replace Russell Wilson with Alex Smith" while keeping a straight face

Also super dumb. The hardest part of building a contender is getting a franchise QB. Keep Wilson.

The dumb takes are coming in too fast and too hot!!!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

San Francisco 49ers will be the NFC West Champs in 2018

This is a legit concern of mine.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

This is a legit concern of mine.

No way jose, Rams have way more talent than the niners.

And hell, Cards and Seahawks are one decent draft + good health from being clearly ahead of them as well.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Seriously. Niners would need a hell of an offseason to get enough talent to be serious contenders next year, and would still probably need a year of playing together to really be dangerous.

If they can keep the current rate of progress going, though? Maaaaybe start worrying in 2019.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

No way jose, Rams have way more talent than the niners.

And hell, Cards and Seahawks are one decent draft + good health from being clearly ahead of them as well.

When your team is a loser for 14 years you have a lot of concerns. The Rams need to continue to build (which I think they will). We'll see.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Niners have more cap space than every other team in the division combined and a full draft stock, they could conceivably turn it around in a year

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

When your team is a loser for 14 years you have a lot of concerns. The Rams need to continue to build (which I think they will). We'll see.

I would be okay if the Rams spent the offseason getting Aaron Donald, LaMarcus Joyner and Trumaine Johnson under long-term contracts and got Watkins to take a team-friendly 2-3 year deal. They just really need to improve their backups right now, their depth is absolute poo poo.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I don't think the 49ers will win the division next year but competing for a wildcard spot is not out of the question.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
So if we're gonna open the door on regime change, who'd be an ideal replacement for Carroll? I'm thinking someone enthusiastic and successful coaching college ball like he was at USC.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Benny the Snake posted:

So if we're gonna open the door on regime change, who'd be an ideal replacement for Carroll? I'm thinking someone enthusiastic and successful coaching college ball like he was at USC.

Jeff Fisher

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

We'd end up loving up at the last minute in the redzone with him, too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I don't think the 49ers will win the division next year but competing for a wildcard spot is not out of the question.

Extrapolating Jimmy G's 5 starts so far, they will go 16-0

they're losing the next 2 unless the rams are resting week 17

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Spoeank posted:

As long as the Jaguars and Rams defenses don’t kill Jimmy, Carlos or Marquise, I don’t care how many points they put up against the 49ers. I just want the players to survive till next year :ohdear:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Extremely same.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Spoeank posted:

Considering the Rams need to win the next game to secure NFCW and they're playing the Titans I think you can very reasonably expect to be playing backups week 17.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah, their only shot at a bye is the Vikings losing out against the Packers and the Bears, so the Rams will probably rest Week 17 unless they lose to the Titans or the Vikings lose to the Packers. If the Vikings do lose, I think the Rams play to win.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

It depends as well on the Saints, the Rams could be playing for the 3rd seed if the Saints win out.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

No,

Steve Sarkisian.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Let Russell Wilson coach and also play all positions.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

DariusLikewise posted:

It depends as well on the Saints, the Rams could be playing for the 3rd seed if the Saints win out.

Would you really care enough about whether you’d face the Panthers or Falcons (or anybody else with a credible shot) to actually play the game?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

rjmccall posted:

Would you really care enough about whether you’d face the Panthers or Falcons (or anybody else with a credible shot) to actually play the game?

If the Saints beat the Falcons this week and the Falcons then lose to the Panthers, it's a good chance Detroit gets the 6th seed. Who would you rather play right now Detroit or Carolina?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
If I’m the LA Rams? Carolina, probably, on the assumption that my line will eat Cam alive.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Spoeank posted:

Yeah. I'm just hoping to make the Jags work for it.

Give us those 5 really close games and the Niners are 9-5 right now. Next year is gonna be sweet.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

rjmccall posted:

If I’m the LA Rams? Carolina, probably, on the assumption that my line will eat Cam alive.

I'd rather take on the Lions O-line in that scenario and hope that the Winner of New Orleans/Carolina barely comes out alive.

All of that is moot if the Rams/Saints lose this week.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Imagine the rams beating the patriots in the SB. I'd clap.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'd clap for literally anyone beating the Pats in the superbowl. I'd clap even harder at literally anyone beating them in the AFC championships. gently caress the Patriots.

e. they lost to Miami last week, they could fail to make the AFC championships and that'd be the best possibility of those remaining.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I would be perfectly okay with Aaron Donald devouring the remnants of the wretch Tom Brady in the Super Bowl

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Manoueverable posted:

I would be perfectly okay with Aaron Donald devouring the remnants of the wretch Tom Brady in the Super Bowl

:same:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Manoueverable posted:

I can't disagree with this statement.

As much as I want the Seahawks to disappear into the void forever I'd thank them eternally if they dragged the Pats down with them like Samson at the House of Dagon.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I think as divisional rivals we can all agree: gently caress the Patriots.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shindragon posted:

I think as divisional rivals we can all agree: gently caress the Patriots.

Uhm did you forget who brought us this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSEcGgqdgM

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

Uhm did you forget who brought us this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSEcGgqdgM

If the Seahawks collapse into a black hole of bad football after killing off Tom Brady that's two birds with one stone IMO.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't want Tom Brady's career to end in a sudden, martyring injury. I want him to decline into mediocrity, dragging his team down by insisting on playing while too old.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cardinals pats in 2012 owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If the Seahawks collapse into a black hole of bad football after killing off Tom Brady that's one bird and one patriot with one stone IMO.

Ftfy

• Locked thread