Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

maskenfreiheit posted:

through the power of duckduckgo i was able to obtain this dank leak, free from the prying eyes of the nsa

https://thewaterpipe.wordpress.com/2013/12/22/can-a-fart-be-misogynist/

What the hell did I just read. I'm dying over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

maskenfreiheit posted:

Me [32F] with my co-worker[late 50'sM] of 1.5 years, farts audibly and deliberately in my office and others' space

His SA username is either Ham Sandwiches or Chuck Berry

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pick posted:

I am sure a little gas probably exits when you poo, but other than that there’s no reason to be farting unless you’re sick. Like daily farting means you’ve got a really worrisome diet and might need to lose some weight.

Are you a robot

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

I think it's a safe bet that this dude who gets off on farting loudly in front of people probably tries to eat a diet that will gas him up really good before work.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Pick posted:

I am sure a little gas probably exits when you poo, but other than that there’s no reason to be farting unless you’re sick. Like daily farting means you’ve got a really worrisome diet and might need to lose some weight.

If i eat rice it is like my rear end in a top hat is breathing .

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Yeah I tend to assume that it's just a really gassy dude that likes burritos or cheese or something, and doesn't have a designated fart room to air them out, rather than it being an indication of men using farts as weapons to get their way, that's all. Though I agree that the story doesn't provide enough details to call it either way.

I mean it sounds like by the OP's description this dude literally goes into people's offices to fart and pauses by people talking in the hallway to do it. She's not the only one who's noticed it either.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

What is a normal frequency of flatulence, in your medical opinion?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Holy loving poo poo, this is the best pic

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Admiral Ray posted:

Are you a robot

Well I’m not fat, if that’s what you mean.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
found pick's reddit account:

My [25 M] wife [25 F] of 4 years gets angry whenever I fart. (This is a relatively light post.)Relationships

quote:

I don't think there's anything medically wrong with me, I just fart sometimes, usually when I'm not paying attention. My wife - who has yet to fart in front of me - gets upset whenever this happens. Today she asked me to leave the room when I have to fart because she thinks it's repulsive and doesn't want to hear it. She accused me of doing it on purpose. Sometimes I fart in my sleep and she wakes me up to scold me for it. She wants me to get out of bed and go to the bathroom to fart. How am I supposed to even know that's about to happen?? I'm sleeping!

I realize this sounds like I made it up, but I didn't. She's a southern girl, raised to be proper and polite and I'm a northeastern "redneck." I have a very gross family that jokes about farting, boogers, sex and all kinds of things that make her very uncomfortable. I don't want her to lighten up, I just want her to be less angry with me when I have a normal bodily function.

Is this normal? Am I overreacting? I just don't like when she's upset with me. I admittedly laugh when she freaks out about this and that makes it worse.

tl;dr: Wife is proper, I'm disgusting and "troll-like" according to her, she gets angry when I fart.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

found pick's reddit account:

My [25 M] wife [25 F] of 4 years gets angry whenever I fart. (This is a relatively light post.)Relationships

That wife farts like a Clydesdale in her sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMJsqXzz5zs

La Brea Carpet fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 19, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

La Brea Carpet posted:

That wife farts like a Clydesdale in her sleep.

op is probably not getting blown. what a terrible marriage.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Geez, it is no different than people who claim that their diabetes is totally normal

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I'm filing this under "Why did you need to ask this, whyyyy"

Would it be weird for I (24M) to give undies to my wife (24F) for Christmas with her family?

quote:

They're not lingerie or anything even close to it. They're just normal, modest undies that have symbols on them from her favorite show.

They're intended to be part of a themed gift basket including, among other things, these undies, a shirt, some funko pops, candy, etc. all themed around this show. Normally, I would just err on the side of caution and give them to her in private, but because they go with the set, I'd like to keep it all together.

Her family (sisters, mom, aunts) have given her/each other gifts like this in the past, and it's never been awkward for anyone. Even my BIL (wife's sister's husband) has received underwear from various family members in the past. I'm just wondering if the fact that it's now coming from her husband will all of the sudden make it sexual or uncomfortable to everyone else.

Her family is only somewhat conservative, to the point where this likely would have been an issue before we were married, but again there is no way these particular underwear could be seen as lingerie/overtly sexy. They're a borderline gag gift (although I know my wife loves stuff like this).

Does this seem like an awkward senario, or am I overthinking it?

TLDR: want to buy non sexy underwear for wife. Is it weird to open in front of family?

Edit: I just noticed that grammatical mistake in the title and now it's driving me nuts.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Pick posted:

One of my coworkers is a vegan, certified personal trainer and he farts like a mad man?

I don’t think farting means you’re sick like what in the honest gently caress?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Geez, it is no different than people who claim that their diabetes is totally normal

MayoClinic suggests that up to 18 farts a day is within normal variance, so maybe you don’t know what you’re talking about?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

MayoClinic suggests that up to 18 farts a day is within normal variance, so maybe you don’t know what you’re talking about?

And you think the average American has a good diet?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
I can never quite decide if pick just has some really bad opinions or if she's trolling.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Nah I’m just being disingenuous about farts because y’all were being dicks about fat people and I bet myself I could make one or two of you fret that no John you are the tubby

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Would it be weird for I (24M) to give undies to my wife (24F) for Christmas with her family?

It's supernatural isn't it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

And you think the average American has a good diet?

Purna Kashyap, a gastroenterologist at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota when asked if passing gas’s was a sign of our microbes keeping us healthy:

quote:

“Absolutely. Eating foods that cause gas is the only way for the microbes in the gut to get nutrients. If we didn’t feed them carbohydrates, it would be harder for them to live in our gut.”

Kashyap continued, adding that when gut microbes “gobble up food” and create gas, “they also make molecules that boost the immune system, protect the lining of the intestine and prevent infections.”

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Nah I’m just being disingenuous about farts because y’all were being dicks about fat people and I bet myself I could make one or two of you fret that no John you are the tubby

Well, there’s five minutes of google gone.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That said, pretty much all published medical research is complete garbage.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Eezee posted:

I can never quite decide if pick just has some really bad opinions or if she's trolling.

look into your heart

*farrrrrt*

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Her family already thinks you're stupid for buying funko pops and basing your entire "present set" around a tv show

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Pick posted:

That said, pretty much all published medical research is complete garbage.

This is why I rely on my magnetic water and cleansing crystals to provide me with good gastrointestinal health. My farts are my body's way to telling me I'm being enlightened.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I hate that I even know what funko pops are

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Admiral Ray posted:

This is why I rely on my magnetic water and cleansing crystals to provide me with good gastrointestinal health. My farts are my body's way to telling me I'm being enlightened.

I just eat like a modest bear and swim like aquatic ape theory is real

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I fart a lot

Sometimes, if it's really loud, we'll laugh about it together like we're 12 years old

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

I [22F] I betrayed my friend [23M] by sleeping with someone else...

quote:

So last night my friend and I were at a party. He has admitted to me that he is in love with me but I just don't see him in that way. We share loads of interests though.

Anyway while at the party I started to get friendly with a really hot guy. He's only 19 but because of his height and muscular body he looked older. When the party was finished I asked my friend if he could stay the night with us. He accepted because he had a long way back to his home, but was still unsure because we didn't really know him. Plus he did seem a bit 'assertive' towards my friend.

While back at my friend's apartment I couldn't keep my hands off the hot guy we were making out and everything. He led me to the main bedroom and we had sex... The following morning I started to realize that I must have made my friend upset so I went to him and he was on the couch and he looked like he was crying... Apparently he stayed awake all night and heard everything. He just asked me and the guy to leave in a really bland voice. What annoyed me most was the way the guy I slept with acted. He found it funny and called him names.

I've tried to call my friend loads of times but he won't answer and I worry that I've ruined my friendship with him. I just want to know what I can do (if anything) to make things better?

tl;dr: Slept with another guy in my friend's apartment with him in the other room, want to make things right

Bolded because they hosed on the guy's bed, in case that wasn't obvious

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Andy Dufresne posted:

quote:

What annoyed me most was the way the guy I slept with acted. He found it funny and called him names.

loving lmao.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I always wonder with those posts, what kind of response is that person looking for?

"oh yeah you made that person feel like poo poo by rejecting them and then compounded it a few times, but here's 1 weird tip to get everything back to where it was"

There's got to be someone on Reddit that knows the quick fix for this predicament ;)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Andy Dufresne posted:

wow that's some impressive levels of getting dunked on.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

fruit on the bottom posted:

Yeah well how much can they know about health when they got Mayo right in the name? Mayo isn't healthy!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
My [27 F] boyfriend's [30 M] brothers [35/42 M] are excluding me from a family trip and now there's a family feud

quote:

Every January my boyfriend, Tom [30 M], and his brothers Nate [42 M] and Matthew [35 M], go for a week to a cabin in the mountains to snowboard. Matthew is always alone but Nate has been in a relationship for about ten years and his girlfriend Hannah [40 F] usually goes with them.

Tom and I got together a little under a year ago and it has been by far the best relationship that either of us has had. I have so far only met his mother and his sister, both of whom are lovely and have welcomed me into their family with open arms. His brothers live overseas and only come back once a year for Christmas/New Year/Snowboarding. They arrive this weekend and Tom would like to take the opportunity in the next few weeks to introduce us and for me to get to know them. The week in the mountains seems like a great chance and there will be an extra bed anyway so Tom asked if everyone would be ok with me coming along. I can also drive so that would make travelling easier and now the cabin rent would be split in 5 instead of 4. It should be a win-win situation. Here is the start of the problem.

Hannah, the girlfriend of Tom's older brother, said yes immediately (I think she might feel a bit "spare" sometimes with the three brothers, but also I've been told she's super nice in general). Nate and Matthew, on the other hand, were dead against it. They said they want the trip to be exactly the same as the previous years and they don't want a new person there to "change the group dynamic". I have to admit I was a little upset but I have tried not to take it personally (after all, how can it be personal since they don't know me, more on this in the last paragraph). After this, I didn't want to push the subject and told Tom that I may have to work that week anyway so it's no big deal. I don't really understand his brothers' points of view (any help to see things from their perspective would be welcome) but I will respect it since they're family and I want them to like me.

Tom, though, is quite upset. He told them that they were being very unwelcoming and disrespectful of our relationship. Then he told them that if I am now allowed to go then he won't go either (despite the fact that it was Tom that organised the trip, paid for the cabin etc...)

This started a poo poo storm. They accused him of setting an ultimatum and attempting to emotionally blackmail them. This was five days ago and he's still really upset by all of the things they said. Matthew even told him "you're letting down your whole family". That pissed me off because the two of them left to go to the other side of the world leaving only Tom in the same city as his parents and he's carried almost all the emotional labour in the family because of that. He's really a wonderful person and his family always comes first for him.

Anyway, there is now a lot of tension between Tom and his brothers.

Tom's mother knows a bit of what's going on and is really upset with Matthew and Nate (she jokingly told us that she would make them take a hotel when they arrive this weekend, rather than stay with her as planned). She wants to get involved to smooth things out this weekend but I really think that's a bad idea. Thoughts?

I feel in an uncomfortable position because I'm sure this will set my relationship with my boyfriend's brothers off on a bad foot. Then it's going to make Christmas awkward as well if they aren't talking to each other. I can already foresee a Christmas argument and it's making me really anxious (not a good way to feel when meeting new in-laws for the first time). My current feeling is that I will try to be as friendly and as charming as possible. I think this may be the best strategy to avoid confrontation but I'm not sure.

Finally, when this week comes in January, what should we do? It would be a shame if Tom missed out this opportunity to spend time with his brothers, both of whom live quite far away, but they've been so difficult to deal with I'm not sure he really wants to spend much time with them anyway.

For what it's worth, I do think they're being unreasonable and petty but these are not people that I can just say "screw you" to and avoid. I know this is a problem between Tom and his brothers but he has no idea what to do either I can't help but feel guilty because I am somehow representative of the problem. Help me figure out what to do!

Possible reasons I am not welcome, insight appreciated:

Hannah is pregnant so this may be the last year she and Nate can take a week away to go snowboarding. Nate was kind of "childfree" for a long time and may now be freaking out about future changes and me being on their traditional trip may be one of those things.

Tom, his brothers, and Hannah, all speak English natively but they were born in a non-English speaking country and together speak a language that is not English. My proficiency in this language is at supermarket/asking for directions level. Tom assures me this is not the cause of the problem but I can't help but wonder.

Tom's ex girlfriend was a pretty awful person. She emotionally and physically abused him and would threaten to kill herself whenever he tried to leave her. She used to go on family trips with them but nobody in Tom's family really liked her. She was difficult and sullen and refused to partake in basically any activity. Tom has assured his brothers that I'm different (Tom's mother and sister can attest to that as well) but they say it's got nothing to do with their decision to ban me from the cabin.

Some snow sport based prejudice - I'm a skier while they're all boarders. This is only a semi-serious reason :)

tl;dr: I've been banned from my boyfriend's family trip because his brothers believe my presence will "change the group dynamics". Is that even a valid reason? What other reason could there be (see list above)? Then, what do we do when I meet his brothers this weekend after they've been horrible to him? How do I support my boyfriend while also trying to make them like me?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Andy Dufresne posted:

Coincidentally /r/incels gained a new poster!

Like jesus that's terrible. Couldn't even fault the guy if he went full incel or red pill after that.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Andy Dufresne posted:

Nothing pepper spray and a hand ax will not fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

God drat, Chad strikes again with the insane power of his dick