Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Chomp8645 posted:

Coincidentally /r/incels gained a new poster!

Like jesus that's terrible. Couldn't even fault the guy if he went full incel or red pill after that.

I mean dude could have just told them to get their own place or at bare minimum slept in his own room. He owned himself for the most part here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I actually sincerely can't think of anything more epitomizing Chad than that guy who straight out hosed the girl on her friend's bed in front of him after she turned him down

Like god drat, that is a powerful loving own

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Blade Runner posted:

I actually sincerely can't think of anything more epitomizing Chad than that guy who straight out hosed the girl on her friend's bed in front of him after she turned him down

Given these two posts back to back I would bet dollars to bitcoins that you are smugly picturing yourself as the Chad in this story

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Blade Runner posted:

And the Chad in this case is younger than the friend, so I'm sure that adds an additional layer of sting to the whole thing.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I'm trying to work out how that warehouse living space works. Like, is that a common thing? I can imagine a former warehouse being remade into an apartment space, but the way he's describing it makes it sound like they're living in a few crudely divided up spaces as rooms and it sounds freezing.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Batterypowered7 posted:

And the Chad in this case is younger than the friend, so I'm sure that adds an additional layer of sting to the whole thing.

Don't forget taller!

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Given these two posts back to back I would bet dollars to bitcoins that you are smugly picturing yourself as the Chad in this story

I picture myself as the Chad in all stories, yes

Though to be serious, I like to think I'm not actually enough of a scumfuck douchebag to have sex with a girl a guy clearly likes on his God drat bed.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Blade Runner posted:

I picture myself as the Chad in all stories, yes

Though to be serious, I like to think I'm not actually enough of a scumfuck douchebag to have sex with a girl a guy clearly likes on his God drat bed.

Yeah that part just seemed to cross over from Chad into "Piece of poo poo" to me, as well as making fun of the guy the next day

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
When you think about it, it is an expression of freedom to have sex with whoever you want on any bed in the world

It is extremely prudish to think otherwise.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Good for him he didn't end up in a relationship with her

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Blade Runner posted:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
She comments that she stays over at his place a lot so it sorta sounds like she enjoyed their dynamic as an egobooster and only regrets that she went too far this time.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What a lovely person they both were. That is seriously heart breaking :/ She is a really bad person.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

maskenfreiheit posted:

found pick's reddit account:

My [25 M] wife [25 F] of 4 years gets angry whenever I fart. (This is a relatively light post.)Relationships

My ex constantly farted. He had a stomach problem. He also was incapable of gaining weight. I usually thought it was funny, but his sleep farts reaked enough to wake me up. It is an awful way to wake up.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Andy Dufresne posted:

I [22F] I betrayed my friend [23M] by sleeping with someone else...

"I just want to know what I can do (if anything) to make things better?"

drat, that hurts. I remember being that age and having completely stupid feelings.

I think she's lookin' at a six hundo.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Me [35 M], how do I tell future partners that I didn't love my dead wife?

quote:

Sorry if the title sounds bizarre. I couldn't think of how else to put this in one sentence. I'll try and be brief:

I am a widower. My wife died during childbirth 4 years ago. We had been married 2 years. I've been a single father to a wonderful 4 year old girl since then. I didn't date for the first couple years for obvious reasons but have been trying to get back out there now that my daughter is a little older.

I'd been seeing a woman for a couple months (not really serious - she hadn't met my daughter - but there was potential) when she got a job offer across the country and we ended things amicably. While having the break up talk, she mentioned that she always had a bit of uncertainty about me because of my dead wife. She felt that in my perfect world, I would have my wife back and she felt a little insecure trying to compete with that.

As you can probably tell from the title, this isn't the case. My wife and I did not have a good marriage. We had been on the verge of divorce pretty much from the honeymoon. We actually decided to go through with it and had spoken to lawyers and everything when she unexpectedly got pregnant. We agreed to keep the baby, to put divorce off for a year and get through the pregnancy and first few months, and then reevaluate our relationship. We obviously never made it that far, but things did not get better. I'm sure a lot of it was hormones, but the last few months were the worst part of our marriage. We fought constantly. Did not get along at all. Basically hated each other. We fully intended to get divorced as soon as it was practicable with an infant. Then she died.

It was sad and tragic, but I'd mourned the loss of my marriage long before. My daughter lost her mom, but I lost effectively an ex-wife whom I basically hated at the time (and hated me). Any grief I felt was for the loss of a friend and mother of my child - not grief for a woman I loved romantically. Truth be told, if it weren't for my daughter, I would never even think about my late wife. Any love was long gone and I was fully over it.

Given what my recent girlfriend said to me, this information seems relevant to any future partners. I don't want them thinking I lost the love of my life and would have my wife back in my fantasy world. I'm still looking for the love of my life. On the other hand, I don't want my daughter knowing this info either. My wife had no family left, and I've been able to preserve a rosy picture of my wife for our daughter and keep her unaware of our toxic marriage.

So my question is: how and when should I communicate to future partners that my marriage died long before my wife did? And how can I shield my daughter from negative information about her mom?

tl;dr: Wife died in childbirth but marriage was very bad and headed for divorce. How can I communicate to future partners that I cannot possibly be hung up on my dead wife because all love was long gone, while also keeping negative info from my daughter?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Is not like men love women anyway

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Haifisch posted:

Ah as second entry in the why the gently caress do you want to do this, whyyy file, a most productive day

"My wife died in childbirth"
"Oh I'm so sorry"
"no it's cool I hated her long before that"
:stare:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Is not like men love women anyway

Women are sociopaths who can emulate compassion just long enough to get what they want from a man.

My artisanal hot pockets.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

Haifisch posted:

This one is easy enough that I can answer it. You don't. I'll take my next appointment now

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Haifisch posted:

Yeahhh probably don't tell them that, or do and watch this unfold repeatedly:

Ham Sandwiches posted:

"My wife died in childbirth"
"Oh I'm so sorry"
"no it's cool I hated her long before that"
:stare:

Also, they will likely ask if you killed her/are some sort of sociopath.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Haifisch posted:

Don't tell her you didn't, just tell them about her over time. Slowly they will despise her as well, and you don't have to reveal you have the warmth and depth of an ice cube tray.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Andy Dufresne posted:

Bolded because they hosed on the guy's bed, in case that wasn't obvious

Best replies from the reddit thread:

quote:

Holy poo poo, can you imagine that dude sittin there sobbing quietly all while the "Girl of His Dreams"(tm) is just getting railed by some smug rando in the room next to him.

Lmao drat, OP, I've heard of some ice cold, straight riverside gangsta poo poo in my time, but that is some serious shanked in the shower and left to bleed out real slow stuff you pulled on your buddy.

The fact that you had so much dick on the brain that you were completely oblivious and literally gave not even a second thought as to how this might affect your friend makes it so much worse.

Wow, just, wow. You definitely win some kind of award, OP. Not exactly sure what it is, but you definitely won it.

quote:

To add insult to injury it was the main bedroom. She kicked her friend out of HIS OWN BEDROOM to gently caress another guy leaving him on the couch and then in the morning left him to wash his sheets!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
You can maybe say that the relationship was on the rocks for a while and that while you do think of her you remember her more as a dear friend and the mother of your child than a lost love.

If indeed you must say anything.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

fruit on the bottom posted:

You can maybe say that the relationship was on the rocks for a while and that while you do think of her you remember her more as a dear friend and the mother of your child than a lost love.

I remember her as the vessel for my unborn child

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

It's super super hard to present "I'm glad my wife, mother of my children, died while literally trying to deliver the child we conceived together, but get this M Night Shamalan Twist: I was sick of her rear end, so it all worked out ok" without it being ice cold on an epic scale

It's just the whole not having empathy for a human being dying because you didn't like them part that probably doesn't come off too well, and it seems like such a weird candid admission to make, like the guy wants to unburden himself or wants a partner that will agree with his perspective and poo poo talk his dead ex wife with him

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Andy Dufresne posted:

I remember her as the vessel for my unborn child

There are ways to express the sentiment that you have a connection to someone else as a result of sharing progeny that are not literally taken to mean that you think of them as an easy bake baby oven.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's super super hard to present "I'm glad my wife, mother of my children, died while literally trying to deliver the child we conceived together, but get this M Night Shamalan Twist: I was sick of her rear end, so it all worked out ok" without it being ice cold on an epic scale

It's just the whole not having empathy for a human being dying because you didn't like them part that probably doesn't come off too well, and it seems like such a weird candid admission to make, like the guy wants to unburden himself or wants a partner that will agree with his perspective and poo poo talk his dead ex wife with him

Yes. This is why you should avoid it. If she gets super insecure over not being able to measure up to a dead woman, that’s where the problem comes up.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

Coincidentally /r/incels gained a new poster!

Like jesus that's terrible. Couldn't even fault the guy if he went full incel or red pill after that.

Lolwut. You do realize incels think Elliot Rodger did nothing wrong, advocate rape, and are completely insane?

You seriously think being denied sex should be a valid excuse for mass murder?🤔

He is not entitled to sex even if he has filled up his nice guy stamp card

Conversely the young lady is free to have sex with whoever she wants.

Her friends torment is a product of his soft misogyny and deserves no pity.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yes. This is why you should avoid it. If she gets super insecure over not being able to measure up to a dead woman, that’s where the problem comes up.

Well, if the woman brings it up, then you can be like, "Well get this honey, I hated that bitch and she hated me, so it's a pretty low bar!"

maskenfreiheit posted:

Lolwut. You do realize incels think Elliot Rodger did nothing wrong, advocate rape, and are completely insane?

I think there was a bit of hyperbole in what was said.

You do realize, that if someone asks you out, you reject them, but still call them a friend, and a few hours later get loving railed in their bed, it's a pretty lovely thing, because supposedly that person was your friend. If you call someone a friend, you should avoid doing lovely things like that to them. Sure, she's free to have sex with whomever she wants, but it would be a loving nice thing NOT TO GET FUCKT IN HIS BED lol.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 20, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
He should tack on “I didn’t murder her by the way. Other people were in the room and can attest I didn’t murder her.”

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

maskenfreiheit posted:

Himbeing bummed about her loving some rando in his bed is a product of his misogyny, ok.

They could have just gone to her place and everything would be fine.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

ugh why did I respond to low-tier troll maskenfreiheit

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Eezee posted:

Himbeing bummed about her loving some rando in his bed is a product of his misogyny, ok.

They could have just gone to her place and everything would be fine.

Its maskenfreiheit you're talking to. Him stopping the girl from loving a rando on the bed would have been ABUSE!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

maskenfreiheit posted:

She can have sex with whoever she wants but having it on the bed of the dude she just rejected while he sleeps on the couch and cries, and then leaving the sheets for him to clean, is crossing a line. How is that hard to get?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

MF_James posted:

ugh why did I respond to low-tier troll maskenfreiheit

I’m not a troll I’m a Quality Poster who occasionally dispenses hot takes :colbert:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Andy Dufresne posted:

Bolded because they hosed on the guy's bed, in case that wasn't obvious

Master bedroom could be the poor kid's parents' room, which would also be pretty bad, and I'd say funnier.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Whatever happened to the idea you should value a guest’s comfort above all else?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It sounds like it was posted by the kid so he could jerk off to how much everyone hates the fictional Stacy and Chad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Having sex on someone else's bed without permission is pretty lovely and gross regardless of whether you recently rejected their advances.