Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Jose Oquendo posted:

Star Wars: Solo comes out in 5 months and there hasn't been a trailer or anything. The last thing I've seen was from a few months ago when Ron Howard revealed the name of the movie. Is it going to be THAT bad? They're afraid to show anything at all from it.

I'm pretty sure it got delayed to December, as every December until all of us are dead will now contain a Star War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm pretty sure it got delayed to December, as every December until all of us are dead will now contain a Star War

Do you have a source on that? Everything I can find still says May.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah they were so set on keeping the May release date that when they changed directors and decided to do 5 weeks of reshoots to fix the 'tone' but it turned out that Michael K. Williams wasn't availableto redo his scenes due to scheduling conflicts they just cut his character from the film altogether rather than wait for him to be available.
http://deadline.com/2017/08/michael-k-williams-han-solo-movie-roll-cut-reshoots-1202153750/

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah they were so set on keeping the May release date that when they changed directors and decided to do 5 weeks of reshoots to fix the 'tone' but it turned out that Michael K. Williams wasn't availableto redo his scenes due to scheduling conflicts they just cut his character from the film altogether rather than wait for him to be available.
http://deadline.com/2017/08/michael-k-williams-han-solo-movie-roll-cut-reshoots-1202153750/

Actually they recast the role with Paul Bettany.

I guess technically recast isn’t quite the right word, they scrapped the character Williams was playing and filled his role in the plot with Bettany’s new character. He was only on set a couple weeks so the role must have been tiny.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 19, 2017

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

Which film will be the worst in 2018? Contenders include Ready Player One, Tomb Raider, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Solo, Robin Hood: Origins, A Wrinkle In Time, Alita: Battle Angels, Moral Engines, 50 Shades Freed, Death Wish, Sherlock Gnomes, God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Worst can include most disappointing, least amount of risk taking, colossal critical failure, insulting to the audience, ugliest movie, ill-timed release due to current events, box office bombing, cast member is a rapist, or studio destroyed by fraud related to the movie.

Without looking into it, I really hope the next God’s Not Dead film follows up on the side plot point of the US government subpoenaing sermons from pastors and one of them refusing to give his up. Because “the federal government is censoring sermons” is the dumbest bullshit that series will have concocted and gives me even more reason to hate its dumb, incessant whining.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I hope 50 shades is bonkers but from the trailer it looks like a boring love triangle with one car chase for excitement

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Beat me to it, but yeah.

Do they get into the fact that he purchased a disable black woman as a slave, and then put her on display? And that, even though she was quite elderly, lied and said she was over 100 years old as well as George Washington's wet nurse? And when abolitionists were picking up steam he lied and said she was a freed woman, trying to raise money to free her (nonexistent) family? And that people just threw money in support of helping her family? And when she died he sold tickets to her autopsy (so the medical world could learn her secrets of long life)? And when the newspapers reported the autopsy's findings (that she was no more than 80 at best), he paid off competing newspapers to report that the autopsy was a sham and that the 100+ year woman was still alive?

gently caress Barnum and gently caress that movie.

Somebody needs to make a movie about this Barnum. The real Barnum. Maybe make it a parody of Greatest Showman.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Which film will be the worst in 2018? Contenders include Ready Player One, Tomb Raider, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Solo, Robin Hood: Origins, A Wrinkle In Time, Alita: Battle Angels, Moral Engines, 50 Shades Freed, Death Wish, Sherlock Gnomes, God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Worst can include most disappointing, least amount of risk taking, colossal critical failure, insulting to the audience, ugliest movie, ill-timed release due to current events, box office bombing, cast member is a rapist, or studio destroyed by fraud related to the movie.

Yeah it sure as poo poo won’t be Ready Player One. I know this because even though I know nothing whatsoever about the book, I saw the preview when I went to see Last Jedi and it looked kickass as gently caress. They played fuckin Van Halen. Looks sick. :rock:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

The Han Solo movie won't be advertised until after May the Fourth where they show the entire film to a comic con crowd

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Yeah it sure as poo poo won’t be Ready Player One. I know this because even though I know nothing whatsoever about the book, I saw the preview when I went to see Last Jedi and it looked kickass as gently caress. They played fuckin Van Halen. Looks sick. :rock:

Oh you should look up the book.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

got any sevens posted:

I hope 50 shades is bonkers but from the trailer it looks like a boring love triangle with one car chase for excitement

In the book she gets kidnapped and there's a thriller plot of Christian trying to get her back. And I know she gets knocked up at some point and he gets super pissed at her because she's supposed to be on birth control but at the end everything gets solved and they get married and have two kids and live happily ever after

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Mortal Engines is one of the more entertainingly insane post-apocalyptic settings I've read. And it also has Terminators. And at the end of the first book the protagonist admits that they didn't really accomplish much.

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe
Pages back about the Ocean's 8 tagline:

SciFiDownBeat posted:

This but unironically
I wasn't being ironic!

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Saw the trailer for Alpha earlier this week and haven't heard anything about the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6Il_RmMRE

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Speaking of Ocean's 8:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFWF9dU5Zc0

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Tars Tarkas posted:

Saw the trailer for Alpha earlier this week and haven't heard anything about the movie

Yeah, I'd watch that. I just hope the story is as simple as the trailer implies. I just want some cool lean caveman movies.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Did they kill Danny Ocean?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Perhaps it's all part of the con!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Did they kill Danny Ocean?

One of the producers was saying there are some "really big surprises" in the movie; I'd bet anything Clooney shows up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If Julia Roberts isn't in this then the movie can gently caress off.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tars Tarkas posted:

:byodood: Survival is never certain

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Timby posted:

One of the producers was saying there are some "really big surprises" in the movie; I'd bet anything Clooney shows up.

I hope he does but inexplicably he's been horribly mutated and disfigured. Like Danny Ocean for some reason looks like Toxic Avenger.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Alhazred posted:

Ahahahah.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Timby posted:

He shows up at the end to recruit them into the Ocean Initiative.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Alhazred posted:

Was that guy cradling a baby? :lol:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tars Tarkas posted:

I'm just going off my interest and previews, I haven't looked to see how the production on any of these is going; worst to best according to being aware of my tastes:

50 Shades Freed
Alita: Battle Angels
Sherlock Gnomes
Robin Hood: Origins (Robin Hood is a dumb and bad story although I haven't heard of anything about this movie so I'll put it lowest on the tier of movies I haven't heard of)
God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness (haven't heard of it)
Death Wish (haven't heard of it)
Moral Engines (no clue)
Pacific Rim: Uprising
Ready Player One
Tomb Raider
A Wrinkle in Time
Solo
Fantastic Beasts

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I have a bad feeling Pacific Rim: Uprising is going to suck. None of the trailers or tidbits of information have interested me in the slightest.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Was that guy cradling a baby? :lol:

Knee up, hand around his leg

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I have a bad feeling Pacific Rim: Uprising is going to suck. None of the trailers or tidbits of information have interested me in the slightest.

What I heard is that the production was hosed behind the scenes. With stuff like having to hastily rewrite the entire thing right before shooting because Hunnam dropped out at the last minute.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

muscles like this! posted:

What I heard is that the production was hosed behind the scenes. With stuff like having to hastily rewrite the entire thing right before shooting because Hunnam dropped out at the last minute.

I think the lack of GDT is already painfully obvious with how uninspired the visual design of everything we've seen is.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If Julia Roberts isn't in this then the movie can gently caress off.

But Julia Robert's character in the Oceans movies is dreadful.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rough Lobster posted:

But Julia Robert's character in the Oceans movies is dreadful.

srsly

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Who cares, she's an Ocean. Once an Ocean always an Ocean

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Those of you wondering about God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, wonder no more! An evil state-run university sues a church!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aepZ-nrPA-w

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Alpha is the first film in the Dog Cinematic Universe with films planned until at least 2034.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I have a bad feeling Pacific Rim: Uprising is going to suck.

The first one sucked the chrome off a car bumper, so I don't know why you're surprised.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

nah

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Byzantine posted:

The first one sucked the chrome off a car bumper, so I don't know why you're surprised.

Look at this poor man what hates Anime so much.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Byzantine posted:

Pacific Rim was the best Jet Jaguar/Robot Jox sequel we’ll ever get.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

Alpha is the first film in the Dog Cinematic Universe with films planned until at least 2034.

https://youtu.be/gwC4ESJjvwA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Air Bud Has Fallen

• Locked thread