Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So are we ever gonna fix the ghost post or what?

It seems we lost sisterfister's last post to the ghost post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've had two posts eaten by the ghost of the GTA thread previously, let's either exise that fucker or I guess make a new thread.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation
Well that's loving annoying.

I asked: for CDKeys, does anyone know of a way to get them to work on US accounts? They're UK cards, and I thought I'd be crafty by pointing my VPN to London and redeeming the codes but it recognized my account as US and redirected me to the US site. Is there any way around this?

Also, for those of you shopping there, the Great White card is actually a better deal than the other ones for some reason. Buying 8 of those instead of the Megalodon card gets you 10 million instead of 8.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

make a new thread

sadly this is the only solution - 33,000+ posts tends to break these things

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Buy hacker money ffs. shark cards? what is wrong with you

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

Zigmidge posted:

Buy hacker money ffs. shark cards? what is wrong with you

Many people play on what are known as "consoles." These pre-configured gaming systems often feature added security measures and are not as easily modded as Microsoft Windows. Users who choose consoles are left with the choice of either grinding for the real-world equivalent of $3 an hour, or paying Rockstar to enhance their gaming experience. Suck my dick.

SisterFister fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 19, 2017

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
i'm sure you and your shark cards will prove to be quite the console gaming sensation

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

It's hard to suck your dick when you're on your knees polishing daddy rockstars'.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

Zigmidge posted:

It's hard to suck your dick when you're on your knees polishing daddy rockstars'.

I'll spread my legs a little bit so you can suck it from below while I poo poo on your chest

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Zigmidge posted:

I’m sure if anyone knows how to suck a dick of a man sucking another dick, I’ll bet it’s you.

Now go ahead and tell us how you can’t play in public PC servers without hackers making it unplayable for you. oval office.

Phweengee posted:

IQuestion is, should I go ahead and drop the money for the Deluxo?

Do it. It is the best thing in the new update by a mile and the missles ruin people’s day quicker than any other vehicle except maybe the Oppressor.

Quicksand_Jesus fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 19, 2017

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

It's a bit of a waste to lie just to give hope to console users.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

T1g4h posted:

The Volatol.

Boo, so it’s not even a good plane.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I find it weird that they put the orbital strike into the game considering there's such a rampant hacking problem on PC. It just seems perfectly tailored for hackers. I mean, obviously they don't give much of a poo poo because people like that guy still buy shark cards, but every time my friends and I get blown up by one and respawn immediately we just shrug and continue on like nothing happened. It's a minor inconvenience at best. It makes no sense why someone who actually earned (or paid for) the orbital strike capability would waste it by blowing up pubbies in freeroam, and I'm almost certain every time I get blown up by the homing strike that whoever did it hacked to get it or received hacked money to get it. That said, even if it wasn't a hacker that killed me with it, I still get probably more satisfaction out of it knowing they wasted almost a million of their hard earned cash to blow me up than they do by blowing me up with it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah the orbital cannon is dumb as gently caress

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Anime_Otaku posted:

Boo, so it’s not even a good plane.

Ehhh. It's decently maneuverable and it holds 100 bombs compared to the 50 every other aircraft gets. It's a decent bomber. Not terrible at least.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 19, 2017

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

explosivo posted:

I find it weird that they put the orbital strike into the game considering there's such a rampant hacking problem on PC. It just seems perfectly tailored for hackers. I mean, obviously they don't give much of a poo poo because people like that guy still buy shark cards, but every time my friends and I get blown up by one and respawn immediately we just shrug and continue on like nothing happened. It's a minor inconvenience at best. It makes no sense why someone who actually earned (or paid for) the orbital strike capability would waste it by blowing up pubbies in freeroam, and I'm almost certain every time I get blown up by the homing strike that whoever did it hacked to get it or received hacked money to get it. That said, even if it wasn't a hacker that killed me with it, I still get probably more satisfaction out of it knowing they wasted almost a million of their hard earned cash to blow me up than they do by blowing me up with it.

The fact that it has a 48 minute cooldown makes it not that great a griefing tool.

Also, on consoles at least, there’s an achievement tied to using it once on another player, so that would be the only reason I’d blow that $ on a random pub.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's an honor to get hit though. Someone with a limited amount of money used a chunk of it just to kill you once.

Modders can just blow you up as many times as they want anyways.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Christmas outfits are back in the game, as well as festive bodysuits which are susceptible to the old office-telescope glitch, allowing weird outfits like these

Save desired clothing as an outfit without the mask, then equip your desired mask and run past your telescope spamming E

Once you get into the animation of using the telescope, you need to cancel the animation using your movement buttons before you actually look through it

If done correctly, your character will just be standing next to the telescope without wearing your desired mask. If you move far enough away from your telescope, your mask will load back in - the idea is to use your context menu and change into your 'desired clothing' outfit before you move away from the telescope.

If you're now wearing your desired clothing with your desired mask, remember to resave your Outfit.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 20, 2017

taters
Jun 13, 2005

You can buy hacked funbux on console too. The prices are much worse, but still less that 10% of the best Shart Card deals. (hacked PC money tends around 1-2% of shark card prices)

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

taters posted:

You can buy hacked funbux on console too. The prices are much worse, but still less that 10% of the best Shart Card deals. (hacked PC money tends around 1-2% of shark card prices)

Do tell, friend

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
wow those final doomsday heist setup missions are a bitch.

The juggernauts that take 2 or 3 rockets to the face, the loving barrage that can't handle a slight ramp without flipping over 12 times, using that ballista vehicle you have to stop every couple seconds so the passenger can take a shot.... That poo poo was annoying.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

taters posted:

I wouldn't mind knowing how since there are no cracked PS4s and you can't transfer cash to another player AFAIK.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Probably a rockstar employee's side gig.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Is there a way to remap the key bind for shooting with the Deluxo? I'm on pc. When flying around, both hands are on the keyboard, and so far it looks like the only shoot button is right mouse, which is a pain. I've looked in the key bindings, and experimented with a couple of options, but none seem to affect how this one shoots.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I might go back and add the roof lights to be a true hipster Euro kid. Really wish they'd let us adjust wheel size, because there are some Tuner wheels that would be perfect if they were just a bit larger.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I haven't played in a minute. What are goons using for heist planning these days discord or mumble

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

SisterFister posted:

Well that's loving annoying.

I asked: for CDKeys, does anyone know of a way to get them to work on US accounts? They're UK cards, and I thought I'd be crafty by pointing my VPN to London and redeeming the codes but it recognized my account as US and redirected me to the US site. Is there any way around this?

Also, for those of you shopping there, the Great White card is actually a better deal than the other ones for some reason. Buying 8 of those instead of the Megalodon card gets you 10 million instead of 8.

I just went ahead and did the gta v/megalodon combo in the US just fine. It wouldn't take my paypal at first, but then I went on a VPN and it went through. They emailed asking for a picture of photo ID to verify it before putting the purchase through.

The Great White card is $9 so I was thinking of doing what you said, but it's for the PS4. The PC one is 16.99 compared to $37 for the Megalodon combo.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

How's the Sentinel?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
It’s a pretty nice runabout, not raced it yet or anything, the customisation is pretty good for it too.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Anyone bought cash from modders before? Seems smarter than buying shark cards but not by much

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Several goons have. I haven't and I won't name names but their experiences have all been fast, pain free and went beyond their expectations (in that they received more money than was advertised).

It's not without obvious risk, of course, as you have to surrender your account for the process. Console would work the same. You can lean on the knowledge that they have more money to make from doing a good job than stealing your worthless video games account.

e: They also use injection methods that they've either developed themselves or got through back channels. These are not publicly available and are not easily, if ever, caught by rockstar.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 20, 2017

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Haven't used the second character much but might just so I don't have to look at my dumb juggalo face any more. Holy poo poo I took off the makeup the other night and he is just ugly as gently caress- tiny squinty eyes, bad mouth, etc. I put that poo poo back on to cover up lol

I know the "bank" is accessible to both and that rank/property/unlocks are not. Do license plates transfer between both or are they unique to that slot? Is there anything else to consider or is it really like starting a new game? I think my alt is like 10th level

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

You can pay to change your face now, by the way.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

AzureSkys posted:

I just went ahead and did the gta v/megalodon combo in the US just fine. It wouldn't take my paypal at first, but then I went on a VPN and it went through. They emailed asking for a picture of photo ID to verify it before putting the purchase through.

The Great White card is $9 so I was thinking of doing what you said, but it's for the PS4. The PC one is 16.99 compared to $37 for the Megalodon combo.

Oh I got that far. Have you tried to redeem the codes yet? That's where I had the problem

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

SisterFister posted:

Oh I got that far. Have you tried to redeem the codes yet? That's where I had the problem

Yeah it redeemed without issue. Got the code within minutes of submitting my ID.

Finally got a vehicle warehouse. Wow that's some easy, fast cash.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AzureSkys posted:

Finally got a vehicle warehouse. Wow that's some easy, fast cash.

drat, I looked into this last night and I think 1.5m was the cheapest for a vehicle warehouse. I've been the guy in our group to save up for all these facilities so we can do stuff together which is nice to be the lead or whatever but now I'm going to save up for this instead of buying a cool car for the greater good. :smith:

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

I like this thing.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Phweengee posted:

Is there a way to remap the key bind for shooting with the Deluxo? I'm on pc. When flying around, both hands are on the keyboard, and so far it looks like the only shoot button is right mouse, which is a pain. I've looked in the key bindings, and experimented with a couple of options, but none seem to affect how this one shoots.

Why do you have both hands on the keyboard? WASD + Ctrl & Shift are all you need to steer it. Your other hand is for mouse aiming the Mk II Revolver with JHP's out the window at people.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

BitBasher posted:

I wouldn't mind knowing how since there are no cracked PS4s and you can't transfer cash to another player AFAIK.

Basically, hackers made hundereds of modded accounts before the platform transfers were stopped. They get a little more expensive every month as there are fewer of them as time goes on. Rank 250 w/ 500m and all unlocks is going for about $250 for PS4 and $125 for Xbox. On PC that would be about $50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Got through the entire Doomsday Heist on hard mode with only one friend, but unfortunately had to do the final heist on normal difficulty because that poo poo was just not made for 2 people.

• Locked thread