Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think a load of goose down burning underneath your face will do you much good either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Protip: Don't go to sleep when your bed is on fire

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Police Automaton posted:

You're not the boss of me.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
My Trump and Bob Ross Legos arrived. They are cute and the quality is pretty good.

Bob Ross came with Spider-Man heads. Trump came with an extra hand for some reason.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SEX BURRITO posted:

Trump came with an extra hand for some reason.

What size?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Police Automaton posted:

Protip: Don't touch me, I'm a real live wire.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Olive! posted:

Protip: Don't touch me, I'm a real live wire.

:golfclap:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Every unassembled figure seems to come with at least 3 hands. They're simply too light to trip the scale accurately so they overcompensate.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

My trump also came with an extra hand regular Lego size.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

Have you also not seen the trailer/advert? It has been very big on the internets.

I'm not a massive superhero person, but now you mentioned it I do remember seeing Deadpool Bob Ross on my FB feed. That's really funny.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

tater_salad posted:

My trump also came with an extra hand regular Lego size.

Yeah but in this case they are "ACTUAL SIZE!" :downsrim:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah but in this case they are "ACTUAL SIZE!" :downsrim:

Right I made that joke.. I said my friend could swap one out for when he wanted an actual sized hand.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

My automatic belt that was shipped in October "was promised by logistics company to arrive in 60 days", and I'll be damned if it didn't show up on day 60. It looks great though!

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 19, 2017

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Does this mean you'll stop wearing a dead man's suspenders?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My automatic belt that was shipped in October "was promised by logistics company to arrive in 60 days", and I'll be damned if it didn't show up on day 60. It looks great though!

What’s an automatic belt? Im picturing this in my mind:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

SEX BURRITO posted:

In my mind it is a belt with a built in retract like a tape measure.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I was actually meaning to post about those. I can do without most of the trash I've ordered, but those belts showed up a couple days ago and they're great. Assuming they don't fail under the pressure of restraining a goony gut, I'll likely never wear another kind of belt again. Thanks, Ali thread!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

SEX BURRITO posted:

It's like a ratchet strap rather than the hole and thing that goes though the hole

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Automatic belts are seriously awersome and I hope they catch on in the US

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Automatic belts have been in the US for at least 35 years. I have no clue what they were called when I was little, but most of my belts were automatic belts. Maybe they only sold them for children back then. That said, I also like the automatic belt I ordered from Ali.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Guy Mann posted:

Automatic belts are seriously awersome and I hope they catch on in the US

It just seems so ... trivial? The process of using a traditional buckle is muscle memory for most people, and if the selling point is that a strip of leather that will last for years anyway might last somewhat longer it's not a super compelling argument to try something new.

Maybe if you're shopping for someone's first belt?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Automatic belts saved my marriage and helped me lose 47lbs

I have no idea what one is, I just want to fit in

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Checked the last 20 pages and couldn't find anything relevant, anyone bought any Bluetooth buds\in-ear style headphones that were worthwhile? Bonus points for a high IP rating or a microphone. Cheers!

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
I also bought that belt when it was posted a few months ago and wouldn't want to go back to a normal one. I think the best thing is that you can tighten it to exactly the right size.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

XTimmy posted:

Checked the last 20 pages and couldn't find anything relevant, anyone bought any Bluetooth buds\in-ear style headphones that were worthwhile? Bonus points for a high IP rating or a microphone. Cheers!

Search for qy7 or qy8. they are not much cheaper than buying from amazon tho

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

XTimmy posted:

Don't know if you care whether or not they are connected to each other or totally wireless, but I bought these back in August for my wife and she's been using them pretty regularly now without any issues: https://geek.wish.com/c/546f3fdb8edcfa12151f483e

Woden
May 6, 2006

Riller posted:

Don't know if you care whether or not they are connected to each other or totally wireless, but I bought these back in August for my wife and she's been using them pretty regularly now without any issues: https://geek.wish.com/c/546f3fdb8edcfa12151f483e

All I saw there was a giant sign in with FB/goog/email thing with no "x" to tell it to gently caress off, is wish the pinterest of cheap poo poo or am I doing something wrong?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Woden posted:

All I saw there was a giant sign in with FB/goog/email thing with no "x" to tell it to gently caress off, is wish the pinterest of cheap poo poo or am I doing something wrong?

:same:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

XTimmy posted:

If you're stuck on getting them directly from China, I don't know, but I have a pair of Magicbuds from Amazon. They're easy to pair, last quite a while between charges and at $27 they're tough to beat. I keep a pair at work and jam out during my prep period.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

so I used the app, did some coin to coupon stuff for the ali coupons but they don't show up in my cart.. WTF

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The coupons may only be usable for another store or applicable to other items the whole coupon situation is a mess

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Blue Train posted:

The coupons may only be usable for another store or applicable to other items the whole coupon situation is a mess

so "ali express select cupons" are kind of useless?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

value-brand cereal posted:

Does this mean you'll stop wearing a dead man's suspenders?

:v: never!

Also to the others, yes by automatic belt I mean the ratchet strap type belt. It looks as good as any other belt I own and it was only like $8.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

Woden posted:

Yeah, sorry about that. I think you might have to be logged in to view it. Here's a picture of the page I was trying to link:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

XTimmy posted:

I just bought a wireless pair, but am still waiting for them to arrive. They shipped them fast as hell though, since they have apparently hit US soil already and I just ordered them a week ago.

Will try to remember to do a trip report.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I bought one of those squirrel-shaped rice scoops in lime green and the one that arrived was a sickly grey with a hint of green. saw a review with the same wrong color around the time time I received mine, while everything previous was the lime green. I opened a dispute because, uh, it's the wrong color, and the seller PMed me asking me to close the dispute bc 'it still functions' despite the color being wrong.

ok but it's still wrong :nallears:

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Just bought some cheap yeast for rice wine. Hopefully customs don't care about it and hopefully the yeast didn't expire and die like 3 years ago.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It might get xray'd to gently caress and back.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Why are all Bluetooth headphones in ear I have in ear headphones they feel terrible to me.

Auone have anything like the above but aren't in ear.. I want earbud style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The qy7 ones come with multiple plugs for different sized ear holes