Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Ossipago posted:

They are account wide, you just have to pay to unlock them. Buy more gems cartel coins dude.

Oh my god what, I didn't know that!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Any item except dyes that are cartel items can be unlocked account wide in collections (Ctrl+c). Costs 60, 240, 400 or 600 coins depending on rarity.

This is the only thing in the game that you can't use credits to unlock, thus I recommend saving your coins for that.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Medullah posted:

This is the only thing in the game that you can't use credits to unlock, thus I recommend saving your coins for that.

wait, i can unlock authorizations and stuff with credits?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kly posted:

Well, authorizations are a bit different. I was more thinking of non f2p stuff. Technically you can buy it off other people but the cost is prohibitive to F2P players

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kly posted:

Need a high legacy level for some stuff though, which shouldn't take too long. I did waste some of the coins from my month's sub on the first level of jetpack because it was account wide and gently caress walking down hallways. It had already paid for itself by the time I would've been able to unlock it normally.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.
I guess I'll give this another go for a little while. I have some lvl 60s, and an assortment of lower level characters to mess around with while my eve characters skill up.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

EVE is a bad game don't play also buy my carrier pilot

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Bilirubin posted:

EVE is a bad game don't play also buy my carrier pilot

I'm too space poor.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Hey guys, I know we don't do a lot of coordinated group stuff here, but I could really use some help with this quest. I've had it in my logs for I don't know how long, but I just can't manage to get it completed. Please help, I could really use the CXP.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Medullah posted:

Well, authorizations are a bit different. I was more thinking of non f2p stuff. Technically you can buy it off other people but the cost is prohibitive to F2P players

Well I was thinking of saving the credits then when i do a 1mo sub spending it to unlock some things that annoy me. like the hide head option since this bug seems to happen randomly when i buy a new dressup slot on a character. now that I think of it though, is it possible for preferred players to give money to subscribers? with the new legacy bank i can save up a pile of credits.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Nipponophile posted:

Hey guys, I know we don't do a lot of coordinated group stuff here, but I could really use some help with this quest. I've had it in my logs for I don't know how long, but I just can't manage to get it completed. Please help, I could really use the CXP.

Oh man, I remember that coming out and trying to get the armour set.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha I love that they added CXP to it

Edit - Because YOU didn't complete that quest the Rakghoul plague spread!

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh my god what, I didn't know that!!!

Look in the collections window son. Any mount, outfit or weapon etc. you have unlocked on one character can be pulled down on another character through the collections window.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

nonentity posted:

Look in the collections window son. Any mount, outfit or weapon etc. you have unlocked on one character can be pulled down on another character through the collections window.

Its great but destroyed artiface as a viable money making craft

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Bilirubin posted:

Lesson #1 in MMO development: every decision you make is wrong.

Somewhere, somebody will hate what you’ve done.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

I've made more money on my Artificer than most any other crafter. Dyes sell well, Relics sell well, and old Rakata color crystals (Black-Red, Black-Blue) sell well.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

nonentity posted:

Lesson #1 in MMO development: every decision you make is wrong.

Somewhere, somebody will hate what you’ve done.

I too have visited the official forums.

(I haven't ever tried to make credits from crafting FWIW, I just made some cool purple crystals for my alt and checked the price on the GTN and whoa nelly would have been cheaper time wise to just buy it for like 50k credits)

Medullah posted:

I've made more money on my Artificer than most any other crafter. Dyes sell well, Relics sell well, and old Rakata color crystals (Black-Red, Black-Blue) sell well.

Huh. Think I might have REd one of those blue-blacks back in the day.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Was thinking of getting into this in a mostly single-player capacity and was wondering: is outfit creation kind of like WoW transmog and can old "raids" etc. be solo'd at high level to get item appearances and such?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Yes.

No.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Maybe.

I don't know.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Soloing raids is a no go, they’re level sync’d.

SWTORS glamour system is different from wow, but very good. You have cosmetic slots that you assign gear to, and then no matter what you actually have equipped, you’ll look like your cosmetic slot. You can unlock additional slots with credits and quickly swap between outfits. Or, you can not use them, and look like a clown, if you choose

That only applies to armor though, you can’t use the outfit designer on weapons, unless that’s changed. But most endgame gear is just a shell that you put mods into to build your stats, so that’s sort of customizable too

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
The system reminded me more of LOTRO, if that helps you at all.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
All I want is a Star Wars TC of The Division. :pray:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

SWTORS glamour system is different from wow, but very good. You have cosmetic slots that you assign gear to, and then no matter what you actually have equipped, you’ll look like your cosmetic slot. You can unlock additional slots with credits and quickly swap between outfits. Or, you can not use them, and look like a clown, if you choose

This is such a useful thing and saves so many credits from ripping mods out of one shell and into another.

There are also so many really nice looking low level outfits that it was a shame not to be able to keep them as you progress. Now that's in the past

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I can honestly say SWTOR has the best "dress-up" system of any MMO I have played. WoW's is absolute garbage. Been playing ESO lately and its cosmetic gear is meh... got it's pros and cons. Better dye system, but otherwise mostly inferior.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I can honestly say SWTOR has the best "dress-up" system of any MMO I have played. WoW's is absolute garbage. Been playing ESO lately and its cosmetic gear is meh... got it's pros and cons. Better dye system, but otherwise mostly inferior.

GW2's is faaaaaaaaaaar better, and blows every other MMO out of the water for pretty princess dressup. But, of the "games with a wardrobe system worse than GW2" crowd, SWTOR's works just fine.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Secret World is pretty great and has a mankini so it kinda beats GW2. SWTOR used to be a lot worse and improved a lot after going f2p. If only they hadn't removed compatibility with some of the companion weapons and ruined my Kaliyo.

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

I RAN "COMEDY" THROUGH GOOGLE AND THIS IS ALL I GOT! ZULUZULUZULU!

Started playing this again, and I keep running into being level-synced down to the zone I’m in - is that done for everything, or just class missions?

In other news, I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed the class stories.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Giving this a whirl. The vehicle and pet codes in the OP all still work. Spent the $3 for 250 cash shop coins; are there any "must-have" QoL buys I can get with those?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Hello Sailor posted:

Giving this a whirl. The vehicle and pet codes in the OP all still work. Spent the $3 for 250 cash shop coins; are there any "must-have" QoL buys I can get with those?

rocket boots

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Reindeer Flotilla posted:

Started playing this again, and I keep running into being level-synced down to the zone I’m in - is that done for everything, or just class missions?

In other news, I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed the class stories.

Level synch is a thing everywhere but its negligible really after you outlevel it by too much

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It’s everything, but the flip side is that everything gives you xp as though you were doing it at your current level. So grinding dromund kaas heroics at level 40 is still going to be worth the effort, for example. It’s a good change.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Does Revan in the game ruin KOTOR Revan? Is it a step down from his previous characterization?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Schneider Heim posted:

Does Revan in the game ruin KOTOR Revan? Is it a step down from his previous characterization?

Completely.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Schneider Heim posted:

There was no way to not ruin Revan, what with them being a playable character in an RPG

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe the real Revan was the player controlling them.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Revan was inside you all along. You only had to believe.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I liked the Shadow of Revan storyline mostly because before it was released they made Revan a poo poo level 35 flashpoint boss when he deserved to be more.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Is there an option I missed or an allowed mod to display multiple toolbars? It seems like there are an awful lot of "I would occasionally, but not regularly, like to have quick access to this button" abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hello Sailor posted:

Is there an option I missed or an allowed mod to display multiple toolbars? It seems like there are an awful lot of "I would occasionally, but not regularly, like to have quick access to this button" abilities.

Depending on your status (F2P, Preferred, Sub) you can have from 2 up to 6 Toolbars, and they can be shrunken/hidden.