Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
In Muscle Hustle--code is 328906

This game is way more fun than it should be. I'd love to see a Royal Rumble mode...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mikey Purp posted:

Deathroad to Canada was a fun game concept that was really hosed up by its terrible controls. You'll probably get a :burger: worth of enjoyment out of it though, so for a dollar why not.

Its a port of a Steam game, so I'm willing to bet that PC controls are much better. Not everything was meant to come to mobile. That said, its been on my wishlist, so I'll give it a go since I've got a stockpile of Home Depot-sponsored Google Fun Bux.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Deathroad to Canada handles fine control-wise on PC. Really the biggest problem is that the game is fundamentally shallow and after beating it a couple of times there's basically nothing left to see.

It's maybe 6-7 hours worth of entertainment which is fine for the price.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Yeah I figure at 99 cents if I get even an hour of enjoyment from it it's a decent price. That said I only did the tutorial so far and have no opinions yet

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

One thing I can say about DRtC is that your experience benefits greatly from creating a slew of custom characters based off of people you know and/or famous people, and really only using those people in game.

I assume the Android version supports this?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Popular Chinese MOBA Arena of Valor is now out in North America. Uh, Batman is in it?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I assume the Android version supports this?

That's correct.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

I've also been playing some Muscle Hustle and should probably put my code out there: 321251. Fun game, and I'm finally at a point where I have a team of all pros, but I'm still stuck in 3-6. This match just destroys me for some reason.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Bridge Constructor Portal is out now.

Also Gunstar Heroes is the latest Sega Forever game.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 20, 2017

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Trauma Tank posted:

I've also been playing some Muscle Hustle and should probably put my code out there: 321251. Fun game, and I'm finally at a point where I have a team of all pros, but I'm still stuck in 3-6. This match just destroys me for some reason.

Keep playing lower level matches, especially the "boss" ones, to get gear, exp & belts to make your guys better. Also try changing up what guys you are using and even the order they are on the team can help. And I think that is far enough to use a friends wrestler so make sure you do that too.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Endless Frontier Devs kind of fixed my issue of not seeing the bottom of the screen. They gave me an APK that makes it so i can see most of the buttons down there, though I cant read the words on the buttons. It seems there is an issue with Android 8.0 or at least changing from a lower version of android to 8.0. Mine was a phone upgrade to a new Pixel XL 2 but they seem to think it happens if you upgrade the OS on the phone too.

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016
I'm going to be PC and console-less for a few days over the holidays. Can anyone recommend a good non pay to win JRPG with a deep combat system, preferably a tactical RPG, on Android? I've already got Final Fantasy Tactics and have played tbe infinity engine games to death. Any other ideas?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Nice. Anyone playing this on a 5.5" screen?

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Applied to goon guild in Clone Evo as diremonk

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

An absolutely huge number of premium games are on sale right now, support the people who are putting out stuff other than F2P games:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/12/20/app-sales-dec-20-2017/

Besides the list Android Police collected, a number of Capcom and TAITO titles are still marked down as well.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Trastion posted:

Keep playing lower level matches, especially the "boss" ones, to get gear, exp & belts to make your guys better. Also try changing up what guys you are using and even the order they are on the team can help. And I think that is far enough to use a friends wrestler so make sure you do that too.

Also, boosts are really cheap. Though I can't remember what level you unlock them at.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Why does romancing saga 2 say its on sale but doesn't have any price reduction? Those were my favorite rpgs as a child :sigh:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.romancingsaga2_ww

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Hey remember Sonic Runners, Sega's failed F2P sidescrolling Sonic the Hedgehog endless runner? Anyway its gotten a sequel quasi-remake in the form of Sonic Runners Adventure, a premium title from Gameloft of all people.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 21, 2017

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
If anyone is playing the soft launched Marvel Strike Force, do we have a goon alliance?

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Gammymajams posted:

I'm going to be PC and console-less for a few days over the holidays. Can anyone recommend a good non pay to win JRPG with a deep combat system, preferably a tactical RPG, on Android? I've already got Final Fantasy Tactics and have played tbe infinity engine games to death. Any other ideas?

How much do you care about story? If the answer is "none at all" Siralim 2 is the classic suggestion for deep combat system. I'm assuming you've already considered all the Final Fantasies/Dragon Quests/Ys mainstream games? The World Ends With You is a pretty good port if you don't mind spending a pretty decent amount for it. Some people like Doom and Destiny but the constant nerd references got to me and I hated it, if you don't mind that it's fairly popular.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Are there any good non F2P match 3 puzzle games other than 100000000 and YMBAB?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

glam rock hamhock posted:

Are there any good non F2P match 3 puzzle games other than 100000000 and YMBAB?
Wargames: WOPR is surprisingly decent.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Tunga posted:

Wargames: WOPR is surprisingly decent.

Oh man I forgot about this awesome game. It has a progression so you can actually beat it. Its great fo beat and be done with for a year and break out again.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Wargames thing seems fun.

Oddly enough the premium version is $3 but in the free one you can disable adds and get a currency doubler for $3...so I have no idea why I'd buy the premium version.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

It used to be a pay upfront app. It looks like they added some junk iaps in there. But the balance doesn't seem off without any of them. It feels like it I remember it at least. So I don't know if you need the premium. Just buys your way past content. And it's only got like 3 or 4 hours in it.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Well everybody thought they were done updating Tap Titans 2 after a string of huge content updates but they just unloaded another huge patch that adds crafting and equipment set bonuses. The goon clan still has room if anybody is thinking of checking it out. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801833

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Any good rhythm games for android? Especially ones that can be played with just two thumbs? Piano tiles was fun before they loaded it with f2p stuff.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

plz dont pull out posted:

Any good rhythm games for android? Especially ones that can be played with just two thumbs? Piano tiles was fun before they loaded it with f2p stuff.

I think I enjoyed Cytus

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I got into the Street Fighter IV CE Android Beta but it's pretty much unplayable without a controller. 😔

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

We Know Catheters posted:

I got into the Street Fighter IV CE Android Beta but it's pretty much unplayable without a controller. 😔

I'm still stuck on the "searching for an opponent" screen.

edit: and it looks like I'm not missing out on much. It's a very bare bones beta.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 23, 2017

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016

Vhak lord of hate posted:

How much do you care about story? If the answer is "none at all" Siralim 2 is the classic suggestion for deep combat system. I'm assuming you've already considered all the Final Fantasies/Dragon Quests/Ys mainstream games? The World Ends With You is a pretty good port if you don't mind spending a pretty decent amount for it. Some people like Doom and Destiny but the constant nerd references got to me and I hated it, if you don't mind that it's fairly popular.

Siralim 2 is a good suggestion. I've played a lot of it on PC now though and its a bit grindy for me to get through in the time I'll have. I'll go with Doom and Destiny the steam reviews are encouraging, thanks for your help.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
A variety of popular games are on sale for decent discounts: https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3002d77_games_yearend2017_premium_collection_curated

Recently released Motorsport Manager 2 is 75% off for example.

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
Muscle hustle, anyone figure out how to beat the quest really hard Samson siege? They have bomb timers that go off in the second round.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

pappawurm posted:

Muscle hustle, anyone figure out how to beat the quest really hard Samson siege? They have bomb timers that go off in the second round.

You've got to use a wrestler with the "Hold your horses" skill. You will want them to start in the same area as the bombs, so rearrange which slot you put them into in your party until they start in the right place. On their turn, fling to hit ball the bombs as many times as possible. Each bump increases the count down timer by one. Even then it's still hard, I still had to revive with gold a few times on the hardest difficulty.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
I went digging around in the f2p crud heap looking for something engaging and the best I did was Battle Team, which plays like a slightly more complicated summoner wars I think it was called and looks like Xenosaga. There's pve and pvp combat missions, guild stuff and idle timer menu clicker crap all of which urges you toward collecting and maintaining a huge roster of troops. It just launched and they're being generous with summon tickets but rares are still really hard to come by so you would probably want to create accounts until you get one with a five star guy, bye

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

What's the definitive way to play FFT on Android? Official app, emulate the original, or emulate the GBA version?

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop

Ceyton posted:

What's the definitive way to play FFT on Android? Official app, emulate the original, or emulate the GBA version?

Just a heads up, the GBA version is actually a "sequel", and a fantastic game in its own right.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

You could also emulate the PSP version.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Namaer posted:

You could also emulate the PSP version.

The app version is the psp version. I enjoyed the app on my ipad but I haven't repurchased it for Android. It worked great and I didn't really experience any slow downs. The only thing I didn't like is the psp version revert all the job requirements to the Japanese game. The original psx version for America actually lowered the job requires by one level for basically everything. It really reduced a pointless grind.

One job level might not seem like much but level 4 job take almost as much jp as the first three levels combined. So yes every job take almost double the time to unlock.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Doesn't the PSP/android version suffer from the extreme slowdown when you use an ability? I know the PSP version has a fan made patch to fix the slowdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

IAmTheRad posted:

Doesn't the PSP/android version suffer from the extreme slowdown when you use an ability? I know the PSP version has a fan made patch to fix the slowdown

I believe the slowdown was fixed on the app. I never noticed it.