Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Alpha ends with the first dog being frozen and then in the post credits scene he wakes up and is greeted by a grizzled Air Bud, flanked by his trusty sidekick Beethoven*, who tells him he is a Good Boy and needs to join the D.O.G.G.O. initiative.

*Dog not composer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

AngryBooch posted:

This looks like Inverted World but is based on a steampunk version of that sci-fi classic?

I would love to see someone attempt to pull off an Inverted World movie. It would make even less goddamned sense than the book and it would be glorious and/or godawful. Probably both.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Who cares, she's an Ocean. Once an Ocean always an Ocean

Ahem.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Alpha ends with the first dog being frozen and then in the post credits scene he wakes up and is greeted by a grizzled Air Bud, flanked by his trusty sidekick Beethoven*, who tells him he is a Good Boy and needs to join the D.O.G.G.O. initiative.

*Dog not composer

https://twitter.com/TarsTarkasnet/status/866710772528758784

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

No Old Dan and Little Ann? Shameful.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

OBviously this just means great minds think alike and we need to set up a pitch meeting with Air Bud Entertainment to make this real.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

seems like wasted potential to just have it be dogs when you could get skippy and flipper in there

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

That's a pretty sad list of hero dogs. That'd be like creating a team of the world's greatest heroes and including Hawkeye or something in it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

*Dog not composer

We call ourselves the P.A.C.K.

What's the best dog-focused movie anyway? Lady and the Tramp's gotta be up there

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Megan Leavey (2017) is a good Dog movie about a Good Dog.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

FreudianSlippers posted:

OBviously this just means great minds think alike and we need to set up a pitch meeting with Air Bud Entertainment to make this real.

The dogs will not only save the world but uncover a conspiracy to make rules against dogs playing in every sports league!

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
Wait Alpha isn't the prequel to CG kids movie hit Alpha and Omega

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Cheapsteaks posted:

Wait Alpha isn't the prequel to CG kids movie hit Alpha and Omega
Nope, but there are 8 Alpha and Omega movies total!

got any sevens posted:

What's the best dog-focused movie anyway? Lady and the Tramp's gotta be up there

Serious answers: Lady and the Tramp, Old Yeller, Benji: The Hunted, Plague Dogs

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

All of those names in the poster sound made up.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Byzantine posted:

The first one sucked the chrome off a car bumper, so I don't know why you're surprised.

Why do you hate fun?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Detective No. 27 posted:

All of those names in the poster sound made up.

French Stewart looks like he's thinking, "Oh, God, why did I piss all my 3rd Rock money away..."

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

got any sevens posted:

Dogville

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Timby posted:

French Stewart looks like he's thinking, "Oh, God, why did I piss all my 3rd Rock money away..."

Holy poo poo. I didn't realize that was him. Imagine being in a movie where French Stewart is the highest billed actor.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

got any sevens posted:

We call ourselves the P.A.C.K.

The Incredible Journey? It has a cat but it's a cool cat that can hang with the dogs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Timby posted:

He must have had a poo poo contract seeing as he's always been in the worst of the worst movies.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Holy poo poo. I didn't realize that was him. Imagine being in a movie where French Stewart is the highest billed actor.
looking at his tragic filmography brought me to this guy, who apparently represents a level of lovely parody movie below even the Epic Movie/Meet the Spartans dudes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_Nights_of_Paranormal_Activity_with_the_Devil_Inside_the_Girl_with_the_Dragon_Tattoo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_41-Year-Old_Virgin_Who_Knocked_Up_Sarah_Marshall_and_Felt_Superbad_About_It

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

muscles like this! posted:

He must have had a poo poo contract seeing as he's always been in the worst of the worst movies.

This is actually probably true, now that I think about it. Lithgow was making $200K / episode at the end, and Kristen Johnston has said they paid her absolute peanuts in comparison. Then again, NBC of that time period always had a pay disparity issue: On Frasier, when Grammer was pulling down $1.2 million per episode and David Hyde Pierce and John Mahoney were making $800K / per, Jane Leeves and Peri Gilpin were getting $70,000.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if the Alpha cinematic universe also contains the movie Alpha Dog.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Russian Dashcam Videos: The Motion Picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAW0LcCs35s

Looks rads a hell.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

What's French Stewart's deal, anyway? Fabrege Egg problem?

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

A 'Benji' reboot seems like it would be nice.

Edit:
:monocle:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benji_(2018_film)

Cithen fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 20, 2017

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

I'm also shocked there was a Benji tv series with aliens

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

muscles like this! posted:

Always makes me chuckle that he’s a marine in Stargate lol

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Powaqoatse posted:

I love appearances like that, sort of like Josh Pais in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (also, he was the only voice actor to actually get inside those suits and provide the physical performance, too).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Guy Mann posted:

Russian Dashcam Videos: The Motion Picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAW0LcCs35s

Looks rads a hell.

It was only a matter of time. I’m there on day one.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

syscall girl posted:

The Incredible Journey? It has a cat but it's a cool cat that can hang with the dogs.

Homeward Bound is the best animal movie ever ad i will hear no arguments to the contrary.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Disney Air Buddies franchise doesn't need those other IPs, they did their own superteam movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmEgdA9eJZ8

So far there are 14 films in the Air Bud cinematic universe

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Old Yeller would obviously fill in Crowe's role. Halfway through the movie you'd find out he's actually Cujo.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
In the '00s there were a couple of good French Stewart performances in DTV movies (Surveillance and The Flock) and I remember hoping that would be his new thing. Alas.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Samovar posted:

Old Yeller would obviously fill in Crowe's role. Halfway through the movie you'd find out he's actually Cujo.

Beethoven would be the one to hulk out into Cujo because they're both St Bernards.

Speaking of Cujo, they announced a remale a few years back which sounds suspiciously awful:

quote:

the new version of Cujo that is now in the works will probably have a lot of fans scratching their heads. This is because the remake is going to be titled C.U.J.O. with the letters apparently standing for "Canine Unit Joint Operations."

News of this developing project comes from Film School Rejects, which received a press release announcing that actor DJ Perry has signed on to star in the movie. As the site points out, this perhaps is further evidence that the new movie is straying pretty far away from the source material - given that the book and the Lewis Teague-directed adaptation from 1983 largely center on a mother and her son who get trapped because of the titular giant dog.
Imdb.com's listing for the project says that its current status is thankfully Unknown

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Beethoven would be the one to hulk out into Cujo because they're both St Bernards.

Speaking of Cujo, they announced a remale a few years back which sounds suspiciously awful:

Imdb.com's listing for the project says that its current status is thankfully Unknown

I hope the trailer for that is just dogs acting out the S.W.A.T. movie trailer.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Powaqoatse posted:

Timby posted:

I love appearances like that, sort of like Josh Pais in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (also, he was the only voice actor to actually get inside those suits and provide the physical performance, too).

BD Wong in Executive Decision

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Tars Tarkas posted:

Which film will be the worst in 2018? Contenders include Ready Player One, Tomb Raider, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Solo, Robin Hood: Origins, A Wrinkle In Time, Alita: Battle Angels, Moral Engines, 50 Shades Freed, Death Wish, Sherlock Gnomes, God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Worst can include most disappointing, least amount of risk taking, colossal critical failure, insulting to the audience, ugliest movie, ill-timed release due to current events, box office bombing, cast member is a rapist, or studio destroyed by fraud related to the movie.

Regardless of quality, Robin Hood is gonna bomb hard. Who cares about Robin Hood in 2017? It seems studios haven't gotten the message that no one cares about English legends and old stories anymore.

I really don't know why "Origins" is still used as a subtitle. I reflexively associate it with lazy hackery.

I almost didn't play Dragon Age Origins for that reason.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

omfg

Cujo-lite did make an appearance in Gerald's Game this year but he only ate most of the dead guy and menaced the protagonist cuffed to the bed.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Thundercracker posted:

Regardless of quality, Robin Hood is gonna bomb hard. Who cares about Robin Hood in 2017? It seems studios haven't gotten the message that no one cares about English legends and old stories anymore.

I really don't know why "Origins" is still used as a subtitle. I reflexively associate it with lazy hackery.

I almost didn't play Dragon Age Origins for that reason.

Robin hood is very thematically relevant to modern times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Thundercracker posted:

I dunno, stealing from the rich sounds really loving compelling these days. Where's Robin Hood when you need him?

• Locked thread