Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Both those fan bases will sit in the snow to watch football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Good Will Hrunting posted:

1.) it will be forgotten very quickly
2.) nobody with half a brain thought this packers team could beat three better teams, two definite playoff teams, in three weeks after a rusty Rodgers comes back

yeah there's no way anyone thought that the best QB in the league couldn't come back and possibly beat a team that handily lost to the bears

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

mastershakeman posted:

yeah there's no way anyone thought that the best QB in the league couldn't come back and possibly beat a team that handily lost to the bears

bitch read my fuckin post i said three teams, if he won 1 and lost even one of the next two and missed the playoffs still nobody would have given a gently caress about his 'return' cause its the god drat playoffs

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

its pretty hilarious that packers fans are regarded as the most retarded fanbase when you have people literally jumping through tables and lighting themselves on fire

:incoming ironic post about how dope that is:

There's a significant difference between despair-induced/alcohol fueled insanity and a complete and insufferable lack of perspective due to constant and consistent success.

(I think it's justifiable for Packers fans here to despair over their garbage DC, though there are times some of you need to sit back and think "is this bad because it's actually bad, or do I merely believe it to be bad after twenty years of warped expectations")

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

bitch read my fuckin post i said three teams, if he won 1 and lost even one of the next two and missed the playoffs still nobody would have given a gently caress about his 'return' cause its the god drat playoffs

if he'd beaten the Panthers the NFL would've assured the Packers won out and made the playoffs

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

There's a significant difference between despair-induced/alcohol fueled insanity and a complete and insufferable lack of perspective due to constant and consistent success.

(I think it's justifiable for Packers fans here to despair over their garbage DC, though there are times some of you need to sit back and think "is this bad because it's actually bad, or do I merely believe it to be bad after twenty years of warped expectations")

This is exactly the problem, though. This unbelievably annoying response when we try to discuss anything constructive or insightful about the state of affairs. I think it's because the bandwagon white-noise posters ruin it with their lovely posts and end up making us sound like whiners when we try to convey just how bad it actually is.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Reddit is better for football stuff atm lmao

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I mean heck if you guys hate us so much quarantine us to our own thread

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Reddit is better for football stuff atm lmao

:thunk:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

This is exactly the problem, though. This unbelievably annoying response when we try to discuss anything constructive or insightful about the state of affairs. I think it's because the bandwagon white-noise posters ruin it with their lovely posts and end up making us sound like whiners when we try to convey just how bad it actually is.

fire dom capers over and over for 6 straight years wow so insightful

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
you literally just proved my point in that post lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

its pretty hilarious that packers fans are regarded as the most retarded fanbase when you have people literally jumping through tables and lighting themselves on fire

Anyone who legit thinks packers fans are the most retarded fanbase has never met a Raiders fan

I'll take my silver medal, thanks

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

you’ve been melting down for the past 3 days dude. take a posting break.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Henchman of Santa posted:

Probably an all timer for the regular season, at least for an individual game. 2013 is probably the worst overall because the division was handed to us on a silver platter. The last game of 2000 where Stoney Case lost a QB battle to Shane Matthews and Paul Edinger knocked us out on Christmas Eve (I think) is also up there.

i was at that stoney case game and everyone in my section was like "there's no loving way edinger hits this field goal" since it was something like 54 yards and he wasnt known for their leg strength, but i knew in my heart what was going to happen.

stoney case loving sucked, it was one of the few times it actually made sense for the fans to be clamoring for charlie batch

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

carry on then posted:

you’ve been melting down for the past 3 days dude. take a posting break.

I can't leave the thread to JUSt be people who post things like "Butt. Hurt" though :thonk:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Charlie Batch is literally the 2nd best Lions quarterback of the modern era

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

I can't leave the thread to JUSt be people who post things like "Butt. Hurt" though :thonk:

Is there something you are trying us tell us mang

Is this is a cry for help

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

MikeCrotch posted:

Is there something you are trying us tell us mang

That Dom Capers is a bad defensive coordinator and he should feel bad

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

oh my god

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

MikeCrotch posted:

Is this is a cry for help

i need help figuring out why i keep posting here

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if charlie batch had went to usc or something people would have been stanning for mike mcmahon (even more than they already did) instead

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i saw a charlie batch jersey in the wild in northeastern wisconsin recently. it was like a bigfoot sighting or something. eerie, almost.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Stafford
Batch
Orlovsky
Kitna
Hill
Stanton
Garcia (not his fault)
McMahon
Culpepper
Detmer
Harrington
Case

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Hey man, if you can find the mythical Football forum where NFCN fans don't have giant chips on their shoulders about the Packers/Rodgers, let me know. SA is by far the best in that regard I've found.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
For Christmas everyone say something nice about the Packers, I'll start:

They never deflated footballs

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
the white noise posters are bad sure but its the brown noise posters I really cannot abide

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Athanatos posted:

For Christmas everyone say something nice about the Packers

they're not the Patriots boom list over

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Athanatos posted:

Listening to clips from their vent lines after a loss (or close win) is hilarious.

Also in not-packers neat stuff:

https://twitter.com/NFL_Stats/status/942804226803105798

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Play posted:

Apropos of mic'd up and this thread, this Brett Favre one had me laughing pretty drat hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxfnWLRGka0

“Hey, you got any left handed footballs in there?”

Bahahaha

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

it was a joke, sorry.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Play posted:

Apropos of mic'd up and this thread, this Brett Favre one had me laughing pretty drat hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxfnWLRGka0

this link is violence

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

IcePhoenix posted:

Listening to clips from their vent lines after a loss (or close win) is hilarious.

Also in not-packers neat stuff:

https://twitter.com/NFL_Stats/status/942804226803105798

Gooooot drat

Post that in the main thread so fans can try and defend why their WR got owned by Rhodes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Stafford
Batch
Orlovsky
Kitna
Hill
Stanton
Garcia (not his fault)
McMahon
Culpepper
Detmer
Harrington
Case

I think Kitna was better than Batch and Orlovsky. And even Joey was better than Detmer (who threw 7 picks against the Browns), dying Culpepper or McMahon. Orlovsky should be near the bottom.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 20, 2017

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, if you're ranking McMahon above Joey I'm just going to assume you don't actually remember what the Lions looked like before Harrington took over for McMahon.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Athanatos posted:

They never deflated footballs

Their fans are fun to get drunk with as long as you don't take everything they say about football super seriously. In fact I don't think there's another nfl fanbase I'd rather drink with. Vikings fans seem to have a lot of angry drunks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1.) it will be forgotten very quickly
2.) nobody with half a brain thought this packers team could beat three better teams, two definite playoff teams, in three weeks after a rusty Rodgers comes back

How dare you accuse CJ2 of not having half a brain. :v:

MikeCrotch posted:

Football is going to have to get rid of the pads and helmets eventually and go to rugby style tackling, people should be talking about that now and funding those semi-pro padless leagues to prove its viable.

But lol nah, the owners are making too much money right this split second, therefore they will always be making that much money forever. Until one day they aren't because people don't want to watch terrible quality football where everyone is brain damaged or injured.

This sport is frustrating sometimes, shall we say

Don't worry, Vince McMahon and Donald Trump's No Blacks Football League will fix everything, somehow.

(if you think the NFL's level of play right now sucks oh boy just wait for that)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/show_case29/status/943321233726124034

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

So, what you are trying to say is...

Fire Capers?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Detroit_Dogg posted:

*carefully crunches numbers, double-checks, triple-checks*
sweet god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

We've had one or two down seasons in the last 25 years. You're in a thread with fans of 3 teams that have won a combined one Super Bowl between them, and have suffered far more horrific losses than any of our fluky poo poo like the Fail Mary, Seattle choke, SB against Denver, 4th and 26, the Jerry Rice non-fumble, or the 2011 postseason. For every one of those awful times they've had far worse. Yeah, we've missed out on some windows for greatness - we missed out on nabbing Randy Moss because TT was stupid about it, but in Alternate Universe, Favre sticks around until 2010 and we trade Rodgers for a bag of peanuts to some franchise that actually has a defense and goes on to steamroll everyone. We've let FA guys walk that become pro-bowlers. We have Dom Capers. poo poo happens.

If you're posting on a board with fans of other teams, and you're a fan of a team that has had constant success, complaining is going to be met by the Four Yorkshiremen-style takedowns. It happens to Pats fans, Steelers fans, etc. - it's a part of it. Part of all sports. Literally every division in the NFL has a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl. It's not like Wisconsinites can't do the same with other sports. gently caress, I do it all the time in baseball or basketball arguments. And we don't even have a pro hockey team. You know how easy and cathartic it is to go poo poo on a Cubs fan who's whining because they didn't win back-to-back world series, when the Brewers churn through their regular cycle of 'come close, fail, trade away talent, give you hope for next year with Young Development'? It's the same thing.

You know how awesome it would be to have people making GBS threads on Brewers posters complaining because our 5th consecutive WS title wasn't a sweep?

Let 'em taunt, let 'em give you poo poo - it means your team is actually doing something. It's when they get quiet that you know your team is in deep poo poo.

• Locked thread