Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Gonna be a hoot when democrats are back in power and suddenly republicans remember how much they care about the deficit

Especially since it'll work since voters have the memory of a goldfish

That's ridiculous. The republicans will care about the defecit a ton next year when they're slashing entitlement programs.

When the democrats are back in power, they'll suddenly not have the votes to rescind these changes since their hands are tied by the rules only they follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Hey did you call Cox yet

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
gdi Intruder

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/943555934382682113

:lol: If Lavar Ball ends up killing the NCAA

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

That's ridiculous. The republicans will care about the defecit a ton next year when they're slashing entitlement programs.

When the democrats are back in power, they'll suddenly not have the votes to rescind these changes since their hands are tied by the rules only they follow.

The currency after the government implodes is political capital and righteous speeches. Dems are playing the long game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This owns I love you Lavar

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

Apparently Ryan is already talking about the cuts so they won't even wait a day.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

To fight a monster, you must use a monster

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lavar couldn't even mail out LeBatard's shoes correctly,

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

CharlestheHammer posted:

Apparently Ryan is already talking about the cuts so they won't even wait a day.

I mean, he has been dreaming of finally killing off the remnants New Deal since he was in college, so this is nothing new

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, he has been dreaming of finally killing off the remnants New Deal since he was in college, so this is nothing new

Well yeah but most thought it would take some time, not immediately.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Any updates with Cox?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well yeah but most thought it would take some time, not immediately.

https://twitter.com/JStein_Wonkblog/status/943557305936773121

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Waiting on word from Cox

Please advise.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just want to touch base on the Cox situation

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

Who spells their name Johnathan anyway?

Cool kids spell it Jonathon :smug:

do people go by Thon like they do Topher

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

hifi posted:

do people go by Thon like they do Topher

If I ever met somebody that did I'd punch him in the face and tell him to stop making a mockery of our name.

Unless your screen name was Grand Admiral Thon then I"d tell him EU was trash

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

Only sports that involve kicking. That's how he got suckered into paying to watch Mayweather/McGrergor.

Oh God I just discovered Mayweather is acting like he's going to do a UFC fight.

I’ve done martial arts for a really long time. I’ve referenced it a few times here, and Cord even has a pic of me from the tournament days lol

$100 is a lot if its you and a friend, i get that. I had a good amount of people over so i chalked it up as entertainment. Plus... Well worth it for McGregors nasty footwork alone!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i got some good hot dogs but the problem is you cant really grill them like regular sausage and they burst in the microwave

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

Just want to touch base on the Cox situation

I always suspected that about you

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We are supposed to do early Christmas with my wife's extended family friday at her aunts house.

Her aunt declared today she won't be cooking and we need to do it, despite all of us being 2 hours away from her :wtf:

Also she does literally nothing all day but cash alimony checks of like 15k/mo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

hifi posted:

i got some good hot dogs but the problem is you cant really grill them like regular sausage and they burst in the microwave

Make small cuts into them and the hot dogs won't burst

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

I always suspected that about you

Touching base on Cox is basically all I do

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Make small cuts into them and the hot dogs won't burst
When my mom used to boil hot dogs for my brother and I as kids she would cut a long slit into each of them from end to end before dropping them into the water

That's my hot dog story, thanks for reading

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

We are supposed to do early Christmas with my wife's extended family friday at her aunts house.

Her aunt declared today she won't be cooking and we need to do it, despite all of us being 2 hours away from her :wtf:

Also she does literally nothing all day but cash alimony checks of like 15k/mo

Good work if you can get it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

piss tape israel posted:

When my mom used to boil hot dogs for my brother and I as kids

Someone call CPS

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
my mom is out of the country at the moment :D

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Your mom handles weiners like a pro

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder, I have an update for you.

They pushed out the eta another 2 to 3 hours.

Cox is boning me real hard.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I once knew a man named Cox Zucker

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

boiling weiners is ok because you can steam the buns at the same time

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

I once knew a man named Cox Zucker

I used to support a software named Woodcock Johnson

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

He talked about the need to reign in spending via entitlement reform a few weeks back while actively working on a bill that would expand the deficit by over $1.5 trillion. It's amazing how many Trump supporters are going to get a meager tax break in exchange for the tattered safety net being taken out from under them.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Neil Armbong posted:

It's amazing how many Trump supporters are going to get a meager tax break in exchange for the tattered safety net being taken out from under them.

And then vote to re-elect the people who brazenly hosed them over.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I hope this works. The NCAA is straight trash.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Zerilan posted:

And then vote to re-elect the people who brazenly hosed them over.

"Well, they're christians and against abortion, so I can't imagine not voting for them" - far too many americans.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I heard we have a cox issue I got here as soon as I could

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm glad you all made it to the Cox meeting. Before we begin this, can everyone ensure they're on mute?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

seiferguy posted:

I'm glad you all made it to the Cox meeting. Before we begin this, can everyone ensure they're on mute?

*faint sounds of typing and YouTube videos playing in the background*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
*farts* whoa nelly that was a wet one...oh shi-

• Locked thread