Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

That thing looks like a kit-bashed W40K tank. I get the vibe of a dumb overpriced Rhino-variant that's gonna blow up as soon as some shmuck points a lascannon at it. lovely armor, twin-linked main gun and fully kitted out with dumb upgrades.

I actually don't mind dumb sci-fi tanks. Pretty much everything in sci-fi is dumb if you think it through. But nothing in sci-fi is as dumb as the price tag on the super-ultra-deluxe-please-take-my-money version of that "pledge" tank.

This is my cat in her younger years:

PederP fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Because its the part(s) they haven't monetized yet.

I think this is the correct answer. SQ42 is going to be P2W.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tank Boy Ken posted:

It would be right at home in Elite!

:vince:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

quote:

Seriously, this is taking the piss a little. With a basic option being $95 going up to $725. CIG, seriously, GTFO.

Again, I will reiterate. Backers should avoid pumping more money into Star Citizen. With the Crytek legal case looming and CIG trying to entice players with new “features” such as the non-existant land acquisition, reveals like this stink of desperation. If there is one thing that can save CIG it’s Squadron 42 but even then that’s a long shot as we have no idea how far out it is. Perhaps CIG will astound us this week with some actual news on how that’s going.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

So why are they all the sudden really pushing the part of the game that no citizen really wants?
Ya, real big mystery there.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

Absolutely nothing has acknowledged the existence of mbt's in SC in the history of SC.

Especially not tanks shaped like door wedges, or cheese wedges, or wheel chocks.

I personally can't wait for CIG to start selling water/liquid borne craft, much like 20th century battleships, cruisers, frigates, destroyers etc, maybe they'll even come up with some sort of cigar shaped ship that can dive below the liquid and remain there for a substantial time, none of these things have ever been done before in a game.

I'm actually laughing so hard and frequently @ CIG that I'm finding it difficult to form readable sentances. :D

your correct the tanks in concept image are IFV's

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Dark Off posted:

The tank is CV 90 btw.

Good spot tank nerd.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Yellow Bird taxxing this page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Dusty Lens posted:

Good spot tank nerd.

Yup, he nailed it. That's the tank. Clearly designed for frontal defense, in a space ship game.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I'm the plethora of uses a tank has in a space game consisting of gigantic flat uninhabited planets.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens posted:

Popped "space tank deviantart" into google and had this thrown at me:

Worm-bot was NOT a joke.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm naming my band the "Be Leavers"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

PederP posted:

That thing looks like a kit-bashed W40K tank. I get the vibe of a dumb overpriced Rhino-variant that's gonna blow up as soon as some shmuck points a lascannon at it. lovely armor, twin-linked main gun and fully kitted out with dumb upgrades.

I actually don't mind dumb sci-fi tanks. Pretty much everything in sci-fi is dumb if you think it through. But nothing in sci-fi is as dumb as the price tag on the super-ultra-deluxe-please-take-my-money version of that "pledge" tank.

Or maybe its a knock-off Command and Conquer Predator tank!

The possibilities are endless when you steal from others!

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

Good spot tank nerd.

cv 90 also has toilet. So its basically perfect archer for CIG

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Abuminable posted:

Sandi, after receiving word there will be no more limited-edition Mercedes, no more Monaco, no more business class:

CryEngine

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
They didn't even wait until they had a city in the game before introducing tanks.

Please pledge.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

SoftNum posted:

Soooooo CIG is saving PC gaming by creating (yet another) first person shooter with a single player focus?

EDIT: Why aren't the more sane citizens angry about CIG wasting their money on big name actors for a single player FPS?

The "more sane" citizens are ritualistically ejected from the community in periodic purity hunts because Reddit is for corporate serfs.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tanks are already basically useless on the modern battlefield so it makes sense they they would still be using them 500 years in the future.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

SoftNum posted:

Because it's loving dead easy to make a single player FPS.

And yet here we are 7 years later with no single player game in sight.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The possibilities are endless when you steal from others!

If that were true, we'd have the game by now.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
That was only a teaser. It's going to get worse.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

loving space tanks.

There is no actual limit to what Crupercalifragilisticexpialidociobberts will sell now that he's realized the scam is wide open. Tanks? Bikes? Planes? Land sticks? gently caress it, there's no game, so there are no limits! Weather balloons! Why not be a space meteorologist, with your Weather Van telling commandos when it's safe to mine precious minerals? Space Cherry Pickers to repair Space Things at the tops of poles your tank can't reach! Underground bunkers! Your own asteroid! 1/4 of the rings around a ringed planet! (Rings not guaranteed to not jitter.) There is no logical boundary here - everything you can imagine can now be sold. Crincredibleedibleeggobberts has distilled his backer base into the purest walking wallets ever seen.

https://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-now-selling-tanks

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/943572529658171394

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Dark Off posted:

your correct the tanks in concept image are IFV's

Absolutely nothing has acknowledged the existence of IFVs in SC in the history of SC.

Especially not Infantry fighting vehicles shaped like door wedges, or cheese wedges, or wheel chocks.

I personally can't wait for CIG to start selling water/liquid borne craft, much like 20th century battleships, cruisers, frigates, destroyers etc, maybe they'll even come up with some sort of cigar shaped ship that can dive below the liquid and remain there for a substantial time, none of these things have ever been done before in a game.

I'm actually laughing so hard and frequently @ CIG that I'm finding it difficult to form readable sentances.

:D

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Scruffpuff posted:

If that were true, we'd have the game by now.

Chris tried to steal more code from whatever available Star Wars titles were out but when he got to EA he was frostbitten.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Dark Off posted:

The tank is CV 90 btw.

all of those tanks are CV 90.

(not all tanks were same in the CIG concept image due to gently caress ups in photoshopping the tanks in)

there is even future concept version for bulldozer

This is an affront to the entire nation. :sweden:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I honestly can't even think of some stupid imaginary sci-fi technobabble that they could create to make a tank worthwhile.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Dark Off posted:

cv 90 also has toilet. So its basically perfect archer for CIG

lol

thatguy posted:

I honestly can't even think of some stupid imaginary sci-fi technobabble that they could create to make a tank worthwhile.

I seriously want a $100 space tank to be added to a game full of hover spaceships that can just float over it while shooting down.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

i'll bet there's tanks in the july blog

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Scruffpuff posted:

Can the tank drive up a ramp without exploding?

Of course not. Ramps are the apex predator in the 'verse.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 20, 2017

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

loving space tanks.

There is no actual limit to what Crupercalifragilisticexpialidociobberts will sell now that he's realized the scam is wide open. Tanks? Bikes? Planes? Land sticks? gently caress it, there's no game, so there are no limits! Weather balloons! Why not be a space meteorologist, with your Weather Van telling commandos when it's safe to mine precious minerals? Space Cherry Pickers to repair Space Things at the tops of poles your tank can't reach! Underground bunkers! Your own asteroid! 1/4 of the rings around a ringed planet! (Rings not guaranteed to not jitter.) There is no logical boundary here - everything you can imagine can now be sold. Crincredibleedibleeggobberts has distilled his backer base into the purest walking wallets ever seen.

Watch ships/subs/amphibious next

As long as there are suckers ready to part with their money or the FTC remains twiddling its thumbs.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

i'm glad money is still alive

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Blink, drat your eyes, blink!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
What's enrapturing me about space tanks is that it automatically implies an entire game style that hasn't even been hinted at existing until now. Heavily-armored siege ground vehicles implies so many goddamed complimentary mechanics it boggles the mind.

gently caress, World of Tanks is ONLY about tanks, and it's an entire standalone game. There were old 90s games that were only about ONE tank.

So now we have to put in siege weapons, anti-tank artillery, fortified structures, and basically the entirety of Planetside with a side-order of Command and Conquer somehow crowbarred into this travesty that was, at one point in the distant past, a space game.

I'm sure everything will be very well-considered, planned, and thought-out from every angle just like everything else in this shitpile.

Anyone still falling for this poo poo deserves everything they get.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Scruffpuff posted:

My "Inner Voice" is telling me Chris Roberts is an inept autist.

Crobberts' inner voice, "He who can Archer a thing can sell a thing"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Taintrunner posted:

space tank is basically from arma give or take

Actually if you look closely, you'll notice that the tank from Arma isn't covered in shot traps and doesn't have an off-center gun

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

What's enrapturing me about space tanks is that it automatically implies an entire game style that hasn't even been hinted at existing until now.

What's even better is that it's just a repeat of the first time they did this with the Constellation commercial back in 2014.

After a certain number of iterations you just about have to clear CIG of any wrongdoings and just admit the money was laying around for anyone to come by and scoop up.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Scruffpuff posted:

I have the same thought whenever anyone reminds me of any game.

One of the best parts about Star Citizen is how much it makes me appreciate all of the real, working games that actually exist and can be played right now

Also MAX ruled, and still does

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

big nipples big life posted:

Tanks are already basically useless on the modern battlefield so it makes sense they they would still be using them 500 years in the future.

Tanks aren't for battlefields they're for crushing peasant uprisings in 3rd world countries where 1st world resources are stuck under their sand and they still work rather well for it

e: in SC they don't make a lick of sense, but that doesn't matter because they make dollars

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 20, 2017