Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

wandler20 posted:

Kentucky signed a kicker named Chance Poore.

He challenges Texas kicker Cameron Dicker aka Dicker the kicker for best kicking name.

And Maryland apparently signed a kicker who can kick with either leg.

Tech had a guy once named Keith Toogood. He wasn't too good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

wandler20 posted:

Kentucky signed a kicker named Chance Poore.

He challenges Texas kicker Cameron Dicker aka Dicker the kicker for best kicking name.

And Maryland apparently signed a kicker who can kick with either leg.

Chris Blewitt for Pitt was another good one. Unfortunately for GT, he rarely blew it.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Cox to UGA eat poo poo Saban

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TheGreyGhost posted:

Missing on Carman sucks, but I can't say I'm shocked when he's been pretty adamant about hating the idea of people assuming he's an OSU lock. He's not the best personality fit with Urban, but he seems like he'd be a perfect fit with Dabo. Losing Jones was honestly expected at this point, and Baldwin is basically the ideal off-year QB for us, where he's at worst a competent game manager that can backup a Haskins/Martell type comfortably. Woodbey would suck to lose, but we've got enough DBs on the roster. I don't get the scout-types melting down about losing 3 guys, when the roster is stacked at those positions already.

He’s been dicking around with OSU for a while. I’m not in the least bit surprised and I’m not that hurt about it tbh.

Woodbey is the one that’s worried me and I think he’s gone.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
GT signed a dude named Justice Dingle today.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

At this point, I really wonder who UGA is going to target for the February signing day. I think folks were saying that we were going to be looking for 22-23 total players to sign and it seems like we hit all the big spots, maybe another WR or two? Another TE?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Austin Peay
@ South Carolina
Middle Tennessee State
@ Missouri
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
@ LSU
Florida @ Jacksonville
@ Kentucky
Auburn
UMass
Georgia Tech

No offense to the best of the opponents, but UGA's schedule for 2018 is kind of a joke. Not all of these guys will contribute, but the Dawgs are gonna be killing teams all year.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 20, 2017

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

KKKLIP ART posted:

At this point, I really wonder who UGA is going to target for the February signing day. I think folks were saying that we were going to be looking for 22-23 total players to sign and it seems like we hit all the big spots, maybe another WR or two? Another TE?

Luke Ford
Nadab Joseph (Bama commit, supposedly was leaning Georgia but got cold feet today)
Quay Walker (Bama commit, may be signing today)

E: WR may be a little thin, but help is on the way with the 2019 class potentially with 5* Jadon Haselwood and 5* Dominick Blaylock.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

KJ Henry choose Clemson :toot:

4 of the 247 composite top 10

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

D.N. Nation posted:

UGA's schedule for 2018 is kind of a joke.

That out of conference scheduling is some weak poo poo. Those teams don't stand a chance.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/coachdanmullen/status/943607559772098561

Sweet, the transfer is done

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

If Jim McElwain had stayed on at Florida, I have to think that this year's recruiting class would have been a complete and total bust.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

lamentable dustman posted:

Carman picked Clemson :toot:

Could be, was just going from memory on the whole thing.

He asked if he could tour the Gameday set which is not a violation, he then took photos with Herbstreit and Eddie George because they are alumni which is also not normally a violation but since they are members of the media it became one. What I’m saying is all of these rules are really dumb.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LLCoolJD posted:

If Jim McElwain had stayed on at Florida, I have to think that this year's recruiting class would have been a complete and total bust.

In terms of rankings, we were headed for a top 5 class. But none of that matters because everything else was such a mess.

All of our players were apparently weak, out of shape and underdeveloped weeeeeee!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

He was recruiting well but I think there was a feeling the class would collapse considering how loving awful the team looked.

Besides, a top 15 class under Mullen is way more desirable than a top 5 w Mac.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
That dude that was begging for twitter followers for his recruitment picked Tennessee

that was definitely a first

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

He was recruiting well but I think there was a feeling the class would collapse considering how loving awful the team looked.

Ehud posted:

In terms of rankings, we were headed for a top 5 class. But none of that matters because everything else was such a mess.

All of our players were apparently weak, out of shape and underdeveloped weeeeeee!

:vince: I had no idea he was doing that well. At any rate, all the talent on the planet would not have saved that coaching staff.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Seminole Legend Dalvin Cook flipped from Florida after 4-8. Yeah, Mac's class would've been picked off.

divx
Aug 21, 2005

Pandanaut posted:

Luke Ford
Nadab Joseph (Bama commit, supposedly was leaning Georgia but got cold feet today)
Quay Walker (Bama commit, may be signing today)

E: WR may be a little thin, but help is on the way with the 2019 class potentially with 5* Jadon Haselwood and 5* Dominick Blaylock.

Kirby said the priorities were a TE, a DB, and a WR. I think we'll end up with Ford, one of Quay Walker or Channing Tindall, Tommy Bush, and a CB (maybe Nadab Joseph).

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/RadiNabulsi/status/943625331797319680

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Georgia bag men showing up today, guys

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
With the addition of Anthony Cook, Texas now has maybe its most insane DB class ever. #1, #3 and #6 safeties, #5 and #6 corners.

We've got 7 of the top 10 in-state players. A&M has one, the other two are uncommitted. Obviously circumstances worked in our favor with Baylor's fall and the transition year at A&M, but we fought off OU for a bunch of these guys, and a couple out-of-state guys too. Herman can recruit.

Now we need to use pretty much every remaining spot on linemen.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT has a top 15 class :stare:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

:vince: I had no idea he was doing that well. At any rate, all the talent on the planet would not have saved that coaching staff.

Yeah the class was really rolling. But you’re right:

A) UF conditioning under Mac is the worse id ever seen and
B) I have a feeling Mac would’ve retained Nuss no matter what. He’s that arrogant.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

With the addition of Anthony Cook, Texas now has maybe its most insane DB class ever. #1, #3 and #6 safeties, #5 and #6 corners.

We've got 7 of the top 10 in-state players. A&M has one, the other two are uncommitted. Obviously circumstances worked in our favor with Baylor's fall and the transition year at A&M, but we fought off OU for a bunch of these guys, and a couple out-of-state guys too. Herman can recruit.

Now we need to use pretty much every remaining spot on linemen.

yeah its real good

otoh the obvious joke is, finally texas has a good recruiting class, this should do it

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Do you think Saban is mad at Kirby or is it a game recognize game type thing

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

South Carolina's class is currently 16th, which is pretty dang good! If it holds up, I think it'd be our best ranking since 2007.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
https://twitter.com/Kingschan_/status/943643939101343744?s=17

Another Georgia target coming up...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

I don't know much about recruiting but what I'm hearing from the beat writers is apparently in terms of numbers Washington may have our best recruiting class ever, potentially top 10?

Basically Petersen got every guy that he wanted. Every kid that verbally said they were going to UW signed. We got two 4-star QBs, three 4-star WRs, and a bunch of excellent talent across the board. It's ranked 11th by 247 and 13th by rivals. What will put it into the top 10 is if cornerback Kyler Gordon, Washington State's #1 prospect chooses UW over Notre Dame. He's announcing his decision tomorrow. Even if he goes ND, it's a fantastic class.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Tindall to Georgia. Number two player in South Carolina.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/RadiNabulsi/status/943655200308518912

today was stupid in the best way

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

vikingstrike posted:

Georgia bag men showing up today, guys

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

We might be in the running for Quay and Campbell too? I think that is like Kirby just dropping a hot, steaming, duke on Saban's desk if we get those two as well.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

KKKLIP ART posted:

We might be in the running for Quay and Campbell too? I think that is like Kirby just dropping a hot, steaming, duke on Saban's desk if we get those two as well.

Yeah, I think one of them is going to happen some time before Friday. Gonna guess Quay but at this rate it may be both.

I hope the coaching staff has had enough time to also plan for the Rose Bowl.

Juvi
Apr 8, 2003

I AM DOG.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I guess his story was he was solid UCLA until Mora got canned.

And not want to play for the Chipster?

He's from Philly. Could have something to do with it.

Juvi fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 21, 2017

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
https://twitter.com/KirbySmartUGA/status/943656307990593539

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I don’t think I like this thing where UGA is prob going to be good for a long time fuuuuuuhhh

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Glad that recruiting went so well that Coach Pittman turned himself into a Weird Twitter account.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

D.N. Nation posted:

Austin Peay
@ South Carolina
Middle Tennessee State
@ Missouri
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
@ LSU
Florida @ Jacksonville
@ Kentucky
Auburn
UMass
Georgia Tech

No offense to the best of the opponents, but UGA's schedule for 2018 is kind of a joke. Not all of these guys will contribute, but the Dawgs are gonna be killing teams all year.

the SEC East is worse than the Big Ten West

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Regnevelc posted:

the SEC East is worse than the Big Ten West

Not so fast friend

• Locked thread