Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Zzulu posted:

Women should talk less and use they mouths for SUCKING on my HOG

Emotions are for FAGGOTS and COMMIES

actually sf pride is pretty corporate nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Sometimes I really hate when posts like this have no updates because Jesus Christ.

I (F, 35) have reached an impass with my fiance (M, 32) who has no compassion for the fact that my previous partner died unexpectedly.

"Then he went into a pretty standard rant: that he makes $200 and hour, and this man was wasting his time. He owed him xxx amount of money for this delay."

:redflag: :siren: :redflag: :siren: :redflag:

people who talk about how they make $$$/hr and therefore that's what all their time is worth strike me as incredibly up their own rear end. this is just their lovely way of trying to tell everyone your time is more precious than theirs.

if your attitude towards others is "my time is worth so much money" then gently caress you, go back to work, nobody wants your lovely rear end around anyway

The_end
May 17, 2014

Sometimes I really hate when posts like this have no updates because Jesus Christ.

I (F, 35) have reached an impass with my fiance (M, 32) who has no compassion for the fact that my previous partner died unexpectedly.

I would tell her i am going to die of lead poisoning to the brain if she tells me the love of your life died 8 years ago.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah plusblaming her for having sex with a guy who had cancer because it could make her babies defective forever (!?!???)

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

Yeah plusblaming her for having sex with a guy who had cancer because it could make her babies defective forever (!?!???)

"i'm very angry because i don't understand science and have weird ideas about female body autonomy PS I MAKE TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS AND I AM SUING YOU FOR THE TIME IT TOOK FOR ME TO DRUNKENLY INSULT YOU"

The_end
May 17, 2014

Pick posted:

That was my favorite part.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pick posted:

can you imagine the rage if she told him she'd also had sex with a non-white man in the past

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
“That makes you black now!!”

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I like how she cried so hard that her eye explodes and he immediately went to sleep.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
p-pop the keloid

The_end
May 17, 2014

girl pants posted:

p-pop the keloid

It is actually a government tracking device she implanted under his skin while he slept.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The_end posted:

That was my favorite part.

Yeah it’s my favorite part....... of “The Fly”!!!!!!!!!!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I make $200 an hour misunderstanding the central conflict of “The Fly”!!!!!!

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Pick posted:

"I want a man who doesn't care about my dead ex fiancee!"

The monkey's paw shivered and one finger slowly curled inward.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Meatloaf was actually singing about comforting someone over their dead fiance.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
[soft, embarrased voice]

i've never even seen the fly

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fruit on the bottom posted:

Dude is loving a corpse and you’re calling the 30 year old “past her expiration date”?

Unmarried women 30+ have had more cocks waved in her face than the urinals in Yankee stadium.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I went back and read the dead fiancepost and whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is still wiiiiiiiiiiiiiith hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmm I'm losing my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Unmarried women 30+ have had more cocks waved in her face than the urinals in Yankee stadium.

Stop waving dicks in our faces then

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
He wouldn't even press F to pay respects, too much effort.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Look, man, the naked sky giants are just a facet of this world we live in, it's socially inappropriate to bring them up in unrelated conversations just because you're in awe of those massive, cloudfucking boners.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

idk if my wife had a dead former lover i doubt id care about the dead mfer either

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My fwb [27M] said "Maybe I'd fall in love with you if you were more confident" when I [21F] expressed my insecurities to him. Help me explain why that's wrong to say??Dating

quote:

I started dating this guy last year, but we never made our "relationship" official because, despite enjoying spending time together, we're not in love. So we're friends with benefits.

Last night, I was talking to him about some anxiety I've been dealing with at work, and it all came down to the fact that I need to be more confident. That's when he said he might have been in love with me if I were more confident (because confidence is attractive).

That wasn't right to say, was it? It felt manipulative or something, but I couldn't pinpoint the exact reason why you don't say something like that to someone. Can you help me out??

TL;DR: Why is that wrong to say to someone?

lol silly beta doesn't realize that trying to "explain" to an obvious jerk why his actions are jerkish rather than cut contact is further evidence of insecurity

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It's me, the grown rear end adult dude who thinks potential children could be affected by a chemo patient's semen a decade later or something???? Uh wow... :piss:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the dude didnt actually think the dead mans nut could cause retardation a decade later, he was jut being mean

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

listen girl if you want to get tied down with me you better do less yappin and more fuckin

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pick posted:

dude is crazy and off base but it's looking like epigenetics might be a thing

https://undark.org/article/pbb-michigan-epigenetics/

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Blue Raider posted:

the dude didnt actually think the dead mans nut could cause retardation a decade later, he was jut being mean

there's a shitload of people who think vaccines cause autism, i have zero problem accepting that some jackass literally believes that chemotherapy can make your semen toxic and damaging to a woman's reproductive parts

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boner confessor posted:

That’s not how epigenetics work you absolute piece of poo poo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lol that The Fly is in part about the fear of a non viable child, nowadays you people don’t even see that as a dilenna or have any respect for human life. Hell, you do think a keloid I disfiguring as if it’s not your loving personalities you should be loving ashamed of.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
read the article before you get mad

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

boner confessor posted:

oh cool i guess that means it's ok to get drunk and scream at your partner who hosed someone w/ cancer oh wait no your hot take is terrible

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
thread: don't talk about your ex (unless they're dead then you can continue to talk about them years and years later for no reason)

I think of my ex's big ole titties like every second day, that doesn't mean i'm going to talk to my wife about 'memories I had while sleeping'

sometimes people just need to keep poo poo to themselves, you don't need to attentionwhore by sharing every little thing.

get over it lady it's been 8 years

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

maskenfreiheit posted:

oh cool i guess that means it's ok to get drunk and scream at your partner who hosed someone w/ cancer oh wait no your hot take is terrible

i said the dude was crazy and off base :shrug: any emotions you feel about words i didn't actually post is your problem, not mine

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Blue Raider posted:

It’s still a stupid insult so I have no respect for him as a warrior.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my gal and i used to go parking at dead man's nut, it's a swell view

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My fiance [m26] lashed out at my cousin/bridesmaid [f35] for cheating on her husband in a very offensive manner. My [f28] relationship has not been the same with her since and my fiance thinks he did the right thing. I don't. Help?

quote:

My fiance and I have been together for over three years.

My cousin [f35] and I [f28] are best friends. She is one of the most important people in my life and will be a bridesmaid in my wedding in a few months. She unfortunately had an affair earlier this year which caused her and her husband to get a divorce. She is still with the guy she had an affair with. The whole situation was hard on the whole family because we all truly loved her husband and loved them together. Over anyone, my cousin and her ex are the two who suffered the most by going through what they did. My cousin is full of regret and cries daily over what she's done and I think she just finds comfort in still being with the man she had the affair with. We all know what she did was wrong and no one, including her, will argue that. She has to live with her mistakes.

My fiance [m26] took it upon himself 6 months ago, to completely flip out on my cousin and tell her how terrible and "disgusting" she was for what she did. My fiance and I have been together for over 3 years and we were very close with my cousin and her husband. The way my fiance spoke to my cousin was mortifying to me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and wanted it to stop. The fact that he thought he had a right to speak to my family member that way was beyond me. He has let what my cousin did effect my relationship with him and has also ruined my relationship with her. She has said she doesn't even feel that she should be in my wedding now which completely breaks my heart.

My fiance also brought religion into the whole conversation where he was berating her for what she'd done. We do not come from a religious family and he just sounded SO judgemental. He is almost 10 years younger than her and has never been married before. No one thinks he had a right to say the things he did. I firmly believe it was not his place. He thinks that he was trying to "help" her but what he really did was negatively impact my relationship with my cousin, as well as his relationship with her. My fiance refuses to accept her new man into our lives and refuses to let her bring him to the wedding.

I am in a very tough spot. Did my fiance have a right to get so involved in this situation? To speak to her so condescendingly? He acts as if what she did was a deliberate attack on him personally. He seems so hurt by what she did and I think he has less reasoning to feel that way than almost anyone else involved. And I am now getting punished for it. I want to move on and let my cousin be happy. She has been punished enough by our entire family and I want to be her support system but my fiance seems to make that impossible. My fiance and I have been fighting about this for months and can't get on the same page. He thinks he had a right to do what he did and I don't. Any advice would be helpful.

I like the "well, unfortunately my cousin had an affair" as the reason for the divorce, like it was some other act of god which ended her marriage

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Pick posted:

That’s not how epigenetics work you absolute piece of poo poo.

I like this post.

gently caress that guy, sever his stupid $200/hr head. NEXT!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

quote:

By the end I was sobbing so hard that I burst a blood vessel in my eye. He was totally unmoved, rolled over and went to bed. The whole thing seems hopeless. You can't make someone care, you can't force emotions upon them.

I just feel like this is a huge red flag, but I also feel I'm in too deep to dig my way out. I DO NOT want to call off this engagement.

Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

boner confessor posted:

i said the dude was crazy and off base :shrug: any emotions you feel about words i didn't actually post is your problem, not mine

when you qualify "he's crazy and off base" with a big hairy BUT it implies you think that it may have been a justification

also lol if you think i get "emotions" from an internet post. i generate emotions, i don't feel them myself!