Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

got any sevens posted:

who makes these pictures

unpaid intern contests

im just guessing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

is it a short-term tax increase on the poor? i was under the impression it's a middle class/upper class tax cut but a) not much for the poor who don't pay income tax and b) the middle class stuff expires while the upper class stuff doesn't

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

is it a short-term tax increase on the poor? i was under the impression it's a middle class/upper class tax cut but a) not much for the poor who don't pay income tax and b) the middle class stuff expires while the upper class stuff doesn't

besides that, it also reduces or eliminates deductions that could possibly be used by the poor or middle class and creates or increases deductions that can only be used by Job Creators, which takes place immediately rather than 8 years from now

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the bitcoin of weed posted:

besides that, it also reduces or eliminates deductions that could possibly be used by the poor or middle class and creates or increases deductions that can only be used by Job Creators, which takes place immediately rather than 8 years from now

it's literally taking yet another big scoop of the nation's wealth and dumping it into a hole infested with bourgeois millipedes

we've known this since at least the bush tax cuts, at least in my incredibly shallow and rotted out memory banks

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oligarchs are just about done stripping the corpse of America, if we make it to 2027 as a singular nation I would honestly be amazed

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

oligarchs are just about done stripping the corpse of America, if we make it to 2027 as a singular nation I would honestly be amazed

the funny bit is how this is an optimistic take due to global warming

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Taintrunner posted:

Looks like global warming was centered entirely around sinking Canada into the sea.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Imagine living in the Floridian district of Megacity One. :gonk:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

Is one of the triggers "people who touch monitors?"

Cause that's triggering me right now. :argh:

My laptop has a touch screen, I don't see the appeal.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

among other things, its a tax hike on people with kids, people with healthcare expenses, people with education expenses, and people who get other fringe benefits from their jobs

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

they would get assassinated

I mean yes, but come one, if you put that as a poll question, you'd probably get half the population supporting that. Oh also campaign on reannexing Panama.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

WampaLord posted:

Is one of the triggers "people who touch monitors?"

Cause that's triggering me right now. :argh:

The finance industry really is dominated by ghoulish lizardmen who don't understand Human decency.

Keep your talons off the monitor ffs!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

mega city one supremacy

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quadruple cuck posted:

mega city one supremacy

hell freakin yeah gently caress mega city two that's what you get when you doubt the piss tape is real

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

quadruple cuck posted:

mega city one supremacy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbcoOqGKFi8

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

In related story

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/13/security-robots-are-being-used-to-ward-off-san-franciscos-homeless-population/

quote:

Is it worse if a robot instead of a human is used to deter the homeless from setting up camp outside places of business?

One such bot cop recently took over the outside of the San Francisco SPCA, an animal advocacy and pet adoption clinic in the city’s Mission district, to deter homeless people from hanging out there — causing some people to get very upset

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Taintrunner posted:

How the gently caress was Florida incorporated into mega city one?

It should be the ultra cursed earth

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Dreddout posted:

How the gently caress was Florida incorporated into mega city one?

It should be the ultra cursed earth

most of michigan too lol

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I keep seeing this and it's so loving goofy. the robot doesn't seem meant to deter homelessness, it's meant to deter crime. it's just a rolling set of cameras. I don't see how it does anything to bother a person sleeping on the street.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trash Trick posted:

I keep seeing this and it's so loving goofy. the robot doesn't seem meant to deter homelessness, it's meant to deter crime. it's just a rolling set of cameras. I don't see how it does anything to bother a person sleeping on the street.

It broadcasts an incredibly loud wailing noise for the sole purpose of driving off anyone spending more than 30 seconds there.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

It broadcasts an incredibly loud wailing noise for the sole purpose of driving off anyone spending more than 30 seconds there.

Whoa where'd you see this bit? I didn't see it in any of the articles posted thusfar (including the one linked). That's a different matter then, hm.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Trash Trick posted:

it's a friendly neighborhood robot that patrols the parking lot and keeps the homeless sleeping there safe from crime

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
henlo fren, it says when it encounters a homeless, and gives them $ten dollars and a sandwich

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trash Trick posted:

One of these robots committed suicide in DC by falling into a fountain.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trash Trick posted:

Whoa where'd you see this bit? I didn't see it in any of the articles posted thusfar (including the one linked). That's a different matter then, hm.

https://twitter.com/samueldodge/status/939627122561134592

edit: Siri, show me the poo poo of nightmares

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 21, 2017

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

fuckin killer drones man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CO6M2HsoIA

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

This would be cool tech in a humane society, as it stands I can only imagine these things turning into the flying buzzsaws from half-life

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Good thing it's just a massive scam to get that sweet VC cash.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

what the gently caress is this

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it’s hell, and we’re living it baby

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quadruple cuck posted:

mega city one supremacy
east meg one

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Oh i saw this urban hellscape reality in a movie once, you just walk down some stairs and it falls over, becoming harmless.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Minrad posted:

Oh i saw this urban hellscape reality in a movie once, you just walk down some stairs and it falls over, becoming harmless.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/943675129858613248

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

it's going to be wonderful

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

oh for fucks sake

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/943857816267141121

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

how the gently caress is this real

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rex-Goliath posted:

long blockchain > small blockchain, i don't know about you but I'm buyin !

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

Everyone with capital is flush with cash but there's nowhere to invest so you dump your mcduck-sized moneybins into every craze that pops up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Tiberius Christ posted:

Everyone with capital is flush with cash but there's nowhere to invest so you dump your mcduck-sized moneybins into every craze that pops up

this is pretty much the exact scenario that calls for a massive tax hike on upper class/investment/inheritance income but we're doing the exact opposite

they literally have more money than they know what to do with and we're stealing it from sick kids so hedge funders and investors can have dick measuring contests about how much money they can set on fire

Rhesus Pieces fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 21, 2017