Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It could actually very well be you Airborne.

Get someofdat grunt poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Naked Bear posted:

Five months 'til IRR time is up. :toot:

4 months and 29 days til you’re recalled :toot:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
like -7 years left on IRR

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Can’t recall me if I don’t answer

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah, been out of IRR for over four years and I have a 50% rating.

Smdftb

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I never went IRR which means I’m dumb as gently caress for re-enlisting. My first reenlistment was to reclassify MOS. A star MOS. The I specifically reclassified to do.

I was loving clueless.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 26, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Welp

quote:

The pictures were featured in a post on the unit's Facebook page.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/20/us-commandos-train-to-capture-north-korean-nukes.html

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

First, gently caress that link. It gave me one of those unskippable page taking ads.

Second gently caress that PAO. Goddamn dumbasses.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Interesting, considering some training guidance we were given. Not sure why "commando's" is in the title though haha.

What's the weird triangular nods mount that one dude has? I've seen the black, tan and grey pvs-14 mounts and the 2 models PSQ-20 mounts but never seen the triangular mount for 14's.

It's the private with the skedco on the facebook post.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Mustang posted:

Interesting, considering some training guidance we were given. Not sure why "commando's" is in the title though haha.

What's the weird triangular nods mount that one dude has? I've seen the black, tan and grey pvs-14 mounts and the 2 models PSQ-20 mounts but never seen the triangular mount for 14's.

It's the private with the skedco on the facebook post.

I can't make it out from the graininess of the pics, but there are more than a few triangular mounts out there.

https://tnvc.com/shop/category/shrouds/

I have the Norotos universal mount on one of my spare MICH helmets and it's nice and stable, doesn't wobble back and forth like the USGI one. My Ops-Core helmet has a triangle mount as well, and that doesn't wobble either.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
The USGI mount is getting rare here, mostly just Norotos mounts and -20 mounts.

I get to use a -20 and it’s like predator vision. Just gotta pack batteries a bunch.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mustang posted:

Not sure why "commando's" is in the title though haha.

Probably because the article is about a possible raid?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

I love how they call an ABCT "commandos"

Soulex posted:

Second gently caress that PAO. Goddamn dumbasses.

Yes, tell us about how you are smarter than the PAO :allears: Barracks opsec warriors are worse than barracks lawyers.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Yes, tell us about how you are smarter than the PAO :allears: Barracks opsec warriors are worse than barracks lawyers.

All PAO are dumbasses.

Source: I used to be one.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 21, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ipE1slFyM8&t=54s

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
”OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC” yells another soldier on a facebook, when his friend posts a news article of the upcoming Afghanistsn deployment.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vahakyla posted:

”OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaIn7r-uhw

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Those videos are truly awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZyHOXkoqU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I made plenty of commercials but never those.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
OpSec Hamster disagrees with how terrible those videos are.

They can always be worse.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 26, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Posted this in a thread about idiots believing bullshit they shouldn't have believed. Figure you'd guys would want to hear it:

Reminds me of a murder case once.

Soldier goes on a deployment overseas to an out in the middle of nowhere place for a little over a year. Comes home to wife and kids, everything is fine for a little while.

Then, sporadically, over several months weird packages of cut up clothes and items start arriving at the house. Soldier tells his wife: "Ha ha, just a prank. Don't worry about it."

We find the guy dead in his back yard.

If you can't guess he found a lover while overseas and then ran off back to his family. Lover believed all the bullshit lies he told and went nuts when it all collapsed.

Local PD found the lover about a mile off base. Pulled over and ate a bullet.

*extra info for GiP*

It was actually a Marine. It was on some little island outpost. The lover was another Marine. The lover showed up at the house and the wife and kids ran upstairs to hide. The husband ran out the back door to get away. He went left when he should have ran to the right.

The Monk
Mar 11, 2008

Tunnel training is common in SK and warrior strike is a 4-day bn validation exercise that's always centered around counter-wmd, it's just a crappy fox news article.

https://www.stripes.com/news/texas-based-soldiers-test-new-technology-to-clear-tunnels-in-south-korea-1.502868

The actual interesting part is they used a platoon to evaluate a new radio system and the viability of fielding -20s.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Lmao little do they know, I go commando here in Italy too.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
In the last week I’ve learned that a guy I deployed with got arrested for murder and admitted to someone that he has murdered a few other people, my old PL blew his own head off, and one of my team leaders is doing 19 years for raping a 10 year old.

Go army.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Soulex posted:

All PAO are dumbasses.

Source: I used to be one.

:hfive:

Pretty much. Then again, it says in the article they got their information from Yonhap, so the PAO probably didn't speak Korean to overhear a KATUSA talking out his rear end.

Then again, KATUSA PAO probably didn't care, either.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

The Monk posted:

Tunnel training is common in SK and warrior strike is a 4-day bn validation exercise that's always centered around counter-wmd, it's just a crappy fox news article.

https://www.stripes.com/news/texas-based-soldiers-test-new-technology-to-clear-tunnels-in-south-korea-1.502868

The actual interesting part is they used a platoon to evaluate a new radio system and the viability of fielding -20s.

Wait, not everyone has 20s yet? :psyduck:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Cravius posted:

Wait, not everyone has 20s yet? :psyduck:

My last unit was still using PVS-7s.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

We just eat a bunch of carrots at my unit.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

A Bad Poster posted:

My last unit was still using PVS-7s.

I've never even seen a pair of 7s. Even my ARNG MICO had PVS-14s.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I’ve seen 5s in an arms room. This was ten years ago, and in reality the unit used a mix of 7s and 14s. The 5s were just awaiting turn-in.

Also some crew serve night-sight the size of like a watermelon.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

DoktorLoken posted:

I've never even seen a pair of 7s. Even my ARNG MICO had PVS-14s.

We also had a few PEQ-2s. Every once in a while I'd threaten someone with putting it on their rifle. Usually they'd respond with something along the lines of "wait, do you really have those? I haven't seen one in a decade."

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Those big crew serve thermals are hilariously cool despite their clunkiness and need for regular batteries :lol:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Those big crew serve thermals are hilariously cool despite their clunkiness and need for regular batteries :lol:

PAS-13s?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I think so. My pog rear end only briefly interacted with them during our gun truck training at pre mob

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
yes, pas-13s which took double-A batteries. and given the army, they were whatever the battery brand equivalent of skilcraft is.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
....and then burning all those batteries in the burn pit :twisted:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i wish that was funny :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
There's light, medium, and heavy versions of the PAS-13 now. Our Arm's room has an absurd amount of the things.

One of the cooler things about being a scout is all the fancy optics we get to use. I was digging through the arms room a couple months ago and found some ANCIENT mark 7's, they looked like green boxes. I couldn't find anyone that had ever seen or used one before. And of course we have the newer mark 7's, the ones we actually use.

All the double AA's we get are rayovac. Once in a blue moon we get lithium batteries.