Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Go to church and volunteer in the high school youth group. Your age probably wont be an issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sJRkj9DP9Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

LingcodKilla posted:

Go to church and volunteer in the high school youth group. Your age probably wont be an issue.

Minimum age to be a senator is 30, actually.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Woof Blitzer posted:

Showed up to work and got let off after roll call. Happy holidays losers

You got fired 🧐

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mustang posted:

At 30 guess as I keep getting older I'm just going to have to accept the fact that a non insignificant amount of women have a kid or two.

I'm not entirely against the idea but I'm pretty hesitant, especially when you're a few dates in and they're like "oh by the way, I have a kid!". I'd rather know something like that going in.

They do that because throwing it out there on the first date is weird, unless the conversation steers that way. They're doing a normal thing.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That distracted feeling when you’re in a meeting with someone who is wearing a turtleneck underneath a v-neck sweater.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mustang posted:

At 30 guess as I keep getting older I'm just going to have to accept the fact that a non insignificant amount of women have a kid or two.

I'm not entirely against the idea but I'm pretty hesitant, especially when you're a few dates in and they're like "oh by the way, I have a kid!". I'd rather know something like that going in.
Look, if you're 30 and haven't yet managed to cuff yourself to that gorgeous, prime, hot-body who shares your interests and isn't in an unreasonable amount of debt (for whatever reason) it's time to realize that perhaps your princess with the body of Mia Khalifa, an MBA, and her own condo has probably managed to find a man who meets her criteria by now. Good news though: as you get older, members of your cohort will start to come back on the market, having realized that getting married in their early 20s was a mistake. They may come back with kids though.

You may have to be willing to compromise on one or more of these areas:
- Doesn't work out/fat
- Already has kids
- Already has picked out names for kids
- Chihuahua ownership
- Horse ownership
- Grown rear end woman who really loves Disney
- Significant debt
- Primary income is Scentsy
- Really, really in to Tarot/astrology/The Secret

Anyway, good luck out there, I'm v. happy in my forever relationship that cannot ever possibly fall apart or lose luster with a woman who makes more than I do and doesn't want kids.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Godholio posted:

They do that because throwing it out there on the first date is weird, unless the conversation steers that way. They're doing a normal thing.

Idk, saving something that is a complete deal breaker for a lot of people for the third date is kinda lovely. Don’t waste my time.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Don't compromise on horse ownership, it's guaranteed to come with debt and crazy. Just run.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
You can always just ask on the first date if it is that big an issue for you. I'm sure the women would prefer to find out early too, rather than you ghosting them or abruptly severing after the 3rd date.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 21, 2017

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I'm up front about not wanting kids, and that seems like the #1 deal breaker. #2, from the data I've been told, is my height (5'6"). Past that I'm just a total weird goon and I'm basically resigned to wandering the wilderness with Waldo every chance I get.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Just remember that Tom Cruise is a 5'7" turbonerd who was married to Nicole Kidman (5'11").

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

And a millionaire.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Dead Reckoning posted:

- Chihuahua ownership

This is no goddamn lie. My brother had a woman shacking up with him for a few years that was a chihuahua lady, had two. Now he refuses to get a normal size dog and still posts chihuahua memes on facebook because he was exposed for too long and is now an even more broken person than before.

Still just looking for a stoner chick. We have one here at work, but she's 20ish. I don't have the energy for someone that young anymore.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

And a millionaire.
Rat could probably be one too if he sold half his guns.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Just remember that Tom Cruise is a 5'7" turbonerd who was married to Nicole Kidman (5'11").

Oh don't get me wrong, IDGAF about height differences. That's just been the #2 data point for shoot down reasons I've been told.

Relevant to the general topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxRWxHxu7sM

edit to embed video

The Rat fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 22, 2017

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah I’ve had the never wanting kids thing lose me a few cool rear end chicks.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

Rat could probably be one too if he sold half his guns.

Nah my collection is at 75k according to the cost basis column I added to my serial number spreadsheet tracker.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

The Rat posted:

Nah my collection is at 75k according to the cost basis column I added to my serial number spreadsheet tracker.

See, now this is the sort of information one legitimately saves for a 3rd date. Or maybe a 10th.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Oh yeah I keep that under my hat for a while. Don't really want to expose all my weirdness right off the bat :v:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mom told me not to get married before 25 or have kids before 30. Good advice that a whole lot of people either didn't get or ignored.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Dead Reckoning posted:

Look, if you're 30 and haven't yet managed to cuff yourself to that gorgeous, prime, hot-body who shares your interests and isn't in an unreasonable amount of debt (for whatever reason) it's time to realize that perhaps your princess with the body of Mia Khalifa, an MBA, and her own condo

Score, I got most of these down. No condo, little bit of debt and slightly smaller boobs.

Things are looking up!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I dropped the recovering alcoholic bomb on the second date. I figure if they have a problem with it, they can bail early and neither of us waste time.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Rat posted:

I'm up front about not wanting kids, and that seems like the #1 deal breaker. #2, from the data I've been told, is my height (5'6"). Past that I'm just a total weird goon and I'm basically resigned to wandering the wilderness with Waldo every chance I get.

Do first dates at a bar with elevated barstools and get them to like you before you go take a piss and reveal your actual height. Worked for me(married a chick that's 5'10").

Also either date women with kids already or stop expecting a woman to miraculously be single at 30 and not as broken as you are

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

After my first divorce when I went back into the dating scene at 32, I didn’t tell people I was divorced until halfway through the first date depending if things were going good or not. It was just an instant black label for some people to shut me off because they thought I was damaged goods.

However, in a sort of double standard, one girl told me after the first date that she had two kids and that was an instant date killer for me.

Kids are loving forever, a divorce isn’t...especially since I didn’t have kids in my divorce that I’m tied to.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The mother-in-law informed my sheeple wife that the train derailment in DuPont was ACTUALLY a false flag. Obviously it was derailed on purpose because there was a mass cas drill going on in DuPont that day. WAKE UP

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

Do first dates at a bar with elevated barstools and get them to like you before you go take a piss and reveal your actual height. Worked for me(married a chick that's 5'10").

Also either date women with kids already or stop expecting a woman to miraculously be single at 30 and not as broken as you are

I don't drink, and even though I don't care if others do, it tends to make bars weird for that reason.

Also those women are out there, but in the last few years they have better judgement than to go out with me more than a couple times :v:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Everyone I was dating in my 20s social circle was baby crazy so I jumped up 10 years to divorcees and it worked out great. Most of the child raising part was over so it was just going to a few school things and then moving him to college.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Not wanting kids is a hard stop for me, and compromising on major things like that tends to end badly for everyone involved. I'd rather stay single than be in a bad relationship.

E: not to imply that kids are bad for everyone, but they're not for me.

The Rat fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 21, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Ditto on the no kids thing. My sister has one + another on the way, my parents will have to be happy spoiling the gently caress out of them. Luckily I'm with a woman who absolutely doesn't want kids either, we'll just get a couple of big ol' rescue doggos instead.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

I dropped the recovering alcoholic bomb on the second date. I figure if they have a problem with it, they can bail early and neither of us waste time.

I'm normally pretty forthcoming about it too. They normally notice I'm on the soda water and if they ask, I'll tell.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Ready Player One is bad and anyone who thinks it's good should feel bad.

Also gently caress Wil Wheaton

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Having zero desire for kids, alone, is a pretty good reason for me to take care not to gently caress up my relationship. DINK life is pretty good poo poo.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

MA-Horus posted:

Ditto on the no kids thing. My sister has one + another on the way, my parents will have to be happy spoiling the gently caress out of them. Luckily I'm with a woman who absolutely doesn't want kids either, we'll just get a couple of big ol' rescue doggos instead.

MA-Horus posted:

:same:

Also helps my fiance is a vet so our vet bills are stupid cheap.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I've never understood his appeal.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Don't compromise on horse ownership, it's guaranteed to come with debt and crazy. Just run.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You gotta step up your no kids things. I got my balls snipped. Saves a lot of hassle.

Also it isn't too hard to find people in their mid 20s without kids for me, but i'm also not looking for anything serious.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I had a friend demand that my now-wife and I were lying about not wanting kids because we had pets.

Kids: not pets!

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

You gotta step up your no kids things. I got my balls snipped. Saves a lot of hassle.

I keep considering this, but the part that makes me hesitate is the risk of getting that condition where it feels like you got kicked in the nuts when you nut. I know it's probably a tiny risk, but it's still enough to give me pause.

Plus I've gotten down with a woman once in the last four years, so it's not like there's an urgent need for the snip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm a manwhore so it's handy. Seemed like the best course of action.

• Locked thread