Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What if you only draft QBs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If they Browns had traded for Jimmy G he'd be on IR by now.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It really must be so anger inducing as a front office guy to want Jimmy G and just have no shot at getting him Bc you’re handicapped

It’d be like working at a law firm with history of financial misconduct or something. Your best assets wouldn’t dare step foot in your door

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Hockles posted:

Pick the best (wrong) Quarterback at 1, pick a WR at 3. They are both hurt by mid-August.

Has Matt Millen suddenly taken over the Browns?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Browns should sign Kirk Cousins if they can, and then trade the #1 for a bunch of picks, and draft the best non-QB at #3.

Well if they had won 4 games this year and not fired their front office I'd say do that.

As is, they have to get a franchise QB or everyone's loving fired again next year, so just hope your lottery ticket at #1 hits and look at trading #3 down a few spots to get an extra 2nd rounder then package two of them up to get a 3rd 1st rounder and just go ham.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is the Browns OLine good enough to let a QB not die every game?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They're like 10th from the bottom in adjusted sack rate, and that's without Joe Thomas and with a dumbass rookie QB, so they're probably roughly average overall. They're a solid run blocking unit as is. A solidly better line then most #1 picks get to go behind at least.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Browns should sign Kirk Cousins if they can, and then trade the #1 for a bunch of picks, and draft the best non-QB at #3.

Well if they had won 4 games this year and not fired their front office I'd say do that.

As is, they have to get a franchise QB or everyone's loving fired again next year, so just hope your lottery ticket at #1 hits and look at trading #3 down a few spots to get an extra 2nd rounder then package two of them up to get a 3rd 1st rounder and just go ham.

Is there enough money in the world to get Cousins to go to Cleveland?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I kinda hope they do go winless so that parade happens. a few of us are gonna road trip over there and help them celebrate. my most painful browns memory is johnny football just trashing the Niners in San Francisco (IIRC)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Joe going down we don't have much of a replacement for him so there's our weakness. It's an otherwise competent if not above average line that looks bad on paper because Kizer holds the ball for loving ever.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Round 1: Cleveland, Houston
Round 2: Cleveland, Houston, Philadelphia
Round 3: Cleveland
Round 4: Cleveland, Carolina
Round 5: Cleveland, Kansas City
Round 6: Cleveland
Round 7: Cleveland

I cannot possibly understand how the Browns have had such amazing picks and positions in the last 10 years and squandered all of them and destroyed lives and ruined careers. 2 first round picks in the top 5 and also 3 second round picks in 2018.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Browns trade 1 and 5 for Nick Foles, Foles retires after his SB win

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
The Browns draft two great QBs and ruin their careers within a season. Two other teams don't get to draft what would have been their franchise QBs. Because the rest of the NFL gets slightly worse, the Browns get slightly better.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kalli posted:

they have to get a franchise QB or everyone's loving fired again next year

It's going to be great to see Hue go 1-47 or 2-46 and still have people in this forum say it's too early for him to be fired

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

It's going to be great to see Hue go 1-47 or 2-46 and still have people in this forum say it's too early for him to be fired

until he gets the perfect season, it is simply too early to make such decisions

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Browns should turn into the skid and just embrace their awfulness. Release official 0-16 memorabilia, show up at the parade, etc

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He needs the time to install hue jackson guys and that is what he's focusing on. There's no reason for him to be a full-time coach try and go 5-11 or 6-10 a few times and never get the right players for what he wants to do

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gZndxEvFNk

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Everyone watch this right now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jim Tomsula, widely mocked as the worst head coach of the modern era, went 5-11 in one season with San Francisco.

The Browns are 4-42 in three seasons.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

sweet merciful christ, that's really really sad. Like, I get mad when my teams lose. I get mad when they lose a lot. Hell, as a Niners fan, 2005-2010 loving sucked. We started 4th string Cody "Rodeo Champion" Pickett at QB at one point.

But we aren't the Browns. We could NEVER be the Browns. We could eat 1-4 win seasons for like the next decade and never even come close to being the Browns.

The Browns are a black hole in American sports. No other franchise is so goddamn inept and helpless. I feel really bad for the players and the fans both. What can they even do to change it?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That video is depressing and also confirms how the Lions wilt in the National spotlight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This all ends.

NEXT YEAR!!!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

DJExile posted:

yup that video was great.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Oof, that was cruel, especially calling out the Ravens' leaving their history as the Browns in Cleveland as bullshit

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

DJExile posted:

God drat that is harsh. :suspense:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

piss tape israel posted:

Oof, that was cruel, especially calling out the Ravens' leaving their history as the Browns in Cleveland as bullshit

To be fair, everything leading up to and involving that move is bullshit.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Benne posted:

Jim Tomsula, widely mocked as the worst head coach of the modern era, went 5-11 in one season with San Francisco.

The Browns are 4-42 in three seasons.

Tomsula was, at one point, the coach with the highest winning percentage of the 49ers

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Flikken posted:

To be fair, everything leading up to and involving that move is bullshit.
Oh no doubt. gently caress Art Modell

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

GaussianCopula posted:

Tomsula was, at one point, the coach with the highest winning percentage of the 49ers

So was Chip Kelly.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

numbers don't lie

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

razorscooter posted:

numbers don't lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VBmrSvl1MM

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/944255867645460480

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Yeah, I'm so over Hue. Crow probably walks in the offseason and someone gets a pretty decent power back for a cheap contract.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

piss tape israel posted:

Earnest Byner is in the Raven Ring of Honor and it's beyond embarassing.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

If Modell had kept the name, would the Baltimore Browns be the futile team while the Cleveland Cuyahogas won two Super Bowls?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shangri-Law School posted:

If Modell had kept the name, would the Baltimore Browns be the futile team while the Cleveland Cuyahogas won two Super Bowls?

Raiders won a Superbowl after moving, Rams are having their best season in years.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, the secret is leaving a bad situation

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

Raiders won a Superbowl after moving, Rams are having their best season in years.

The funny part is the Rams also won not long after going to St Louis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21830588/the-cleveland-browns-winless-far-season

Good article from the 4 letter network.

"We're closer now than we've ever been." needs to be on a banner at the 0-16 parade.

• Locked thread