Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i wonder how successful the predictable liberal right argument will be in the party room - “well malcolm was a lefty leader and didn’t work, so we need a conservative like dutton to win”

it’s nonsense, but will it fly? we’ll see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Soon, the transformation will be complete.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Schlesische posted:

I think Malcolm will take the LNP to the next election and it will be ScoMo vs someone else (possibly Frydenburg?) who will be the interim leader with Bishop sitting in the back until about a year out from an election when she'll step in and take over and lead them to that later election.

IDK where you’re getting the impression that Julie Bishop would just sit around twiddling her thumbs waiting for her opponents to die off

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Solemn Sloth posted:

IDK where you’re getting the impression that Julie Bishop would just sit around twiddling her thumbs waiting for her opponents to die off
You have to admit, it's a very hardy strategy.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

:golfclap:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
It's working for Bill.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Corner subdivisions are dumb af, our gas meter is listed as an address on one street, our electricity meter is listed as an address on the other street

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

Corner subdivisions are dumb af, our gas meter is listed as an address on one street, our electricity meter is listed as an address on the other street
Yeah, that happens a lot with Telstra and power connections too. It's something I came across a few times during my Telstra days and the explanation I got given is that it's entirely dependent on the street that feeds the service into the property.

Doesn't make it less confusing for customers, though. You'd think they could just go via the council/Aus post address for the property.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Anidav posted:

Man. Imagine being the guy giving the order to backdate overseas SSMs in order to claw back welfare dollars.

It's a weird edge case, if she'd been living with her wife in Oz it would've been recognised by Centrelink anyway, it's just because they were married but her wife lives overseas. There'll be very few more, if any.

You'd think someone at Centrelink public relations would've shut it down by nowhahahhahahahahah.

Recoome posted:

I must be living a parallel universe because VicPol are actually black-clad shoot from the hip stormtrooper wannabes

Aren't Victoria Police like one of the most trusted-by-the-populace police forces in the world for some reason?

Oh, no, wait, that fits, Australians mostly kinda secretly want to live in a dystopian government future.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 22, 2017

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

MikeJF posted:

It's a weird edge case, if she'd been living with her wife in Oz it would've been recognised by Centrelink anyway, it's just because they were married but her wife lives overseas. There'll be very few more, if any.

You'd think someone at Centrelink public relations would've shut it down by nowhahahhahahahahah.

Aren't Victoria Police like one of the most trusted-by-the-populace police forces in the world for some reason?

Oh, no, wait, that fits, Australians mostly kinda secretly want to live in a dystopian government future.

They’re trusted to shoot to kill undesirables like the homeless

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Their Compliance Squads are especially popular

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

cohsae posted:

Scummo is out in the media saying that we should be looking at the GOP tax bill as a sign that we need to lower corporate tax in Australia. Imagine what kind of piece of poo poo you'd have to be to look at what that tax bill is going to do and think yep that's where our country needs to go.
Lol and today he's saying he's going to become the defender of Christianity because he's sick of people making mean jokes. He wants Malcolms job in a big way.

lol what a dumbass. He could have said the same tired bullshit about creating jobs but instead he connected it to Trump. Now everyone knows his plan is rubbish. Australians have a habit of noticing the hosed up poo poo in the US but never drawing the obvious parallels to Australia. They'll notice how poorly PoC are treated in America but ignore the same poo poo when it happens to Indigenous Australians. By deliberately making the comparison to the GOP tax plan they lose this favourable disconnect.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Yeah vicpol's tendency to shoot first ask questions later is renowned even outside of Victoria. Didn't they shoot some goth mid-coitus a couple months ago because he might have had a plastic gun on him at some point?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Don Dongington posted:

Didn't they shoot some goth mid-coitus a couple months ago because he might have had a plastic gun on him at some point?
Good

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Actually no, it was at some swingers party. IIRC both a guy and his partner were shot by police after apparent complaints made about him wielding a "firearm". It was a costume party, too, I believe he went as the Joker.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They thought he was the real joker.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

JBP posted:

They thought he was the real joker.

I do not understand the complaints. Commissioner Gordon keeps this City safe!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
VicPol probably has some amazing amounts of "us vs. them" mentality which, paired with the increasing levels of paramilitarisation of the police services (black uniforms hahah) around Aus makes it a toxic combination

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

CrazyTolradi posted:

Actually no, it was at some swingers party. IIRC both a guy and his partner were shot by police after apparent complaints made about him wielding a "firearm". It was a costume party, too, I believe he went as the Joker.

Also they shot him in the back without warning, despite being repeatedly told by security that there was no gun.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Recoome posted:

VicPol probably has some amazing amounts of "us vs. them" mentality which, paired with the increasing levels of paramilitarisation of the police services (black uniforms hahah) around Aus makes it a toxic combination

Yeah well, Vic pol have to issue you a stop and search or questioning receipt now because they just couldn't stop harassing black people for no reason.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Don Dongington posted:

Soon, the transformation will be complete.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmd8uV7Z2GA

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

There’s live footage of some kind of malformed potato on ABC News and it’s making me nauseous.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

There’s live footage of some kind of malformed potato on ABC News and it’s making me nauseous.
Don't talk about Anidav's dad like that.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Solemn Sloth posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Brutal and underappreciated.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

holy poo poo that took me far too long to get.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Imjust got it too. :stare:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Come on, it's hardlie subtle?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Schlesische posted:

holy poo poo that took me far too long to get.

Just like the claimaints payout

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So the “knives in his backpack” guy arrested yesterday was just a bystander who got picked up for “some reason” I guess?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

So the “knives in his backpack” guy arrested yesterday was just a bystander who got picked up for “some reason” I guess?

Non-compliance

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CrazyTolradi posted:

Come on, it's hardlie subtle?

She's a sugar mummy

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/ch...f614fe81963e69f

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Thanks for the Twitter dickhead fight clickbait.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

News.com.au posted:

According to Unilad...

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
should be named Person Holidays or Season's Person imo

e: gonna be real and say i haven't read and don't intend to read any of these articles, but assuming they're not jokes, the fact that the authoritarian political correctness strawmen are allowing 'christmas' to remain in Person Christmas' name is really the weakest part of the story

bandaid.friend fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Dec 22, 2017

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Recoome posted:

The vague impression I get from new coverage and various other stuff is that the foot-level troops are as reactionary and close-ranked and white-supremacist-high-fiving as any other Australian police force, whereas from the top-down level there's an attempt to root that sort of stuff out. Just one example, from the other day:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/cops-investigate-menace-to-society-gang-after-party-house-trashed-police-pelted-20171220-h085uf.html

quote:

Inspector Allison said the cultural backgrounds of those involved in the violence was irrelevant, after suggestions from residents that youths with African backgrounds were being protected by police.

"This is not about ethnicity, it's not about people's background, it's not about religion, it's about their behaviour, so any conversation that goes on around ethnicity needs to be squashed."

Not something I would imagine hearing in, say, Queensland.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

CrazyTolradi posted:

You have to admit, it's a very hardy strategy.

Did not get enough love imo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Whitlam posted:

Did not get enough love imo.

Nah, the joke was funny, the puns suck.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Solemn Sloth posted:

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Clearly the politically correct solution is a genderless, ageless, raceless, unstoppable robot Santa to judge all of humanity.

• Locked thread