Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

I hope his better idea is a trip to HR

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Didn't this exact thing happened last year in intelligent life already

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's gonna get homeless military guy to do it so he can suffer a violent break after dealing with too many materialistic children who don't understand that there is horror in the world and some of it is caused by your endless desire for plastic tat.

The moral of this Christmas story: PTSD is a oval office.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Breaking Cat News is a delight and also here is this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc5HlWLg3FB/

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Crystal's a good kid. Elvis is a good cat.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Something tells me that Scott Adams has unironically asked that question before.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

shortspecialbus posted:

Cat News or whatever it's called has become one of my favorite comics in this thread. Everything about it is adorable yet not (in my opinion at least) saccharine. Plus I really like kitties.

Also, I've been incredibly slacking on scanning new Moomin. I won't have time for a bit with the holidays, but the thread needs some, so I'll post the other story that I already had scanned up (or saved from a previous thread, I forget.) It's been in the thread before but it's still one of my favorites.

Moomin and the Sea Page 1

Page 2:

Yay, one of my favourite Moomin stories!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2004 Spiderman

The Amazing MJ

Spirit of the Staircase

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Strontium posted:

Imagine an eyeroll so powerful it could be detected from space. That still wouldn't be enough for the "herp derp we're pretending kids are banned from saying/practicing Christian stuff" brigade.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The bolding on "all about you" makes that kinda creepy.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Haifisch posted:

Wallace the Brave

BRUTUS THE REINDEER :rock:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Brutus owns

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Haifisch posted:

Imagine an eyeroll so powerful it could be detected from space. That still wouldn't be enough for the "herp derp we're pretending kids are banned from saying/practicing Christian stuff" brigade.

Just imagine the Tinkersons are such trash they've programmed this belief into their lovely child, who eats it up, because they constantly surround him by Fox News playing 24/7 off panel. The Tinkerson child will grow up to be a fascist obsessed with triggering libs.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Anyone know what's happening here?

Edit: Obviously he's singing something Christmassy(?), and badly (I guess?)?

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Why are they responsible for hiring a Santa for the mall?

F Minus

Mark Trail

Over on the Adventurers Group Facebook page, James Allen and his "fans" are making a big deal about the Maltese Falcon in the safe.

Mary Worth

Yes, now that Wilbur's back, Iris can finally leave the wealthy, young, handsome man.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Yes, now that Wilbur's back, Iris can finally leave the wealthy, young, handsome man.
OK, they're officially self-aware enough that Wilbur's obviously the delusional one for thinking Iris' world revolves around him and his needs, so he won't get her back, right? Right?? :ohdear:

I can't believe I'm this invested in the outcome of a Mary Worth story.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Johnny Walker posted:

Anyone know what's happening here?

Edit: Obviously he's singing something Christmassy(?), and badly (I guess?)?
The title of the strip is "Handbell". Neko is not singing so much as just making his regular Oaaaaa! cat whine. I'm not sure if that's him attempting to sing, or just making noise because he gets to ring the bell.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Darthemed posted:

Today's Garf

This was a good joke in Bone, which I’m sure got it from somewhere else, also.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Haifisch posted:

OK, they're officially self-aware enough that Wilbur's obviously the delusional one for thinking Iris' world revolves around him and his needs, so he won't get her back, right? Right?? :ohdear:

I can't believe I'm this invested in the outcome of a Mary Worth story.

It was so nice that the resolution of the whole "why is Zak doing this" is just "oh, he's just a decent guy who thinks this lady (who is older than him) is attractive and he is interested in her"

And I will be really mad if they make it anything else

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Endless Mike posted:

This was a good joke in Bone, which I’m sure got it from somewhere else, also.

Eh, it's a common cartoon gag. I'm certain I saw it happen in a "Looney Tunes" cartoon or two.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Shugojin posted:

It was so nice that the resolution of the whole "why is Zak doing this" is just "oh, he's just a decent guy who thinks this lady (who is older than him) is attractive and he is interested in her"

And I will be really mad if they make it anything else

Seriously. I don't know why I care but I do very much.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

For those of you who were fretting about all the small print in Skippy recently, you better get a magnifier. (October 23-24, 1930)

Peanuts (December 21-22, 1970)

Dead Lisa Christmas Jamboree!

Crankshaft

He's taking all that to the graveyard, isn't he. :smith:

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 19-20, 1931)

Thimble Theater (July 13-14, 1931)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm... 85% sure I've said this before, but you really need to read Popeye out loud to get how wonderful it is.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I feel like ignoring the current vintage Apartment 3G story has led to me missing some choice insanity—can anybody explain to me what's going on?

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rand Brittain posted:

I feel like ignoring the current vintage Apartment 3G story has led to me missing some choice insanity—can anybody explain to me what's going on?
There's a children's book author who seems to legitimately believe that his stuffed animals talk to him. His wife, who seems to have married him purely for his money, wants him to write another book, but he's decided he can't write any more and wants to be a garbageman instead. He seems to think that getting a job as a garbageman will impress his wife, even though she's made it pretty clear that it won't. Margo, Luann, Tommie and Aristotle like him and are sort of trying to help him out, although Margo's getting a bit sick of him, I think.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Tiggum posted:

There's a children's book author who seems to legitimately believe that his stuffed animals talk to him
So that's what happened to Calvin when he grew up.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Whoa it's like the Walking Dead except there's no zombies and all the characters are small children.

...so not very different than Walking Dead at all, come to think of it...

Tracksuit

Not sure professor's the right word, but nothing else seems to fit.

Geomancers identify good gravesites. Presumably this to insure that departed family spirits are happy and at peace, although this also has the benefit of making sure they don't come back as vengeful ghosts.

Mother From Another Country

The code should translate true, but I only double checked it.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

The Bloop posted:

Until Gilchrist took over, yes.

Now it's mostly saccharine patriotism, disingenuous religiosity, musical pseudo-nostalgia, and tits(but in a bad way)

VIET NAM VET

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

goatface posted:

He's gonna get homeless military guy to do it so he can suffer a violent break after dealing with too many materialistic children who don't understand that there is horror in the world and some of it is caused by your endless desire for plastic tat.

The moral of this Christmas story: PTSD is a oval office.
I'm holding you personally responsible.

Intelligent Life

random Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Fingerpori

-The battles in Northern Iraq continue.
-Here's our correspondent in Kirkuk
-EEEEKKK

Kirkukissa = in Kirkuk

Kirku = Scream
Kissa = Cat

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I briefly had hope that we were about to see Olive Oyl kill again, but it looks like this storyline is just going to continue to go nowhere for a while still.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Strontium posted:

I'm holding you personally responsible.

gently caress.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How the gently caress does Holbrook have three different lovely newspaper comics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I have all seven of the Bloom County collections put out by the Library of American comics, if anybody would be interested. I could start at the beginning.

• Locked thread