Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I should get the snip so we can stop getting meds. But that 1% chance of a fuckup is scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

I've never understood his appeal.

NERD CULTURE
wil wheaton self identifies as a gamer on his okcupid profile, probably.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

I should get the snip so we can stop getting meds. But that 1% chance of a fuckup is scary.

Oral BC has about the same failure rate.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

Idk, saving something that is a complete deal breaker for a lot of people for the third date is kinda lovely. Don’t waste my time.

It's not a deal breaker for normal people, because most normal people have kids by that age.

See:

Dead Reckoning posted:

Look, if you're 30 and haven't yet managed to cuff yourself to that gorgeous, prime, hot-body who shares your interests and isn't in an unreasonable amount of debt (for whatever reason) it's time to realize that perhaps your princess with the body of Mia Khalifa, an MBA, and her own condo has probably managed to find a man who meets her criteria by now.

Edit: Hell, at this point my criteria of
1-More teeth than kids
2-Does not weigh more than I do
appear to be too strict.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 22, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lordy I just noticed people taking me seriously on my hot-take from politicians in current events.

I dated a girl in high school when I had already graduated. We were the equivalent of a Junior/Freshman age gap but were in the same youth group as teens.

Things were different last century. Still together though so yeah.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Oral BC has about the same failure rate.

Less than that by about 2/3 or more if you’re careful.

I’m not saying my lack of snip is rational, but not everyone who uses oral BC is bad at schedules or is with a person who insists on blowing loads inside if something fucks up pill schedule or viability.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

LingcodKilla posted:

Lordy I just noticed people taking me seriously on my hot-take from politicians in current events.

I dated a girl in high school when I had already graduated. We were the equivalent of a Junior/Freshman age gap but were in the same youth group as teens.

Things were different last century. Still together though so yeah.

You mean you were 2-3 years older? No one cares about that, then or now.

I'd be fine with kids. I think I could shepherd a couple humans to adulthood a little less hosed up and stupid than average, and I frequently wish I had kids just to read out loud to (oddly specific I know, but there it is).

I just don't want to start in the next ~5 years.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I don't want kids because I would be a loving terrible parent, but I don't think I had to tell any of you folks that.

I really am trying to contain my damage to screwing up my own life.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 22, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'd like to be a dad some day, but I don't really want to be someone's stepdad.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

I'd like to be a dad some day, but I don't really want to be someone's stepdad.

Eh, my best dad was my stepdad. People who want to be dads and end up stepdads are usually fine unless they're in it for the creepo reasons.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Mustang posted:

At 30 guess as I keep getting older I'm just going to have to accept the fact that a non insignificant amount of women have a kid or two.

I'm not entirely against the idea but I'm pretty hesitant, especially when you're a few dates in and they're like "oh by the way, I have a kid!". I'd rather know something like that going in.

If they didn't address that on the first date that's kind of a really dishonest poo poo thing to do. If you're in a major city there are plenty of 30 something women without kids too; I've been dating an awesome educated 33 year old with no kids, a good job and a really cool pup for the last 3 months.

I'm 34, 5'7" and am about to start the final semester of my undergrad. Although I can't imagine dating with my circumstances if I didn't live in a large city. Be yourself, confident and don't get hung up on stupid poo poo.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 22, 2017

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

When the Uber app shows like 6 drivers in a 3 block radius, but the one that grabs your call is 8 minutes away...

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

When the Uber app shows like 6 drivers in a 3 block radius, but the one that grabs your call is 8 minutes away...

The worst is when some dipshit shoots past your place and takes like 5 blocks to turn around. I almost always cancel out of spite even though waiting for a new driver means my ride will take longer.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

there arent really 6 drivers. uber just puts pretend cars on the map.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So what does it mean when my driver sits parked for ten mintues

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

use lyft

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

So what does it mean when my driver sits parked for ten mintues

If it's like my ride the other night, dude was chilling at his house and didn't notice he had a ride for 10+ minutes past the original 7 minute eta.

But he did have bottled water and snacks, so meh FIVE STARS :classiclol:.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Same. I deleted Uber last March and haven't looked back.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I had a driver once that admitted he fell asleep after accepting my ride when he just sat in one spot for 15 mins

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

DoktorLoken posted:

I've just been told numerous times that they are less poo poo to their drivers so I've always used 'em

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Mustang posted:

I had a driver once that admitted he fell asleep after accepting my ride when he just sat in one spot for 15 mins

15 minutes :wtc:

I'd never wait more than 5 minutes for a ride, if not 2-3 minutes.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
James May used the word fag in reference to a cigarette in tonight’s TGT. Expect for calls to have him be fired tomorrow.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
It was at a weird time and there weren’t any other drivers and we weren’t in a rush anyway, still had a beer to finish at home

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

Yep, deleted Uber a while ago and use Lyft exclusively. I too have heard they treat their drivers better, although here in DC people tend to drive for both Uber and Lyft and alternate depending on what’s getting them more calls.

I’ve also heard some naysayers claim that Lyft is just as bad as Uber but they’re less publicly evil about it. I’m still okay with my choice for that reason alone.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

Yep, deleted Uber a while ago and use Lyft exclusively. I too have heard they treat their drivers better, although here in DC people tend to drive for both Uber and Lyft and alternate depending on what’s getting them more calls.

I’ve also heard some naysayers claim that Lyft is just as bad as Uber but they’re less publicly evil about it. I’m still okay with my choice for that reason alone.

Yeah, dual drivers are the norm in both Milwaukee and Chicago. Some places I've been favor one or the other though.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Uber is a shithole of a company that burns through vc money, drivers and lawsuits at an alarming rate, stop using them and

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Was showing the website to someone and of course this thread was at the top with it’s ridiculous title.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

hey man the title speaks truth

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeah she thought it was funny at least.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lmao

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully it had 'thread killed by I LICK APE PUSSY'

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Stay classy, GiP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnWn9ejNKs

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Costco is now doing same-day grocery delivery in my neighborhood! :woop:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

SAME SAME I CAME posted:

I want this

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

SAME SAME I CAME posted:

Delivery truck better have 1.50 dogs or no deal

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SAME SAME I CAME posted:

Praise be

I love Costco but shopping there is a drat nightmare

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

SAME SAME I CAME posted:

tom thumb has this near me and I have been tempted to do it but I'd rather just go walk to the store tbh

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I haven’t used Uber in months because they stole $8 from me.

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
Thanks for the Focus recommendations in this thread. Wife's WRX was falling apart (tour to Guam didn't help), so we upgraded her to a Escape and I traded the Jeep in and got a ST2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I stepped out the hotel and watched a store get robbed in broad daylight, Illinois lol

• Locked thread