Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Grittybeard posted:

I bought myself a safety razor for Christmas and used it this morning for the first time. Why have I not been using these my whole life? My father should have presented me one when I was born.

(I admit to being a little too much of a wimp to use a straight razor)

Safety razors rule, check out the wet shaving thread in YLLS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am going to cut loose today and eat Chinese food for lunch

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ehud posted:

I am going to cut loose today and eat Chinese food for lunch

Congratulations on your gas.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Blitz7x posted:

I was at Kroger buying a tree a few weeks ago and a guy came up asking employees what the return process for a tree was because his wife didn't think the one he bought smelled enough like a Christmas tree
HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

A Christmas miracle.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lmao crypto

also this dog is me

https://twitter.com/ClintFalin/status/943565113939890176

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Quiet Feet posted:

Congratulations on your gas.

thanks!

phone it in day work update: I decided I will prep a couple of laptops and desktops because we have a bunch of new employees starting at the beginning of the year and I can do this while I watch youtubes

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Dick Enberg just died

:(

https://twitter.com/TMeadAngels/status/944121149146873858

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm visiting my father in a rehab hospital and then going out to a brewery to have a couple of pints and work on my novel.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm visiting my father in a rehab hospital and then going out to a brewery to have a couple of pints and work on my novel.

what's the novel about

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Christmas sales yo. 25% off.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I am enjoying the discussions that you would assume are normal talk like "Yeah this was probably going to happen." "Sell while you can." etc etc. And instead find threads of "It'll go back up! Dont Sell!"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/steven_pifer/st...genumber%3D2385

we have high school adolescents running our government lol

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
In an alternate universe Nimrata “Nikki Haley” Randhawa would be reviewing skin whitening creams on a YouTube channel

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lol people are buying more because it's a dip

Edit: "dip"

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 22, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Lol people are buying more because it's a dip

This is called a dead cat bounce, or a bear trap.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Last week I heard that crypto is going to use as much power as the whole USA in a few years and I went "lol that crash is coming soon"

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
this thread is going to get me to watch a baking show

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Jack Del Huevos posted:

Cooking/baking shows are strangely addicting. I went through a period where I could not stop watching Chopped.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SHOAH NUFF posted:

In an alternate universe Nimrata “Nikki Haley” Randhawa would be reviewing skin whitening creams on a YouTube channel
lol

If you told me that Nikki Haley was actually Caucasian and not the daughter of Punjabi immigrants I would believe it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

wait shes Punjabi holy poo poo what the gently caress

Edit: she was raised Sikh ?!?! :psyduck:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

weird Asian candy posted:

Cooking/baking shows are strangely addicting. I went through a period where I could not stop watching Chopped.

I’m on a Beat Bobby Flay binge right now

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’m on a Beat Bobby Flay binge right now

Another good one. I'm also not proud to admit I went through a Cake Boss period. Dark times :smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Me too. It's called Tuesday

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

wait shes Punjabi holy poo poo what the gently caress

Edit: she was raised Sikh ?!?! :psyduck:
She's more whitewashed than Bobby "Don't call me Piyush" Jindal

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Me too. It's called Tuesday

Nah, I would legit watch a few episodes every night. They would always show like 4 in a row or something and I could not stop watching :stare:

The kid ones are super impressive.

Around the same time I was also HUGE into Man vs Food. I could watch those shows for hours without hesitation.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 22, 2017

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

TIL The Singing Cowboy Gene Autry founded the Angels and was their owner for over 30 years. That's pretty neato.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The kid ones are super impressive.
I love Chopped Junior for this reason. Those kids are extremely talented and it's super adorable when they help each other out :3:

quote:

Around the same time I was also HUGE into Man vs Food. I could watch those shows for hours without hesitation.
Man vs Food, Diners Drive-ins & Dives, any variation of Bizarre Foods, Food Paradise...I swear I exclusively watch food shows on TV outside of sports (though I used to be an L&O addict). I'm a fatty at heart.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Last week I heard that crypto is going to use as much power as the whole USA in a few years and I went "lol that crash is coming soon"

Well last time it crashed it because 10+x higher than ever so it's clearly going to recover and hit 100k next.

I don't know why it's suddenly crashing now but I also don't understand how it spiked so high this year when I know actual trade volume was still really low.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

I love Chopped Junior for this reason. Those kids are extremely talented and it's super adorable when they help each other out :3:
Man vs Food, Diners Drive-ins & Dives, any variation of Bizarre Foods, Food Paradise...I swear I exclusively watch food shows on TV outside of sports (though I used to be an L&O addict). I'm a fatty at heart.

:hellyeah:

Although when the kiddos get chopped and they start crying and trying to be strong it just hits you all in the feels and you want to just crawl through the tv to console them :cry:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zerilan posted:

I don't know why it's suddenly crashing now but I also don't understand how it spiked so high this year when I know actual trade volume was still really low.

I read an article about North Korea hacking a South Korean exchange last night (apparently South Korea really loves their cryto-money so it's a pretty big deal), but I don't know if the hack was that recent or if they just figured out it was North Korea yesterday.

I guess state sponsored thievery might scare some people either way.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Jack Del Huevos posted:

Do it. Its really good.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
From an acquaintance who has invested in crypto:

That hashtag lol

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

piss tape israel posted:

I love Diners Drive-ins & Dives because it usually looks like places I could afford to go to if I was ever driving through any of those areas.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
A 25% overnight drop in value is the sign of a healthy commodity. (I say commodity because that's what it is. Bitcoin is not a currency no matter what it claims.)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
this is good for bitcoin because

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/944241477881823236

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The best response to that is, "so it turns out investing in nothing gets you... nothing."

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Was it coinbase that was basically running an insane margin trading scheme or was that btcfinex?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Jack Del Huevos posted:

I've never enjoyed cooking shows but The Great British Bake Off is not a cooking show. It's English zen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grittybeard posted:

I guess state sponsored thievery might scare some people either way.
I was scared away by the exchanges getting hacked all the time.

MAGIC THE GATHERING ONLINE EXCHANGE

Seems legit.

• Locked thread