Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Happy Holidays everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcxs7XnQjmA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Why is the Cam Newton speech Bomani always does not on YouTube? One of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Russillo's show is ending on the 22nd.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also Morning Roast is coming back, but I think without Clinton Yates.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

Russillo's show is ending on the 22nd.

I am 100% sure he's going to Barstool

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

swickles posted:

Also Morning Roast is coming back, but I think without Clinton Yates.

I loved the Morning Roast and am happy it's coming back, but I think it'd be a shame not to have Clinton help stir things up. I like Domonique and Mina on their part of the Nickle Package, but they don't wind up having the same kind of fun on air as they did with Clinton around.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

lebatard and rob manfred is uncomfortable af

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

Isn't that the point

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Isn't that the point

yeah

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

MLB is probably putting out a memo right now instructing that no one in MLB talk to Le Batard. Good lord was that cringe worthy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Baba Oh Really posted:

MLB is probably putting out a memo right now instructing that no one in MLB talk to Le Batard. Good lord was that cringe worthy.

That was already the case, its just that the sale of the Marlins and Dan making a huge stink basically forced Manfred to come on.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

Is this worth listening to?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
no. it's just the commish huffing and puffing saying he owns a house in south FL so he know the plight of the south fl sports fan and also that the Florida market doesn't make a lot of money through sports with the show ending with Dan telling them the previous owner made over a billion dollars selling it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
golic and wingo is really bad. it's painfully obvious that greenberg was the creative driving force behind mike and mike. i know mike and mike was not particularly well-received around these parts, but i enjoyed it for what it was, a vanilla sports show targeted to people driving to work every morning. this new show is just awful

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

b-minus1 posted:

golic and wingo is really bad. it's painfully obvious that greenberg was the creative driving force behind mike and mike. i know mike and mike was not particularly well-received around these parts, but i enjoyed it for what it was, a vanilla sports show targeted to people driving to work every morning. this new show is just awful

It's sort of incredible how much change ESPN radio has seen over the last year.

Like...they have LeBatard and then a whole bunch of nothing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

It's sort of incredible how much change ESPN radio has seen over the last year.

Like...they have LeBatard and then a whole bunch of nothing.

Yeah.

Before it was Mike and Mike, Cowherd, Lebatard, SVP and Russillo, Bomani

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The original plan was:

6-10: Golic and Wingo
10-1: LeBatard
1-3: Stephen A. Smith
3-6: Russillo and Cain

6-10 feels like a flop so far but I'm assuming people are fine with the new vanilla sports radio, I guess they'll stick with Stephen A. Smith in the 1-3 slot and maybe get a new co-host to do a show with Will Cain from 3-6?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

The original plan was:

6-10: Golic and Wingo
10-1: LeBatard
1-3: Stephen A. Smith
3-6: Russillo and Cain

6-10 feels like a flop so far but I'm assuming people are fine with the new vanilla sports radio, I guess they'll stick with Stephen A. Smith in the 1-3 slot and maybe get a new co-host to do a show with Will Cain from 3-6?
Yeah, Will is staying at 3-6, he said so today with Russillo.

I guess Russillo is leaving because he wants to write for TV shows lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

Yeah, Will is staying at 3-6, he said so today with Russillo.

I guess Russillo is leaving because he wants to write for TV shows lol

Really? Did he say what kind of TV specifically?

I watched the short clip where he said he was going to be working 10 hour days at the ESPN facility with the new schedule. That doesn't count all the other show prep you have to do after hours, appearances on other shows, etc.

Sounds miserable.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

Really? Did he say what kind of TV specifically?

I watched the short clip where he said he was going to be working 10 hour days at the ESPN facility with the new schedule. That doesn't count all the other show prep you have to do after hours, appearances on other shows, etc.

Sounds miserable.

No, but he said that a few years back he had s show pitch that got co-op'd by some people and pitched it all wrong and it's been grinding on him for years

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also I actually think Will Cain is really good on radio, despite disagreeing with everything he says

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Good lord this Manfred interview is uncomfortable

Also lol he just starlight up lied

https://twitter.com/sedanoespn/status/943579090937933829

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

now begins our long, dark break with no LeBatard or Stugotz for a couple of weeks.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/thebiglead/status/944330923847376896

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Waaa, he wouldn't let our guy straight up lie to people!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lol ESPN can't do poo poo to Dan

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Lol ESPN can't do poo poo to Dan

It's funny because they've really been playing up how powerful the show has become. Dan talks about it, they've put it in the imaging...I think they're gonna keep taking bigger risks to see how far they can push the envelope.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ehud posted:

It's funny because they've really been playing up how powerful the show has become. Dan talks about it, they've put it in the imaging...I think they're gonna keep taking bigger risks to see how far they can push the envelope.

Dan does talk about how everyone is replacable and no one follows the personalities to Fox, but if Dan went to some other network I would still tune in.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I would imagine that, if he were to keep working outside of ESPN, that he'd go to a platform where he could charge for access. He's talked in the past about Stern as an ideal model, and that offering content for free has eroded journalism and will eventually erode sports media. I'm wondering if them popping up on Spotify is a test run.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He is friendly with Kornheiser isn't he? Maybe he will move to the podcast with ads model privately.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeBatard show is doing one of those simulcast/megacast things where they're going to watch the national championship, just like the one where they have coaches watching it.

I'm so in.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ehud posted:

i read somewhere that lebatard was untouchable because of how close he is to john skipper

wonder if the new management will feel the same way

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Vertical Lime posted:

i read somewhere that lebatard was untouchable because of how close he is to john skipper

It would be tough for anyone to stand up to LeBatard at this point because his show has become a behemoth.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Ehud posted:

LeBatard show is doing one of those simulcast/megacast things where they're going to watch the national championship, just like the one where they have coaches watching it.

I'm so in.

Yuuup. One screen for the game/simulcast, one screen to see all the joyless chuds get mad online.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ehud posted:

It would be tough for anyone to stand up to LeBatard at this point because his show has become a behemoth.

It would be amusing to see someone try though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

I'm so in.

There's no way Stu stays in South Florida to watch it

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Vertical Lime posted:

funny you say that, there was an article the other day that said Skipper's "substance abuse" problems are actually a cover for Bob Iger to get one of his guys in charge of ESPN: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-andrew-miller-inside-an-espn-presidents-shocking-exit-bob-igers-role-1070918

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Get in am Uber, they ask if I want the radio to any station, I ask for ESPN Radio. He turns to it and the first sound is Dan vomiting.

Please advise.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

Get in am Uber, they ask if I want the radio to any station, I ask for ESPN Radio. He turns to it and the first sound is Dan vomiting.

Please advise.

lol I got into my car for lunch and all I heard was the vomiting

I can't wait to see what led up to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ehud posted:

lol I got into my car for lunch and all I heard was the vomiting

I can't wait to see what led up to it

Earlier in the show, Stugotz said he became an honorary Golic by eating a picture of the Golic family. Then Stugotz got a picture of Dan and Papi and started to eat it. The chewed up spit soaked paper was gross and Dom and Stu were playing it, grossing Dan out completely.