Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Mikedawson posted:

I've been thinking about this for the last few days, so I wanted to bring it up here:

For all it's ups and downs, twentyserpentine feels like the most successful "year theme" in a while. The brothers have improved their lives and Will Be In Trolls 2, the TV show got released, TAZ: Balance ended. Projects of all sorts began and ended and continued. And that's not even beginning to get into the larger scale of things. What have you done to Zag On Em this year?

I improved my life and broke bad habits by finding employment, a learner's permit, and taking better care of myself and my home. Somehow got ahold of an SNES classic despite the odds.

I moved into a better apartment closer to some other friends and dyed my hair blue, so at least that part of 2017 was pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
2017 was a garbage year for me including losing my apartment of 9 years due to landlord fuckery, but i still zagged by not winding up homeless so perhaps the true zag was still mine in the end

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I can forgive Travis for not paying some artists but I’m not sure I can forgive him for listing The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe as one of his top 10
Doctor Who episodes :colbert:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Legs Benedict posted:

2017 was a garbage year for me including losing my apartment of 9 years due to landlord fuckery, but i still zagged by not winding up homeless so perhaps the true zag was still mine in the end

you zagged the system, the greatest zag.

(I'm very sorry)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Organza Quiz posted:

I can forgive Travis for not paying some artists but I’m not sure I can forgive him for listing The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe as one of his top 10
Doctor Who episodes :colbert:

what

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Top ten episodes from 2005 if that helps you.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Tears In A Vial posted:

It doesn't.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tears In A Vial posted:

it does not, 2005 had way more than 10 actually good episodes! I could forgive Travis' mango fetish, but this is too much.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

sexpig by night posted:

it does not, 2005 had way more than 10 actually good episodes! I could forgive Travis' mango fetish, but this is too much.

It's "since 2005".

Which is still insane, Widow and Wardrobe is loving garbage. Literally a first-draft script.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

It's "since 2005".

poo poo you're right, apologies.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DoctorWhat posted:

It's "since 2005".

Which is still insane, Widow and Wardrobe is loving garbage. Literally a first-draft script.

So an average Who episode

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

So an average Who episode

Look.

I know bad Who. My favorite non-Capaldi Doctor never had a good episode on TV, or even an okay one.

Widow and Wardrobe is the only time I've fallen asleep watching an episode of Doctor Who for the first time. It's just loving nothing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

The Modern Leper posted:

I got a soundboard! :haw:

I'm really disappointed he didn't put that pest button on when he went to the bathroom. I doubt the other brothers know how to work that noise machine to make it stop.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Nuebot posted:

I'm really disappointed he didn't put that pest button on when he went to the bathroom. I doubt the other brothers know how to work that noise machine to make it stop.
I mean, they're all separated by thousands of miles, so I suspect they very well couldn't do anything about it, and it would have just been full minutes of ear cancer

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They would just edit it out like the gooshy tapes

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

JT Jag posted:

I mean, they're all separated by thousands of miles, so I suspect they very well couldn't do anything about it, and it would have just been full minutes of ear cancer

The sound of a Skype hangup would've been well worth it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DoctorWhat posted:

Look.

I know bad Who. My favorite non-Capaldi Doctor never had a good episode on TV, or even an okay one.

Widow and Wardrobe is the only time I've fallen asleep watching an episode of Doctor Who for the first time. It's just loving nothing.

It's not like he said he liked Love and Monsters.

At least I hope not.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Soundboard made a cameo in this week's Awful Squad. Also the last Squad until next year.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Zero One posted:

Soundboard made a cameo in this week's Awful Squad. Also the last Squad until next year.

SoundBoard is the best possible 4th brother.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

HEY!

LISTEN!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Mikedawson posted:

I've been thinking about this for the last few days, so I wanted to bring it up here:

For all it's ups and downs, twentyserpentine feels like the most successful "year theme" in a while. The brothers have improved their lives and Will Be In Trolls 2, the TV show got released, TAZ: Balance ended. Projects of all sorts began and ended and continued. And that's not even beginning to get into the larger scale of things. What have you done to Zag On Em this year?

I improved my life and broke bad habits by finding employment, a learner's permit, and taking better care of myself and my home. Somehow got ahold of an SNES classic despite the odds.

On New Years, im comming out to my dad I'm Trans.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I got a real job, moved out of my parents' house to a new city, and have generally been keeping my life on track. I also got two new consoles in one year, all by myself.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I will only consider Twenty Serpentine a success when Griffin and Justin finally have their martial arts showdown

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Looking forward to hearing about the Fushigi scholarship that they are definitely gonna follow up on.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

DoctorWhat posted:

High-five fellow Eighth Doctor fan?

Me, I made it through this year even though it [nearly] killed me. That'll do, self.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Mikedawson posted:

I got used to having a son and functioning on 4 hours of sleep, and we just celebrated his first birthday! I zagged on 'em by finally getting my RPG writing and publishing to the point I can actually make money from it, and now I'm trying to work out if I can move to writing full time. Who knows what 2018 will bring, though.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I quit an intensely lovely and high stress programming job and now work for a charity teaching computing and music to socially disadvantaged people. I don't know if I was consciously zagging, but the thought did occur to me as it was happening.

That being said, I also took up jiujitsu after a lifetime of wanting to learn a martial art, and that was 100% inspired by 37 year old yellow belt Justin McElroy, thanks Hoops.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Me, I made it through this year even though it [nearly] killed me. That'll do, self.

Colin Baker fan, actually.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
twenty serpentine finally reversed a year and a half long horrible situation that destroyed my life in 2016 when it took my home, my job, and nearly every relationship i had, but damnit, i endured and finally won. i finally won. and then got fired from my job at the garbage store that i had to take in the meantime. SERPENTINE'd baby!!!! i also got to see the bros live much earlier, though. so i'm down for 2018, the blank slate.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I zagged on myself by interviewing for two jobs and getting neither.

Now I get to be stagnant even long and just hate everything!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

But seriously, I started writing again and have a functioning prototype of my RPG.
I need to find the time to lock in the nitty gritty and hire an artist.

I'm never gonna be able to publish because my life sucks.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I hiked the Appalachian Trail which is where I started listening to TAZ and MBMBAM and went to Europe for 3 months. 2017 been pretty good.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I fired my personal stylist Cromslor and am much happier with his replacement, Pinkskidan.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ojjeorago posted:

I fired my personal stylist Cromslor and am much happier with his replacement, Pinkskidan.

What kind of pants do you like?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

DoctorWhat posted:

Look.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It rules that this covers like 6 or 7 doctors.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

SpacePig posted:

What kind of pants do you like?

And the dick?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Just post the whole bit at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS8_bUBXaOY

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

BigRed0427 posted:

On New Years, im comming out to my dad I'm Trans.

:hfive:

That was my big zag this year. Got medication that was actually effective, went to therapy, bought a dress, volunteered at pride, changed my license officially announced on Facebook "hey, I'm NB!"

It's been great.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I just watched the intro to the Pest. I... I can see why they're obsessed with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Teddybear posted:

I just watched the intro to the Pest. I... I can see why they're obsessed with this.

I watched the entire goddamn The Pest (1997) major motion picture because of these fucks. It took two tries, I had to give up the first time thirty eight minutes in at the snake fighting scene, and up to that point I'd spent most of it just passively disgusted at the thing in front of me while trying to pay as much attention to my phone as possible. It's probably the most bigoted movie I've ever seen, including youtube videos of people screaming racial epithets at protesters, and I can only recommend it on the grounds that (1) it is a bit like a Brillo pad for the soul and (2) it's comforting knowing that someone else is feeling the same pain that you are.

All in all, eight out of ten.