Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/DZangaroNBCS/status/943182443376447488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Toaster Beef posted:

I'd start him for a half in a meaningless week 17, just to make sure he isn't getting two weeks without in-game reps before their first playoff game, but yeah: With his propensity—be it intentional or accidental—for standing in the pocket and getting absolutely rocked, it'd be best for the team if he got the most he could out of these games while ducking out the moment he's able.

The biggest 'if' right now is the defense. Can they get their poo poo together? Because the past three weeks have been disastrous. If they can pull it together, all Foles has to do is play competently—and he's shown he's capable of that.

I also don't 100% trust the cowboys not to do something dirty if we leave starters in...

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Lol

John Cowheel
Nov 8, 2011

No matter how much you've won, no matter how many games, no matter how many championships, no matter how many Super Bowls, you're not winning now, so you stink.

CyberPingu posted:

I also don't 100% trust the cowboys not to do something dirty if we leave starters in...

The Cowboys couldn't hurt someone if they tried.

John Cowheel
Nov 8, 2011

No matter how much you've won, no matter how many games, no matter how many championships, no matter how many Super Bowls, you're not winning now, so you stink.

Lote posted:

A chance at the playoffs or a chance to fire Jason Garrett?

That stupid Raiders win preserves Garret’s chances.

I don't think there's anything the Cowboys could've done this year to get Garrett fired. Jerry Jones was always gonna have that "well, Zeke was suspended" card to play. He doesn't want to fire that dude.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

John Cowheel posted:

I don't think there's anything the Cowboys could've done this year to get Garrett fired. Jerry Jones was always gonna have that "well, Zeke was suspended" card to play. He doesn't want to fire that dude.

Yeah, Jerry doesn't seem interested in firing Garrett. And as much as I complain about the guy--and I do not think Garrett is a good coach--I don't see anyone on the market that I think would be a significant upgrade as a replacement right now so I'm not gung-ho on firing the guy. I see Garrett more as a replacement level coach. As for the others, I think Bisaccia is OK, Marinelli has done reasonably well with a piss-poor talent pool and Linehan has been a big step down from Callahan as OC. Of the bunch, I think we'd get a lot more mileage out of replacing Linehan than any of the others. Maaaybe Marinelli if you could convince me that he's somehow squandering good talent, but I think the Cowboys need to build defensive depth before I write him off.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Zeke is giant loving baby and his bullshit with the sports media has soured me on him even further. Did not want to discuss his suspension. Refused to do it, and eventually walked away from any further questions. The moron is making a documentary about his time suspended, but isn't okay with reporters doing their jobs.

Just...just suspend him again now, it's only a matter of time.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Zeke is giant loving baby and his bullshit with the sports media has soured me on him even further. Did not want to discuss his suspension. Refused to do it, and eventually walked away from any further questions. The moron is making a documentary about his time suspended, but isn't okay with reporters doing their jobs.

Just...just suspend him again now, it's only a matter of time.

Wait back up. He's making a documentary about his 6 week unpaid leave?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/17/ezekiel-elliott-return-mexico

quote:

According to Rapoport, Elliott has gotten in shape, both physically and mentally, while in Mexico. He has also worked on a documentary that will tell his side of the story and chronicle his suspension.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Yeah, that could never show him in a bad light.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Making a slanted documentary about your suspension seems like the opposite of “getting the point.”

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Making a documentary that tells "your side of the story" and chronicles your time in Mexico after being suspended six weeks for beating your girlfriend should be the sort of thing that gets you catapulted out of society, but it turns out being able to run with a football is extremely marketable.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

If I Did It

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

stop hating on zeke, you fucks.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

incompetent posted:

stop hating on zeke, you fucks.

No. He's an rear end.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

No. He's an rear end.

Yeah this

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Jerry Jones probably suggested it all to Zeke while drunk. Zeke just

Ran

With

It

:haw:

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

No. He's an rear end.

but i told you to stop

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

incompetent posted:

but i told you to stop

And like Zeke, we kept going.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

And like Zeke, we kept going.

:thurman:

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Zeke won't get 59 yards on the Seahawks

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
But Zeke didn't even hit that girl.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I now believe the Eagles may win the division

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

8-8 Is Real

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

corn on the cop posted:

8-8
8-8
8-8
8-8
8-8
8-8
8-8
8-8

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think a screen cap of Jones leaving before the game ends. :lol:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think a screen cap of Jones leaving before the game ends. :lol:

jerry is awful and should croak but he was heading down to the sideline

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I 8-8 until I was full

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lol this season sucked, I'm surprised we even got 8 wins

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
The Cowboys didn't belong in the playoffs and I'm glad I don't have to watch that blowout loss.

Garrett is trash and this team won't succeed while he's coach

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

The Cowboys didn't belong in the playoffs and I'm glad I don't have to watch that blowout loss.

Garrett is trash and this team won't succeed while he's coach

Bring back the son of Bum

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Weird, bum-rear end season for the Cowboys. Would have been better served with the six-game suspension to lead off the season. Smith's on/off injuries all season really hosed with the team and Dak's decision making regressed massively.

I've been a Dez apologist for years but I sincerely think the team would be better off if they didn't have to worry about force feeding him.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

exploded mummy posted:

Bring back the son of Bum

I'd give anything for :baby: right now

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

illcendiary posted:

I'd give anything for :baby: right now

Go full circle, give me :baby:

But also kill me

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I didn’t watch the game. How close did Jerry Jones get to dying?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I didn’t watch the game. How close did Jerry Jones get to dying?

Closer than ever before, as did all of us

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Has Eli announced his retirement yet?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Big Dick Foles

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Gonna shrink into a micro and throw 7 ints today. Thus is philly sports, as we all deserve nothing but misery inshallah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/cj_wentz/status/945305762062061570

Cheers Jesus mate.

• Locked thread