Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

BGrifter posted:

What's really weird is the relentless torrent of poo poo Toronto Maple Leafs fans get. A franchise that hasn't won a championship since 1967 and gets New York Yankees/New England Patriots levels of heat online.

It's loving weird.

Don't they have the most expensive tickets in the league and an obnoxious rich fanbase tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

MikeCrotch posted:

Don't they have the most expensive tickets in the league and an obnoxious rich fanbase tho

They do have expensive tickets, but it's kind of like getting furious at the Browns or Bengals.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

BGrifter posted:

They do have expensive tickets, but it's kind of like getting furious at the Browns or Bengals.

But you don’t have to be successful to be obnoxious. It just helps.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BGrifter posted:

What's really weird is the relentless torrent of poo poo Toronto Maple Leafs fans get. A franchise that hasn't won a championship since 1967 and gets New York Yankees/New England Patriots levels of heat online.

It's loving weird.

They are hockey Cubs fans

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Obnoxious fan bases of teams that suck are the worst.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Danny LaFever posted:

Obnoxious fan bases of teams that suck are the worst.

michigan :argh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BGrifter posted:

It's loving weird.

"____ grew up as a huge maple leafs fan and has always wanted to play in toronto" regarding every single major free agent is irritating. also bc and ontario have a really dumb slap fight feud so it comes up from that angle too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/944281585288974339

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

what the gently caress

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mastershakeman posted:

what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/944279039883300864

John Fox is on his two weeks notice.

He's completely checked out.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
a coach named fox having a pet monkey and an ocelot that came over? he's off his loving rocker. take him out back and shoot him

the bears are gonna lose to the browns

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
If the Bears gently caress up the Browns' perfect season, that'd be basically the most Bears thing that's ever happened

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol John Fox owns

He really should have been fired a month ago

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

that's The Michigan Difference

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/944290985554710529

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Where Detroit Dogg??

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/944279039883300864

John Fox is on his two weeks notice.

He's completely checked out.

My dad’s friend had a monkey growing up, apparently those old mail order catalogs had some pretty crazy stuff in them. His strongest memories of it was that the kid would try to ride his bike down the street with the monkey perched on his shoulder, while it panicked and poo poo all over his back. There’s a metaphor here, if I could just put my finger on it. . .

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1771465-the-deep-post-why-do-dom-capers-defenses-always-seem-to-come-up-short

quote:

The Deep Post: Why Do Dom Capers' Defenses Always Seem to Come Up Short?

Green Bay Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers is widely considered to be a defensive genius.

Since 1986, he's been coaching NFL defenses. He started as the defensive backs coach with the New Orleans Saints before becoming defensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was the first head coach of the Carolina Panthers and has been a special assistant to the New England Patriots. When looking at NFL resumes, his is one of the best.

So why can't he stop a mobile quarterback?

quote:

Dom Capers is still a quality defensive coordinator. That said, his failure to adjust his game plan and the reliance on an outside blitz will see his scheme become less successful. His defense is built to attack a pocket quarterback, not a 6'5", 240-lb quarterback who can run a sub 4.6 in the 40-yard dash.

This article is from September 2013. Since then, the Packers have had several more defensive collapses in the playoffs or while contending for the playoffs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fox
ocelot

metal gear?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

R.D. Mangles posted:

fox
ocelot

metal gear?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Soothing Vapors posted:

If the Bears gently caress up the Browns' perfect season, that'd be basically the most Bears thing that's ever happened

Lol. Nothing is stopping that train.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

rabidsquid posted:

"____ grew up as a huge maple leafs fan and has always wanted to play in toronto" regarding every single major free agent is irritating. also bc and ontario have a really dumb slap fight feud so it comes up from that angle too.

Speaking of BC I've always found Canucks fans to be way worse than Leafs fans

THIS IS OUR YEAR THIS IS OUR YEAR THIS IS OUR YEAR THIS IS OUR YEAR

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

MikeCrotch posted:

Speaking of BC I've always found Canucks fans to be way worse than Leafs fans

THIS IS OUR YEAR THIS IS OUR YEAR THIS IS OUR YEAR THIS IS OUR YEAR

I remember overhearing serious debates about whether Gretzky or Pavel loving Bure were the greatest hockey player of all time.

Fortunately they were able to come to agreement that clearly it was Bure. :suicide:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

False Alarm. It was just a guy stuck in a toilet.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Apparently was some disgruntled former employee of a vendor there, driving around the and smashing into cars. He must have been looking for Barr.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

pardon the :spergin: but this should be 1-2, right?

Just to clear this up, 2-2 is right for the Colts. They won Super Bowl V way back when.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

BGrifter posted:

It's loving weird.

It's mainly other Canadian cities hating Toronto. Traditionally, the Maple Leafs are at home every Saturday night on national TV, forever, regardless of how well the team is doing.

CBC has done its best to try to end that over the last couple seasons, working Montreal into the prime Hockey Night In Canada slot, having the Leafs play road games on Saturday nights, and having a new TV deal that allows for multiple games on at once.

Also, Vancouver is the worst. Dumbest Stanley Cup riot ever in 2011.

let the ocelot be the coach

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
A ton of basketball fans hate the Knicks even though they haven't been good since the 90s. A big part of it is New Yorkers thinking people should care about their awful team.

It's probably the same in Toronto.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hearing about how Stamkos was definitely signing in Toronto for like five years before the guy was even a free agent worked my nerves a bit.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Maybe poo poo like this is why we hate Packer fans:

Fenrir posted:

Eh, y'all can say whatever you want... I'd rather see the world end in a nuclear disaster than see the Vikings win a super bowl. That said, I don't think I'd even mind if the Lions finally got one. After 0-16 they deserve some sort of recompense.

“Durr I’d rather the world end in nuclear disaster with millions of deaths then the Vikings win a Super Bowl!”

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
thank you for calling forums poster Fenrir out on that gravely serious post. shameful that a Packers fan would choose to immolate the world in a nuclear holocaust rather than see a team of men in purple spandex win a bad and dumb game. I disavow him

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

millions of deaths. my god, who among us will stop this monster

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

thank you for calling forums poster Fenrir out on that gravely serious post. shameful that a Packers fan would choose to immolate the world in a nuclear holocaust rather than see a team of men in purple spandex win a bad and dumb game. I disavow him

at last, the dangerous fiend forums poster fenrir has shown his true colors

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they just want new defensive coordinator!!! :drat:

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Can’t wait for the team with the ugliest color scheme in sports to be bad again

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

You know what great about the Green Bay Packer football team? You can own part of the team! Just buy some worthless shares! It’s like you’re Robert Kraft!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sponges posted:

You know what great about the Green Bay Packer football team? You can own part of the team! Just buy some worthless shares! It’s like you’re Robert Kraft!

Does that mean you also get to send a letter to Donald trump thanking him for the tax bill?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sponges posted:

Can’t wait for the team with the ugliest color scheme in sports to be bad again

But the bears already are bad

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

sponges posted:

I’ve spent $250 on worse poo poo, I mean I went to college....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

iospace posted:

But the bears already are bad

wtf

• Locked thread