Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I did confirm it. I'm not denying the fact that it happened, I'm just expressing my dismay at that fact.
She must have done it without warning, because I swear she was on there this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FlamingLiberal posted:

She must have done it without warning, because I swear she was on there this week

To be fair, I don't always see her posts on my feed, so I could have missed a warning.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jimbot posted:

This is probably the funniest/saddest (and creepy) thing I've seen:

https://twitter.com/plentyofalcoves/status/944539340608335872

Good god, why is hbomb such a magnet for gross possessive, clingy men? Landis is basically following the same pattern as Davis Auruni, for gently caress's sake. It's no surprise they're both sex monsters.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

quote:

Everyone knows Wu is best, anyway. Come at me.

Revolution 60 brahs represent, moonrock squad

i don't think Lindsay gave all that much warning at all about dropping Twitter, nothing seemed massively out the oridinary. Like there's some things that could be speculated on but I wouldn't exactly like to?

Good to see Joe making that Star Wars December CP/M, go get it and make all the vids possible. Why not make a video that's "Top 10 things that I got WRONG that WERE WRONG about The Last Jedi". Steady chasing the paper, he might be smarter than y'all think. Like obviously he goes for the mainstream and gets a big touch on them even if he doesn't all the way know it.

(Like I'd never ever watch him because he's not my thing but he knows where the business lies when he's not being REALLY SUPER EMOTIONAL COMMANDER CONTENT or whatever he is)

And jeez, me and Hbomb might have some beef that I'm not really sure is squashed but at least I'm not Max "Jee how can I top my dad who was like LOL I DROPPED A CHOPPER ON YOU LMAO SORRY BITCH" Landis.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What name do you think Landis posts to SA under? I think he's one of the "ironic" nazis.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

business hammocks posted:

What name do you think Landis posts to SA under? I think he's one of the "ironic" nazis.

A man and his dog

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Good god, why is hbomb such a magnet for gross possessive, clingy men? Landis is basically following the same pattern as Davis Auruni, for gently caress's sake. It's no surprise they're both sex monsters.

He is a slightly notable person on the internet.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I thought Aurini was couldn't-get-any-sex monster and that was the root of his issues? :v:

But seriously, if Davis Aruini was a rapist I would not be surprised in the slightest.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Kim Justice posted:

Good to see Joe making that Star Wars December CP/M, go get it and make all the vids possible. Why not make a video that's "Top 10 things that I got WRONG that WERE WRONG about The Last Jedi". Steady chasing the paper, he might be smarter than y'all think. Like obviously he goes for the mainstream and gets a big touch on them even if he doesn't all the way know it.

(Like I'd never ever watch him because he's not my thing but he knows where the business lies when he's not being REALLY SUPER EMOTIONAL COMMANDER CONTENT or whatever he is)

I've actually thought this about Joe for a long time. The way he presents himself, his persona/image, those he puts on camera with him and how he interacts with them, the presentation of his show, the way he's developed and branded his fan community, the way he balances the "fan outrage," with pretty milquetoast review scores, the specific content he covers, its always seemed really calculated to me. Not that his reactions and opinions are inauthentic, but that he is playing them up in a larger-than-life way while also integrating them with an overall delivery that is mainstream friendly and won't alienate people even if he takes a controversial stance like "Man of Steel was a great movie," or "Total War Rome was a mess that spits on the franchise (but still gets 6/10)."

It's quite brilliant if its even half-intentional, and considering it's gotten him to the point a Battlefront 2 Dev considers it a forum worth going on to try and spin their narrative, it's working better than a lot of his peers in the VideoGame Punditry ratrace.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

I thought Aurini was couldn't-get-any-sex monster and that was the root of his issues? :v:

But seriously, if Davis Aruini was a rapist I would not be surprised in the slightest.

There's a Toronto Star (?) article from before he became "famous" about assault charges filed by his ex-girlfriend being dropped because he convinced the judge she was unreliable because of a diagnosis of mental illness.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Jimbot posted:

This is probably the funniest/saddest (and creepy) thing I've seen:

https://twitter.com/plentyofalcoves/status/944539340608335872
If he's this creepy and terrible to some dude because he didn't praise him back in a couple of hours imagine how creepy and scary has he been to all the ladies he's wanted to gently caress. I've seen a lot of "Nooo whaaat the insanely cool, trustworthy and talented Max Landis?" and I'm really confused because all I knew about him was that he is that really entitled nepotism baby who made me really uncomfortable in the BOTW episodes he was in. Have I missed what he has done or said to be revered as a cool, woke dude?

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Sarcopenia posted:

If he's this creepy and terrible to some dude because he didn't praise him back in a couple of hours imagine how creepy and scary has he been to all the ladies he's wanted to gently caress. I've seen a lot of "Nooo whaaat the insanely cool, trustworthy and talented Max Landis?" and I'm really confused because all I knew about him was that he is that really entitled nepotism baby who made me really uncomfortable in the BOTW episodes he was in. Have I missed what he has done or said to be revered as a cool, woke dude?

Be a famous white dude

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

There's a Toronto Star (?) article from before he became "famous" about assault charges filed by his ex-girlfriend being dropped because he convinced the judge she was unreliable because of a diagnosis of mental illness.

I think goonette Picnic Princess was friends with said girlfriend and had the pleasure of having to interact with him. From what I remember he was just as gross as you would imagine.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sarcopenia posted:

Hello, he is a white male heir of a famous director and producer, what more do you want?!?! :mad:

e: fb

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sarcopenia posted:

Chronicle was a solid movie that was made good despite him and he's written A superman story that wasn't rear end, ergo he's basically a golden boy and it has nooooothing to do with his last name no sir no

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Sarcopenia posted:

People liked Wrestling isn't Wrestling & the Death & Return of Superman.

Liking something makes it really easy for people to justify or downplay lovely people and actions.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Wrestling isn't Wrestling is pretty good. Max Landis is not.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
oh yea, Wrestling isn't Wrestling too.

Too bad that's been ruined for me by him harassing one of the ladies in it!

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
But people are straight up surprised that this dude isn't MR. WOKE2017. Are people just projecting whatever onto the guy without ever actually having heard him talk? Is it the disarmingly stupid hair and dress sense? Is he such a huge dork that people can't imagine him being threatening in any way?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well I mean he isn't a good guy but I think people are surprised he's that bad, which isn't surprising considering his dad has covered up his worst poo poo just leaving behind a douchy interior.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Sarcopenia posted:

But people are straight up surprised that this dude isn't MR. WOKE2017. Are people just projecting whatever onto the guy without ever actually having heard him talk? Is it the disarmingly stupid hair and dress sense? Is he such a huge dork that people can't imagine him being threatening in any way?

I just figured he was just a dickhead that overreacted to things, not that he was a creep whose treatment of women was being covered up by his dad.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Testekill posted:

Liking something makes it really easy for people to justify or downplay lovely people and actions.

Finding out Jontron was a Neonazi was a pretty painful experience for me and I have been both unwilling and unable to watch any of his material since. On the other hand I was able to come to peace with the shittiness and still watch the work of quite a few of my favorite pro-wrestlers, such as wife beater Randy Savage, family murderer Chris Benoit, and xeno/homophobic libertarian dickhead AJ Styles. On the third hand, I haven't watched a new Mel Gibson product since his anti-Semitic rant, but do occasionally go back a watch his old films that I already own.

I'm not sure I have a point here, other than every time I find a person to be a lovely person I have to deal with it case by case, and I think most people are like that. I'm just glad I've never fallen into the denial trap. You're right that too many people allow themselves to do that.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

FWIW I believe he or someone who worked with him did post in BSS at one point, when he was just a weirdo doing YouTube skits. Closer than you knew! Can't recall the name though.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I never really got Landis so little lost there but this year kinda sucked overall w.r.t. losing "good" celebrities.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
he has a remarkable hit to miss ratio with stuff he writes, remarkable how bad most of it is that is

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I might be an uncultured oaf, but I don't think I've heard of him before the last few days. So my first impression of him is "creep whose rich, famous, well-connected dad protected him from the consequences of his disgusting actions." :shrug:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I might be an uncultured oaf, but I don't think I've heard of him before the last few days. So my first impression of him is "creep whose rich, famous, well-connected dad protected him from the consequences of his disgusting actions." :shrug:

he's also extremely online and fawns over people like hbomb or red letter media

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
https://www.ascarnooneelsecansee.com
https://twitter.com/JillPantozzi/status/915230025766637569
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=qmbUEYYMZG4
"So what I'm trying to say is that Max Landis is a..."
*In the corner of my eye I see John Landis slowly show me two eggs labeled Vic and Myca which he proceeds to throw up into a ceiling fan*
"...a very smart, popular and extremely normal big boy."

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sarcopenia posted:

https://www.ascarnooneelsecansee.com
https://twitter.com/JillPantozzi/status/915230025766637569
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=qmbUEYYMZG4
"So what I'm trying to say is that Max Landis is a..."
*In the corner of my eye I see John Landis slowly show me two eggs labeled Vic and Myca which he proceeds to throw up into a ceiling fan*
"...a very smart, popular and extremely normal big boy."

:shibe:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

:yikes:

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Jeez, Max. Like, come on. Go get your coat.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

The more people who leave, the closer it gets to burning down and vanishing. Isn’t it so much nicer here, in the world of nice, safe, warm web 1.0?

You're kinda overestimating the clout that internet personalities have.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Kim Justice posted:

Revolution 60 brahs represent, moonrock squad

I think they were referring to the Kingdom of Wu.

Although now I want a sci-fi themed Dynasty Warriors game (by that I mean a sci-fi Musou game with the Dynasty Warriors characters. I know there's the Gundam Musou games.)

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i thought he was gay

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Max Wilco posted:

Although now I want a sci-fi themed Dynasty Warriors game (by that I mean a sci-fi Musou game with the Dynasty Warriors characters. I know there's the Gundam Musou games.)

Warriors Orochi gets pretty crazy and has the Dynasty + Samurai Warriors people, could give that a try if you haven't.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Yardbomb posted:

Warriors Orochi gets pretty crazy and has the Dynasty + Samurai Warriors people, could give that a try if you haven't.

I have been meaning to check out Orochi 3. I started One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 a week or so ago, but I only played it for an hour and haven't played it since. Orochi 3 I thought was interesting because it added in characters from Bladestorm and Legends of Troy, along with characters from Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive (I know All-Stars does that too, but I heard it wasn't that good.) While I don't know how it's executed, it sounded like you could team up Zhuge Liang with Joan of Arc and basically make a Musou version of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

I’m a fan of these kinds of games and Orochi 3 has to be one of the best. It was already good, but then they released the Ultimate version with an entire expansion pack’s worth of extra content. You should definitely pick it up.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Archer666 posted:

You're kinda overestimating the clout that internet personalities have.
Twitter's continue existence is proof that Capitalism isn't efficient. If it never fully burns out then it is proof that Capitalism is solely a farce.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Skip My Posts posted:

i thought he was gay

i'll admit that was my very first reaction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Terrible Opinions posted:

Twitter's continue existence is proof that Capitalism isn't efficient. If it never fully burns out then it is proof that Capitalism is solely a farce.

Does this mean I'm going to be hearing, just like with Capitalism, "Its definitely on the brink of collapse, like any moment it could all fall down!" every year?

• Locked thread