Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
As a Vikings fan, this is not going as well as I’d like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Soothing Vapors posted:

thank you for calling forums poster Fenrir out on that gravely serious post. shameful that a Packers fan would choose to immolate the world in a nuclear holocaust rather than see a team of men in purple spandex win a bad and dumb game. I disavow him

Your avatar just makes this post a million times better.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
What the gently caress is a packer anyway.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ever read The Jungle?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Dexo posted:

Something to do with their cheese industry? It’s sucks

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Dexo posted:

local meat-packing plant sponsored the team originally

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

sponges posted:

Maybe poo poo like this is why we hate Packer fans:

“Durr I’d rather the world end in nuclear disaster with millions of deaths then the Vikings win a Super Bowl!”

lmfao this guy

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
The last desperate refuge of a scoundrel football fan, wishing for a nuclear holocaust simply because they're good.

Sorry but you're kind of a terrible human being.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

nerve posted:

lmfao this guy

“ I’d rather the world burn than the Vikings win a SB”

“Why does everyone hate Packer fans?!? We’re so nice and chill”

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
let it go dude

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I’m not sure anyone will have to worry about this Vikings team winning a Super Bowl if they struggled this much against the Packers. Really surprised by this game. Surprised I’m still watching it too.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i think it’s only a real concern if it’s almost zero degrees in Philly at the end of January.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I’m not sure anyone will have to worry about this Vikings team winning a Super Bowl if they struggled this much against the Packers. Really surprised by this game. Surprised I’m still watching it too.

The Vikings will not win the Super Bowl.

But we’re not the Packers who fell rear end backwards into two Hall of Fame QBs and have been riding that poo poo for over 20 years

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sponges posted:

The Vikings will not win the Super Bowl.

But we’re not the Packers who fell rear end backwards into two Hall of Fame QBs and have been riding that poo poo for over 20 years

I mean that's true but I am not sure your point.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

One google later and I see that they're, uh, shutting you out 16-0.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

VJeff posted:

One google later and I see that they're, uh, shutting you out 16-0.

Maybe if you had used Bing your post would have been worth something!!!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've seen a lot of terrible conduct from Packers fans, but shilling for Bing is a new low!

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Sounds like they need to pack...it in

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CherryCola posted:

Sounds like they need to pack...it in

:dadjoke:

:smith:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I never thought I'd get over the NFL, but if I had to watch a team play the way the Packers played tonight on a weekly basis, I'd give up the NFL in a heartbeat. What a terribly unwatchable game.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Go gently caress yourselves.
I Love My Green Bay Packers.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Eh even great team play bad games. Especially on the road in the freezing cold. And it’s hard to be TOO concerned about pitching a shut out.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

But no really that was a screaming garbage fire.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
that was kinda cathartic

the bears are gonna lose to the brown so it's best to get joy in other places

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
No reason for the Vikings to risk anything in that crap cold and lovely field. Even then we still got an injury. 16-0 shut out eat a pile of dog poo poo Packers!!!

Woooooooo!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Went to the game, could not stop laughing as Hundley looked lost with an insane 10-15 seconds to find an open man in the 4th.

Next year Packers

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
At one point, Hundley was trying to work a hard count while his hands were in his front pouch.

Amazing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Boon posted:

Went to the game, could not stop laughing as Hundley looked lost with an insane 10-15 seconds to find an open man in the 4th.

Next year Packers

But he knows the system!

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Gonz posted:

At one point, Hundley was trying to work a hard count while his hands were in his front pouch.

Amazing.

i noticed this too but my brain refused to accept it

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Gonz posted:

Amazing.

kill me

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Now packer fans know what it's like

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

Gonz posted:

Amazing.

I need video of that please.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/zbwnql

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I ran a Shadowrun session tonight with the game on my second monitor instead of watching it on TV for the first time this season

Turns out I did nothing wrong

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

yeah ted's done

Gonz posted:

Amazing.

ahaha lol

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I feel like I should apologize to Packers fans everywhere. After slowly getting interested in football over the last 3 years, and watching Rodgers pull his bullshit magic in the post-season, this was the year I committed to following the team at the season onset, and so of course Rodgers gets injured and the season goes off the rails.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Easton has a fractured ankle, out for remainder of season.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
This Hunter Smith guy is pretty promising. Might even become a Pro Bowler one day.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

sponges posted:

Maybe poo poo like this is why we hate Packer fans:

“Durr I’d rather the world end in nuclear disaster with millions of deaths then the Vikings win a Super Bowl!”

Yes, that post was totally 100% serious and I really want you ALL TO DIE.

...seriously, my dude... was my silly hyperbole that lost on you?

poo poo, I'll probably be rooting for the Vikings in the playoffs.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Anti-Hero posted:

I feel like I should apologize to Packers fans everywhere. After slowly getting interested in football over the last 3 years, and watching Rodgers pull his bullshit magic in the post-season, this was the year I committed to following the team at the season onset, and so of course Rodgers gets injured and the season goes off the rails.

Hey man that was me and the Vikings like the last three years. I ain’t that sportsy but every time started watching the Vikings they would just lose every game.

This is the first season that hasn’t happened.

So are we going to murder the bears, too? Is that how we get in the playoffs? Yes I seriously don’t know how this works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
playoffs require blood sacrifice, yes.

though really, it will depend on the results of today’s game. if the Eagles win/Panthers lose, the Vikings are locked at the #2 seed. in that case, i’m guessing most starters will only play the first half.

but if they have a chance at the #1 seed or still need to fight for the #2, the starters will play and likely murder poor mitch.

• Locked thread