Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Losing also helps the Texans draft posi-

(Well at least we have Watson)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I can't decide whether I want the titans to make the playoffs or not...I'm done with Mularkey but I doubt he gets canned if they do. Mariota getting playoff experience would be cool though.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

That is a good way to look at it. Though I would be concerned if a coaching change wasnt going to happen either way.

It was just nice to finally sweep the boot that was stomping the Jaguars' face fro the past 18 years. I know Luck will be back and the Colts will be better.

Luck will be half bionic/minotaur after he returns from wherever he went to deep into the Ukraine.

Anyways, good luck Jags. Enjoy your day in the sun.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:randpop:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
You beautiful, bad with money bastard.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JT Jag posted:

You beautiful, bad with money bastard.

I didn't buy it!

I dunno who did. Not Sandwich Anarchist this time, his wife had some harsh words about him spending thirty bucks on the last one.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

She wasn't mad that I spent money, just that i spent it on, and I quote, "a loving cat emoji on that stupid internet club you're always cackling at".

nah
Mar 16, 2009

being a member of this forum automatically puts you into the "bad with money" club

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

being a member of this forum automatically puts you into the "bad with money" club

That's true. :negative:

and I've paid for platinum, archives, avatars twice, and a name change.

:negative:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Randaconda posted:

That's true. :negative:

and I've paid for platinum, archives, avatars twice, and a name change.

:negative:
:hfive: I dont have archives but I have the rest, and I am getting more and more tempted to change my name to "Marroney Balogna" and change my avatar to something to fit.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Sandwich Anarchist's wife is extremely powerful.

Also, word to the wise, don't do toxxs when you're broke, especially under the presumption that wave elections aren't real.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
lmao @ "stupid internet club"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pubic works project posted:

lmao @ "stupid internet club"
I've heard worse names for it...

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
My boyfriend is convinced I'm in some kind of mob.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I've heard worse names for it...

Oh I'm sure. I just think it's funny. I've been trying to figure out how to refer to my "friends" here in TFF to my wife. I think I finally got it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pubic works project posted:

Oh I'm sure. I just think it's funny. I've been trying to figure out how to refer to my "friends" here in TFF to my wife. I think I finally got it.
Oh yeah my wife rolls her eyes every time she sees these forums on my computer screen. Its nice to finally have a good gimmick name for it.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

I can't decide whether I want the titans to make the playoffs or not...I'm done with Mularkey but I doubt he gets canned if they do. Mariota getting playoff experience would be cool though.

I feel like he'd need at least 2 losing seasons to be canned as coach. Maybe some idiot team will take him off our hands.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wooo Hurns has returned to practice! They are also hoping Lee can play against the 9ers but I sincerely doubt that he will.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Wooo Hurns has returned to practice! They are also hoping Lee can play against the 9ers but I sincerely doubt that he will.

BUUUUUURRNNNSSSSSS

plz don't break my favrit catchbois

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I really hope the jags beat the everloving Christ out of the Steelers and/or the Patriots in the playoffs. The Titans and the Colts can suck all of the dicks though.

I’m still high on the World Series and James Harden/Chris Paul (dickpuncher he may be)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope the Jags retire both Ben and Tom. :colbert:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Randaconda posted:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Randaconda posted:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Randaconda posted:

There’s something we can all get behind

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Randaconda posted:

Amen brother.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
N: (Wrong thread I know) I asked for a gift card towards a #Sacksonville custom jersey. Got a Bort jersey in the mail.

V: It's like a tent on me.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I've watched a bunch of Bortles's pressers lately and I have got to say that I love his attitude and the subtle things he gets through.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21829406

:allears:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Guess what I read in the Wall Street Journal today?

https://twitter.com/andrewlbeaton/status/943215338820460544

The Facts Behind Blake Bortles and the Jaguars’ Turnaround
A Twitter account was born out of watching Jacksonville and its starting quarterback struggle, but things have gotten awkward: they both are flourishing

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Blah blah blah Fever Pitch blah blah blah blah blah.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pharohman777 posted:

Guess what I read in the Wall Street Journal today?

https://twitter.com/andrewlbeaton/status/943215338820460544

The Facts Behind Blake Bortles and the Jaguars’ Turnaround
A Twitter account was born out of watching Jacksonville and its starting quarterback struggle, but things have gotten awkward: they both are flourishing

It's pretty shocking to us Jags fans, too.

:randstare:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I cant believe all of the media attention that Bort has been getting but they dont mention that he has had this successful December throwing to an injured and drop-prone Marquise Lee, three rookies, and the corpse of Marcedes Lewis.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
If those rookies keep playing the way they have the last couple weeks, Caldwell/Coughlin are going to have some tough decisions to make...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TSBX posted:

If those rookies keep playing the way they have the last couple weeks, Caldwell/Coughlin are going to have some tough decisions to make...
I think hope they try to sign Robinson to a short term prove-it type deal, let Lee walk, and go into the camp with Robinson + Hurns + Greene + Westbrook + Cole + Mickens. But like you said, if both Cole and Mickens keep playing lights out....

edit: I am also hoping they find a way to keep Colvin and Poz (lol). I think this year may the year that the Jaguars dont sign any big name FAs and let some guys like Colvin and Lee walk, and maybe get a compensatory pick for once!
I really hope they do not go into win-now mode and kill the cap - they need to plan ahead for re-signing Miles Jack, Yannick Ngakoue, and Jalen Ramsey (Dante Fowler can gently caress right off).

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 22, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why on earth would Robinson agree to a prove-it deal

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

He tore his ACL so if he plays a short contract and plays well he is likely to earn more on a new contract? Just look at Alshon Jeffrey.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Intruder posted:

He hosed up his knee and didn’t have the best 2016 either

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Robinson has had one big year, one blah year and two injured years. He’d be a risk to sign to a long term deal.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Which also makes it risky for him, so why wouldn't he look for a deal where a team takes a chance on him?

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Intruder posted:

Which also makes it risky for him, so why wouldn't he look for a deal where a team takes a chance on him?

Yeah, players should always take the bigger offer if they can get it. Didn’t mean to sound like he should turn one down

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Hence why I used the word "hope". I love him as a player and want him to be on my team but he is also a person and want him to earn lots of money, so if he goes somewhere else I'll be sad but I can deal with it. I hope he wants to stay in Jax because the offense is functional now and he will want to be a part of it. Based on what I have seen the past few years with other players, his best two options are:
1.) Take a long term (3+ years) contract somewhere that, based on his four year career, will not be that high of a value because he is coming off of an ACL injury.
2.) Take a short term (1 or 2 years) somewhere that he can prove that he is his 2015 self and not his 2014, 2016, and 2017 self.
He is likely to make more money in the long run, if he is his 2015 self, if he takes a short contract, plays lights out, then signs a bigger contract.

Notice I didnt use "with the Jaguars" anywhere in there - I would like it, you could say that I "hope for it", if he does it with the Jaguars.

purkey posted:

Robinson has had one big year, one blah year and two injured years. He’d be a risk to sign to a long term deal.
I thought it was:
2014: Blah
2015: :swoon:
2016: Blah
2017: Injured

Lee has been:
2014: Injured
2015: Injured
2016: Somewhat injured, decent year
2017: Minor injured, decent year but has had dropsies at times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Crossposting from the Goon Christmas thread in GBS, an idea for a song that went awry six days after it was written:

quote:

Watt Bowl (On Christmas Day)

Circle your calendars, football fans
Because the 25th brings forth the biggest brands
NRG Stadium is the place
To see some batted balls go into your face

(chorus)
Watt Bowl on Christmas Day!
Black and Yellow vs. Bulls on Parade ‘cause it’s
Watt Bowl on Christmas Day!
When the pick off quarterbacks, they go all the way

JJ, TJ, which is the best?
Two defensive ends in the ultimate test
Of course, it’s not like Derek isn’t a scare
But he plays for the Chargers, so you probably don’t care

(chorus)

99 and 90, that’s not the score
Those are the numbers those Watt guys wore
Well, they still wear them, but it had to rhyme
Christmas Day is coming and I’m running out of time!

(chorus)

NFL Network and NBC,
If you want to watch it on your big screen TV
Amazon Prime streams the game as well
Just one sack and you’ll start to yell

(chorus)

Watson and Big Ben had better watch out
It’s not just Santa Claus that watches them pout
After you open up your Nintendo Switch
Watch this game, you son of a bitch!

(chorus x2)

• Locked thread