Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Carecat posted:

Feel like the Kar98 is going to eat a headshot nerf, seems like anyone will pick one up if available.

It would be a worthless gun if headshots from the Kar didn't kill level 2 helmets. Why would you ever bother to use it if you could just use a rifle and get a much higher rate of fire for the same lethality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Communist Q posted:

Pretty much. A lot of people, myself included, enjoy high kill counts more than winning so those are great places to go if you want to fight, and possibly emerge geared should you win the fight.

Yeah I figured. That strategy is probably not as viable on xbone just due to how janky it is rn. I guess I prefer a quieter playstyle more than a high kill count. I only had two kills for my only chicken dinner so far. It's easier to let everyone else kill each other and swoop in mop up who's left.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This game needs tanks

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Zzulu posted:

This game needs tanks

This just makes me imagine if DICE made a battle royale. Battlefield already has probably the best gun play of any game plus great vehicles. All they would have to do is make a larger map, which seems possible in frostbite. Plus it would be nearly as glitchy as PUBG is already, so people would feel right at home. At least it would run well and look so much better than PUBG.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
A game like PUBG with gunplay and polish of a battlefield game would be Too drat Cool

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Zzulu posted:

A game like PUBG with gunplay and polish of a battlefield game would be Too drat Cool

Yeah about that polish. Have you played a battlefield game? This :dice: exists for a reason.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have played most first person shooters and DICE games are always at the very top of the genre, despite wonky animations or whatever at launch.

Battlefield 1 was so good, lightyears ahead of PUBG

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Zzulu posted:

I have played most first person shooters and DICE games are always at the very top of the genre, despite wonky animations or whatever at launch.

Battlefield 1 was so good, lightyears ahead of PUBG

Oh I agree it's ahead of PUBG. I have 13 days played on BF1 and it's probably my favorite FPS ever made. But it has hilarious bugs that pop up every patch. Even a beta version of a DICE battle royale would perform better than PUBG. But I'm not going to pretend DICE doesn't have it's problems with bugs.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Live At Five! posted:

This just makes me imagine if DICE made a battle royale. Battlefield already has probably the best gun play of any game plus great vehicles. All they would have to do is make a larger map, which seems possible in frostbite. Plus it would be nearly as glitchy as PUBG is already, so people would feel right at home. At least it would run well and look so much better than PUBG.

That would be fun but I really enjoy the gunplay of PUBG and part of the fun of it is getting a format where "ARMA" gunplay is fun.

I want literally this same game but executed better.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia

Jarmak posted:

That would be fun but I really enjoy the gunplay of PUBG and part of the fun of it is getting a format where "ARMA" gunplay is fun.

I want literally this same game but executed better.

Blizzard Battle Royale.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fully expecting it to be a new battleground in WoW.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Live At Five! posted:

It would have loot boxes for sale in the waiting area. 60 seconds to buy an assault rifle. Only 3 dollars!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

This game needs tanks

Game needs crate drops with the crate opening up to show a desert rat jeep:

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

I finally got a chicken dinner after release where i was alive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e383Hyj0wV8

The new replay feature is cool. It shows all the action near the end because everyone is within range. In this match 3 squads wiped each other out on the top of the mountain and the last guy from an unrelated squad just wandered into my field of view.

P.S. junkyard is garbage.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
This game needs a flare gun. Not only for maybe setting someone on fire, because but I’d love to have something that calls attention to an area. I think it would be amazing if I could ruin someone’s ambush with a flare.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CitizenKain posted:

This game needs a flare gun. Not only for maybe setting someone on fire, because but I’d love to have something that calls attention to an area. I think it would be amazing if I could ruin someone’s ambush with a flare.

Flare guns would only work for that if they started flaring after the apogee so you couldn't track the trajectory back towards the shooter.

Similarly, red smoke. Just to troll people with it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Party Plane Jones posted:

Similarly, red smoke. Just to troll people with it.

:aaa:

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

While we're making our PUBG Christmas wishes, I just want some IEDs. I see people drive by in these jeeps with three, four people in them...

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
11 games on the new map, got my first win, last kill was my first AWM kill ever and it was from like 10m away lmao

haven't earned BP in two straight games though, that bug is irritating

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 24, 2017

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Only thing left on my wishlist is custom skins for helmets/vests since that's what everyone ends up wearing anyways and the ability to drop markers just by clicking like in Rainbow Six: Siege

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Paladin posted:

While we're making our PUBG Christmas wishes, I just want some IEDs. I see people drive by in these jeeps with three, four people in them...

RPG18

Single use/disposable with a tiny effective range.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I bought this today and I already won one.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rex-Goliath posted:

Only thing left on my wishlist is custom skins for helmets/vests since that's what everyone ends up wearing anyways and the ability to drop markers just by clicking like in Rainbow Six: Siege

They're not going to do the latter (probably) but they might do the Arma thing where you place a marker on the ingame map and it shows as a 3d marker in game.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i love this game, but i accept in my heart if they ever put mines or place-able explosives, i will never play it again. i would probably have a heart attack if was clearing a place and instead of a gunshot, it's a huge loving explosion.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i love this game, but i accept in my heart if they ever put mines or place-able explosives, i will never play it again. i would probably have a heart attack if was clearing a place and instead of a gunshot, it's a huge loving explosion.

I died to a red zone for the first time playing with a friend and we decided to take a buggy right through it because who ever dies to a red zone what are the odds? I figure thats what mines would be like

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I died to a red zone for the first time playing with a friend and we decided to take a buggy right through it because who ever dies to a red zone what are the odds? I figure thats what mines would be like

Saw someone get incapped three times on foot once in one game.

I laughed. He laughed. The redzone laughed.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Rex-Goliath posted:

It's not the same, but don't forget you can deep a pin in your position with insert and if you have the map open it is only a click away.

Drop school because it's fun and the middle twenty minute of the game tends to be the least fun...aside from feverishly darting your eyes around and expecting to get headshot from a distance.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

red zones are fine because it's a big rear end red circle and you get some time from it's generation to it's activation. a sudden explosion out of no where would make me piss myself since the solo game is basically a horror game if you're not super confident with your ability to shoot/spot folks, and mines would be the biggest jump scare i could think of, and i am not up for that.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Paladin posted:

you would love Squad, they built a whole class for this type of pvp

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Thief posted:

you would love Squad, they built a whole class for this type of pvp

Plus is you're really interested in blowing up a full jeep of people you can cook a nade while in the backseat and ask everyone if they just heard something.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
Stickable C4 please

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Map select, the removal of Mexico map, or 3x as many vehicles in Mexico please

e: nm just delete the new map, this place is awful

Magres fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Dec 24, 2017

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Congratulations on being literally the first person I've seen who doesn't love the new map.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
There are vehicles everywhere on the new map. I am baffled when people say they can't find one. Literally just run along any road and stop being a loot whore.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
just lol if you are using a vehicle on the new map and not skulking around in all of the trenches and valleys like a WWI doughboy

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

flatluigi posted:

Congratulations on being literally the first person I've seen who doesn't love the new map.

Lots of people don’t like the new map, including me. I’ll play it, but it’s worse than the old one.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

cosmicjim posted:

Lots of people don’t like the new map, including me. I’ll play it, but it’s worse than the old one.

This is an empirically wrong statement.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Gonna guess between beta and release they haven't done much to fix the inescapable holes around the map or floating objects or buildings that have no collision that you can just walk through?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gonna guess between beta and release they haven't done much to fix the inescapable holes around the map or floating objects or buildings that have no collision that you can just walk through?

the new map has none of that I've seen and performance is way up too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
I am having a weird problem with friend visibility: I have a number of friends who I can see on steam but I cannot see in PUBG, no matter what state. If they are in the game, I cannot see them at all, whether they are in a round or not. I have two friends that aren't even showing up on the offline list. Ever.

I've restarted. I've gone as far as to uninstall and reinstall the game. Any ideas?

• Locked thread