Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think ACH is just one of those guys they only book for tournaments and other stuff when they need warm bodies. I'd like for him to be a bigger deal in NJPW, but it doesn't appear to be in the cards right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

the global YouTube channel subtitled a recent hour long Okada and Gedo interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KshqyweSAiM

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Super No Vacancy posted:

taguchi listed the taguchi japan members on twitter and included cheeseburger and dragon lee but not ACH which is upsetting imho

To be fair, I think half the world is in Taguchi Japan. I think I might be in Taguchi Japan.

:c00lbert:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/151012EVIL/status/944947312752656384

Merry Darkness Christmas!

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Is that DQ ice cream cake

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

checksin posted:

Is that DQ ice cream cake

Christmas cake. It’s a Japanese thing I’ve seen pop up.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd totally buy an EVIL Christmas cake if they made one. Get on it Bushiroad!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'd totally buy an EVIL Christmas cake if they made one. Get on it Bushiroad!

http://priroll.jp/shopbrand/ct1101/

Naito currently has the number one selling cake on the whole site, and they do tons of other licenses including Hello Kitty.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 24, 2017

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Those will totally still be foodsafe after over seas shipping right?!?!?

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

So the question comes up every 4th, should I get really drunk or really caffeinated for the dome?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

here comes the spunk posted:

So the question comes up every 4th, should I get really drunk or really caffeinated for the dome?

yes

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Those will totally still be foodsafe after over seas shipping right?!?!?

who would want a Christmas cake after the 25th?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Pour a red bull into a four loko so you can feel each head drop

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

KungFu Grip posted:

who would want a Christmas cake after the 25th?

something something milf joke.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Caffeine and weed, friend

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i recommend a full rack of ribs and some benadryl

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gin and Fried Food

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I've been building a draw full of junkfood just for the 4th. Am fuckin stoked.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sanguinia posted:

something something milf joke.

the most misogynist Japanese joke I've heard - what do women and Christmas cakes have in common? No good after the 25th.

:japan: in a nutshell

[edit]

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Gin and Fried Food

DDT tickets and WK12 Dome tickets :boom:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
According to a tweet in Japanese they've hit 30,000 tickets sold for the Dome.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

official number of sold tickets last year was 26,192 for comparison's sake. 35k seems obtainable given the amount of time remaining assuming there's any walkup business at all.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

EVIL tweaks his gimmick a little and starts wrestling as da share z0ne, NJPW instantly becomes biggest wrestling company on planet

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Anybody else snag tickets for the fan festival on the third before they sold out? They announced who's doing signings

quote:

12: 10 ~ 12: 50 Kota Ibushi
12: 20 ~ 13: 00 Katsuyori Shibata
13: 30 ~ 14: 10 SHO & YOH
13: 45 ~ 14: 30 Cody
15: 00 ~ 15: 40 Hirooki Goto
15: 15 ~ 16: 00 Ryusuke Taguchi

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oh man i bet meeting shibata at that would be the most cool-yet-sad thing ever

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

oh man i bet meeting shibata at that would be the most cool-yet-sad thing ever

Shibata and Ibushi are the two I'd be most interested in but it might be a choice based on the times and the fact it's a sell out.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Why do I get the feeling that a Cody in Japan meet and greet would go over about as well as Virgil at a convention

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NuclearPotato posted:

Why do I get the feeling that a Cody in Japan meet and greet would go over about as well as Virgil at a convention

People seem to think he's the equivalent of what he meant in WWE over there but I don't get that impression at all.

I think they're pretty high on him, just not as much as they are on Kenny.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 25, 2017

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I mean, I don’t think we’re getting a pic of Cody in a completely empty corner or what have you, but I don’t think Japanese fans will be clamoring to see him in the same way as US fans would. And even here, he’s cooling off a bit (see: Final Battle).

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cody is pretty good but he’s the epitome of that old HHH thing of a 7 pushed like a 10 (except he’s a 5 pushed like a 9)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/945243818147831808

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Yakuza spinoff but you play as Naito please

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/945168816153100288

Free match of the week makes sense but also feels like a troll against Naito

Edit: Also New Japan game using Tekken engine please

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Where can I go for njpw world promo codes?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

cody is pretty good but he’s the epitome of that old HHH thing of a 7 pushed like a 10 (except he’s a 5 pushed like a 9)

I think it's more that Cody is in a lot of ways very similar to his dad and older brother, in that they were both way more over based on character, promo work and presentation than from being any kind of in-ring wizard, but Cody's now working in a landscape, and in promotions, where the in-ring product is the focus.
Like, his presentation and work ethic is 5 stars, but his in-ring work is only decent most of the time, to maybe pretty good when he's in there with someone like Okada.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah that’s fair

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I say this as a big Cody fan and I do believe he has a natural charisma but every time he is trying to do a Big Memorable Promo he very much comes off as a man playing a character trying to do a Big Memorable Promo, whereas Hard Times felt like something Dusty could have just been saying whenever he wanted

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

I say this as a big Cody fan and I do believe he has a natural charisma but every time he is trying to do a Big Memorable Promo he very much comes off as a man playing a character trying to do a Big Memorable Promo, whereas Hard Times felt like something Dusty could have just been saying whenever he wanted

It was, Hard Times wasn't a particularly notable promo at the time. He did those promos all the time.

I have no idea what Cody's appeal is, but he clearly has it so I can't really deny whatever it is.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

MassRafTer posted:

It was, Hard Times wasn't a particularly notable promo at the time. He did those promos all the time.

I have no idea what Cody's appeal is, but he clearly has it so I can't really deny whatever it is.

As much as I think he comes across as trying too hard with this heel character he does look and carry himself like a Protagonist and I think that goes a long way towards drawing people's interest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cody's heel character is amazing.

wrestlers who try too hard are great

• Locked thread