Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

paternity suitor posted:

If anyone wants to see Mike Cernovich get absolutely poo poo on, he did a Reddit AMA:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/7liww8/im_mike_cernovich_journalist_author_and_filmmaker/

So good.

https://twitter.com/petehague/status/944294411881664512

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

AMA is usually a big circlejerk so this is really a treat, the questions are so good and his attempts to own them in his replies are even better.

11/10, a far better read than Gorilla Mindset

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

All I have to ask is: exactly which pathetic mistake of a conservative "wonder" boy is Cernovich? They kinda blend together so all I can keep straight these days is Chuck "I did not poo poo on that floor" Johnson.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Alkydere posted:

All I have to ask is: exactly which pathetic mistake of a conservative "wonder" boy is Cernovich? They kinda blend together so all I can keep straight these days is Chuck "I did not poo poo on that floor" Johnson.

He's the one who sells bad books and Alex Jones type supplements to make you think like a gorilla

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

He's also likely going to be going to prison for forging court documents in an attack on a U.S Senator.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cernovich is such a pathetic joke. I don’t understand how anyone could take him seriously.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Didn't he also buy and drink gorilla jizz?

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Radish posted:

"Animals have no souls like humans so we are better" is like the weirdest thing Christians (and in my experience Catholics specifically) get smug about. Yeah you tell that hamster its place when you are in heaven and it disappears into the ether after death.

The pope's come out and basically gone "yeah no dogs get in to heaven it's cool" so we got that going for us now.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

citybeatnik posted:

The pope's come out and basically gone "yeah no dogs get in to heaven it's cool" so we got that going for us now.
The pope is drip feeding us the bad news that dogs have souls and humans don't.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ragnar34 posted:

The pope is drip feeding us the bad news that dogs have souls and humans don't.

Seems fair

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If a dog knew about Jesus I can garuntee you they'd love him unconditionally. It's kinda a dog's thing.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

citybeatnik posted:

No poo poo, that animated movie from the 90’s told me that like 20 years ago.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

citybeatnik posted:

Humans have rarely ever gone to haven it turns out and its just full of critters of all sorts.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
It's just Mr. Rogers and dogs up there.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Screaming Idiot posted:

It's just Mr. Rogers and dogs up there.

Mr. Rogers gets to heaven and doesn't see any of the kids he talked to there.

Merry Christmas!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Push El Burrito posted:

Mr. Rogers gets to heaven and doesn't see any of the kids he talked to there.

Merry Christmas!

It's not Mr. Rogers's fault they lost the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny and forfeited all rights to immortality in the afterlife.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

It's not Mr. Rogers's fault they lost the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny and forfeited all rights to immortality in the afterlife.

you are internet old and so is everyone else who understands that reference

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Crabtree posted:

Humans have rarely ever gone to haven it turns out and its just full of critters of all sorts.

That's what makes it heaven.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The city of Dis must be absolutely swarming with Mormons which is pretty hellish in and of itself.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

moths posted:

That's what makes it heaven.

Well, hell is other people.

Speaking of which, merry Christmas you godless fucks.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

Well, hell is other people.

Speaking of which, merry Christmas you godless fucks.

Happy Holidays to you, you insensitive prick!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I called you all "godless," didn't I?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grand Prize Winner posted:

you are internet old and so is everyone else who understands that reference

Did you know the guy that made that song is also responsible for Mouth Sounds, Mouth Moods, etc?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The problem with "happy holidays" is that one of those holidays is implied to be Christmas. If only we could engineer some form of the phrase that fixed this, our war on Christmas would be all but finished.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I know! Why don't we call it Crappy Holidays!? :haw:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

And a Cheerful Clusterfuck to you all! A holiday greeting focused at anyone who ever worked any form of retail during the holidays.

Then again, a Cheerless Clusterfuck might work better.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
It hit me this year how much it really bugs me that the right succeeded in making the non issue of "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" into an actual thing that's palpable.

I overhear conversations about "I ALWAYS say 'Merry Christmas, I don't care WHAT people say'" and feel a tinge of weirdness and tension in the air that was never there before the RWM's persecution complex made it that way. They invented a non-existent "war" on themselves and once again have managed to frame a narrative around a non issue that no one ever cared about until they were told they should for some reason.

I don't know any liberal, Christian or otherwise, that ever gave a poo poo what anyone said or didn't say but, these days, you can almost tell who's a Republican because they've begun to say "Merry Christmas" somewhat aggressively and more often. Whole thing pisses me off because they took a totally innocuous thing, like ACORN or voter fraud for instance, and made into another battle that I never had any desire to fight.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Just come up with your own friendly holiday greeting. I usually go with "happy Seinfeld" or "hail Satan" depending on audience.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Just come up with your own friendly holiday greeting. I usually go with "happy Seinfeld" or "hail Satan" depending on audience.

Christmahanukeanzikah.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Hopefully, now that Trump won the War on Christmas and defended our beautiful phrase, next Christmas won't be so bad. :pray:

In fact, he can retire now. He saved Christmas so we don't need him anymore. Take the rest of the term off, Mr. Trump. You've earned it! Merry Christmas!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hail Gay Satan, Hail Krampu.

Or of course, Merry shitsCram.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Oh look everyone, it's Dinesh D'Felon! *laugh track*

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

I don't really trip except for the part where the whole stupid "issue" even crosses my mind is what I mean. I just say whatever usually - I don't even know wtf I used to say, tbh - and never gave it any thought so gently caress these idiots for making a polite greeting a litmus test on my ideology and adding an unnecessary layer of tension to basically saying "have a nice day".

It's like political correctness in reverse now.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 26, 2017

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

When I still worked retail, the merry Christmas phrasing poo poo definitely made my job just a little bit worse. If I said "happy holidays" I'd make customers mad, but if I said "merry Christmas" I'd have to listen to them make the same dumb joke about how they hope I don't get fired for saying that or how they're so proud of me for standing up against The Man or whatever the gently caress.

If Trump is still President next year, it'll be interesting to see what the RWM crowd does now that the War on Christmas has been won.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Leofish posted:

When I still worked retail, the merry Christmas phrasing poo poo definitely made my job just a little bit worse. If I said "happy holidays" I'd make customers mad, but if I said "merry Christmas" I'd have to listen to them make the same dumb joke about how they hope I don't get fired for saying that or how they're so proud of me for standing up against The Man or whatever the gently caress.

If Trump is still President next year, it'll be interesting to see what the RWM crowd does now that the War on Christmas has been won.

They're going to repeat it again since reality doesn't matter and literally the only thing they have to offer their voters is culture war bullshit. There was never a was a war on Christmas to be won in the first place.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Also there's no if about it. Trump will still be president and will likely be reelected in 2020.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The ways Trump wins in 2020 is if the Democrats gently caress up to a fantastic degree (sending someone like Tim Kaine or Cory Booker against him to talk about returning to civility as the primary reason for electing them) or he succeeds in his voter fraud commission to create massive voter disfranchisement. Trump lucked into power on the back of a complacent opposing party combined with razor thing victory margins in specific states. He's not an unbeatable juggernaut, he's an idiot with a cargo cult backing him in congress so he's untouchable via the ways he's supposed to held accountable by our idiotically designed system. He also benefits because he doesn't give a poo poo about the political norms that every one else pretends to care about so it makes him look like he's able to force his will when in actuality our traditions were all paper thin in the first place. That doesn't mean he's going to coast into victory when he and his party have made a statement about pissing off everyone they possibly can for the last year.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

GutBomb posted:

Also there's no if about it. Trump ... will likely be reelected in 2020.

He's consistently polling sub-40, he hasn't managed to push through any of his more grandiose promises, red states and districts are bleeding right-wind* elected officials, and his base is being reduced to only the most slavering and mindless xenophobes, of which there are not enough to carry an election. Even the right-wing news organ is polishing the Trump turd to less of a sheen than they were a year ago. He's not a superman. He's a guy who floated into office on a cloud made entirely of wind puffing from dog whistles and voter apathy. At the height of Trump fervor, the guy lost the popular vote by 3,000,000. Unless Alabama gets 42 electoral votes in 2020, or the Democrats run a Kim Jong Un/Wad of toilet paper stuck to your shoe ticket, I think Trump's chances of reelection are poor.

What is your reasoning for thinking he has such a good shot at term #2?

* Typo, but I like it

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
He didn't have much of a shot at his first term either. The only people he's pissing off are other politicians and people who would never vote for him anyway. The people who voted for him last year all love him. We're hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I don't favor Trump's chances either, but if anyone can spin next election into a crushing defeat it's Democrats.