Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/mercbrownie/status/945101179591077888

:flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The Rams own rear end. Hell yeah. Gurley for mvp please

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

My favorite:

https://twitter.com/AdrianColbert25/status/945090730317320193

(Context: Telvin Smith said about the challenge facing them ahead of the 49ers game, "It's a t-shirt and hat week.")

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
All aboard the 6-10 hype train!

https://m.imgur.com/B3aqhNM

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Because the Jimmy G hype isn't high enough yet,

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/945114385457954816

Voodoo posted:

All aboard the 6-10 hype train!

https://m.imgur.com/B3aqhNM

:killdozer:

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 25, 2017

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Said Earl Thomas to Jason Garrett, "If you have a chance to get me, come get me."

:sadwave:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

shutout the giants bitch

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/945100434191953920

https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/945102485160542208

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Coldforge posted:

Bottles has them tied to the end of a string.

I see what you did here

Jimmy G owns, I'm glad he's playing so well :unsmith:

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
NFC Best bitch

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
jimmy garoppolo whips rear end

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
All I want for Christmas is

F
I
R
E

D
A
R
R
E
L
L

B
E
V
E
L
L

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Change the thread title to Jimmy G-sus Christmas Miracle.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Merry Xmas, NFC Best!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Nfc best.

And I probably cant say this but if it cant be the hawks I hope its the rams that kick rear end in the playoffs.

Also the niners are the best looking 5 and 10 team I have seen.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Benne posted:

That sucks, Legatron rules.

Hopefully this doesn't make McVay turtle up the offense and punt from the 35 because he doesn't trust the new guy.

If anything this would make him more aggressive.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

All I want for Christmas is

F
I
R
E

D
A
R
R
E
L
L

B
E
V
E
L
L

Please explain this firing over Tom Cable. Show your work.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

Please explain this firing over Tom Cable. Show your work.

Yeah, for real. Bevell is not the problem with this offense. He's doing a drat good job with the tools he has.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I say fire 'em all, it's the only way to be sure

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Coldforge posted:

The Patriots gave us Jimmy G for a second round pick.

A Second Round Pick.

They’re the best, most generous people on Earth :bigtran:

We're going to trade Brady in the offseason and sign Jimmy to a long term deal.

Hope that helps.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Charlz Guybon posted:

Hope that helps.

I, too, understand how franchise tags work

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Hope that helps.

How is it every football fan of a different team has forgotten the franchise tag exists? Sad.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Coldforge posted:

How is it every football fan of a different team has forgotten the franchise tag exists? Sad.

When you lock up your awesome franchise QB long term you forget about other options :shrug:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, for real. Bevell is not the problem with this offense. He's doing a drat good job with the tools he has.

Disagree, I think Bevell is poor. But hard agree that Cable needs to go first.

The Pats had this old dude as their OL coach for ages, had an Italian last name. We should truck all the moneys to his house.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Scarnecchia, and we already coaxed him out of retirement once. It’s not happening again

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Was it Cable who convinced the powers that be to divest from the o line and pay Wilson?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Spoeank posted:

I, too, understand how franchise tags work

that's not even the most ridiculous part of the post

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

Hope that helps.

It does, thank you

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Schneider has been coasting for years on few guys he really hit on between 2010-2012. His drafts since have been lackluster and the fact that he keeps trading away first round picks for players that the offensive staff has no idea how to use doesn’t help.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Schneider has been coasting for years on few guys he really hit on between 2010-2012. His drafts since have been lackluster and the fact that he keeps trading away first round picks for players that the offensive staff has no idea how to use doesn’t help.

Seattle's 2013 draft was an abortion, especially when you factor in the Percy Harvin trade. 2014 and 2015 only netted us two players that are regular contributors today, 2016 was okay but Tyler lockett's leg injury has really put a damper on his value. Surprisingly enough it seems like his latest draft has been the best, whether or not Malik MacDowell plays a down or not.

I think this last two years the team has done well enough to try to utilize Jimmy Graham. Last year he had a ton of completion yards, and this year he's actually done very well in the red zone. I will say that a lot of the issue isn't that we aren't throwing to him, but he's been dropping the ball like crazy. At this point I would rather see the team extend Paul Richardson over him.

Edit: Tyler Lockett was drafted in 2015, I meant to say CJ prosise. A good running back who never sees any playing time because he's made of glass.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 27, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

Seattle's 2013 draft was an abortion, especially when you factor in the Percy Harvin trade. 2014 and 2015 only netted us two players that are regular contributors today, 2016 was okay but Tyler lockett's leg injury has really put a damper on his value. Surprisingly enough it seems like his latest draft has been the best, whether or not Malik MacDowell plays a down or not.

I think this last two years the team has done well enough to try to utilize Jimmy Graham. Last year he had a ton of completion yards, and this year he's actually done very well in the red zone. I will say that a lot of the issue isn't that we aren't throwing to him, but he's been dropping the ball like crazy. At this point I would rather see the team extend Paul Richardson over him.

Edit: Tyler Lockett was drafted in 2015, I meant to say CJ prosise. A good running back who never sees any playing time because he's made of glass.

Yeah the last couple of years haven't been great, but this years draft has been incredible. CB Griffin already is a capable starter and looks to have enormous upside. OL Pocic hasn't been good, but he also hasn't been terrible, and has shown consistent improvement. 1 potential stud and 1 potential good starter is a fine enough draft, and they gambled on a bunch of high upside DB's and WR's throughout the rest. It will be fun to see how they pan out.

And that doesn't include trading for DT Richardson, who has been excellent for us.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
If the niners use any cap, and if Arizona drafts halfway decently, the 2018 NFC West is going to be the best division in football by a huge amount.

It's going to loving rule.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

If the niners use any cap, and if Arizona drafts halfway decently, the 2018 NFC West is going to be the best division in football by a huge amount.

:discourse:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Can't wait to read this post again sometime in mid October

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sept 22:

Leperflesh posted:

Niners would be even better if everyone besides garcon could stop dropping passes. Hoyer sprinkles really bad decisions in with generally competent play, there's a decent WR roster for the first time in years, Hyde is Hyde, and the team has invested heavily on defense. And of course the coaching and play calling is much improved.

So yeah, they are no longer a 2-14 kind of team. That doesn't mean they're "good" but I would be surprised if they don't finish the season with six wins.

Next seven matchups into their bye:
Cardinals
Colts
Redskins
Cowboys
Eagles
Cardinals
Giants

I could see definite win possibilities against the colts and eagles, I'm not sure about the cards, and the giants are beatable particularly when ODB is hurt, which is often.

After the bye, they go
Seahawks
Bears
Texans
Titans
Jags
Rams

I tend to think week 3 is too early to predict much that far out, because a lot can happen w/r/t injuries, team improvement, etc. but on the other hand, there's way more tape to study and the teams tend to gel and get better too. But I could tentatively speculate that the bears and jags are beatable, and week 17 probably won't matter for the niners enough for them to risk guys like hyde while the rams are maybe still contending for the division in that game.
and Oct 2nd:

Leperflesh posted:

rams may go 7-9 and win the division

Just interested in seeing what I was thinking back near the start of the season. Hoyer obviously was just there to train rookies (something else I said early on), but I was wrong about Beathard being the clear answer, at least this year (and given garoppolo's start, I doubt Beathard is getting another start until Garoppolo gets hurt).

On the other hand while I was overly optimistic about the niners pre-Garoppolo, I came pretty close anyway! Especially prescient was my prediction they'd beat the Jags, lol. If they somehow beat the Rams this week (I kind of doubt it, even though they got the jags) then I'll have been dead on with the win/loss record, albeit wrong about a bunch of the matchup results.

Meanwhile I was right about the rams winning the division, but wrong about how many wins they'd need to do it. 11-4 is just such a huge improvement year-over-year, it's amazing.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

:v:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Hopefully losing Zuerlein makes McVay a little more aware of his Pass-Pass-Pass playcalls that stall drives. They’ve kept Gurley light on touches and fresh all year, now is the time to let him free.

Again, :agreed:.

DariusLikewise posted:

I’m sure Jeff Fisher had some influence on the Rams roster but it’s Les Snead that built this team and you couldn’t convince me otherwise.

This is 100% true. Fisher doesn't know anything about staffing an NFL team in the current landscape.

gently caress Jeff Fisher.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams are the champs!!!

loving crazy!

:toot:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
There are no good OG FA's this year. <:mad:>

Praying to the draft gods that Seattle gets Quenton Nelson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

There are no good OG FA's this year. <:mad:>

Are there ever? Seems like all the good ones get locked into big extensions before their rookie deal expires.

(insert Steve Hutchinson joke here)

• Locked thread