Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

HoAssHo posted:

Hey, has this ever been posted? Because it's amazing.

I [23 M] have become my girlfriend's [21 F] personal servant. We have been dating for 9 months. Advice??

I hope he got a doormat with his name on it for Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Pick posted:

One of my most intense middle-school memories was my dad holding me down while my mother read my internet forums post history (not here) while they both laughed in my face about me pretending to be a college student who was smart and knowledgeable while I was in reality about 13 years old. anyway I hope that this guy some day experiences something as utterly humiliating as that.

later they felt so bad about it they bought me my own computer (I'd accidentally kept the window open on my mom's computer when I went to go do something) which imho was the wrong move. let the shame guide you away from bad places, and bad choices :colbert:

Your parents should not be holding you down to do anything.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

new phone who dis posted:

It was a long and drawn out conversation where all I said initially was that I didn't like it and she just had to know the exact reason why. I don't think it's manipulation when you say you don't like something outright. I didn't have some master plan to break her down with insults or whatever, she continued to press the issue into specifics and I finally told her. There was more to it than just the head shaving. She was acting weird, too. "I think this makes me look like a little Thai boy! Don't you?" Not exactly what you want to hear from someone you're dating. Why would I find a little Thai boy attractive? I stand by my cancer or lunatic prediction and it wasn't cancer.

I feel you are communicating it a little harshly and people are jumping on you for it but I'm with you my dude.

If I got a big rear end face tattoo and my wife left me I would not be surprised. She has asked my if I would like her with really short hair (she has hair to her waist right now) I have told her the same thing every single time "I like long hair, not short hair. But it's your hair and you should do what you like with it."

I would definitely wonder wtf is going on if she shaved her entire head bald and would probably take a lot of adjusting (probably not well either). But again, wife not girlfriend.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Pick posted:

One of my most intense middle-school memories was my dad holding me down while my mother read my internet forums post history (not here) while they both laughed in my face about me pretending to be a college student who was smart and knowledgeable while I was in reality about 13 years old. anyway I hope that this guy some day experiences something as utterly humiliating as that.

later they felt so bad about it they bought me my own computer (I'd accidentally kept the window open on my mom's computer when I went to go do something) which imho was the wrong move. let the shame guide you away from bad places, and bad choices :colbert:

2017 was rough for me too.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

gently caress both of those rich fucks. "a couple of cars for fun?" loving get guillotined

I'd lay money that their 'fun' car cost less than the computers most goons are browsing on.

Hell, my last beater fun car cost less than my cell phone.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
You shouldn't have mentioned you like to troll, Pick, because that would explain so much taken at face value.

Liquid Communism posted:

I'd lay money that their 'fun' car cost less than the computers most goons are browsing on.

Given the overall theme of this thread, I tend to weigh against 'reasonable decisions' as an assumption when reading posts.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Liquid Communism posted:

nice dude

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Liquid Communism posted:

That's a really weird take on a lady who is almost certainly talking about her husband wrecking their BMW.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
All these pushover goons are missing the critical question.

What's that bald freak's number?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

That's a really weird take on a lady who is almost certainly talking about her husband wrecking their BMW.

I mean, it's one BMW Michael. What could it cost? 10 dollars?!

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
My wife was thinking about cutting her hair quite a bit shorter and she asked how I felt about that. I told her to do what she wanted and that it was her decision, but that I really liked her with long hair and in general didn't find short haircuts attractive on women. So, she got a short haircut and felt kinda bummed when I said I didn't like it. Also, I'm not obligated to like it. If I suddenly gain 50 pounds, she's allowed to say she doen't like how I look. Disliking a certain look is not abuse or controlling, enforcing one is.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Everything is abuse mate

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Weird, I actually know the baby Jesus stealer, his friend group and mine overlapped. The bullshit that comes with bored city police.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Me (27F) just realized I'm not bisexual and want to break up with my GF of 6 years (28F) who is planning to propose late December are early January how do I break up with and without hurting her to bad and staying really good freinds

quote:

I always thought I was pansexual are bisexual but realized I'm actually straight. When I was sitting down and thinking about my sexuality I realized why I label myself pansexual becouse of my parents views. I all was hated how my father talked about gay people and it's a choice to love who you want to love and your not born that way. I kept arguing with my father saying it's not a choice and wanted to show him that gay love is not a bad thing and told him I was bi. I always thought women was pretty and I wouldn't mind dating one. Now I'm just realizing I never liked women sexually but could admire them. I was still questioning if I was bi sexual through high school but when father and mother kept telling me it was a phase I stuck with me being bi sexual. I met my girlfriend at senior year of college and she was a lesbain and I remember telling her how my parents were jerk and never accepted I was bi and keep telling me it was a phase. Me and her had great chemistry and we started dating. It was nice but I could never get sexual with her and it all was felt like a chore to have sex and only did it for her enjoyment. I just blamed it on me having no libido are sex drive. I thought maybe I just like really being submissive and she need to be more dominate. It wasn't the case either so we both just sayed it was my low sex drive. But I always was looking at guys and all was dreaming of having sex with them and then I thought penetration must turn me on alot. I got her to buy a strap on to penetrate me but it just still didn't feel right but it felt good atleast and I thought I could keep having sex like this so evertime we have sex I ask her can she use the strap on but I kept fantasizing it was a guy who was having sex with me. It's been six years we haved been together so far and we were talking about marriage and she told me she would proposed after Christmas and somewhere around early January. I knew something was wrong when I couldn't see myself with her in the future and felt I'm missing out on life. Now I realized me having fantasies about men wasn't for there masculinity but I'm straight and only like men sexually and not attracted to women sexually. I want to stay with her but it would be unfair for her. She has been talking to me about being not physical with her like cuddling and and kissing. She is my bestfreind and I want to stay with friends her. I want to start explorer my sexuality atleast in another year and we both share the house but the house is in my name and I'm not going to kick her out. I don't want it to be hard for her when I start dating. How do I break up with her without taking her soul out?? Should I tell her becouse I'm straight??? I'm sorry right now I really want to stay with her but I just can't do it anymore and it looks like she needs physical love and which I can't provide. I'm really sad right now it has to be this way :(

Tl;dr me dating girlfriend of six realized I'm not pan are bi but straight and want to stay friends with her and with out breaking her heart. I want to start dating soon with out hurting her and I'm not going to kick her out my house.

Holy poo poo imagine wasting your twenties and ruining some poor woman's life to prove you're woke to your parents

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
What a selfish, spineless sack of poo poo. Jesus I feel bad for the 'girlfriend'.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Maybe she's ESL but if her writing is anything to go by she's dumb as poo poo and a living argument against sending every kid to college.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Mameluke posted:

Me (27F) just realized I'm not bisexual and want to break up with my GF of 6 years (28F) who is planning to propose late December are early January how do I break up with and without hurting her to bad and staying really good freinds

Holy poo poo imagine wasting your twenties and ruining some poor woman's life to prove you're woke to your parents

Imagine writing like this and also being this big of a shitheaded motherfucker

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Mameluke posted:

Wtf

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

The rorshach-esque outsider-vigilante of the League of Pete.

loving lol.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
What hurts her most of all is that her parents were right all along and it was just a phase.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Jeza posted:

What hurts her most of all is that her parents were right all along and it was just a phase.

If she doesn't want her parents to be right, she should just continue to live a lie until they are dead. Bing Bong, so simple!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

What a selfish, spineless sack of poo poo. Jesus I feel bad for the 'girlfriend'.

Yeah, poor Les Bain.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jeza posted:

The selfishness is insane.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
given the amount of bed death on display here is she absolutely sure she's 100% straight? maybe a few more years of inertia would prove it

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

boner confessor posted:

given the amount of bed death on display here is she absolutely sure she's 100% straight? maybe a few more years of inertia would prove it

Yeah maybe she can do the opposite of those gay cure camps, and try forcing herself to be gay

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

You shouldn't have mentioned you like to troll, Pick, because that would explain so much taken at face value.

LOL if you thought I was the biggest troll in this thread.

I just get bored and contrarian.

Edit: also i call bs on being smart enough to trick people to think you're in college, but not smart enough to clear the history / use private browsing mode.

Luckily my parents were so illiterate I could just use Firefox and leave IE as the default.

Though, in retrospect, having completely unmonitored, unfiltered access to the internet via a high speed connection from age 10 onwards may have not been the best thing in the world...

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 26, 2017

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Mameluke posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_IYrltqYrU

Just stick it out for the long haul!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OctaMurk posted:

Yeah maybe she can do the opposite of those gay cure camps, and try forcing herself to be gay

its called theater camp

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
hot take: women who completely shave their heads and are not cancer ridden tend to be weird

there was this one coffeeshop i used to like because they were weird and "grunge"y and served alcohol and sandwiches and stuff like a european cafe and had a bathroom covered in cool graffiti and in general it felt like if twin peaks had a 90s coffee shop

it was a bus ride away from my university so sometimes id make a special trip to get coffee and use the wifi (this was back when a GOOD cafe with wifi was rare)

anyways there was this bald girl who worked there who looked like the bald chick from empire records

anyways she was super pissy (even by pretending to be a parisian punk cafe standards) and would not speak to you, glare, etc

so i go and order a large cofee in a mug (you had to say in a mug or she'd give you the paper ones regardless of the size you ordered shorting you coffee). she glares and the price displays on the register... let's say it was 2.72. I hand her 3 dollar bills. She puts the money in, takes the change, dumps it in the tip jar, then glares at me.

"uh... did you just dump my change in the tip jar"
"you *really* want that money? you don't want to tip your server?!"
"i mean, honestly i probably would have put it in, but it's a bit rude to just assume"
"you want me to get it out? you don't want to tip?"
"so is this something you do to everyone? throw the change in and hope they won't speak up?"
"well it's in there now, there' s no way to know which is yours"
"you could do the math"
"you know what? if you want it so bad, get it yourself!"

she goes off to make the coffee, death staring me. i watch closely in case she spits.

i decided not to do anything, maybe shes having a bad day.

came back about a week later, same thing happened, difference being I gave her a five and she put it all (including the bills) in the tip jar

"uh... that was my change"
"you weren't going to tip?"
"no i didn't plan on tipping 100%"
"well it's all mixed in now, we don't know whose is whose, i GUESS you can fish it out if you think you can tell whose is whose"
"you mean to tell me you can't remember how much change i was due five seconds ago?"
"nope"
"can you look back in the register"
"i don't know how to do that"
"so you want me to remember and fish out what's mine?"
"if that's what you wanna do" *glares more*
"what if i get the number wrong?"
"you seem like such a smart guy" she spat, and turned around to start pouring my coffee: dark and bitter like me

at that point i was pissed so i reached in and grabbed all the paper money (like, 12 bucks in singles) and walked out while her back was turned making my coffee. she noticed as i was walking out and started yelling so i booked it... aka ran for 10 seconds around the corner and sat down at the bus stop. she was too lazy to come around or she'd have seen me sitting there for a solid 15 minutes waiting for the bus back to campus

i felt kind of guilty for technically stealing tips so i ended up putting it in the tip jar of the hipster coffee place closer to campus i bussed to

i ended up confiding to a friend, feeling like the whole thing had been somewhat insane, and he told me he'd had the same thing happen. eventually it came up at a party and i realized every in my group had encountered this grift.

anyways, someone told me they hadn't seen her in a while so i went back, and was greeted by another bald angry woman. this one only shifted her glare from me to the tip jar repeatedly after handing me my change.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Mameluke posted:

gently caress yeah, this is amazing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Moneybald

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Mameluke posted:

https://youtu.be/iMa-vjwwK_4

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I'd call bullshit except that I've had people this lovely to me at coffee shops, and for some reason it is only hipster faux-foreign cafes that hire these people.

and then they always act shocked when they get fired for being an rear end in a top hat to customers :lol:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

maskenfreiheit posted:

hot take: women who completely shave their heads and are not cancer ridden tend to be weird

there was this one coffeeshop i used to like because they were weird and "grunge"y and served alcohol and sandwiches and stuff like a european cafe and had a bathroom covered in cool graffiti and in general it felt like if twin peaks had a 90s coffee shop

it was a bus ride away from my university so sometimes id make a special trip to get coffee and use the wifi (this was back when a GOOD cafe with wifi was rare)

anyways there was this bald girl who worked there who looked like the bald chick from empire records

anyways she was super pissy (even by pretending to be a parisian punk cafe standards) and would not speak to you, glare, etc

so i go and order a large cofee in a mug (you had to say in a mug or she'd give you the paper ones regardless of the size you ordered shorting you coffee). she glares and the price displays on the register... let's say it was 2.72. I hand her 3 dollar bills. She puts the money in, takes the change, dumps it in the tip jar, then glares at me.

"uh... did you just dump my change in the tip jar"
"you *really* want that money? you don't want to tip your server?!"
"i mean, honestly i probably would have put it in, but it's a bit rude to just assume"
"you want me to get it out? you don't want to tip?"
"so is this something you do to everyone? throw the change in and hope they won't speak up?"
"well it's in there now, there' s no way to know which is yours"
"you could do the math"
"you know what? if you want it so bad, get it yourself!"

she goes off to make the coffee, death staring me. i watch closely in case she spits.

i decided not to do anything, maybe shes having a bad day.

came back about a week later, same thing happened, difference being I gave her a five and she put it all (including the bills) in the tip jar

"uh... that was my change"
"you weren't going to tip?"
"no i didn't plan on tipping 100%"
"well it's all mixed in now, we don't know whose is whose, i GUESS you can fish it out if you think you can tell whose is whose"
"you mean to tell me you can't remember how much change i was due five seconds ago?"
"nope"
"can you look back in the register"
"i don't know how to do that"
"so you want me to remember and fish out what's mine?"
"if that's what you wanna do" *glares more*
"what if i get the number wrong?"
"you seem like such a smart guy" she spat, and turned around to start pouring my coffee: dark and bitter like me

at that point i was pissed so i reached in and grabbed all the paper money (like, 12 bucks in singles) and walked out while her back was turned making my coffee. she noticed as i was walking out and started yelling so i booked it... aka ran for 10 seconds around the corner and sat down at the bus stop. she was too lazy to come around or she'd have seen me sitting there for a solid 15 minutes waiting for the bus back to campus

i felt kind of guilty for technically stealing tips so i ended up putting it in the tip jar of the hipster coffee place closer to campus i bussed to

i ended up confiding to a friend, feeling like the whole thing had been somewhat insane, and he told me he'd had the same thing happen. eventually it came up at a party and i realized every in my group had encountered this grift.

anyways, someone told me they hadn't seen her in a while so i went back, and was greeted by another bald angry woman. this one only shifted her glare from me to the tip jar repeatedly after handing me my change.

Par excellence

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

maskenfreiheit posted:

LOL if you thought I was the biggest troll in this thread.

I just get bored and contrarian.

:ok:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Yawgmoth posted:

I'd call bullshit except that I've had people this lovely to me at coffee shops, and for some reason it is only hipster faux-foreign cafes that hire these people.

and then they always act shocked when they get fired for being an rear end in a top hat to customers :lol:

i was really hung over when it happened the first time and it felt pretty surreal. half of why i didn't press it is i started doubting my own sanity. maybe i instinctively put it in? second time i went overboard because damnit, i was right and now she's taking my copier money! (was going to go to the library after to copy some problem sets from a textbook rather than buy it :cool:)

also a few years later i went to a weird al show and i forget if he was improvising lines pre-song or it was part of the song but he specifically referenced "The snooty baristas at [COFFEESHOP NAME]" and the whole room went wild so i guess it's gotten a reputation?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Should I ask my barista out?

quote:

This girl makes my coffee mon-fri. We've laughed and joked around and talked a hundred times. Always for just a minute or two. She stared drawing a heart on my coffee cup like a month ago and smiles a lot but we never have that time to talk with other ppl in line. I would normally just ask but this is my everyday coffee spot. I like it and don't want to screw it up or make this girl uncomfortable. If she said no it would be fine. I wouldn't be butt hurt, but I'm not sure it wouldn't make things awkward. Probably way over thinking it. Advice?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if you are absolutely sure that a foodservice worker is flirting with you, just hand them your number on a piece of paper and don't go back there for a few months

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I (27F) genuinely love my husband (27M)...and I also love my best friend (29M) and am grieving our 'breakup'.

quote:

Don't come to me with that lovely Johnny Depp quote about not truly loving the first person if you fell in love with the second... because that assumes you were with the first person when you met the second....

Backstory - Dated 27M when we were 16. High school sweethearts and that cliched story. Swore I would marry him but that scared the poo poo out of me so broke up with him (16 yo logic right). Loved him in my heart of hearts, never truly forgot about him but had to move on. We dated other people and didn't talk again until we were 21.

During that time I went to university and made friends with 29M. He quickly became my best friend. 29M is still hands down my best friend - supportive, fun, adventurous, creative, kind.... and really good at sex. We had a great time during our 4 years at uni and made thousands of awesome memories. I fell in love with him. He was never someone I would want to spend the rest of my life with though, simply because I needed more from him - I needed someone who could help me take on the world, someone who knew when to hold me and when to leave me alone, someone who could give me what I needed... And he needed more too. He needed a different kind of love and affection that I couldn't give. He understands this and we'd talk about it often. Although not something either of us liked... we accepted it and both of us dated other people... though always came back to each other.

During the final year of our studies when I was 21, 27M got in touch with me and all my 16 year old emotions came flooding back. We caught up and it was like nothing had changed- our goals were aligned, our values aligned, our differences complemented each other and when he put his arms around me I felt at home. We moved in together, got a dog, bought a house, got married, and are still living in a dream 6 years on - I could not ask for more and my heart swells with joy when I think about him. We love each other and we have a very good life.

29M and I work together... incidentally in the same team (our uni course was pretty niche). He has a partner, they are building their family home together, he loves her and he is happy.

But we still have sex. We sneak kisses in the stairwells at work, and spend hours together talking about nothing. I love him and I love my husband.... Hate me if you want, but it's true. I love them both. Equally but differently.

Obviously, this is not sustainable, healthy or even morally OK so the logical thing is to end it with 29M. The past 7 years we have tried to "just be friends" but we always end up in bed or even just holding hands.... we didn't really want to be apart, only that we knew it was wrong.

We need to cut ties completely for us to move on and commit 100% to our partners. So we have... Well, I said some hurtful things to him- that I need more from him if we were ever to really give it a go, that we're not compatible for xyz reasons, that we can never hang out again. And he sat there in silence and we parted and haven't talked since.

And so now I am grieving this relationship, grieving the loss of my friendship and writing on here, probably more to get it out because who can I tell.

Any advice on what I should do next?

I'm not going to reply to the hate comments... I KNOW.
Telling my husband of my infidelity will end in divorce and I'd rather avoid that- do I owe it to him to tell him. Probably.
I don't know what will happen if 29M told his partner
Polygamy is not in the question, I've already explored that
And I don't want leave 27M and spend the rest of my life with 29M and he doesn't want to spend the rest of his life with me.

tl;dr: Love my husband and my male best friend. Had to end my affair with best friend. Grieving breakup and loss of friendship.

:distonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
The answer is never to flirt with a woman who is being forced to be polite to you, let alone ask her out.