Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
In the future being a white guy with corn rows and a Hitler stashe is cool not weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

In the future being a white guy with corn rows and a Hitler stashe is cool not weird

If having corn rows is wrong then I don't wanna be alt-right.

Also check it out the robots from Z got rehired:

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 25, 2017

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Well, we need to repair the damage done by Psyke's raid on us.

Psyke is one of the three gangs (Osiron is neutral to us, Diablo is allied). They hate each other and they hate the cops, except for Diablo who has a treaty with the cops. Psyke themselves has a slightly lower balance than in this pic, they also have slightly higher income.

Their raid was mostly a failure. They weren't able to do any significant damage to our base or any of our stuff and they lost a bunch of agents and equipment, but they were able to kill a hole-y ghost, one of our best biologists.

karms is gonna take a hole-y ghost's spot. This was the first guy I bothered to check where they came from, apparently karms' previous job was water purifier work for Evonet. Sort of a lateral career move tbf

I hold off on hiring more agents. We have enough guys for our immediate needs, but we will have to hire some more soon. We get paid tomorrow anyway so that'll be a big hire day.

Next will be infiltration report:

Looks like the Cult decrease is starting to taper off. Our allies are also being infiltrated, but that seems to be dropping (we just did a brutal mission in one of their buildings. Osiron is on the upswing. This may represent aliens spreading out from Diablo into nearby buildings, or they could have directly injected without us knowing. I think it's the former, because normally if the aliens drop directly into a building the alien influence will sharply spike upwards.

Osiron generally owns the buildings between us and Diablo. They also are the only gang to own property outside the slums, a warehouse (so maybe their the xcom of gangs). The Sentient Engine Liberation Front is in our neighborhood too, are real, are strong, and our friends.

North of that but still near us is some police stations, another SELF building, and the two Psyke buildings.

Science Dept Update:
Phy: Alien Control System (24%), Advanced Physics Lab (4 days till completion)
Eng: Toxin Type B x16 (60%)

Biology Department:
PhantomPayne, PathAsc
AbbadonOfHell, Big Beef City
karms, A Pack of Kobolds
Olanphonia, Vadun
MilkmanLuke, Lurks Morington

Pick a Research Topic:
1) Popper Autopsy: A small bipedal alien creature
2) Skeletoid Autopsy: A humanoid alien with an exoskeleton structure

We also need to decide what we're going to do in the immediate future.
    Choose an Option:
  1. Raid Psyke, crush them, drive them before us, hear their lamentations, etc
    a) Civic Project. Owner: Psyke. Function: Slums. Smaller building.
    b) Necronomicon Mansions. Owner: Psyke. Function: Slums. Bigger one.
  2. Investigate for alien influence in the city.
    a) The Cult
    b) Diablo
    c) Osiron
  3. Hire and arm our agents with more powerful weapons & gear
  4. Buy and equip our vehicles with more powerful weapons & gear

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
1B

Bring all the guns and let the rookies learn what is best in life.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

4. We need more sky ownage.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Prince of Space posted:

1B

Bring all the guns and let the rookies learn what is best in life.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

yeah I forgot to mention, Single and LOVING IT is actually shaping up to be p deece.

We hire sekenr, this is gonna be our last robot for a little while, because we don't have enough living space. Dunno what their previous job was before joining X-Com, but it was something very close to our second base.

So that's 10 bots, I figure we could go with 5 more muties and 2 more humans, that should give us an even mix of the agent types. Sorta sucks because "Powerful Tow-Hander" would have been a good bot name.

Raid -- Necronomicon Mansions:
S1: pop fly to McGillicutty, sekenr, Waffle House, Deadbeat Poetry
S2: William Henry Hairytaint, ElectricSheep, SnotGrumble, Grem

I figure we'll go with heavy munitions and a lot of psi on this mission. Everyone who isn't Grem or a mutant has a weapon that pumps out high explosive.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGKD_5d3qFk

We load in and it's another giant slum apartment clusterfuck. I send Grem up to the roof.

The psykers come out waving their ams and poo poo like it's fuckin Power Rangers.
https://i.imgur.com/mOH8LJu.gifv

senker disabuses them of that notion
https://i.imgur.com/nuynwHf.gifv

Waffle House & Deadbeat pump out the mindwaves
I have Grem give them a present from Diablo
https://i.imgur.com/n1tJ4Ns.gifv
They get a reaction shot, and they're no Who What Nows. so it fucks up his leg armor a little, but he sets their farm on fire.

Taint comes up and applies more images of horror, I have Snot come around to cover.
https://i.imgur.com/2cEXvto.gifv
The brainwaves work and the two closest ones are paralyzed by horror, howver the rest hide in the smoke where nobody can see them and repeatedly headshot Grem. JFC our ability to aim is somewhat suboptimal compared to them.
https://i.imgur.com/tuY7b5M.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/vdZ7Diq.gifv

On their turn they mostly run around on fire while we shoot ourselves. They land some shots but it doesn't penetrate armor.
https://i.imgur.com/ywEvl7M.gifv

Taint, Waffle, & Deadbeat continue the psychic onslaught, and I have Snot and sekenr put the pressure on them
https://i.imgur.com/P9VPl8T.gifv

The brainwaves mostly keep them from acting, but one breaks out and fucks up Waffle
https://i.imgur.com/Bx2lyAa.gifv

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

We got three psiclones and a couple guns of various kinds. Little bit of ammo. We actually ended up destroying a small but measureable amount of the stuff.

The cops blow up a random car near us. Other than that there's really not much going on.

Science Dept Update:

Biology Department:
PhantomPayne, PathAsc
karms, A Pack of Kobolds
Olanphonia, Vadun

Pick a Research Topic:
  1. Popper Autopsy: A small bipedal alien creature
  2. Skeletoid Autopsy: A humanoid alien with an exoskeleton structure

Choose an Option:
  1. Raid:
    a) Psyke
    b) The Cult
  2. Investigate:
    a) The Cult
    b) Diablo
    c) Osiron

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 26, 2017

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Hell yeah, killed a bunch of organics on the first day

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah, that weapon's a minilauncher. Like Sheeps big launcher, but it shoots faster at the cost of smaller explosions. It also has tracking missiles.
E: I had Sheep lugging that goddamn thing up to the top floor so he could shoot off the balcony like a loving psycho but the mission ended before he could get there. The fences around their dirt farms were too tall to risk shooting a missile directly past our guys.

Pop Fly also had a neat trick that has been ready to get used for literally the entire game, but the opportunity has not presented itself. A Psyke raid could be the perfect place for it, if the map was just a little bit different.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Dec 26, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SniperWoreConverse posted:

We got three psiclones and a couple guns of various kinds. Little bit of ammo. We actually ended up destroying a small but measureable amount of the stuff.

The cops blow up a random car near us. Other than that there's really not much going on.

Science Dept Update:

Biology Department:
PhantomPayne, PathAsc
karms, A Pack of Kobolds
Olanphonia, Vadun

Pick a Research Topic:
  1. Popper Autopsy: A small bipedal alien creature
  2. Skeletoid Autopsy: A humanoid alien with an exoskeleton structure

Choose an Option:
  1. Raid:
    a) Psyke
    b) The Cult
  2. Investigate:
    a) The Cult
    b) Diablo
    c) Osiron

Research 2, smoke some meth

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Hey guys, i'm new here and exited about the opportunity to find out just how these things tick! *pokes at a wobbly bit* Hmm, this looks like a... nose? *lifts an appendage* ... this is a butt, maybe? *sniffs the bottom bit* ... smells like brussel sprouts

... Well anyway I'm happy I can help out anyway I can.

Edit: I like to research the skeletoid thing, thank you.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I like the cut of your jib, karms. Welcome to the sex havers club

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Yeah, let's go with skeletoid first, then move to popper. Let the new guy see what we're working with in here.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Well, looks like we're going to be running into problems here. Both Diablo and Osiron are rapidly being infiltrated by aliens. Maybe we wanna look into that?

Science Dept Update:
Phy: Alien Control System (41%), Advanced Physics Lab (4 days till completion)
Eng: Toxin Type B x16 (98%)

Biology moves onto the popper research, it's the only specimen they have left to prod. If that research doesn't do some kind of combo effect with what we know from before they'll be spinning their wheels until we can get something new for them.

Choose an Option:
  1. Raid:
    a) Psyke
    b) The Cult
  2. Investigate:
    a) Osiron
    b) Diablo
    c) The Cult

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Investigate diablo friends

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
I think we need to stop Osiron's line from going higher? That's how this company works right? I'm not good with numbers I only poke alien bits

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Voting 4, so I can ride in style.

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.
Investigate Diablo. Can't risk losing our friends.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

3 first (assuming it takes no time) then investigate diablo because we can't let our bros get taken over!

Edit:toxin up first though...

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

3 first (assuming it takes no time) then investigate diablo because we can't let our bros get taken over!

iawtp

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Edit:toxin up first though...

It would take time but not a really meaningful amount unless I bought the poo poo, let the game run to get delivered, and then just didn't come back. We've got toxin online already. When you do production runs it will output as they're built, so Eng basically produced 15 and are stapling the 16th together rn

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Investigate Diablo, then raid Osiron.

Don't buy anything new or cool for anybody until we start getting really smashed.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
At least I'm passable at projecting horrifying images into brains since grenades are apparently too loving heavy for me.

Anyway, voted help out our Diablo bros.

Aren't our vehicles completely outclassed now? Need to work on that.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
it's a creeping outclass situation. The aliens are slowly but steadily ramping up the kind of ships and the equipment the ships have. Right now we don't have the ability to shoot them down before they accomplish their alien poo poo and drop more guys into the city. We could reequip and probably reverse this situation so we're not totally fundimentally outclassed.

Osiron is currently neutral to us. They're enemies with both Diablo and Psyke, but they're also enemies with the cops. I think the fact that the aliens hosed up their poo poo has balanced them back to neutral. Their buildings have been repeatedly blown up by aliens (and our stray missiles), so they're pretty ambivalent and not really our enemies. If we pound on Psyke enough, and possibly if they sign a treaty with the cops like Diablo did, they might even start to warm up to us more. If we raid them they'll become our enemies and almost certainly try to raid us. They won't be like Nutrivend and try to solve this diplomatically.

they also have a warehouse on the west side, but IMO that's not really meaningful for alien influence. Aliens mostly are either direct injected or move building to building. Osiron's buildings in the southeast are the ones that would have had aliens I think, so if we investigate them that's where I'd start. Diablo has the two buildings all the way at the bottom of the screen; I think that's where they got infected from, but their influence graph is so steep makes it seem like they may have gotten a direct injection. You can see there's a lot of damage in the lovely part of the city anyway. That's part of why Diablo started to like us in the first place, and probably why Osiron isn't that mad that we're a friend of two of their enemies. That and we're enemies with one of their other enemies.

It's weird that we already checked out Diablo before and that merely slowed the alien influence, it didn't stop it. If this trend keeps going we're gonna have to be a lot more proactive with shooting down UFOs or with clean up missions on the ground.

The aliens only sent their shitpile ships one time, iirc. There's no loving way we could have taken them out by ourselves -- even if they looked like turds they were insanely fast and powerful. It was a team effort by us, Diablo, the Cops, and the Government. Now all the aliens' ships have some kind of shield effect, so it'd be even worse. We could try to donate to Osiron's "civic projects" like with SELF, or we could just buy a fuckload of guns.

Every option has trade offs. I dunno what the cops would do if we got friendly with 2/3ds the crime gangs. Guns would probably cost more money in the long run. We'll have to deal with this in some kinda way. Letting any org get fully alien'd would be pretty bad. Letting a gang get alien'd would be worse than a regular org, I think.

We'll be scoping out one of Diablo's buildings p soon.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I have the bots swing by and pick up more agents from Enfield. From there we blow up two or three civillians for kicks.

George Orwell Block has no aliens and Diablo gets grumbly about it, but one block down we do find some.

Investigation -- Grey Visitor Towers:
S1: Chillgamesh, Molothecat, Sekenr, Deadbeat Poetry
S2: William Henry Hairytaint, SnotGrumble, reality_groove, PenguinSalsa

Somehow this is literally the same map we just played against Psyke, except we start in the southwest corner instead of east side. Never had that happen before. Makes it a little easier to find them I guess.

We start the sweep and Sekenr checks out one of their dirt farm shacks. Nothing. On their turn a popper and spitter peek out the window
https://i.imgur.com/z3a9mGC.gifv
Luckily Snot's machinelike precision hit the spitter and didn't cause a chain reaction that would blow up the whole building. I left the HE ammo in.

Penguin gets multiple strong as gently caress hits on the scanner, so instead of sending Taint further up the lift I back off.

The ones behind and to the left are Sekenr and a bunch of fat as gently caress goonish civvies. Probably most of the aliens are inside and are moving fast enough that they must be raring for a fight.

I was wrong of course. They don't come out. The civvies get spooked when they see us and 3 stooge around a little bit. Penguin picks up more hits on the scanner tho, whatever's inside is coming towards the door. Reality spots them. The goddamn place is swarming with them.
https://i.imgur.com/G5wZkpF.gifv
3 clean kills, but it was a strategic fuckup, Reality is exposed to poppers or brainsuckers. Not a good look. If we had Grem or Who What Now they could just float up to the window and kill the popper at least. Maybe when we get paid we can pick up more flying armor.

I have Sekenr check the other dirt shack just to be sure, but it was just civvies after all. This is gonna suck, because if the popper comes out and blows up the lift we will have no way to access the rest of the building to end the mission.
https://i.imgur.com/NknE2ro.gifv
uh, whelp.

It didn't break any access to the building itself tho. I have Salsa toss Reality the medkit and fix the whole mangled crippled arm situation.

Taint takes the lift and sees nothing. I doubt they're only on the first floor.

So maybe it's a 5050 that there may or may not be more poppers. I load everyone into the elevator and hope we can just shoot it down. Senekr finds a gross basement but it doesn't have any aliens. No contacts on their turn so I have him run and cover the exits so they can't get out. I bet there's some flying guys. We do eventually run into the spitter.
https://i.imgur.com/Dletsco.gifv

substantially easier mission than I expected. That toxin does a ton of damage, but we can't spray and pray with it. We probably shot like $900 out the end of a gun.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Sounds like we need to invest in some anti air or we'll be drowning in aliens by month's end

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
depends, it seems like the aliens in the city are spreading out, so maybe it'll be more easy missions instead of a few hell missions. Probably better to stay ahead of the curve, but depending on what they send out now we may not be able to keep up. It might be a waste of cash. We won't know until we actually do it.

Choose an Option:
  1. Raid:
    a) Psyke
    b) The Cult
  2. Investigate:
    a) Osiron
    b) Diablo
    c) The Cult

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
2A - Osiron

Ally or not, they were next on the list for our extermination xenosanitation services.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
As much as I want to keep raiding Psyke to punish them, investigating Osiron seems like the smart move right now.

Also can we get a bigger engineering lab so they can make toxin rounds faster?

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

I'm still good coach, just ignore my mangled arm.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

vortmax posted:

As much as I want to keep raiding Psyke to punish them, investigating Osiron seems like the smart move right now.

Also can we get a bigger engineering lab so they can make toxin rounds faster?

We don't know how. Physics will have to come up with some kinda blueprint or something.

reality_groove posted:

I'm still good coach, just ignore my mangled arm.

They still use duct tape in 2084, you'll be fine.

Instead of going on missions I let the guys drive around to go pick some people up and they do that thing where they're already drunk at 4pm and take a few wrong turns. Also they see a cultist and shoot a missile at him.
https://i.imgur.com/DcRNkgi.gifv

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

I'd like to sign up to be a physicist! I figure our boffins could use some extra help to get us to take the fight to the alien dimension or whatever.

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.
2A and 4.

Maintain vigilance and sweet rides!

Speaking of which, during the next missile madness joyride, someone needs to stop by the Hyper Mart. Project Marinade needs some brown sugar, some apple cider vinegar, and a few batches of programmable gene plasmids.

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
Osiron is leading in xeno-collaboration. Purify the unclean.

Also upgrade the whips.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I need to stop my more important projects and bottle my mead, so while that is filtering I have time to update. Spoiler Alert: I'm not posting the "don't get hurt" screen for a reason

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I didn't tape it but I swapped the guys around and had them come back to the first base, this time they went the non retarded way and shot a missile again, but it was a direct hit that didn't blow up the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2FtNslTR4g

Investigation -- Thomas Moore Tower:
Owner: Osiron. Function: Slum.
S1: poverty goat, Chillgamesh, Molothecat, William Henry Hairytaint
S2: Sekenr, Deadbeat Poetry, PenguinSalsa, Alan Smithee

Load in, nice open map. This map is very similar to the first mission I ever played. I accidentally murdered civilians because I thought their weird style meant they were aliens. Boy was my face red when a pair of arthropods came clomping out!

Right off the bat we make contact. This is just a chrysalis so gently caress it.

https://i.imgur.com/irhlFsx.gifv
Well, there goes a good agent. If he had shot his rocket instead of running away he probably would have lived. Guess I should have ordered him to be aggressive instead of neutral reaction stance. Sorry bud

I have penguin take Senekr's medkit and heal up.
https://i.imgur.com/d3vKmcH.gifv
No more contacts. All the sensor sweeps show the aliens are backing off.

I gently caress up the cap but Chill is able to murder the arthropod with the sword. I have Goat back him up, but there's another popper
https://i.imgur.com/tiT5Kqv.gifv
Perfect lob, nice. Wonder if Osiron will be pissed we blew up a ton of their garbage?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

4b, I crave more humans to murder. Also I feel like we neglected our fleet too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
pre:
        _.---,._,'
       /' _.--.<
         /'     `'  
       /' _.---.____
       \.'   ___, .-'`									
           /'    \\  				       (.\
         /'       `-.			       	       |/(\
 X-COM  |                             			\ \\
Memorial|        .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~" "'\
Landfill|      .' R  I  P `.    .' R  I  P `.    .' R  I  P `.
        |      |   Free    |    |  Resting  |    |Brazillian-|
        |      |  Hubcaps  |    | B1tchface |    | peanutwar |
        |      |FELL  700FT|    |BRAINSUCKED|    |BRAINSUCKED|
         \   \\|  0 Kills  |//\\|  1 Kill   |//\\|  0 Kills  |//
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~~`-.    
  .' R  I  P `.    .' R  I  P `.    .' R  I  p `.    .' R  I  P `.  
  | Honky Dong|    |  Away all |    | Yvershek  |    | Harveygod |  
  |  Country  |    |   Goats   |    |           |    |           |  
  |BRAINSUCKED|    | BLOWN UP  |    | BLOWN UP  |    | VAPORIZED |  
\\| 16 Kills  |//\\|  4 Kills  |//\\|  9 Kills  |//\\| 10 Kills  |//
    .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~~`-.    
  .' R  I  P `.    .' R  i  P `.    .' R  I  p `.    .' R  I  P `.  
  |  Sammus   |    |  Jawdins  |    | a hole-y  |    |  Senekr   |  
  |           |    |           |    |   ghost   |    |           |  
  | VAPORIZED |    | BLED  OUT |    | VAPORIZED |    | BLOWN UP  |  
\\| 10 kills  |//\\|  6 Kills  |//\\|16 Projects|//\\|  2 Kills  |//

So that's that. We'll need to let more time pass before we'll know if that solved Osiron's problem or not. Next up will be ship inventory post

• Locked thread