Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/945448872503009280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, he and Brandi come off as doing an indie version of Hunter and Stephanie's gimmick, except they know they're not supposed to be cool

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

It was, Hard Times wasn't a particularly notable promo at the time. He did those promos all the time.

I have no idea what Cody's appeal is, but he clearly has it so I can't really deny whatever it is.

I've heard promoters love him and he's a good locker room guy, that's gotta count for something.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

I've heard promoters love him and he's a good locker room guy, that's gotta count for something.

It does help him get bookings but that doesn't really make fans come see you and buy your poo poo. He's actually bringing in fans on top of being liked backstage.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The fan festival schedule is on the English website now and they're definitely announcing an NJPW video game.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

It does help him get bookings but that doesn't really make fans come see you and buy your poo poo. He's actually bringing in fans on top of being liked backstage.

I've chalked it up to him having supreme confidence in presenting the whole "misused former WWE talent" thing. Lots of people, like Adam Rose, float that out there but get exposed as simply being nothing special. The difference between those bums and Rhodes is that he makes an effort to present something different than what he was doing in WWE. He also made a point to give the impression he was excited to work the indies with that list he posted on Twitter. I think, in a sense, there isn't a ton of difference between Shane Douglas going to ECW and becoming a big deal to that type of fan, and what Cody is doing now. Cody is a very confident talker who is buoyed by being a member of Bullet Club who is able to appear frequently in the U.S., and as tired as some may be of the Bullet Club, it puts butts in seats. Conversely, Douglas was a very confident talker who had the underground buzz of ECW doing the same thing for him that BC does for Cody. The major difference being that Rhodes is a better wrestler and doesn't get exposed as badly as Douglas when he doesn't have booking covering for his deficiencies.

Cody can also cut a strong heel promo without dropping 30 F bombs.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cody is a very good wrestler, talker and creative. Does absolutely nothing for me, however. He's not even offensively boring like Jay Lethal.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Cody is also extremely handsome which goes far.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Strawberry Panda posted:

Cody is also extremely handsome which goes far.

yeah he got none of his dad's looks. bleached his hair recently though.

for real though i think cody is extremely charismatic in the right role, and the whole american nightmare thing was the right role for him. Cody's got a great sneering, cocky charisma that he's using to it's fullest extent. he'd be aimless like ryback or jack swagger without it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kota Ibushi on books

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/945476040150810629

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Baron Corbyn posted:

The fan festival schedule is on the English website now and they're definitely announcing an NJPW video game.

Chances this is firepro dlc which I would buy in a heartbeat???

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

algebra testes posted:

Chances this is firepro dlc which I would buy in a heartbeat???
Zero chance, Fire Pro isn't licensing any official companies for a reason

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I want to live in the universe Kota Ibushi inhabits for about 15 minutes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibushi is the best and my favourite. :allears:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
So AKI is gonna develop the NJPW game and it will finally surpass No Mercy as the best wrestling game right?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Zero chance, Fire Pro isn't licensing any official companies for a reason

The fire pro guys teased big surprising news in January so #AskQuestions

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

So AKI is gonna develop the NJPW game and it will finally surpass No Mercy as the best wrestling game right?

Yes, but their experience as syn sophia will lead them to make a Tanahashi-themed fashion game instead.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Even better then.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just have the Yakuza guys make an NJPW beat em up.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

KoldPT posted:

Yes, but their experience as syn sophia will lead them to make a Tanahashi-themed fashion game instead.

Hell, I'd buy it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

VJeff posted:

Just have the Yakuza guys make an NJPW beat em up.

a yakuza style game where you switch off between tana, okada, and naito as the playable characters would be my dream game. minoru suzuki is basically kuze from y0 anyway.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
kota ibushi is unquestionably the coolest person in wrestling and nobody even comes close

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bard Maddox posted:

kota ibushi is unquestionably the coolest person in wrestling and nobody even comes close

MDK.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

someone book that

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

has he come back since KO powerbombed him off the stage?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

has he come back since KO powerbombed him off the stage?

that's MGK and yes, he was at Tribute to the Troops

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thauros posted:

a yakuza style game where you switch off between tana, okada, and naito as the playable characters would be my dream game. minoru suzuki is basically kuze from y0 anyway.

Yakuza team is already working on Hokuto ga Gotoku (aka Fist of the Yakuza) which is a crossover with Fist of the North Star coming next year, and since I want this NJPW game to come out soon, I hope that is something that comes along down the line.

just please god let it be a Good Wrestling Game (non-Fire Pro division) and I'll be happy.

I doubt it's Fire Pro itself licensing in the game, the only license they've done was the Takayama DLC and that was charity.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
what if njpw came to them

what if its just more mobile game junk

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

what if njpw came to them

what if its just more mobile game junk

The mobile games don’t usually warrant this level (WK12 fan fest) of announcement and fanfare.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It'll be a video game...of the Trading card game!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

my sources say its an Oregon Trail game but with NJPW guys and a tour bus.

Something may have gotten lost in translation.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

RIP KINPURO

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope its a real game and not a fire pro modpack or some bullsh

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
But official chars with music and entrances would be amazing imo.

I thought the GBA had one official company... NOAH?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Coaaab posted:

I'm currently going through the list in the MOTY thread for all the New Japan stuff I've missed out on for the past year, and that BOSJ TAKA/Taichu match was something else
I'm now starting G1 27, and the two big bumps in Naito/Ibushi made me go WHAT THE gently caress out loud

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Coaaab posted:

I'm now starting G1 27, and the two big bumps in Naito/Ibushi made me go WHAT THE gently caress out loud
Ibushi is actually made out of rubber and treats all of his opponents as if they are too

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

i hope its a real game and not a fire pro modpack or some bullsh

new japan dancing all night

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I got the scoopz brother. Its New Japan X Barkley: Shut Up And Jam Gaiden. The only thing that can stop the next Chaos Dunk is... CHAOS!

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

introducing the new NJPW....

PACHISLOT!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm hoping for a dating sim.

• Locked thread