Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZiLnwwYulU

AVGN blooper reel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also we need a cultural mechanism to forgive the misbehaviors of the upper class, otherwise that could lead to some tricky cognitive dissonance.

Also it's pretty unfair to make their fandoms go through the shame of this drama.

Also how am I going to explain this to my kids?

Also, what are we going to criminalize teaching kids slurs and hitting on every hot babe that is forced to interact with me for money?

Also tumblr callout culture is going to devalue REAL rape.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Well it would be terrible if somebody ruined the vanity carriers of these two already rich sons of power on vague accusations

Yeah people need to be reminded of this more often; Felix wasn't some sheltered kid who just happened to make it big on YouTube, but most people I've seen seem to be under that impression. His parents are both 1%er executives in Sweden who were relatively well known there themselves before Felix ever did his first video, and he was basically a half step below ending up a trust fund brat. Which is why he was able to drop out of school without any worries and get on the path that led eventually to starting his stuff on YouTube in the first place.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah, Felix was going to some extremely prestigious and expensive engineering school before the youtube stuff started.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Yeesh, this thread got busy...

So anyway, I like 8th MS Team a lot, but I admit I don't remember the ending so I'll take people's word that it gets bad around there.

As for wrestling shows, I think AE Podcast and NewGenProject Podcast are way better than OSW, although I won't deny the unique niche of being video reviews adds something to OSW a simple podcast lacks. That said I think OSW's quality had dipped bigtime the last couple of years, the only thing they've made recently that I liked was their mainline series covering Hulk Hogan's arrival in WCW. The TNA episodes were pretty poor, as were most of their side videos on movies and games.

If you like Yugioh Abridged, Littlekuriboh does a fun little show called The Mark Remark, where he reviews the Pay per Views and occasional TV episodes in fairly ammusing fashion. He occasionally more serious commentaries/critiques under the label Mark My Words. His analysis on exactly what the issue with Roman Reigns is and why turning him heel won't fix it the way people often presume was pretty interesting compared to the average HOT TAKE on the subject. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rttAxsI4ImY

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah, Felix was going to some extremely prestigious and expensive engineering school before the youtube stuff started.

University is free in Sweden

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Higher education is free in Sweden. :raise:

But yes he was going to Chalmers prestigious Industrial Economy program which you get into by having a really strong support structure going into high-school.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Sanguinia posted:

Yeesh, this thread got busy...

So anyway, I like 8th MS Team a lot, but I admit I don't remember the ending so I'll take people's word that it gets bad around there.

It should have ended an episode sooner, but instead it has a delayed finale that focuses on the two worst characters in the show and their adventures with a tribe of feral newtype children, and reveals that Shiro and Aina have survived living in the wilderness for over a year. While she's been pregnant and he's lost his leg. And somehow didn't die of an infection. It's just junk.

I'm of the opinion that the show went downhill around the halfway point where Shiro and Aina have a romantic escape on the side of Mount Everest. Despite the best episode in the series immediately following that mess, the everest episode is where things fall apart for me.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

University is free in Sweden

I was not aware.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

lornekates posted:

How to do a skit that points out Fiver is a lovely company, in such a way that it points out its a lovely company but also demonstrates how not to be lovely:

This would require effort.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Idran posted:

His parents are both 1%er executives]

?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Also we need a cultural mechanism to forgive the misbehaviors of the upper class, otherwise that could lead to some tricky cognitive dissonance.
No.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

It should have ended an episode sooner, but instead it has a delayed finale that focuses on the two worst characters in the show and their adventures with a tribe of feral newtype children, and reveals that Shiro and Aina have survived living in the wilderness for over a year. While she's been pregnant and he's lost his leg. And somehow didn't die of an infection. It's just junk.

I'm of the opinion that the show went downhill around the halfway point where Shiro and Aina have a romantic escape on the side of Mount Everest. Despite the best episode in the series immediately following that mess, the everest episode is where things fall apart for me.

A lot of people won't remember the last episode because it wasn't shown during the Toonami run.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

All those were sarcastic

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

All those were sarcastic

It was too real.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the most common hand-wringing excuse for these people, except maybe "Well then what WOULD be an acceptable apology?!?!"

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

endolithic posted:

In retrospect I should have expected mentioning pewdiepie would turn out this way and I apologize for the derail. My point was that behavior is often predictive - - regardless of the intent, pewdiepie did do stupid racist poo poo more than once, and Landis certainly has done creepy poo poo more than once. But certain people get absurd benefit of the doubt until some arbitrary threshold is reached.

To be fair, if Hitler had a YouTube account streaming live footage from Dachau, Kim Justice would be posting one handed, breathless "well actually" posts defending them too. Their brain damage isn't your fault. Having a YT channel does things to people.

New Butt Order fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 26, 2017

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So uh, anyways...

I had a question for people who use patreon that pays out on a per video basis, is it an automated process? Or do you manually press "I made a video" and patreon charges the accounts?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

It's the most common hand-wringing excuse for these people, except maybe "Well then what WOULD be an acceptable apology?!?!"

seppuku

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

How nice.

Here's some content, probably best to watch that as opposed to another troll getting their rocks off on insulting me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5h0NZ-7BtU

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Kim Justice posted:

How nice.

Here's some content, probably best to watch that as opposed to another troll getting their rocks off on insulting me

It's almost as if you have an established pattern desperately apologizing for fascists or something. It's so unfair how we remember things you say and do.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

You failed to mention witch hunts, 8/10

New Butt Order posted:

To be fair, if Hitler had a YouTube account streaming live footage from Dachau, Kim Justice would be posting one handed, breathless "well actually" posts defending them too. Their brain damage isn't your fault. Having a YT channel does things to people.

Uh, this isn't necessary

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

New Butt Order posted:

It's almost as if you have an established pattern desperately apologizing for fascists or something. It's so unfair how we remember things you say and do.

Tell me where in my posts I apologised for him. Was it the one where I went into how stupid he was? The one amazed at the lack of people around him? Was it the one where I agreed that it was a bad routine that did nothing but perpetuate the general ignorance at the heart of the matter? It wasn't any of them because I didn't do that and maybe, little troll, you'd see that if you actually LEARNED TO loving READ. gently caress off, you complete and utter oval office.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

New Butt Order posted:

A lot of posters in this thread have an established pattern of throwing around spurious accusations of fascism.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Bakeneko posted:

A lot of posters in this thread have an established pattern of throwing around spurious accusations of fascism.

Accusing others of subversion? Sounds like fascism to me.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Kim Justice posted:

Tell me where in my posts I apologised for him. Was it the one where I went into how stupid he was? The one amazed at the lack of people around him? Was it the one where I agreed that it was a bad routine that did nothing but perpetuate the general ignorance at the heart of the matter? It wasn't any of them because I didn't do that and maybe, little troll, you'd see that if you actually LEARNED TO loving READ. gently caress off, you complete and utter oval office.

Nice meltdown.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3694476&userid=109838

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bakeneko posted:

It’s ironic that someone would criticize free speech within the same post in which they take advantage of that very freedom to make a hateful statement like “loving white people”.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bakeneko posted:

A lot of posters spend their time pretending it isn't fascism so it evens out.

Besides people over use Troll in this thread way, way more.

It's literally used as a way to silence criticism on this very page.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 26, 2017

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Yep, that sure was a post I made. Your point being?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I thought you were being sarcastic, was that a serious post?

Lol

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bakeneko posted:

Yep, that sure was a post I made. Your point being?

You can figure it out dipshit

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

You can figure it out dipshit

lol you're mad about something that happened back in March. That's a long time to hold a grudge over silly forums drama.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just looked at your post history and low-and-behold, a right wing psycho

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

A lot of people won't remember the last episode because it wasn't shown during the Toonami run.

Then Toonami did a smart thing. Same as refusing to air the Doan's Island episode of 0079 because it is literally chicken scratch animation.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

But mate you do have a history of trying to defend or make apologetics for people who at best, are trolls who have dalliances with the alt right/neo nazis.

Pewdiepie is insidious because he had so many young kids watching him

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Yay, now all the goons are now here who don't do anything except come for me because I committed the terrible crime of "saying just about everything negative under the sun about PewDiePie except calling him a racist". Wonder how much is going to be done about it, probably gently caress all.

New Butt Order posted:

Nice meltdown.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...6&userid=109838

I mean, you're literally CharlestheHammer's replicant.

And...uh, thanks for linking to all the posts I've made in the thread?

--

I'd get more warmth and less bile from the folks at KiwiFarms than from you bunch of allegedly enlightened individuals. You're nothing but scum.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"So much for the tolerant left" I say between viewings of 'trans people FORCE people into sex work' and 'we need to ban Muslims because they don't like gays'.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Kim Justice posted:

I'd get more warmth and less bile from the folks at KiwiFarms than from you bunch of allegedly enlightened individuals. You're nothing but scum.

Good. Bye.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:one::one::one::one:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kim Justice posted:

Surprisingly, you get treated poorly if you defend Nazis/Nazi-adjacent folks. Big shocker.

• Locked thread